Bane vs Jason Bourne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Bane

vs.

Jason Bourne

Fight takes place where Bane fought Batman

Who wins?

Darth Martin
Bourne dies a very painful death.

Bane is too ferocious, fast, durable, and strong. I don't know how Batman beat him at the end. It was just as PIS as Kenobi killing Maul.

Ridley_Prime
I assumed Bruce just got physically stronger after he got out where Bane had left him, which took him three tries no less. lol

Gecko4lif
Depends on where the fight takes place

In like a empty hallway bourne get worked like a piece of clay. In a crowded off space Bane gets a pencil through the ear canal

Pwned
Except Bane would be doing Bane stuff. A pencil to the ear wouldn't work out, he'd probably cause a panic to draw Bourne out.

Newjak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Bourne dies a very painful death.

Bane is too ferocious, fast, durable, and strong. I don't know how Batman beat him at the end. It was just as PIS as Kenobi killing Maul. Bane was winning the final fight until Batman managed to dislodge one of his breathing tubes which caused him to weaken

Mindset
Bane would break him.

The Silent Hero
Bourne is faster but Bane is stronger, heavier, and fast enough on his own that Bourne doesn't have a significant advantage. The mask makes most blows useless.

As much as I love Bourne, Bane wins.

BruceSkywalker
Bourne gets his back broken

/the end

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I assumed Bruce just got physically stronger after he got out where Bane had left him, which took him three tries no less. lol

Nah, Batman was getting his ass kicked. He realized this, switched tactics, and started blatantly going for the mask. It was a ***** move.

Bourne stands no chance here man. Him and Batman are rather much on the same level. Bane is clearly a better fighter than Batman.

Ridley_Prime
I don't remember the 2nd Bane and Batman fight as well as you do (need to watch it again). I remember the 1st one a lot more because of how much an impact it had (even though everyone knew Bats would lose round 1), but aside from that, no argument there.

the ninjak
As much as was unimpressed with Bane and Batman's fighting prowess they were breaking brick walls and pillars with their strikes.

Bourne still has speed and skill over them though.

But considering there is nothing for Bourne to use creatively as weapons in this arena Bane should overwhelm him.

DARTH POWER
Not sure if Bourne has the speed advantage either. Did you see the speed of his combo punches on Batman in the second fight?

Also I think Alfred specifically mentioned to Wayne to check out Bane's insane combat speed.

Robtard
LoL, you people. Bane fought like a brute, slow and lumbering. Batman from BB or the TDK would have wrecked him. TDKR Batman was worn-out, or didn't you assclowns pay attention?

Bourne having super-awareness of his surroundings/situation immediately deduces that the asthmatic is wearing that breather for a reason and proceeds to break it apart while using his superior speed and agility to not get hit.

Bourne 9.5 out of 10. Bane might get lucky and land a hit.

Mindset
Nope, Bane wins.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh not this un- hittable crap again?!

I doubt BB and TDK Batman would have wrecked Bane. He got back into pretty decent shape in the movie.

And again check the scene where Bane combo punches on Batman in their second fight. He was damn fast. Alfred even mentions his insane combat speed (and skill).

Robtard
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Oh not this un- hittable crap again?!

I doubt BB and TDK Batman would have wrecked Bane. He got back into pretty decent shape in the movie.

And again check the scene where Bane combo punches on Batman in their second fight. He was damn fast. Alfred even mentions his insane combat speed (and skill).

You didn't note the doctor scene, his general look of weariness and that he had been out of the game for many years? He was worn-out, no 2-3 months of doing pushups is going to heal that.

It wasn't anything special, all Bane has going for him is super-strength. Alfred was saying that in comparison to Batman's current condition.

BB and especially TDKR wrecks him.

ares834
Lol, Bane wrecks Bourne. It's not even close. He also beats BB and TDK Batman.

Robtard
Considering a broken and worn-out Batman with just a few month of prison calisthenics beat his ass? Nah.

I fear we're going to have another character worship epidemic the likes of The Joker circa 2008.

Mindset
Bane beats Bourne to death McClane's corpse.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Bane beats Bourne to death McClane's corpse.

I think you might have ****ed up that sentence, son.

Mindset
Doesn't matter, had sex.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Doesn't matter, had sex.

Masturbation doesn't could as sex, but kudos on beating-off.

Mindset
I don't live by your rules!

The Silent Hero
Bourne struggles against equally skilled spies, like Desh and the spy (whose hands were tied up ffs) in Supremacy. Bane is stronger, tougher, and pretty fast himself. And in that sewer spot Bourne wouldn't have anything to use as a weapon. He would lose.

Darth Martin
Are we being serious? Batman from the previous films would beat Bane? Seriously?

Bourne might fare a little better because he doesn't tend to try to employ brute strength like Batman in his moves. He tends to attack quick and fast strikes.

Bane is also quick and fast. Bourne will obviously be overwhelmed just as Bruce was.

I'm not buying the "he was out of shape and old" theory either. He had no problem owning the shit out of criminals and was clearly back to his good ole self in that police chase and rooftop fight with the assassins. Bane was just too much for him. He was tanking the majority of Bruce's shots the entire film. I think it's fair to say that Batman hits harder than Bourne does. It's his style.

Bane wasn't even trying to kill Batman in their initial fight. Imagine him going for a kill against Bourne. He's going to break Bourne in two.

playa1258
Bane would cave Bourne's face in.

