Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
The Batman Film Series lasted(so far) four features over an eight year span between 1989 and 1997. The only constant throught all four was Michael Gough as Aldred Pennyworth. The first two films were darker than the last two, which seemed to be made primarily for laughs and cheap jokes. Having said this, my favorite is the third installment, Batman Forever. Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell won me over as the then-latest version of Batman and Robin while JimCarrey did an excellent job at recreating the role originated by Frank Gorshin. Which ones are your favorites, and why? I challenge anyone to answer. cool

Augeybana
I can't agree ,the third is better than the very bad acting forth.But there can only be one batman thats Micheal Keaton,batman is supposed to be dark batman and he played a very crazy batman.Val kilmer did better than George Clooney but he did a better Bruce WAyne but he to Handsome for the job and didn't have the vegence for it.Chris O'Donnell played a good robin,And the riddler is my favorite character and Jim Carrey played it quite well.

Corran
Batman is by far the best, the first movie was good because of the intitial intrigue and darkness, plus Jack Nicholson was the best of all the bad guys in any of the batman movies, he was brilliant. I liked all the movies, but as GS has pointed out the later films were more for little extras, be it laughs, cheap jokes or extra gadgets/special effects.

GordonSkywalker
Michael Keaton WAS the darkest of all the Batmans.However, Val Kilmer did have his moments as a brooding Brue Wayne, especially the scenes with the flashbacks.

Corran
Val Kilmer had a bit of a head start in that he is a darker actor than the comival Michael Keaton, but for a Comic type actor to have pulled off what he did as batman is also a good achievement in determining which was the better of the movies.

Augeybana
Nothing could be as bad as Batman And Robin.Worst bad guy,Bat girl looked good but acted badly,George Clonney lost my repect for awhlie until I saw FRom Dusk till dawn agian on video.

GordonSkywalker
I could never get into Clooney's version for some reason. And I can remember the controversy when Keaton was cast as for the first film. He was considered too comical due to his doing films like Beetlejuice and Mr.Mom. But boy did he show them! He proved everybody wrong and is now considered the best Batman ever.

Augeybana
Yeah but That sadly would be Micheal Keaton major work since I believe he's trying to be recogonized for something else .

Corran
Not sure I would consider Keaton as the best Batman, he starred in the best Batman movie, But I still think Kilmer should have the acolade of best Batman. If Kilmaer had been the first batman I beleive it would have goten far great acolade. It also had the best musical score too, Prince is a genius.

Augeybana
I would rather say Keaton as best batman and Kilmer as best Bruce wayne.

GordonSkywalker
The only one I never saw all the way through was Batman Returns(Keaton again). It seemed even darker than the first. I never could really get into it. As for the fourth entry, the best thing about that was Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl. I had a huge crush on her back then. But all the characterisations were off:Batman and Robin, under the spell of Poison Ivy, ran around like schoolboys!And we musn't forget Arnold Schwarzanegger as Mr Freeze.(Talk about bad casting!)

Augeybana
I knew that movie was going to bomb it might have destroyed that franchise of batman like Aliens.

desilu
batman and batman returns were by far the best films due to keaton as batman, which he was the best of the three, and tim burton as the director. Once they got Schumacher as the director the last two films sucked. What the hell was with all the neon lights in Gotham, it was supposed to be dark like the first two. the neon lights made the films look cheesy, the last two films also seemed as bad as the television show with Adam West as batman. the new one better be dark and they should get Keaton but i thought i heard its supposed to be Colin Farrell, i hope not though.

Augeybana
Colin Farrell would make a good bad guy,he was good as bullseye on daredevil.

GordonSkywalker
So if they ever get around to making Batman 5, who would you like to see in the cape and cowl?

Augeybana
I would love Micheal Keaton but I heard the movie is being called Batman year one where it recounts the first year he's batman.I heard brad Pitt was supposed to be in it but he's too old.

GordonSkywalker
Brad Pitt would be a bad choice for Batman. As for Batman 5, I hear there are at least three seperate scripts under consideration. Batman:Year One is the one I have heard the most about, in terms of them actually making it into a movie.

Augeybana
What ever happened to batman vs superman movie?

GordonSkywalker
I did hear something about it recently, but I haven't heard anything definite on it yet.

Augeybana
Hope so batman would kick superman @$$.I also heard a superman movie that has a budget of $225 million budget.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I know! I lost interest in Superman ages ago, but Batman is always cool to watch! I saw where they're selling Batman Returns and Batman Forever at reduced prices at a local store. Danny Devito was too freakish as the Penguin,and that's why I have never been able to watch it all the way through. Now Catwoman was pretty hot in that one! I had had hopes she would come back in a future film, but it ain't happened yet.

Augeybana
I heard Halle Berry is playing that role of an all catwoman movie.They say Michelle Pfrier is too old for the part but Halle is already 35 or older.I'm not saying she can't pull it off but by the time there's a part two she's would be early 40's.

