The Avengers vs. The Cullens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Avengers team:

Cap. America
Ironman
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Loki

Cullens team:
Entire Cullen family minus Bella (I believe that makes 7 of them).

Scenario 1: Teams have no idea of their opponents powers
Scenario 2: Teams have full knowledge of their opponents' powers.

Mindset
Iron Man solos.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Man solos.

Don't forget that the Cullens have precognition and telepathy as part of their powerset.

KingD19
Yeah but in a fight that precog won't help when missiles and lasers capable of slicing clean through titanium and other military grade metals slice clean through them.

BlackZero30x
Thor...

Nephthys
IMO the Cullens are too fast and strong. Thor and Hulk can last a while but after they gang up and start pounding on them I don't see them lasting.

rudester
how did loki get in on this?

BruceSkywalker
Iron Man solos .. thior solos as well

very doubtful the Cullens survive a nuke unless that has been taken away

also yeah the cullens will know however i doubt they can survive the power of a God

KingD19
Originally posted by Nephthys
IMO the Cullens are too fast and strong. Thor and Hulk can last a while but after they gang up and start pounding on them I don't see them lasting.

They're not fast enough to outrun Tony's targeting computer or Thor's lightning bolts. And like I said, they have no answer for Tony, him being dozens/hundreds of feet in the air, or those lasers or repulsors.

Mindset
Originally posted by FrothByte
Don't forget that the Cullens have precognition and telepathy as part of their powerset. Neither of which will stop them from being cut to pieces by lasers.

Pwned
Hell, the Hulk is easily stronger than them. IF he catches one, they are screwed. Porblem is he isn't quite fast enough.

Or thunderclap.

Anyways, I agree with Iron Man soloing. You can't read the mind of a computer, and so you can guess what Tony will do, if he figures anything out, then he can always have Jarvis aim.

Hell, the only way this would be more of a stomp is if it had Ang Lee Hulk.

FrothByte
I really doubt IM's targeting system is fast enough to catch up to the cullens. Even though I think Avengers will win eventually, I don't think it's gonna be the stomp everyone thinks it will be.

XanatosForever
Why? Jarvis was accurate enough to track a speeding missile, along with Ch'tauri speeders. Can the Cullens move faster than either of those objects?

Mindset
I really doubt IM's targeting system is fast enough to catch up to the cullens. Even though I think Avengers will win eventually, I don't think it's gonna be the stomp everyone thinks it will be. They aren't faster than missiles, repulsor beams, or lasers in combat speed.

IM could probably beat them in hth.

Pwned
That is true, the suit took far mroe abuse than the Cullens have been shown to be able to dish out.

Estacado
Avengers go and drink a beer while Hulk one shots these lameass vampire wannabees...

the ninjak
Originally posted by Estacado
Avengers go and drink a beer while Hulk one shots these lameass vampire wannabees...

Wouldn't that Cullen who controls emotions ease Hulk into Bannerform?

Estacado
You mean the one who looks like Eric Cartmen?haermm
That's Vulturi member you dummy....

the ninjak
Originally posted by Estacado
You mean the one who looks like Eric Cartmen?haermm
That's Vulturi member you dummy....

No...Jasper Hale. He controls the emotions of his opponents. He can calm the Hulk.

Then tear Banner's head off........ya dummy.

Psychotron
Originally posted by the ninjak
No...Jasper Hale. He controls the emotions of his opponents. He can calm the Hulk.

Then tear Banner's head off........ya dummy.

Pfft. If he's that good couldn't he have used his powers to calm down all of his opponents? Plus, there's still Iron Man and Thor.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Pfft. If he's that good couldn't he have used his powers to calm down all of his opponents? Plus, there's still Iron Man and Thor.

How does calming down vampires and werewolves stop them from wanting to kill you?

But Calming a Hulk means Bannertime.....maybe.

But I agree this is a huge stomp for the Avengers. Loki has psychic powers too.

Psychotron
How does calming down vampires and werewolves stop them from wanting to kill you?

But Calming a Hulk means Bannertime.....maybe.

But I agree this is a huge stomp for the Avengers. Loki has psychic powers too.

Well, if they're calm they wouldn't be fighting as hard. Or maybe he could induce fear or panic. But he never does anything like that. What I'm trying to say is his powers are crap.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Psychotron
Well, if they're calm they wouldn't be fighting as hard. Or maybe he could induce fear or panic. But he never does anything like that. What I'm trying to say is his powers are crap.

Hey I didn't write the damn books. And all I've ever read on Jasper is that he can make people extremely relaxed or angrier.

If fear came into the equation then I agree. It would've been extremely helpful. I guess fear requires thoughts of terrifying visions. Whereas calmness and anger are emotions more easily manipulated. I dunno.

But calmness and anger are the powers and he uses them strongly. And calming a Hulk is his Kryptonite.

In the Anne Rice Universe Lestat could read thoughts, Louie retained his humanity.
You could say Louie's power sucked but in the long run it is gold personally.
Sometimes the small things in life are often the best!

