PSA: Check your tires before driving to avoid blowouts...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
One of my fiancee's friends/coworkers and her 3 year old son were killed yesterday afternoon.

Their truck blew a tire on the interstate and her husband lost control, drifted into oncoming lanes and rolled over. She got ejected even though she was wearing her seat belt. Medical personnel performed CPR on her son, but it was no use. Her husband and other 2 sons were sent to UMC hospital in Vegas with cuts and bruises and they feared at least one broken neck.

She was an integral part of our community. She was a volunteer EMT in her spare time and was first responder to a close friend of mine when his 6 week old daughter died of SIDS and she's also had to perform on my grandmother when she was injured.

A blowout can happen to anyone, even if you have new tires. Keep an eye on the tread, the air pressure and check for any deformations/bubbles. Drive safe and always let your loved ones know how much you care.

-----------------------

Here's one of the news articles on it.

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/163083206.html

Scythe
Whoa, that's so sad, man. Sorry to hear. My dad tells us the same thing before we go anywhere. It's something you don't really think about.

Insomniatric
That's crazy. I'm sorry to hear that, man, and I mean that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.