GordonSkywalker
Halle Berry as Catwoman? It might work, but as you say there is the age thing in regards to who will probably get the part. I suppose it's the same thing with Ashley Judd?

Augeybana
Hollywood has a thing of putting older women in roles of very much younger women parts.The girl who played Velma in scooby doo was in a show about highschooler but she just turned 28 this year.

GordonSkywalker
So are you in favor of a Catwoman movie? And do you think the next Batman film should start over and ignore the previous films?

Augeybana
I do think the catwoman movie would do good.Unless Keaton comes back and a much needed better script if not try to do it from scratch.

Asami
I've only seen BatmanForever. I didn't really enjoy it to be honest and I haven't exactly bothered to try and watch the others.
I liek Jack Nicholson though, he was the joker right?

I heard that David Boreanaz (Angel) was a "maybe" for Superman.
HOw about him as Batman? he has the edginess right?

GordonSkywalker
He would be a good Batman, I think. Batman Forever is my favorite out of all the films. And yes asami, he did play the Joker in the first film.

Augeybana
Greatest villian to me was the joker.For superman I not waiting for that one because batman is much more interesting character.

GordonSkywalker
I agree, augeybana.

Augeybana
I heard there's a punisher out Thomas Jane is said to play him and it's offical.It's a good thing pick a low class actor to play a big comic role.Tobey Magire wasn't to popular before Spider Man and Be Affelck was good but they didn't need a big actor to pull it off.

GordonSkywalker
The Joker was the most dangerous villian Batman ever faced in the films. Although I am more into the Riddler as played by Jim Carey. laughing out loud

Augeybana
Jim Carrey did a good job.Not much an evil guy but played it like the riddler supposed to be played as by a crazyman.

GordonSkywalker
That's how Frank Gorshin(the Original Riddler) played it. By the way, very cool avatar ! Looks great! I just saw XMen on TV last night, so I finally know who most of the characters are!

Augeybana
Thanks I notice you change ours all the time that;'s cool.But I remeber Frank Gorshin He was my favorite character in the old batman shows.

GordonSkywalker
He was the villian behind the scenes in the recent Batman TV special. Adam West and Burt ward came back as themselves and went looking for the Riddler when the old Batmobile was stolen at a charity event for children.

Augeybana
I know I miss it.Was it any good.

BOPRecruit 16
i love batman! i enjoy watching the 90's cartoon, but not batman beyond. they need to put it back on toonami. i know that he doesn't have any super powers, but with all the smarts, gadgets, villians, and side kicks make up for it and rocks. the live movies weren't that great. i think making ones about his younger years, where he's just starting out as batz, that'd more interesting to see on the big screen. too bad those early ideas for them didn't work. i hope they try again. maybe not with ben affleck. there's a bunch of people who'd make good young batz. but who? *there were also plans of josh as young superman. but that got cancelled. oh darn! i wanted to see him in tights ^.~ *

my fave characters were Nightwing, Poison Ivy, Live Wire, and Batgirl. i never read the comics before, just the ones based on the toon are the best!

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, it was pretty good! I taped it the night it aired. Parts of it were as silly as the original series that inspired it. Suprises around every corner!

Sünden
Batman (the movie): Classic
Batman Returns: A really good movie
Batman Forever: Crap
Batman and Robin: Equally crappy or worse
Batman the Animated Series: Excellent
Batman Beyond:
Batman (with Adam West): Horrible (but funny)

Augeybana
Yeah the old batman series didn't ,ake sense he always had something in he's belt that stop the villians plan like batman had a spray to stop sharks when they attack him.

Ushgarak
Somehow I think sense and continuity were not that series' aims.

GordonSkywalker
Batman as a dark avenger is my favorite version of the character. I got a bit giddy watching the original series, but still maintain a healthly admiration for Adam West and Burt Ward-and the rest of that cast. They had a lot to prove and were ambitious enough to make a series instead of a series of films, which is the case now. Batman Forever is my favorite motion picture of the films. I also enjoy the Batman animated series,but don't like Batman Beyond. stick out tongue

Augeybana
I heard that John F. Kennedy was suppose to play a villian once.

GordonSkywalker
Really? I thought he was dead by the time the series was on tv?

Augeybana
I think it was a rumor but I tought it was kennedy right before he died.

GordonSkywalker
Hadn't heard that one. I am still waiting to see what is going to be done with 'Birds of Prey', which I thought was cancelled after just under a whole season. Then I heard it was staying on. Not really Batman in the strickest sense, though.

Augeybana
It the one about batmans daughter right it came out when dark angle came out not a big fan on that one.

GordonSkywalker
That's the one,yes. I've never even seen it except for the pilot, and I lost interest in that rather quickly.

Augeybana
The idea wasn't to interesting.

GordonSkywalker
No it wasn't.

Member.
birds of prey really sucked.crazy things producers come out with.

GordonSkywalker
You're telling me.

Augeybana
As long as the $$$ or ratings is there producer would put anything onthe air.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, like the aforementioned Batman Beyond which I never really could get into. Batman for me is either the series with West and Ward, or Batman Forever with Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell.