BruceSkywalker
Hey I didn't write the damn books. And all I've ever read on Jasper is that he can make people extremely relaxed or angrier.

Maybe I have re watch the twilight movies but I don't recall Jasper constantly calming down people

the ninjak
Probably because he always had humans around him and he wanted to eat them.

BruceSkywalker
Probably because he always had humans around him and he wanted to eat them.

lol

XanatosForever
Jasper would not be able to calm the Hulk. Remember his secret, he is always angry. 313

the ninjak
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Jasper would not be able to calm the Hulk. Remember his secret, he is always angry. 313

Maybe.

lilshogun
He may calm humans down but against a meta human or super powered humans that remains to be seen. Has Jasper ever calmed down the Wolf pack in a fight?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lilshogun
He may calm humans down but against a meta human or super powered humans that remains to be seen. Has Jasper ever calmed down the Wolf pack in a fight?

as far as i know, jasper never ever calmed down the wolves, that was always bella, but i might be wrong

whatdoucare
Avengers win 100 %

mastagambit
Thor solos.

Mr. Tibbs
Avengers team:

Cap. America
Ironman
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Loki

Cullens team:

Cap gets drained.

Iron Man isn't fast enough to track the Cullens. Sooner or later one of them gets ahold of him and rips his suit apart.

Hulk gets calmed by Jasper.

Thor, same as IM.

Black Widow gets her butthole rapedby Emmett.

Hawkeye? Lol.

Loki, lol, shut up.

Alice can see the future, dudes.

Silent Master
Since when are the Cullens strong enough to rip armor apart?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Cap gets drained.

Iron Man isn't fast enough to track the Cullens. Sooner or later one of them gets ahold of him and rips his suit apart.

Hulk gets calmed by Jasper.

Thor, same as IM.

Black Widow gets her butthole rapedby Emmett.

Hawkeye? Lol.

Loki, lol, shut up.

Alice can see the future, dudes.

disagree..

there is no evidence that Jasper can calm down the Hulk..

Psychotron
Did Jasper ever use his powers in movies? I can't remember.

Anyway, IM and Thor just fly around and spam the whole battlefield with missles, lasers and lightning storms. Too easy.

Lord Lucien
Once, he did it to Bella in the second movie. I don't like remembering that.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Once, he did it to Bella in the second movie. I don't like remembering that.

hulk is far better beast though

KingD19
Calming someone who already has no emotions isn't that big a deal.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Calming someone who already has no emotions isn't that big a deal. laughing out loud

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
disagree..

there is no evidence that Jasper can calm down the Hulk..

On the same token, there is no evidence that Hulk is immune to the calming powers of Jasper's.

So what are we left with? Whatever the OP decides.

KingD19
If he can calm him down, it certainly won't be with as much efficiency as anyone not the Hulk. He's literally a walking rage machine. People get mad, but they don't get Hulk mad.

Mindset
Originally posted by dadudemon
On the same token, there is no evidence that Hulk is immune to the calming powers of Jasper's.

So what are we left with? Whatever the OP decides. We are left with a hemp of Jasper's remains.

Silent Master
I'm still wondering what feats the Cullens have to support the claim that they'll rip Iron-man's armor apart.

Mindset
I'm still wondering how they resist being ripped apart by him, or blown up, or diced up by lasers...

Lord Lucien
Or zapped by lightning. Or having their limbs ripped off.

Mindset
Or sexually assaulted.

Wait, what?

Lord Lucien
Black Widow's a frisky hoe.

FrothByte
as far as i know, jasper never ever calmed down the wolves, that was always bella, but i might be wrong

Apparently, the vamp's powers don't work on the wolves. Edward can't mind read them, Alice can't see futures of anyone mixed in with them, and Jasper can't emo-control them.

In terms of raw power, the Cullens are no match for Hulk or Thor, but I still think they have a chance due to their speed. The humans of the Avengers will pretty much die. IM should be safe as long as he just flies around and spams weaponry.

Thing is, it's gonna be very hard for any of the Avengers to hit the Cullens, unless IM does a nuke or something.

Psychotron

Mindset
Apparently, the vamp's powers don't work on the wolves. Edward can't mind read them, Alice can't see futures of anyone mixed in with them, and Jasper can't emo-control them.

In terms of raw power, the Cullens are no match for Hulk or Thor, but I still think they have a chance due to their speed. The humans of the Avengers will pretty much die. IM should be safe as long as he just flies around and spams weaponry.

Thing is, it's gonna be very hard for any of the Avengers to hit the Cullens, unless IM does a nuke or something. It won't be hard for IM to hit the Cullen's.

BruceSkywalker

So what are we left with? Whatever the OP decides.

we are left me being right big grin laughing out loud

just can't see jasper calming down Hulk

Originally posted by Silent Master
I'm still wondering what feats the Cullens have to support the claim that they'll rip Iron-man's armor apart.

someone will claim some dumb shiite soon im sure

Thing is, it's gonna be very hard for any of the Avengers to hit the Cullens, unless IM does a nuke or something.

not really Iron Man should easily be able to.. Mjolnir will hit them quite easily with the greatest of ease

KingD19
Iron Man repulsors and lasers.

