Most Powerful untrained Force User?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediDavidHayter
Inspired by the Bane vs Cognus thread.

Who was the most powerful Force User ever to not receive any training?

My vote goes to Rain.

juggerman
I think Cognus

Q99
Hm, this is a tough one, it's hard to think of many people we've seen use the force much before formal training.

ares834
Nomi Sunrider probably.

Q99
Oh yea, Sunrider. She was crazy-strong.

Arhael
Vitiate and Zannah. Because both of them are created by Drew, who apparently have the opinion that 6 year old kids can dominate Sith Lords and kill Jedi, while they have no training whatsoever.

Darth Truculent
Umm can anyone say FoTJ Luke?

KingD19
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Yes, because he's been Grandmaster of the Jedi Order for several decades and didn't get any training from Yoda or Obi-Wan or any other Force Users.

It's most powerful untrained Force Users.

I say Vitiate.

Arhael
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
No. He became powerful after training. Although, it was self training but training nevertheless. Even in 8 ABY he wasn't in his prime as he got lethally Force blasted by Nightsister queen.

Q99
Originally posted by Arhael
No. He became powerful after training. Although, it was self training but training nevertheless. Even in 8 ABY he wasn't in his prime as he got lethally Force blasted by Nightsister queen.

A little from Obi-Wan, more from Yoda, some from Sidious, and a fair amount from Jedi Holocrons.

Pwned
Technically, Luke IS the most powerful untrained, or at least on-par with Anakin. Training doesn't make you more powerful, it lets you harness the power you already have,

Q99
Originally posted by Pwned
Technically, Luke IS the most powerful untrained, or at least on-par with Anakin. Training doesn't make you more powerful, it lets you harness the power you already have,

They couldn't bring out that power untrained, though, while a few others have.

Arhael
Training doesn't make you more powerful, it lets you harness the power you already have,
Actually regular Jedi training doesn't make Force users as powerful as they can be. Force users reach their full potential only, if they constantly strain their capabilities and Force exhaust themselves. Like Marek for example. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't seem to use the Force extensively at any point. The only exception was Mortis trilogy for Anakin. After all those years as Jedi Anakin didn't seem to be any close to Marek's power, while his potential is obviously higher.

I've done some revision and Luke after 8-9 years of Jedi experience was not even nearly as powerful as he was in DE, which was only two years later. It seems that reached his full potential mostly because circumstances were driving him to use Force until he gets exhausted on many occasions.

Ascendancy
This guy:
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/tonkatester/jedi.jpg

Q99
Actually regular Jedi training doesn't make Force users as powerful as they can be. Force users reach their full potential only, if they constantly strain their capabilities and Force exhaust themselves. Like Marek for example. Both Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't seem to use the Force extensively at any point. The only exception was Mortis trilogy for Anakin. After all those years as Jedi Anakin didn't seem to be any close to Marek's power, while his potential is obviously higher.

I've done some revision and Luke after 8-9 years of Jedi experience was not even nearly as powerful as he was in DE, which was only two years later. It seems that reached his full potential mostly because circumstances were driving him to use Force until he gets exhausted on many occasions.

Yea. It seems that forcing someone into repeated life-and-death situations is the best way to increase fast. Luke, Cade, Marek, etc..

Training helps slower, as do fights where one isn't pushed as hard, but have much lower chance of death or limb loss.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Ascendancy
This guy:
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/tonkatester/jedi.jpg

Yes. This guy.

Pwned
I agree. That guy officially wins.

Gambler
I agree. That guy officially wins.

Embodiment of Kyle Katarn on Earth.

DarthTheDominat
Without training do we include self-training, i.e. only consider people who were never trained and made no active attempt to train themselves?

Also,What did Nomi do without training?

Zannah has to be #1 I think given that she killed Jedi with her force powers alone and protected herself and the Laas from the planetwide force storm in the JvS comics.

DarthTheDominat

It is up for discussion who has greater connection to the force between the house of the chosen one and the house of the ones. Obviously Anakin is #1 naturally but the Ones will likely be better than Luke etc because Anakin bred with a non force sensitive whereas the ones used inbreeding to remain strong, hence the mother and father being brother and sister and their children and abeloth also being incredibly strong.