Augeybana
Yeah batman beyond sucked.

GordonSkywalker
I watched it when it first aired, then became increasingly bored by it. And that was before they managed to bring the Joker back. Mark Hamill did his voice I think.

Augeybana
Yeah but Batman in Justice kick butt the rest of the superheroes aren't that interesting

GordonSkywalker
Now I like Justice League. Batman is one of the best superheoes on there, along with the Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern. The others just don't inspire me.

Augeybana
Yeah superman sucks and Hawk girl isn't cool just a filler that's all.But Green latern was pretty cool.There should be a Avengers one.That would be cool.

GordonSkywalker
I know very little about the Avengers, never having been into that one really.

Augeybana
Well it has Captain America,Hulk,Thor those are the famous ones.They remind me of The Justice League.The X men show was pretty good to.

GordonSkywalker
X-Men:Evolution was on tv earlier, but I missed it. I used to watch it when it came on Saturday mornings after my sister moved out.

Augeybana
Yeah it's much diffrant from the movie.

GordonSkywalker
All I can remember was time travel and a house that had something to do with Xavier. And Wolverine wore a yellow costume that he doesn't seem to do in the movies so far.

Augeybana
Yeah the show kick butt.But I'm trying to find video tapes of old batman shows.

GordonSkywalker
They're hard to find, are they?

Augeybana
Yeah it's not as easy as getting the first season of Simpsons or The Osbournes.I think of going on Ebay for these.

GordonSkywalker
Try amazon.com, augey. I was just there and they got all sorts of Batman dvds ! We're talking the movies, the animated series, the whole works!

Augeybana
Cool I got too check that out don't you have to pay by pay pal or something.Thanks for the info GS.

GordonSkywalker
You can pay by a variety of ways. I usually just send them a personal check. They also accept credit cards and other means of payment. I go there all the time.

Augeybana
How about money orders.

GordonSkywalker
Oh yes they take money orders too. Forgot that one.

Augeybana
Cool I got to check it out thanks for the info GS.

GordonSkywalker
You're welcome. Us Batman fans have to stick together, you know.

Augeybana
I hear that bro.

GordonSkywalker
So what is the current status with this Superman Vs. Batman film I keep hearing about? And who are the main contenders for the title roles?

Augeybana
Well I heard was that Russel Crowe.I heard the the new superman movie was $225 million and now cut to $215 million.There not sure if there going to do it.

GordonSkywalker
Russell Crowe? As Batman or Superman?

Augeybana
Superman.They also said that they were thinking of Brad Pitt for batman in the movie Batman:Year One.

zimbo
I'm glad they changed their mind

Augeybana
That a good thing Brad may look cool but he can't pass off as a teenager.

GordonSkywalker
Augey, are they actually making this movie?

Augeybana
Yeah the first batman movie is supposed to be about the first Year batman becomes batman when he's a teenager.But the studio is ready to make a batman vs superman movie they just need a prducer to cut the budget.but batman year one is the first movie they want to do.

GordonSkywalker
Two different films? Released at the same time? That could prove problematic at best.

Augeybana
Not at the same time but the batman/superman is supposed to come out the follwing year.

GordonSkywalker
Oh good. We don't want overkill with these things. Which are you wanting to see more- Batman Year One or Batman Vs. Superman? I'd go for the latter.Mainly because it would have to be pretty good to pull something like that off.

Augeybana
Yeah this movie is good but I kinda feel like no one will win they'll make it a draw.I don't know why but I feel that how it would end.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah it's like the Star Trek thing between the classic cast and the next generation. Which crew would win if both were pitted against each other? That sort of thing.There's no real solution everybody would go for.

Augeybana
I think batman should just jam kryptonite down superman throat the movie would last 5 min.

GordonSkywalker
I can see it now- Batman Vs Superman:The 5- Minute Motion Picture Event of the Century!

Augeybana
I'll watch it.Pay $9.00 bucks to watch it.

GordonSkywalker
Sorry about taking so long in replying. I think The Man just shut down another discussion on another page. But heck yeah I would pay to see that fight!

Augeybana
Quite all right but I have no Idea who would make a good Batman.

GordonSkywalker
Not in this particular film.

Augeybana
true.

GordonSkywalker
I think I'm all Batman-out!

Augeybana
yeah I don't know what else to say but batman rocks.

GordonSkywalker
Hey Moderator, want to go ahead and close this thread? We can't think of much more to say.

Augeybana
Yeah ran out of things to say.

therealbatman
Batman and Robin was so far the best batman so far, well after the first Batman. Batman Forever was the gayest, with Val Kilmer playing batman he is the worst so far.

ragesRemorse
are you serious or just being sarcastic? batman and robin was like sitting though chinese torture methods joel shumacer knows nothing about superhero appeal, he made batman look like a ***, and what was up with the batmobile? i mean really that thing looked so damn retarded

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.