make a superhero team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trollfacejpg
SHIELD intercepts a message, and they learn that the skrull will be invading earth. So they assemble a team of 6 to combat the skrull.
(Up to high herald, marvel and/or DC, eartbound heroes only)

My team would be

Iron Man. he is incredibly powerful and also one of the smartest in the universe

Thor. Son of Odin, Mjolnir, experience fighting.

Martian Manhunter. strength, can go intangible, very versatile, smart, few weaknesses

Green Lantern Hal. his imagination is his only limit as to what he can hit you with. force fields to protect the team as well.

Red Hulk. Strength. durability.

Iceman. One of 15 Omega level mutants, nuff said.

team gets 3 days prep

whats your team?

DarkSaint85
Deadpool
Animal Man
Squirrel Girl
She-Hulk
Ambush Bug

That's all I need. I'd have Lobo in there, but he would break the OP rules.

ColossusGrundy
Hal Jordan
Colossusnaut (with someone to piss him off so he doesn't get all Bob Ross and wimp out)
Supes
Cap America to lead the op
Black Adam
Zatanna (to hang with me while it's going on or help if she's needed)

byrdgang21
Doom
GR Blaze
Iron Fist
Batman
Flash
Hulk

carver9
Thor
Hulk
Gladiator

That's all I need.

UK2000AD
Hawkman
Green Arrow
Aquaman (the banter between these three would be epic)

Red Tornado
Iron Man
Dr.Strange

-Pr-
So this is basically "pick your favourite heroes"?

Marvel:

Thor
Hulk
Cyclops
Hank Pym
Colossus
Emma Frost

DC:

Superman (obviously)
Aquaman (largest army on Earth at his command, a no-brainer)
GL Hal Jordan
Kimiyo Hoshi
Flash (Wally)
Batman

PillarofOsiris
Martian Manhunter
Maxima
Sersi
Thor
The silver surfer

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-

Marvel:

Thor
Hulk
Cyclops
Hank Pym
Colossus
Emma Frost

DC:

Superman (obviously)
GL Hal Jordan
Kimiyo Hoshi
Flash (Wally)
Batman

Why Aquaman?

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom
Five Doombots.

Blair Wind
Green Lantern Hal
Earth Man
Flash (Wally West)
Black Alice
Box
Nate Grey

red sabre
GA SBP
Rune king thor
Captain america

come at me with this team

pym-ftw
^so no op for you

Avengers Academy

Pym
Tigra
Mettle
Hazmat
Quicksilver
Lightspeed

Cogito
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Black Alice

To fight Skrulls? kinda

Estacado
WBH.

thanos-prime
The mandarin W/rings
Super skrull
The runner
Emma frost
Magneto
Batman

Zack Fair
Originally posted by trollfacejpg
SHIELD intercepts a message, and they learn that the skrull will be invading earth. So they assemble a team of 6 to combat the skrull.
(Up to high herald, marvel and/or DC, eartbound heroes only)

My team would be

Iron Man. he is incredibly powerful and also one of the smartest in the universe

Thor. Son of Odin, Mjolnir, experience fighting.

Martian Manhunter. strength, can go intangible, very versatile, smart, few weaknesses

Green Lantern Hal. his imagination is his only limit as to what he can hit you with. force fields to protect the team as well.

Red Hulk. Strength. durability.

Iceman. One of 15 Omega level mutants, nuff said.

team gets 3 days prep

whats your team?

Morrison JLA.

Harbinger
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom
Fixed.

Mindset
Doom
Iron Fist
Kyle Rayner
Grifter
Deadpool

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Cogito
To fight Skrulls? kinda

Why not? You automatically have Black Adam, Alan Scott, Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Loki, Thor, etc etc on your team.

Cogito
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Why not? You automatically have Black Adam, Alan Scott, Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Loki, Thor, etc etc on your team.

Black Alice temporarily steals magical powers. None of those people are on the field.

Fighting the Skrull, she's just a girl.

celestialbodies
Ironman- Tech
Thor- Versatility
Dr. Strange- Mystics
Monica Rambeau- Energy
Jean Grey- Omega Level Psychic
Hulk- Strength and Durability

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Why Aquaman?

I wrote the actual reason in my post... no expression

Originally posted by -Pr-

Marvel:

Thor
Hulk
Cyclops
Hank Pym
Colossus
Emma Frost

DC:

Superman (obviously)
GL Hal Jordan
Kimiyo Hoshi
Flash (Wally)
Batman

See?

bluewaterrider
Who:

Dr. Doom
Magneto
Rogue
Miss Martian
Wonder Woman
Spider-Man

Why:

Dr. Doom -- Genius intellect. Great technology. Willingness to do whatever is necessary to win. Experience commanding teams.
In the greatest of emergencies, time travel capability and sorcery

Magneto -- Metal manipulation ability. Shields that can defend against almost anything. Familiarity with alien technology (Shiar)
Respect and cooperation forthcoming from just about every major mutant group

Rogue -- Demonstrates good tactical skills and overall strategy.
A Marvel version of Supergirl if she still possesses the Chris Claremont era abilities that the cartoon made her famous for. Currently has the ability to steal powers and memories from others, including aliens and beings with magic aide, and control it, AND determine whether or not her touch debilitates or not.

Note that this memory stealing/borrowing ability would make her inherently useful for Skrull DETECTION, and, again, she now has the ability to touch "scan" in this way WITHOUT debilitating people, so she could tell friend from foe literally with a touch.