BruceSkywalker

thumb up

lilshogun
If the Wolves can bite and crack a Twi Vamp, Thor, Hulk, and iron man can solo this fight.

Originally posted by Nephthys

Mindset
Iron Man repulsors and lasers. And his fists, bullets, missiles, hell even his rocket boosters.

lilshogun
Jasper has to really focus to calm someone down. He could not calm the Twi wolves down. So his powers are crappy.

Mindset
Besides, I don't think he can use his powers without a head.

Flyattractor
Jasper has to really focus to calm someone down. He could not calm the Twi wolves down. So his powers are crappy.
Yeah. I can see it being like The Hulk notices he is calming down and that just makes him ANGRY that someone is messing with him and then its LAME VAMP SMACH TIME!!!!!!

Mr. Tibbs
Jasper has to really focus to calm someone down. He could not calm the Twi wolves down. So his powers are crappy. So he really focuses and calms the Hulk. As dadudemon said, there is no evidence that Hulk can resist Jasper's powers.

Utrigita
So he really focuses and calms the Hulk. As dadudemon said, there is no evidence that Hulk can resist Jasper's powers.

Might be hard when he is standing in the middle of a warzone, with repulsor beams and lightning raining down from the sky, and Hawkeyes explosive arrows going off left and right.

Silent Master
So he really focuses and calms the Hulk. As dadudemon said, there is no evidence that Hulk can resist Jasper's powers.

Where is the proof that the Cullens are strong enough to rip Iron-man's suit apart?

Mindset
So he really focuses and calms the Hulk. As dadudemon said, there is no evidence that Hulk can resist Jasper's powers. Jasper's powers gradually lower anger; Hulk's power allows him to steadily, or at some times, exponentially increase his anger.

At best, imo, Jasper would only be able to stop Hulk's anger level to rise, but he would not be able to revert him to human form.

Robtard
Nope. Hulk's rage rises faster than Jasper's calming powers calm. At best he can slightly lower the level Hulk gets angrier and angrier.

NemeBro
Even if Hulk is reverted, it is such a trivial manner for Thor to sweep this team that it doesn't matter.

tkitna
Add the Wolf tribe in too. I'd love to see IM, Thor, or Hulk solo that many more lame Twilight characters.

Mindset
Originally posted by tkitna
Add the Wolf tribe in too. I'd love to see IM, Thor, or Hulk solo that many more lame Twilight characters. You hate Native Americans, you racist!

dadudemon

Yes, this. Ironman can solo if he gets enough of those laser cutty thingies.

Didn't he get an upgrade of those cutting laser things for the Avengers film?

Originally posted by Robtard
Nope. Hulk's rage rises faster than Jasper's calming powers calm. At best he can slightly lower the level Hulk gets angrier and angrier.

lol!

So where are these rates established, bro? Do you even lift?

Check this out: in the books, Jasper calms dozens of vampires at once.

You poopyheads wouldn't dare debate this in the AvF because you know you all would lose.

Mindset
What's AvF?

Does that mean you use book vamps and I use comic avengers?

If so, I'll gladly do it. smile

the ninjak
Avengers team:

Cap. America
Ironman
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Loki

Cullens team:

Avengers Stomp!

Strike 1: A Zippo lighter ignited a twivamp! Thor and Ironman burn the ground around them.

Strike 2: Hulk, Thor and Stark ain't being critically harmed by the Cullens. Their durability is too much. And if any twivamp grabs ahold of them they can fly and gain aid to get them off. Hulk is stronger. Thor can summon lightning blast onto himself, Ironman can activate red lasers. ect.

Strike 3: Hulk thunderclapped in Hulk 2. Thor Jotunheim blasted the soil around him. which would launch the Cullens into the air. Any speed advantage on the Cullens would be nullified due to each member being launched into the air. Canceling their ability to run fast. They would be picked off like fish in a barrel. Hulk would help via jumping into airborne Cullens and crushing them.

Strike 3 they're OUT!

Robtard

lol!

So where are these rates established, bro? Do you even lift?

Check this out: in the books, Jasper calms dozens of vampires at once.

You poopyheads wouldn't dare debate this in the AvF because you know you all would lose.

Lol, indeed,

Did you miss how fast Banner went from human to giant rage monster in The Avengers? Cos it was near instant; Jasper's never calmed anyone down as fast.

Once again you bring in the books cos Twilight can't win a movie Vs match. But if you want written material allowed, Hulk destroys all of them with a clap.

If you want it, go make the thread.

Mr. Tibbs
What was Thor's greatest durability feat?

And the Hulk thing, well, I can see why Jasper might not be able to calm him. At least not as effectively as he does humans.

