Marvel Vampires, Horror etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
In recent years there has been an attempt to keep Marvel's cosmic side going with some success - Nova, GoG, Annihilation, WoK, TI, FF etc. What about Marvel's horror stuff? Other than Marvel Zombies, which eventually veered more towards superhero/fantasy in some ways, there isn't a lot of Marvel horror.

Do you think this is something they should try to revive and put more to the forefront? General horror stuff or are there particular horror type characters would you like to see back?

Do you think completely changing Dracula was a good idea or has he totally lost the scary aspects of his character?

Should the vampires have been updated into this (IMO kind of cliched) clan/warriors/high-tech armies deal, or were they more effective as basically random, shadowy, creatures of the night?

Kazenji
The last horror related thing i remember besides Marvel Zombies would be Franken-castle and then there's the recent Man-Thing mini.

Bentley
I think Man-Thing is supposed to test waters for future horror books, but Marvel needs to be more ambitious in this regard, I thought about something similar myself.

basilisk
The current Man-Thing series is kind of weird, not what I was expecting and not what I would choose to test out a horror line. I'd like to see them try other stuff, though the vampires are kind of not scary at the moment.

I think good horror is harder to produce in Marvel than say, the cosmic genre.

Galan007
The original Marvel Zombies, Marvel Zombies 2, and Marvel Zombies vs. AoD were great reads--and at the time, they were also fresh/new ideas. I have no shame admitting that I loved every single page of those comics.

However, pretty much every horror book since then has been pretty bad (except Frankencastle, if we're counting that.) Imo, Marvel needs a good horror book that doesn't deal with Zombies--they've milked that cow way too long now.

the ninjak
Marvel recently tried to rip off the World of Darkness Universe with their vamps.

And they failed to even put any effort into it. They also destroyed Dracula in the process. Which made this choice a complete catastrophe.

Endless Mike
They just better not make their vampires sparkle

JakeTheBank
I would relaunch Blade, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night, and Son of Satan to revitalize the horror genre for Marvel.

Galan007
^ Nice picks. Along with those they also need to drop the Marvel Zombies BS and relaunch 'The Zombie: Simon Garth'. Good shit right thur.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Marvel recently tried to rip off the World of Darkness Universe with their vamps.

And they failed to even put any effort into it. They also destroyed Dracula in the process. Which made this choice a complete catastrophe.

That new revamp for Dracula looked alot like Kain from the Legacy of kain games.

Igniz
Originally posted by basilisk
I'd like to see them try other stuff, though the vampires are kind of not scary at the moment.

thumb up Agreed that Marvel needs to try other stuff.Vampires are no longer scary because of twilight(probably).I was searching the net and I stumbled upon this images.The images are from the Marvel Anime Blade.

http://akashicrecords.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/manilainanime0.jpg

http://akashicrecords.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/manilainanime.jpg

http://akashicrecords.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/manilainanime2.jpg

http://akashicrecords.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/manilainanime3.jpg

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
That new revamp for Dracula looked alot like Kain from the Legacy of kain games.

He reminds me of the Drac from the Francis Ford Coppola film when he was wearing armour.

And all the vampire clans are complete ripoffs off White Wolfs' Ventrue, Brujah, Nosferatu, Tzimize and Toreador clans. They should sue.

basilisk
I knew I'd seen something like all those vampire clans in other things. Looks like they ripped off several concepts then, as well as kind of messing up the whole idea of vampires in Marvel.

Since Drac and the vamps are messed up probably for good, and the zombies aren't done in a horror style, making neither scary anymore, what else can Marvel use? The Ghost Rider, Garth, Werewolf, & Son of Satan ideas are good ones. They could probably do some interesting stuff with them as long as it doesn't turn into another Midnight Sons.

Kazenji
That last Ghost Rider series with the new Rider was actually good but of course Marvel cancelled it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.