My little brother is starting at my school, what should I do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Astner
I don't want to see him on campus, technically I only have one year left but it would be really uncomfortable to bump into him there.

What should I do?

Oliver North
you two don't get along well?

will he be in the same buildings as you for classes?

Astner
Originally posted by Oliver North
you two don't get along well?
No.

Originally posted by Oliver North
will he be in the same buildings as you for classes?
No.

Oliver North
I'd say just be reclusive for a year and hope he is equally motivated not to see you.

or, fight him by the bike racks, show dominance

Omega Vision
Does this even step up to the level of a first-world problem?

Robtard
Originally posted by Astner
I don't want to see him on campus, technically I only have one year left but it would be really uncomfortable to bump into him there.

What should I do?

Are you an adult?

Astner
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does this even step up to the level of a first-world problem?
It's more of an annoyance than a problem.

Omega Vision
This is the most awkward thread I've seen on KMC.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you an adult? Originally posted by Astner
No.

Omega Vision
Mindset is the forum vulture.

Harbinger
laughing out loud

Astner
It's honestly not that funny.

That ACDC Chick
Honestly, it is. haermm

Esau Cairn
It's honestly not that funny.

You're right.
It's sad.

Astner
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You're right.
It's sad.
Not devastatingly sad, but you do have a point. So how do you propose to solve the dilemma?

Omega Vision
I can't tell how much of Astner's awkwardness is him being Swedish and communicating in a non-native language and how much is just him.

Esau Cairn
Not devastatingly sad, but you do have a point. So how do you propose to solve the dilemma?

Solve the dilemma?

You haven't actually mentioned what the dilemma is?

He's your younger brother, you should be looking out for him NOT being ashamed of him.

mikeydude
Last time I checked this is on the same lines of nobody likes Astner.

Mindset
It's honestly not that funny. It was pretty funny.

Barker
It begins

Grand-Moff-Gav
Chances are you won't meet each other...

Barker
Reported if you're talking to me

Reported if you're taking any Astner post seriously, come to think of it.

Syren
pointandlaugh

Digi
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you an adult?

...seems like the most relevant question so far. I mean, just walk past him? Or ignore him? Or nod and acknowledge the fact that you share more genetic similarities than the others around you, before going about your day?

This really shouldn't be a problem. The fact that you're having to ask about how to deal with it raises some legitimate questions. Like, how f-----d up is your relationship with your brother? Or, are you an adult?

Astner
Originally posted by Digi
Or, are you an adult?
Define what you mean with adult.

immaturerainbow
If I could handle being in the same school as my step sister in a mature manner than so can you with your brother.

Insomniatric
Ignore him, that's what I do when I see certain people I don't want to talk to. Just don't make it too obvious that you're ignoring him (like having your head turned completely to the side when you're walking).

Astner
Good news everyone. My brother's programme is at the other campus at the other side of town, and so we don't see each other at all.

It has to be karma.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I can't tell how much of Astner's awkwardness is him being Swedish and communicating in a non-native language and how much is just him. I've have conversations with several Swedish people (Mostly people I've met on here honestly), all of whom having a grasp on English superior to most of my peers (Sweden apparently has a good English program, that also happens to be mandatory), and Astner too is very fluent.

I'm pretty sure it's him.

AbnormalButSane
I would do what I do with most people I don't like: pretend I didn't see them as they past (or nod curtly).

Astner
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm pretty sure it's him.
I'm beginning to suspect that the only reason any of you find my witticism awkward is due to your own social detachment.

rudester
No.

No.

id say grow up eventually you become friends. Your relationship has to change anyways, why not just act like a friend.

crystalmaden
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Solve the dilemma?

You haven't actually mentioned what the dilemma is?

He's your younger brother, you should be looking out for him NOT being ashamed of him.

Esau Cairn is right. You're older than him, be mature enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.