Silent Master
Taking punches from the Hulk and slamming into the ground at terminal velocity without serious injury, denting Iron-man's armor with a headbutt and taking an amped repulsor blast(475%) to the face without damage

Now, what are the strength feats for the Cullens that justify the claim that they can rip Iron-man's suit apart?

Mr. Tibbs
Taking punches from the Hulk and slamming into the ground at terminal velocity without serious injury, denting Iron-man's armor with a headbutt and taking an amped repulsor blast(475%) to the face without damage

Now, what are the strength feats for the Cullens that justify the claim that they can rip Iron-man's suit apart?

Ok, and if a twivamp latches on to Thor from behind and rips his throat out? That should do the trick.

Ripping apart other vampires as durable as granite/diamonds. With incredible ease.

Silent Master
Did you miss the part where Thor is more durable than Iron-man's armor and that sed armor can take tank shells without any damage, exactly what feats do the Cullens have to indicate they could hurt Iron-man, let alone Thor?

Mr. Tibbs
You telling me that if a twivamp tried to sink it's razor sharp fangs into Thor's skin, they would not be able to penetrate it?

Feats? Well, what I just said, and the fact that a twivamp is strong/fast enough to grab IM from behind and twist his helmet so hard his neck breaks.

Silent Master
Do you have any feats of them bitting or cutting someone on Thor's durability level?

Or of them being able to break the metal Iron-man's suit is made of.

Nibedicus
Iron Man got sucked into the hellicarrier propellers for several seconds and all it did was scratch the paint. Whatever metal it is, it's pretty damned durable.

NemeBro
Ok, and if a twivamp latches on to Thor from behind and rips his throat out? That should do the trick.

Ripping apart other vampires as durable as granite/diamonds. With incredible ease. Thor is much more durable than a human-sized slab of granite would be.

Hulk would flatten any Twivamp with a punch, going by the Leviathan punching feat.

Thor could similarly take their heads off with Mjolnir blows.

Mr. Tibbs
Do you have any feats of them bitting or cutting someone on Thor's durability level?

Or of them being able to break the metal Iron-man's suit is made of. Dodge. Please answer my questions.

KingD19
no expression You're dodging though.

Nibedicus

Wait, how does one latch out from BEHIND and manage to rip one's throat out? Wouldn't one have to latch on from the side/front? Do twivamps have neck stretchy powers or something?

Silent Master
Dodge. Please answer my questions.

They'd fail, As they have zero feats for doing so against someone with Thor's level of durability.

dadudemon
What's AvF?

Does that mean you use book vamps and I use comic avengers?

If so, I'll gladly do it. smile

Nope, it's where I use book and movie vamps and movie avengers. smile

Mindset
Nope, it's where I use book and movie vamps and movie avengers. smile So you use book and movie and I use comic and movie.

I'll do it!

Mr. Tibbs
They'd fail, As they have zero feats for doing so against someone with Thor's level of durability. Sure, why not. Your refusal to answer my direct questions reeks of concession.

Answer: Twilight vamp fangs will pierce Thor's neck just fine.

Silent Master
Sure, why not. Your refusal to answer my direct questions reeks of concession.

Answer: Twilight vamp fangs will pierce Thor's neck just fine.

No they won't, As they have zero feats of piercing the skin of anyone with Thor's level of durability.

NemeBro
Sure, why not. Your refusal to answer my direct questions reeks of concession.

Answer: Twilight vamp fangs will pierce Thor's neck just fine. Thor took a punch from Hulk.

They won't.

Nibedicus
Dude, how durable are twivamps in the movies (bear in mind, movie versions, not book versions here)? What are their top durability "feats" in the movie?

Mr. Tibbs
No they won't, As they have zero feats of piercing the skin of anyone with Thor's level of durability.

OK, someone walks up to Thor and thrusts a razor sharp blade at his neck. What happens? The blade breaks? The skin resists?

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Dude, how durable are twivamps in the movies (bear in mind, movie versions, not book versions here)? What are their top durability "feats" in the movie? They are said to be as durable as granite, and diamond hard.

Nibedicus
They are said to be as durable as granite, and diamond hard.

What part of the movie was that shown/indicated?

Silent Master
OK, someone walks up to Thor and thrusts a razor sharp blade at his neck. What happens? The blade breaks? The skin resists?

We have already gone over this, the Cullens don't have any feats for cutting or piercing the skin of anyone with Thor's level of durability.

Nibedicus
TBH, I saw the movies, didn't really see superspeed on par with vampires from True Blood (that fought AND moved in blurs). None that would indicate that Thor/Hulk would be unable to react to them.

They run pretty fast, tho. Twilight Wiki states in excess of a hundred miles an hour. That would put them quite a bit above Capt America speed, but that's it.

NemeBro
They are said to be as durable as granite, and diamond hard. Thor can shatter both with his hammer.

Psychotron
What happens when Thor and Iron Man take off and bombard the shit out of them with lasers, bombs and lightning storms?