Robtard
Are we being serious? Batman from the previous films would beat Bane? Seriously?

Considering a broken and worn-out Batman beat his ass in TDKR, BB and especially TDK Batman would beat him faster and harder.

Seriously, did you people not pay attention, Batman was damaged goods in this when he fought Bane, both times.

Darth Martin
Where did he appear rusty in any of the other fight scenes?

Robtard
Considering he fought idiots who mostly stood there or where surprised for the most part and the fact he's still Batman, I wouldn't say "rusty".

He was clearly not the same Batman, both seen and mentioned.

ares834
Batman at the beginning of the film isn't in his prime yeah, but by the end he apears to have surpassed his TDK incarnation. Sure, he only had a few months to get back in shape, but then there is a lot less realistic stuff in the movie.

Regardless, Nolan built up Bane as a physical monster in both interviews and the movie itself. Hence, Alfred talking about how strong and fast Bane is.

Robtard
Nah, he was faster and more efficient in the bar scene of TDK alone compared to his gimpy self here.

He wasn't fast though. The guy was basically just a brute who used superior physical strength to win fights.

ares834
Hard to judge without actually being able to see the clip right now, but I recall him being incredibly fast in the final fight.

Darth Martin
Bane>Batman

Not sure why this is being argued. The end fight scene between the two was PIS obviously. The good guy has to win.

Bane>Ra's Al Ghul>Batman

Trackz
Bane>Batman

Not sure why this is being argued. The end fight scene between the two was PIS obviously. The good guy has to win.

Bane>Ra's Al Ghul>Batman it wasn't PIS that Batman won...I mean Bane had a glaring weakness on his face. Batman never had trouble landing hits, it was just that his hits did nothing to Bane.

Darth Martin
Would Batman even be aware of his weakness in this scenario? Bane was clearly toying with Batman in their first fight.

Trackz
Would Batman even be aware of his weakness in this scenario? Bane was clearly toying with Batman in their first fight. i dunno about toying..he was significantly better at the time, but at some points batman was in control of the fight. his problem was always not being able to sufficiently damage Bane, who just ate all of his punches.

Mindset
He was obviously toying with Batman.

He wanted to show he was better and there was nothing Batman could do about it.

Break his body and his spirit.

Riot-Gear
Bane may be powerful striker, but he didn't seem to have Bourne's grappling skill or quickness. With that and Bourne's off the chart damage soak, for a non-meta character, in mind. I figure Bourne chokes Bane out with his own mask.

the ninjak
Why are people wanking Bane for? All the fights in and DKR were crap.

Like lumbering pro wrestlers or Godzilla fight scenes.

DKR was a dull film as well.

Mindset
Cry more.

the ninjak
Bourne wins

playa1258
Jason gets his face caved in.

Lestov16
uJ4dFcm4ML0

25VEmsjWmDo

Originally posted by Robtard
I think you might have ****ed up that sentence, son.

No, he was dead accurate.

Yeah. I'm not too sure about the the "Bourne" part. The rest of that sentence, however, was dead accurate

Mindset
Jason finds out what his own ******* looks like.

Lestov16
Thing is, I think Jason will be smart enough to go for the mask.

Mindset
So after Bane puts Jason in a coma he fixes his mask.

It's not like he's facing Jeremy Phucking Renner, that'd be a completely different story.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, you people. Bane fought like a brute, slow and lumbering. Batman from BB or the TDK would have wrecked him. TDKR Batman was worn-out, or didn't you assclowns pay attention?

Bourne having super-awareness of his surroundings/situation immediately deduces that the asthmatic is wearing that breather for a reason and proceeds to break it apart while using his superior speed and agility to not get hit.

Bourne 9.5 out of 10. Bane might get lucky and land a hit. /thread

Zack Fair
I think Bane will simply overwhelm Bourne in straight H2H without anything to use as a weapon. If he does get anything he kills the shit out of Bane..

Newjak
After watching the fight a second time it took Batman's arm blades to damage the mask. The same that were able to break Ras's sword apart, so the Mask obviously isn't easy to damage.

Zack Fair
Pretty much. In the first fight Batman hit Bane like 10 times in the mask/face without using the blades and there was no damage. I also think if the mask was that easy to break Bane would not have given Bats all the free shots.

h1a8
Both Bane and Batman fought like idiots. That's one of the reasons why I didn't like the recent Batman movies. The fight choreographer sucked. Yo Wo Ping would have been excellent for Christian Bale (remember Equilibrium?)

With that said, Bane and Batman swung wildly at each other. WTF? No pressure point strikes, hardly no kicks, no smooth techniques whatsoever.

Jason would own Bane with some severe blows to the throat.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by h1a8
Both Bane and Batman fought like idiots. That's one of the reasons why I didn't like the recent Batman movies. The fight choreographer sucked. Yo Wo Ping would have been excellent for Christian Bale (remember Equilibrium?)

With that said, Bane and Batman swung wildly at each other. WTF? No pressure point strikes, hardly no kicks, no smooth techniques whatsoever.

Jason would own Bane with some severe blows to the throat. LoL. How often do you see nerve strikes in movies. i agree that fights sucked in the Nolan saga. TBH it is hard to come up with smooth techniques when you are clad in rubber suits. Kicking aint all that...and if anyone kicked in the bat trilogy it was Bane. Hmm Bourne is skilled all right. He is a hell of a lot more skilled than both Bats and Bane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.