Cool Candidate Polling Thingie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
http://www.isidewith.com/

It does not have the "best answer" for some of the choices so you have to write it in. Don't forget to 'value' how important each question is, on the left, with the sliding button.

My top 3 results were:

Ron Paul 88%
Gary Johnson 85%
Mitt Romney 57%

Those results do not tell the whole story.

About 4-6 of the choices did not have "my" answer so I had to go with the next best answer which was obviously Ron Paul's answer (because it shows I side 88% with Paul). I generally side with Ron Paul on 70-80% of the issues.

But it was fairly close with Romney: I side between 50-60% with that guy. That can be seen as really bad because there's no way you should be agreeing almost half the time with your president (if he wins). I find no surprise that I matched Obama 24%. We closely matched on Foreign Policy and Immigration issues but disagreed with everything else (lulz).

Take the quiz and post your top 3 results. Tell us why you did not like some of the questions, why you like/hate your results, and so forth.

BackFire
I got 85 for Jill Stein and 80 with Obama, and then 45 or so with Paul, and like 17 with Romney.

These things are always fun.

Symmetric Chaos
I'm finding that the binary nature of these questions (combined with the vagaries of some politicians positions) makes the quiz sort of meaningless.

On the quiz the first one that jumps out is:
"Should the federal minimum wage be raised?"
I suspect the division is "no" is conservative and "yes" is liberal. Except that I'd rather have social programs strong enough that minimum wage isn't an issue. Which is "no" but very liberal.

Also I'm pretty sure its impossible to give an agreeing answer to "Should we expand offshore drilling?" (all the candidates I looked at had answers where yes and no were meaningless) and I don't even know what "health care companies should provide free birth control" means. Isn't that something pharmacies or hospitals might be required to do?

All that said the breakdown they give you at the end is very useful.

Anyway results:
Jill Stein (almost everything)
Barack Obama (almost everything)
Stewart Alexander (social stuff)
Ron Paul (foreign policy and what they consider domestic policy)

Peach
93 for Jill Stein, 88 for Obama, 37 for Paul, and 7 for Romney.

I'm kind of amused by that.

Lord Lucien
Apparently I'm made of 77% Ron Paul.

I was wondering what that was...

Darth Jello
71% Obama and Jill Stein
65% Stewart Alexander.

I'll agree with Jill Stein and Stewart Alexander (I'll probably vote for Stein) but **** the Barack star. That poll should reflect actions, not the fake positions of a fake liberal who's nothing but Ronald McReagan in black face.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
I got 85 for Jill Stein and 80 with Obama, and then 45 or so with Paul, and like 17 with Romney.

These things are always fun.

I see "Jill Stein" coming up a lot. I should probably familiarize myself with her, more.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm finding that the binary nature of these questions (combined with the vagaries of some politicians positions) makes the quiz sort of meaningless.

Did you try the additional questions? Sometimes, as many as 6 additional options come up from you to select from. I pretty much did not select any question as a simple "yes" or "no".

On the quiz the first one that jumps out is:
"Should the federal minimum wage be raised?"
I suspect the division is "no" is conservative and "yes" is liberal. Except that I'd rather have social programs strong enough that minimum wage isn't an issue. Which is "no" but very liberal.

This is also one where I did not agree with the simple "yes" or "no" options. And, I sort of agree with your solution. I said minimum wage should be abolished because I think our system should be strong enough to prevent the need for a minimum wage.

Also I'm pretty sure its impossible to give an agreeing answer to "Should we expand offshore drilling?" (all the candidates I looked at had answers where yes and no were meaningless)

This may be another example where the expanded choices might have been more helpful. I hated that question. I did not like any of the solutions in the expanded options. I think I selected the answer for more economic freedom or something. Don't remember. My solution was a combination of 3 options: better regulation (reform), more push for alternative energy sources, relaxed drilling policy (allow more drilling). Why cannot all 3 options be part of a robust energy policy? Don't destroy the environment, of course: I would want proposals to be made by organizations and private "watch-dog" or environmental groups to call out companies on their bullsh*t if they are lying about their proposals. Basically, "you can drill..but prove your plan isn't destructive and will be run cleanly".

and I don't even know what "health care companies should provide free birth control" means. Isn't that something pharmacies or hospitals might be required to do?

No, that's a religious question. Birth control is a "hot" question for many conservatives and they feel the government should never support policies/laws that force companies to infringe upon their religious beliefs. It's one thing for a company to willingly choose to offer birth control benefits but it is another if they are forced to by government. If they are forced to, the individual cannot vote for and use the company of their choice. It is why there was a concession made by the Dems for Obamacare to allow people to opt out for religious reasons. There are other reasons, too. But that's the main reason: religion.

All that said the breakdown they give you at the end is very useful.

Anyway results:
Jill Stein (almost everything)
Barack Obama (almost everything)
Stewart Alexander (social stuff)
Ron Paul (foreign policy and what they consider domestic policy)

No way I would have ever guessed you would jive with Paul's foreign and domestic policy stuff. That's quite interesting. What about Paul's foreign and domestic policies do you agree?

Originally posted by Darth Jello
That poll should reflect actions, not the fake positions of a fake liberal who's nothing but Ronald McReagan in black face.

haermm

Omega Vision
93% Jill Stein-on pretty much everything
87% Barack Obama-on social, foreign policy, environmental, science, and immigration issues
69% Stewart Alexander-social, immigration, healthcare, environmental
54% Ron Paul-domestic policy and health care (I think that's bullshit--I said institute Universal healthcare messed )
30% Mitt Romney-no major issues

It's ridiculous that science is considered a political issue though. Maybe we should have scientists passing bills in Congress to even things out.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Did you try the additional questions? Sometimes, as many as 6 additional options come up from you to select from. I pretty much did not select any question as a simple "yes" or "no".

