How Fast Can Captain Marvel Go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
I ran across this scan where captain marvel invoked a large amount of hermes speed and was able to match flashes speed. ( not cannon). And ive also read the cannon story arc where the olympion god hermes proved himself to be much faster than flash even while having his power split (he was split into two a roman god and olympion god)

So can normal cap catch up to flash?

Here superman tells Cap that he isnt fast enough but cap has the power of the god hermes so cap can catch him.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58957/1557690-justice10_super.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/Captain%20Marvel/Catchesflashbarryallen3.jpg

KingD19
Well Black Adam was racing at Mach 500 with no problems

Harbinger
Probably gets stopped by exploding dynamite, like Flash does.

Endless Mike
Significantly faster than light

zopzop
Sick scene! The panel with the images of Marvel and Flash superimposed is awesome. Where is this from? The Marvels and Adam are badass.

JakeTheBank
Those scans are from Justice, which is non-canon. Great silver-age throwback story, though.

Also, Captain Marvel gets his speed from Mercury, not Hermes. It's the "M" in SHAZAM, after all.

Decimus
Well for all intents and purposes Hermes was stolen and rewritten to become Mercury by the Romans (basically a millenia afterward)the mythology was then used as a basis for the comic mythos. But I'm certain the originator of captain marvel and shazam knew that so there either is some distinction between Hermes and Mercury or they are one in the same. If there is no Roman pantheon in DC Hermes is a tad bit more right- in our reality Hermes is the basis.

DarkSaint85
They are distinct in DC.

Also, I think the guy just used Mercury because he needed an 'M'.

abhilegend
DC retconned SHAZAM deities into Lords of order.

JakeTheBank
Which was stupid as shit.

Phuck Freddy Freeman-Shazam.

abhilegend
Yeah, it was stupid. Winick is a hack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.