Miss Martian -- The White Martian heroine M'gann Morzz. Judging from Primaid of the Hyperclan and her own history, has physical strength that is the equal or superior of Superman or Martian Manhunter, but with a GREAT resistance to harming others, more so than the latter 2 Justice League members, certainly if episodes like "Sacrifice" and "Fernus, the Burning" are any indication.
Good at shapeshifting and disguise. Seems to have more resistance to flame than the average martian, her "future titans" incarnation actually had a device that nullified the effect of flame, which would make her nearly invincible as a fighting force.
Again, the reluctance to hurt others. Good to consider in case Skrulls have any means of "turning" people.
If sure ally, though, Megan also has telepathy and mind-reading skills.
She is thus the second member of the team with theoretical Skrull DETECTION ability, able to distinguish friend from foe with little effort.

Wonder Woman -- Greater physical strength than Superman. Accorded the greatest melee combatant of the JLA by Batman. Arm-worn shields that can deflect even the DC Greek Pantheon's combined energy. Superspeed. Worst case scenario has demonstrated the ability to receive help from her patrons via prayer or the Godwave. Physical abilities augmented by a factor of 10 if her Gauntlet(s) of Atlas are allowed.
Obviously, Diana is the third member of the team (assuming standard M.O. and gear) with Skrull DETECTION ability. Can simply ask "Are you friend or foe? Even if you are a skrull, will you fight for us when the chips are down? Will you spare our lives if we fall into your hands? etcetera.

Because her Lasso of Truth was tailor made for that.

Spider-Man -- The Original Poster of this thread did not specify how long or involved this engagement is or how wide-covering. If it were a simple direct engagment I'd choose someone else; Spider-Man is not all that good on a battlefield. But if this involves situations where detecting Skrulls is useful, Pete has Spider-Sense. Ditto for immediate danger being posed, detection of traps, etcetera. Spidey-tracers give him the ability to track suspects, enemy Skrulls etcera.
Demonstrated ability to sneak into bases and spy around for a group, too. Nearly unparalleled for that task, excepting Megan, really...

Might be a moot point but Pete's also demonstrated the ability to persuade people to end hostilities, find a third way, etcetera. Did so with the skrull Ethan from what I understand, a Skrull who mimicked the backstory and rough powerset of Superman and Black Tarantula.
Wonder Woman with or without lasso has been able to reason many an aggravated combatant into peaceful resolution, too.
Again, Spider-man is for a semi-nuanced affair, like the actual storyline Skrull Invasion. I'd switch him out if it were ONLY power that decided this thing. He's definitely not for the one and done Armaggedon scenario.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Wonder Woman -- Greater physical strength than Superman.

...what?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Cogito
Black Alice temporarily steals magical powers. None of those people are on the field.

Fighting the Skrull, she's just a girl.

I know her powers. They may not be on the field, but she's someone I would field if I was SHIELD. This is assuming that they are still fighting in a world populated by heroes/villains. These 6 are just the strike team SHIELD is using to fight off the Skrulls. With that assumption in mind, she's a valid choice.

Sin I AM
Zatanna
Sersi
Snowbird
Wonder Woman
Magik

Harbinger
Firestorm
Silver Surfer
Flash (Wally)
Thor
Wonder Woman
Superman

riv6672

Faceless808
RIV'S BACK!!

StiltmanFTW
He's just taking a short break from his "GOOD MORNING! GOOD AFTERNOON! GOOD EVENING! GOOD NIGHT!" thread.

shadowknight
Superman=Too many reasons to list, here,s a few Hulk lvl STR( makes Hulk, ReDHulk, Hercules redundant, can see to the edge of the Universe, has soul vision no way with his enhance sense is he getting fooled by the Skrulls. Plus has the AWE factor and respect the Cap has(therefore no need for Cap). SM also has too many powers too list & add the fact he has fortress with gadgets light yrs ahead of what available on Earth and is has genius lvl IQ even-though most writers rarely mention it. .

Batman=Like SM too many reasons to list, but here's a few. A strategic and tactical genius which eliminates the need of Cap, given his paraonia I'm sure he's created contingencies for shape shifters ever attacking the planet like (Martians & Durland which eliminates the need for BP) also a Scientific & tech genius which elimates the need for IM.

MM=Also too many reasons to list, simply put he can do everything the Skrulls can do and more. His only weakness is Fire but his Omega lvl TP makes me take him anyway( which neutralize a Jean Grey or Professor X)

Aquaman=To tell the truth both Namor & AM are interchangeable and have similar abilities including armies. To me the deciding factor was AQ control of sea life , his TP and AQ is more of a team player. Eventhough to be honest I think Namor is somewhat stronger & tougher nowadays.

Hal Jordan (GL)- Simply put he can duplicate almost any ability or power with his ring. While there can be arguments to be made for practically any other Lanterns. But no one else has his experience, will power, strategic brilliance, leadership and willingness to lay on the line like he does. It also doesn't hurt he has the best feats of any GL.

Doom-like all the other on my list ther's just too many reasons to list. Simply put like BM he's a strategist, tactician, a scientific and tech genius ( which eliminates the need of IM, Mr Fantastic, Cyborg, LL, Pym). His armor is state of the art but his crowning achievement is his knowledge of Magic and his willingness to be ruthless if push comes to shove.

Finally I believe in versatility most of my team are either has enhance senses, great tech or varied amount of skills. Most of the teams I seen posted b4 me are 1 trick ponies and against the Skrulls it's extremely dangerous. Honorable mention should go to Thor & WW, but I ultimately rejected them b/c SM IMO brings more to the table.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.