I'll admit that I missed that option entirely.

No way I would have ever guessed you would jive with Paul's foreign and domestic policy stuff. That's quite interesting. What about Paul's foreign and domestic policies do you agree?

Mainly seems to be that I'm pro-gun and anti-Israel though neither to the extent that Paul is. He's also government regulation of the internet and ending the Afgan war.

One thing I didn't know was that Paul is to opposed the embargo with Cuba, though my thinking is that its shortsighted and out of date while he frames it as a travel rights issue.

Oliver North
Stein - 84%
Obama - 79%
Alexander - 67%
Johnson - 70%
Paul - 44%

Didn't really like the answers to most questions though, not enough nuance :/

Apparently I agree with Obama >80% on science, economic and social issues, and 99% on the environment...

Which Barack Obama are we talking about?

Oliver North
Also I'm pretty sure its impossible to give an agreeing answer to "Should we expand offshore drilling?" (all the candidates I looked at had answers where yes and no were meaningless)

I wrote in "yes, but only if oil is decomodified from the global market and priced based on local demand"

dadudemon
Mainly seems to be that I'm pro-gun and anti-Israel though neither to the extent that Paul is. He's also government regulation of the internet and ending the Afgan war.

Is it really anti-Israel, though? Maybe to the conservatards, it seems "Anti-Israel". I seem to think of it as more practical than Anti-Israel.

I would have pegged you the opposite on gun-control issues: I learned something new.

And as far as internet stuff goes...I had no idea! Ron Paul...has greatly disappointed me.

I found the most bias source possible:

http://www.dailypaul.com/243358/ron-paul-joins-the-dark-side-opposes-internet-freedom

WTF, Paul? How is removing liberty and putting it into the hands of major corporations "preserving the liberty of the individual"?

One thing I didn't know was that Paul is to opposed the embargo with Cuba, though my thinking is that its shortsighted and out of date while he frames it as a travel rights issue.

I have always found that embargo lame. I could have sworn Obama made statements about finally relaxing travel...maybe that's where Obama and I agree on Foreign Policy.

Omega Vision
They should determine the President via a drawing.

And by a drawing I mean drawing a groundhog out of a hole.
http://www.build-a-beard.com/storage/post-images/image4769730.jpg

Oliver North
I have always found that embargo lame. I could have sworn Obama made statements about finally relaxing travel...maybe that's where Obama and I agree on Foreign Policy.

He may have said something, but idk, Florida is a major swing state and the Cuban ex-pats sort of demand the tough stand on Cuba. He'd be risking a sizable vote in a critical locale, though I agree in principle, the embargo is really only symbolic and meaningless now that the cold war is over (if it ever wasn't meaningless)

Darth Jello
It seems lately that the qualifications for president are that your ass hole has to be loose enough for Bill Kristol and Thomas Freidman to work you like a puppet regardless of what party you're in.

Robtard
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/407/votesmc.jpg
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/407/votesmc.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8646/votes2.jpg
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8646/votes2.jpg

dadudemon
Robtard matches, favorably, with all parties. He's a true American Moderate.

Robtard
Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

dadudemon
So you are voting green party, eh?

Robtard
No, throwing it away at some Independent again.

Archaeopteryx
Well, I took this test but I question the results.
Ron Paul-74%
Barack Obama-70%
Mitt Romney-66%
Gary Johnson-66%
-----------------------
Libertarian-72%
Democratic-70%
Republican-66%
Green-65%

I sopported single payer health care and support raising the minimum wage, something the Greens support and the Libertarians oppose.
I also came down very hard on illegal immigration, Libertarians think we should relocate the PRC to San Francisco and all of latin America to LA.

Ron Paul won't be on the ballot in the general election so he's irrelevant. I'm not voting for Obozo, Mr private equity firm, or Johnson. Maybe I'll vote for Jill Stein though still undecided.

BTW, hello KMC, been a while.

Mairuzu
A lot of big government dependants I see stoned

We'll see how that goes.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mairuzu
A lot of big government dependants I see stoned

We'll see how that goes.
Lemme guess, you took the quiz and it says you secretly hate Ron Paul.

Mairuzu
Clever girl.

Didn't see that one coming stoned

Mairuzu
Candidates you side with...
95% Ron Paul
on domestic policy, foreign policy, economic, healthcare, and immigration issues.

88% Gary Johnson (Will be my vote if Paul is officially out)
on domestic policy, foreign policy, and healthcare issues.

72% Jimmy McMillan
on domestic policy, immigration, and environmental issues.

69% Virgil Goode
on economic, immigration, and environmental issues.

60% Jill Stein
on foreign policy issues.

56% Mitt Romney (How do they even know what position he stands these days?)
on healthcare and immigration issues.

36% Stewart Alexanderon foreign policy issues.

19% Barack Obama (Totalitarian man? Nah)
no major issues.

66% California Voters
on domestic policy and foreign policy issues.

76% American Voters
on domestic policy, foreign policy, and immigration issues.

Looks good.

Tzeentch._
http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/24573185.jpg

Hmmm. I don't even know who this woman is.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

You green party mother ****er. uhuh

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Hahaa, deep down inside, under that lovely hulking blackatino exterior lies a small and frail while lesbian woman.

Not surprised though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.