Mr. Tibbs
We have already gone over this, the Cullens don't have any feats for cutting or piercing the skin of anyone with Thor's level of durability. If Loki can pierce Thor's skin with a blade, a twivamp can pierce Thor's skin with their teeth.

/discussion.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor can shatter both with his hammer. They are WAY too fast for Thor. He'll never touch them.

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor took a punch from Hulk.

They won't.

Thor took more than one punch from Hulk.

Dude, how durable are twivamps in the movies (bear in mind, movie versions, not book versions here)? What are their top durability "feats" in the movie?

They are referred to on multiple occasions as being bullet-proof.

Nibedicus
Thor took more than one punch from Hulk.

They are referred to on multiple occasions as being bullet-proof.

Well, certainly remember it being mentioned in the movie (don't know when, tho), but that's not really saying much as "bullet-proof" may or may not be the upper limits of their durability.

A good gauge would be if they were hurt by anything other than vampire teeth. Like real world objects. The most I can remember is Edward cracking Riley's head open when he rammed it into a rock on the ground.

Mindset
OK, someone walks up to Thor and thrusts a razor sharp blade at his neck. What happens? The blade breaks? The skin resists? The blade bends, breaks, w/e, it doesn't pierce him.

Bouboumaster
Thor and Iron Man stomp the vampires.

Thor throw a couple of lightning bolt and tornadoes, and Iron Man carped bomb the rest. And if it goes on h2h, well, shit, 'cause Hulk is waiting in the corner, just to grab one whiny ******* and stomp him senseless.

Whatever, Avengers win

dadudemon
No one from the avengers has the fighting speed to take the vamps H2H.

However, Stark has them in a straight line and with weapons lockon capabilities.

Hulk is too slow to be able to keep up with speedsters (in the films, you paper tigers). Thor can't really keep up either. Blackwidow and Hawkeye are not even contenders. Captain America is not far above that.

The only characters that will be hard to put down are Thor and Hulk due to their durability. Since neither of them will be fast enough to keep up with the Vamps, it is a war of attrition as the vamps will have to bite them and tear their flesh off to win.

Tony Stark may get one or two vampires but Alice will make his weapons useless.

Nibedicus
Again, I saw the Twilight movie fights, I don't really see any blur-level speed fighting here. They're fast, like Blonksy-pre-Abomination fast. Maybe faster. But movie-wise, nothing was shown them to be untouchable.

Tactics-wise, Thor has flight, AoE tornades, hammer shockwave blasts (Jotunheim and Avengers forest-clearing blast), spread-type lightning blasts (used to block the portal temporarily during Avengers).

Hulk shrugged off aircraft-grade depleted Uranium rounds. I SERIOUSLY doubt vampires can generate penetration power with their fangs comparable to this.

To tear someone's throats, you need to tackle/grapple the person from the front or side and that would put them in range of Thor's/Hulk's fist w/c I have no doubt would crush them to powder.

Cap/Widow/Hawkeye would die. But Thor/Hulk/IM rapes.

Mindset
No one from the avengers has the fighting speed to take the vamps H2H.

However, Stark has them in a straight line and with weapons lockon capabilities.

Hulk is too slow to be able to keep up with speedsters (in the films, you paper tigers). Thor can't really keep up either. Blackwidow and Hawkeye are not even contenders. Captain America is not far above that.

The only characters that will be hard to put down are Thor and Hulk due to their durability. Since neither of them will be fast enough to keep up with the Vamps, it is a war of attrition as the vamps will have to bite them and tear their flesh off to win.

Tony Stark may get one or two vampires but Alice will make his weapons useless. Nope, IM solos.

Mr. Tibbs
The blade bends, breaks, w/e, it doesn't pierce him.

Mhm, sure. Yet Loki was able to stab him and pierce his armor AND skin.

Have a nice day.

Silent Master
If Loki can pierce Thor's skin with a blade, a twivamp can pierce Thor's skin with their teeth.

/discussion.

Loki's blades are mystical, or did you miss them flashing with energy when he used them against the Frost Giants?

Mr. Tibbs
Again, I saw the Twilight movie fights, I don't really see any blur-level speed fighting here. They're fast, like Blonksy-pre-Abomination fast. Maybe faster. But movie-wise, nothing was shown them to be untouchable. Totally inaccurate. Their speed is WAY too much for the Avengers to keep up with.

Cool story. Although Thor gets his throat ripped out by fangs that can indeed pierce his skin.

Jasper.

Nope. The twilight vampires are fast enough to speed blitz Thor, rip out his throat, and be on their way before Thor knows what hit him.

All die. Hulk, he gets calmed.

Nibedicus

Have a nice day.

This is kinda like me saying:

"And yet Edward's teeth managed to decapitate Victoria. Thus Vampire durability < Teeth."

Silent Master

"And yet Edward's teeth managed to decapitate Victoria. Thus Vampire durability < Teeth."

Especially since Loki's daggers aren't normal, like I said earlier, they were glowing in the fight with the Frost Giants.

Nibedicus
Totally inaccurate. Their speed is WAY too much for the Avengers to keep up with.