Plus people who use technology to increase their force strength, e.g. naga sadow and marka ragnos and people who do not have traditional connection to the force e.g. nihilus and atris are possible more powerful than chosen one.

Arhael
Obviously Anakin is #1 naturally but the Ones will likely be better than Luke etc because Anakin bred with a non force sensitive whereas the ones used inbreeding to remain strong, hence the mother and father being brother and sister and their children and abeloth also being incredibly strong.

Where did you even get such absurd info? laughing

DarthTheDominat
Well they were stuck on Mortis so how else would they have been able to breed? Only people on Mortis were the living members of the Ones and the Force Ghosts of those who became Ones in death like Revan and Bane.

Pwned
I think you should just go now. No, I insist. You should go, this isn't the place for you. Fanfiction.net or a similiar site is the place you are looking for Darth.

Nephthys
Don't be rude Pwned. >:C

Lord Lucien
To be fair, he does sound like a bad fanfic write---OMG Drew has found us!

Nephthys
Flee from his chubby wrath!

Arhael
Originally posted by DarthTheDominat
Well they were stuck on Mortis so how else would they have been able to breed? Only people on Mortis were the living members of the Ones and the Force Ghosts of those who became Ones in death like Revan and Bane.
So who exactly the Father was breeding with?

Pwned
Well, if I am correct, I am usually nice. So I wanted to be a jerk for once. STFU Neph! >sad

Well why do you think he is described as handsome?

Dam dum tss!

DarthTheDominat
So who exactly the Father was breeding with?

The Mother (who was his sister).

Pwned
The Mother (who was his sister). We don't speak of things like this. We just don't. Society frowns upon that.

Abeloth is the Mother, isn't she? (IIRC, the Mother was a random person who helped take care of the Son and Daughter, who drank from the Well of Knowledge or w/e it is. Then she became Abeloth and was left on a planet with no way off, and the Ones made the Maw (or the Killiks did FOR the Ones.)) They really f*cked up the continuity.

Lord Lucien
We don't speak of things like this. We just don't. Society frowns upon that.

Abeloth is the Mother, isn't she? (IIRC, the Mother was a random person who helped take care of the Son and Daughter, who drank from the Well of Knowledge or w/e it is. Then she became Abeloth and was left on a planet with no way off, and the Ones made the Maw (or the Killiks did FOR the Ones.)) They really f*cked up the continuity. They really f*cked up Star Wars.

Nephthys
Well of Knowledge is literally something out of DnD, lol.

Arhael
The Mother (who was his sister).
Does she have other name? Or at least picture?

Nephthys
Her name is Abeloth.

Ascendancy
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/tonkatester/pope.jpg

Col. Valerian
That picture just proves the theory that the Pope is actually real-life Palpatine. I knew it.

Arhael
Originally posted by Nephthys
Her name is Abeloth.
Wrong! It is Shmi Skywalker! Did you even watch CW? mad

Nephthys
No not really.

Arhael
By the way, I think admins spot Ray Park by Father Mother quotes alone. big grin

Nephthys
He keeps coming back and failing to disguise himself. He must have picked it up from Gideon. erm

Arhael
Originally posted by Nephthys
He keeps coming back and failing to disguise himself. He must have picked it up from Gideon. erm
And Gideon every time gives himself out by saying what a good debator Gideon was. big grin

Nephthys
His ego is so incredibly swelled that he just can't help himself. You'd think he would learn after a while. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Col. Valerian
They didn't spot him, I reported him. awesome

Q99
Also,What did Nomi do without training?

She was apparently master-level from when she picked up a lightsaber.

Got training soon, but at the least, she and Luke are the two fastest-learning force users I know.

Nephthys
Well and the Exile, who's able to learn a Form simply by watching someone use it.

Lord Lucien
She's the Neo of Star Wars.

Tzeentch._
Nomi Sunrider's fantastic pre-training lightsaber feat was killing some no name thugs with it.

Her character was written in the 90's, before it was established in Star Wars that you generally need like 10 years of concentrated training to learn how to harness the force well.

Q99
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Nomi Sunrider's fantastic pre-training lightsaber feat was killing some no name thugs with it.

Her character was written in the 90's, before it was established in Star Wars that you generally need like 10 years of concentrated training to learn how to harness the force well.

While true, the norm at the time still gave most of the characters years of training, even notably quick learners like Ulic Qel-Doma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.