When was this? Pls cite examples in the movie.

Throughout ALL their fights in the movie, they were moving fast but not too fast to follow.

Cool story. Although Thor gets his throat ripped out by fangs that can indeed pierce his skin.

What is their best piercing "feat"?

Jasper.

It's arguable he'd calm Hulk faster than Hulk gets mad.

Nope. The twilight vampires are fast enough to speed blitz Thor, rip out his throat, and be on their way before Thor knows what hit him.

Not according to what they showed in the movies.

All die. Hulk, he gets calmed.

Mr. Tibbs

"And yet Edward's teeth managed to decapitate Victoria. Thus Vampire durability < Teeth." Did Loki stab Thor or didn't he? Yes, he did.

The force behind a twilight vampire bite is far beyond the strength Loki put behind the stab.

Pretty simple.

Silent Master
Did Loki stab Thor or didn't he? Yes, he did.

The force behind a twilight vampire bite is far beyond the strength Loki put behind the stab.

Pretty simple.

With a mystical dagger, try again.

Nibedicus
Did Loki stab Thor or didn't he? Yes, he did.

Pretty simple.

Asgardian weapons pierce Asgardians. The same way vampire teeth can pierce vampires.

Vampire teeth piercing Asgardians? Arguable. We need "feets" in order to determine that.

Mr. Tibbs
With a mystical dagger, try again. Mystical? Look, ff to 1:22

ZB5_x0KIkyY

It is nothing more than a hand held dagger. Prove that it is "mystical", and that it's "mystical powers" enabled Loki to stab Thor.

Mr. Tibbs
Asgardian weapons pierce Asgardians. The same way vampire teeth can pierce vampires.

Vampire teeth piercing Asgardians? Arguable. We need "feets" in order to determine that. Oh, I see, so the only weapon/s in all the realms that can penetrate Asgardian skin is Asgardian weaponry? Prove it.

Already did. Edward chewed Victoria's head clean off. Are you saying that Thor's skin is more durable than granite? Prove it.

Silent Master
Per the Thor movie, the daggers are magical.

Mr. Tibbs
Per the Thor movie, the daggers are magical.

When was his stated? What scene? I got the dvd right here.

Also, you still have to prove that only Asgardian weaponry can pierce Asgardian skin. Tread carefully on this one.

Silent Master
It was shown, or did you miss the daggers glowing during the fight with the Frost Giants?

Mr. Tibbs
It was shown, or did you miss the daggers glowing during the fight with the Frost Giants? I caught that, but the dagger Loki stabbed Thor with was just a plain old dagger. You gotta prove that it was "mystical" and that said "mystical qualities" enabled it to pierce Thor's skin.

I'll say this: If this link were allowed:

http://thor.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_%28Thor_Odinson%29

Then yeah, Thor solos.

Nibedicus
Oh, I see, so the only weapon/s in all the realms that can penetrate Asgardian skin is Asgardian weaponry? Prove it.

Never said that, sport.

What I said is that Asgardian weapons SHOULD pierce Asgardian skin the same way that vampire teeth SHOULD pierce vampire skin.

Already did. Edward chewed Victoria's head clean off. Are you saying that Thor's skin is more durable than granite? Prove it.

Iron Man used his fists to punch thru reinforced concrete during Iron Man 1. Same material Thor was slowly crushing with his bare hands as well as dented with a headbutt (without breaking his skin).

There you go.

Your turn to prove things:

-Prove that their speed will be too much for Thor/Hulk.
-Pls provide evidence on what their teeth has been shown to piece.
-Prove that Jasper's power can calm the Hulk. When has he calmed someone strong enough to make them not want to defend themselves in a fight.

Silent Master
Even if we grant you that the daggers might be different, you'd still have to prove that the Cullen's teeth/nails are as shrap and durable as the dagger Loki used against Thor.

So, start posting feats of them ripping/cutting anything on Thor's level of durability.

Mr. Tibbs
Never said that, sport.

What I said is that Asgardian weapons SHOULD pierce Asgardian skin the same way that vampire teeth SHOULD pierce vampire skin.

OK, and? What matters is that Thor's skin was pierced by a weapon that will not pierce a twilight vampire's skin. Now, considering the fact that a dagger (which will do no harm to a twilight vampire) pierced Thor's skin, and the fact that vampire fangs can rip a twilight vampire to pieces, do the math. Vampire teeth>>>>the dagger that pierced Thor's skin.

IM did so with nowhere near enough speed to tag a Twilight vampire. Same for Thor. The vampires are WAY too fast.

Mr. Tibbs

Your turn to prove things:

-Prove that Jasper's power can calm the Hulk. When has he calmed someone strong enough to make them not want to defend themselves in a fight.

-It's right there in the movies, the vampires fight at speeds which none of the Avengers can match. It's not even comparable.

-Vampire skin that is tougher than Thor's skin.

-unless I am mistaken, Banner was in complete control at the end and his mind was still present when he was fighting.

Mr. Tibbs
Even if we grant you that the daggers might be different, you'd still have to prove that the Cullen's teeth/nails are as shrap and durable as the dagger Loki used against Thor.

So, start posting feats of them ripping/cutting anything on Thor's level of durability. Lol, I already have done this, but you are ignoring it. Counter what I said and stop asking the same questions over and over.

Nibedicus
OK, and? What matters is that Thor's skin was pierced by a weapon that will not pierce a twilight vampire's skin.

Prove that it won't pierce a twivamp's skin.

Now, considering the fact that a dagger (which will do no harm to a twilight vampire) pierced Thor's skin, and the fact that vampire fangs can rip a twilight vampire to pieces, do the math. Vampire teeth>>>>the dagger that pierced Thor's skin.

You went to a conclusion without first proving your theory. Try again pls.

IM did so with nowhere near enough speed to tag a Twilight vampire. Same for Thor. The vampires are WAY too fast.

You asked for proof that Thor's skin is harder than granite. Speed has nothing to do with this at all.

Besides, it's your turn to prove things:

Silent Master
Lol, I already have done this, but you are ignoring it. Counter what I said and stop asking the same questions over and over.

As of yet, You have provided no examples of the vamps ripping/cutting anything on Thor's level of durability.

If you want to claim that they can, start providing feats.

Nibedicus
For that matter, using only movie "feats", PROVE that twivamp skin is as hard as granite. smile

Nibedicus
-It's right there in the movies, the vampires fight at speeds which none of the Avengers can match. It's not even comparable.

They're definitely faster. Fast enough to avoid attacks and deal damage? Maybe. Fast enough that Thor would be standing still while they grapple him from the front/side and rip out his throat BEFORE he can:
a) Fly off?
b) Raise his hand to defend himself and push them off once they've latched on?
c) Move his head so as to protect his throat with his chin?

Don't think so.

Vampire skin that is tougher than Thor's skin.

Hell no. The best "feats" they have are ppl simply stating that their skin is "as hard as granite". We've seen Edward crack Riley's head open simply by smashing his head into a rock. Thor's head dented metal that can punch thru reinforced concrete like it was made of Styrofoam.

unless I am mistaken, Banner was in complete control at the end and his mind was still present when he was fighting.

And how does this help your argument? Banner developed his mind as to be able to maintain his anger consistently. You need to show Jasper affecting someone who is actively increasing/maintaining one's anger vs his ability to calm them.

NotAllThatEvil
Isn't hulk's blood poison? If the vampires bite him could they die?

Utrigita
edit: nvm

Mindset

Have a nice day. And if Loki were in this fight with his dagger trying to stab Thor, you'd have a point.

Robtard
Bunch of Twilight fanboys "vampires are too fast, Avengers will never touch them!!!11!! Duuurrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

The vast majority (read: all but one, Edward fight) of the Twilight fight scenes the vampires aren't blitzing around at super-speeds and throwing punches like the Flash.

zf52BQ7Lub4

Thor, Hulk or Iron Man could solo.

BruceSkywalker

Have a nice day.

loki's dagger was most likely magical in nature.. second the dagger didn't even hurt thor

FrothByte
Thor survived a repulsor blast to the face. Pretty good feat of toughness there. Loki also was pretty much bulletproof as shown at the start of The Avengers.

Vamps are strong, but no where near as strong as the Hulk (and possible Thor). I'd peg the vamp's strengths at around IM's level.

Avengers have more artillery as well... but the reason I think this will be a good fight is because of the Cullen's speed. Anyone who claims they aren't speed blitzing fast probably refuses to acknowledge the fact. You see them blur around all the time in the movies. I don't recall any human able to hit them, only other vamps and werewolves (and the werewolves were also mentioned to be fast). Sure, they may not be Flash-like fast, but they are still way faster than the fastest member of the Avengers, and the Avengers will have hell of a hard time catching them.

The Cullens also have a precog and a telepath. I'm still leaning on the side of the Avengers here, I just don't think it's going to be an easy win. At least half of the Avengers die anyway.

-Pr-
Bunch of Twilight fanboys "vampires are too fast, Avengers will never touch them!!!11!! Duuurrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"

The vast majority (read: all but one, Edward fight) of the Twilight fight scenes the vampires aren't blitzing around at super-speeds and throwing punches like the Flash.

zf52BQ7Lub4

Pretty much the only part of those movies I actually liked. Good fight scene. thumb up

Silent Master
Thor survived a repulsor blast to the face. Pretty good feat of toughness there. Loki also was pretty much bulletproof as shown at the start of The Avengers.

Vamps are strong, but no where near as strong as the Hulk (and possible Thor). I'd peg the vamp's strengths at around IM's level.

Avengers have more artillery as well... but the reason I think this will be a good fight is because of the Cullen's speed. Anyone who claims they aren't speed blitzing fast probably refuses to acknowledge the fact. You see them blur around all the time in the movies. I don't recall any human able to hit them, only other vamps and werewolves (and the werewolves were also mentioned to be fast). Sure, they may not be Flash-like fast, but they are still way faster than the fastest member of the Avengers, and the Avengers will have hell of a hard time catching them.

The Cullens also have a precog and a telepath. I'm still leaning on the side of the Avengers here, I just don't think it's going to be an easy win. At least half of the Avengers die anyway.

Iron-man kicked Thor so hard that when he hit a tree, it exploded...when have the Cullens shown anywhere near that level of strength?

Nibedicus
Iron-man kicked Thor so hard that when he hit a tree, it exploded...when have the Cullens shown anywhere near that level of strength?

And Thor didn't even look hurt by it. Just annoyed. How's that for durability?

Silent Master
And Thor didn't even look hurt by it. Just annoyed. How's that for durability?

Plus, when Thor hit Cap's shield it caused a shockwave that appeared to knock down multiple trees, Neither Thor or Iron-man looked to be hurt by it.

dadudemon

But if you said that, that would be accurate not only for the movies but for the books. The teeth are virtually indestructible in the twilight books...just not established too well in the movies.

Basically, Vamps ARE less durable than their teeth...just like humans are to their own teeth. Jeez! Don't you watch Walking Dead? lol

zf52BQ7Lub4

Bunch of gimpy bullshit from a different director that had a different vision of the vampires.

Here's a sick/starving Edward going up against one of if not the best H2H fighters in the Twilight saga:

lgIGSFHOiUM

All in slow-mo.

lol, pwned. Thread is done.

Robtard

Bunch of gimpy bullshit from a different director that had a different vision of the vampires.

The more > the lesser. Twilight loses, condolences.

Silent Master
So far, I haven't heard even feats that would allow the vamps to even hurt Iron-man, Hulk or Thor.

Galan007
^ You mean breaking concrete isn't enough!? Lol, Avengers stomp.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/13786119_hs.gif
(Replace Loki with any Vamp.)

Silent Master
Thor is more durable than Iron-man's armor and sed armor took getting hit by turbine blades that weighed several tons and were moving at full speed.

BruceSkywalker
So far, I haven't heard even feats that would allow the vamps to even hurt Iron-man, Hulk or Thor.

thats because there aren't any..

dadudemon
The more > the lesser. Twilight loses, condolences.

The higher end feats >>>> lower end feats. Gimp to win, right? big grin

thats because there aren't any..

Other than any of the avengers being unable to actually tough a single Vampire, yeah, there aren't many arguments.

How can the vampires harm any of the other characters? Their strength, alone, puts them around Thor's and hulk's level (as seen in the films). Their speed makes them untouchable. Then the twivamps have powers. Then add in that their teeth are strong enough to easily tear through a substance that is as hard as a diamond (their own vamp flesh...which is impervious to surgical steel which is a 9 on the hardness scale: diamonds are a 10).

Stark's Suits: made of diamonds? No, gold and titanium alloy. Able to withstand the vamps strength? Nope. Able to withstand their teeth? Nope.

What about Thor? He goes down to regular old blades. lololololol He gets torn to shreds in the blink of an eye.

Hulk is the biggest threat. But, they are far too fast to eve be tagged by Hulk and Hulk's flesh is also torn to shreads.

This thread is done and no amount of fanboyism will change the fact that the twivamps outclass the Avengers in almost every single way.

omgchos
The higher end feats >>>> lower end feats. Gimp to win, right? big grin

Other than any of the avengers being unable to actually tough a single Vampire, yeah, there aren't many arguments.

How can the vampires harm any of the other characters? Their strength, alone, puts them around Thor's and hulk's level (as seen in the films). Their speed makes them untouchable. Then the twivamps have powers. Then add in that their teeth are strong enough to easily tear through a substance that is as hard as a diamond (their own vamp flesh...which is impervious to surgical steel which is a 9 on the hardness scale: diamonds are a 10).

Stark's Suits: made of diamonds? No, gold and titanium alloy. Able to withstand the vamps strength? Nope. Able to withstand their teeth? Nope.

What about Thor? He goes down to regular old blades. lololololol He gets torn to shreds in the blink of an eye.

Hulk is the biggest threat. But, they are far too fast to eve be tagged by Hulk and Hulk's flesh is also torn to shreads.

This thread is done and no amount of fanboyism will change the fact that the twivamps outclass the Avengers in almost every single way.

This is one of the Twilight major Plotholes IMO why arent the vamps just ourtight masters of the world? Super speed, invulnerability, they can smell humans for miles, and they can light up a dance floor.

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos
This is one of the Twilight major Plotholes IMO why arent the vamps just ourtight masters of the world? Super speed, invulnerability, they can smell humans for miles, and they can light up a dance floor.

1 M.O.A.B. = no more vampires. That's why.

omgchos
1 M.O.A.B. = no more vampires. That's why.

They might get a nice flight out of the blast but would it even damage them?

omgchos
Plus they've been around alot longer than we've had that level of firepower.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>