Batman vs Bane:The REMATCH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Bane

vs.

Batman

This is Batman as he appeared during The Dark Night. Some have had recent disagreements saying that Bane would lose in prime condition.

Location is the same as The Dark Night Rises. Who wins?

The Silent Hero
He'll still lose. He wasn't much of a better fighter in TDK, at least that would tip the scales. I just rewatched the scene where he fought Joker and his goons for the first time and he got held down, punched, etc.

And besides, Bane wasn't even trying in TDKR and he still mopped the floor with him. Worst case scenario for Bane it will take longer, but eventually the gloves will come off and he'll win.

ares834
Yep, Bane still wins.

Darth Martin
Bane kills him.

Impediment
Bane kills.

Robtard
LoL, fanboys are funny.

Stronger, faster and non gimpy Batman busts Bane's mask and drops him to his knees quicker than their second fight in TDKR.

BruceSkywalker
Batman destroys Bane.. period...

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman destroys Bane.. period... lol

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman destroys Bane.. period...

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL, fanboys are funny.

the ninjak
Does it really matter?

Apparently in order to become a member of the League of Shadows you have to fight like a lumbering thug.

Anyways Batman wins this fight. Bane said himself that Batty lost his fire once he completed his mission.....or something along those lines.

Bruce had more focus in the earlier films, more drive, more intensity. And he had better feats. + his body wasn't a riddled mess.

Batman wins this.

Newjak
Considering he jumped out of windows and was running with ease I don't think Batman was quite the cripple people are making him out to be.

Bane wins, Batman did pretty much the same he has always done in fights in terms of results.

Bane was just more ruthless.

the ninjak
Why didn't Batman just use his tranquilizer batshurikens on Bane?

Newjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
Why didn't Batman just use his tranquilizer batshurikens on Bane? Probably the same reason he didn't use them any other time in his entire screen time before or after. stick out tongue

the ninjak
Originally posted by Newjak
Probably the same reason he didn't use them any other time in his entire screen time before or after. stick out tongue

He used them on the thugs who were forcing Gordon and pals on the ice. 3 times.

Newjak
He used them on the thugs who were forcing Gordon and pals on the ice. 3 times. I know but my point still stands. That was the only time he had ever used them before and after.

So it's a fun way to try and say well if he was really going all out and was top notch than he would have used such and such item like he did this one time. Yet he didn't use those tranq batarangs before or after that one scene.

So unless you are trying to say anytime Batman didn't use them he was holding back, which would be the bulk of his appearances on screen, than him not using his bat tranqs does not equate to him holding back or not being top notch in fighting.

the ninjak
My point had nothing to do with either he is a top notch fighter in my eyes.

My point was -
-He tried to turn the lights out on Bane.
-He tried to use stupid smoke distractions.

Why didn't he just throw some tranqs? He used em before his 2nd fight with Bane. Why didn't he use them then? the city was about to explode, screw his selfish pride! He even stood there with Gordon and Catwoman whilst Talia said her dying speech. Get in the freakin Batcopter and fly that damn bomb out of there!

A bad script. A dull film. Dull fight scenes and a dull Batman. No wonder Nolan didn't want to make this. He was in over his head.

Batman put his ego and pride ahead of the mission. He ignored Alfred and jumped into the lion's den with no prep and fought crippled and under-trained. Didn't Batman have special gauntlets that sent men flying in the second film? They at least could have comprimised Bane's mask.
PIS and CIS on a dull level.

DARTH POWER
^ Batman also carried explosives he could have used (but it may be against his morals to use them on a person).

Newjak
My point had nothing to do with either he is a top notch fighter in my eyes.

My point was -
-He tried to turn the lights out on Bane.
-He tried to use stupid smoke distractions.

Why didn't he just throw some tranqs? He used em before his 2nd fight with Bane. Why didn't he use them then? the city was about to explode, screw his selfish pride! He even stood there with Gordon and Catwoman whilst Talia said her dying speech. Get in the freakin Batcopter and fly that damn bomb out of there!

A bad script. A dull film. Dull fight scenes and a dull Batman. No wonder Nolan didn't want to make this. He was in over his head.

Batman put his ego and pride ahead of the mission. He ignored Alfred and jumped into the lion's den with no prep and fought crippled and under-trained. Didn't Batman have special gauntlets that sent men flying in the second film? They at least could have comprimised Bane's mask.
PIS and CIS on a dull level. So you're pretty much in here just to bash the film instead actually determining who wins?

As for the rest his gauntlets didn't send men flying they allowed him to increase his grip strength, but they also limited his ability to move and defend and limited his options in combat.

There's no telling how many bat tranqs he had. For all we know he used the only three he had on those guys. Plus Bane is a trained and skilled opponent so he probably just would have dodged them.

Also it goes with the same logic of why didn't Bane just pull out a gun and shoot Batman. He could have just as easily done that.

Besides the things you are describing tend to be in every action movie, so why does it bother you so much in this one or do you think it turns every action movie into a dull CIS PIS filled a thon?

Edit: And how does any of what you said equate to Bane being a worse fighter than the Batman being used in this fight?

the ninjak
I ranted. Sorry. Back on topic.

Because Batman had busted legs and a broken back. Plus years of no training and still managed to beat Bane in the end.

In the earlier films he was healthier and in his prime. If an older, weaker and more impatient Batman could eventually defeat Bane like in their second fight. Why can't a younger one?

But considering it's the same scenario as the first fight Batman is in trouble. But I see him using those gauntlets on his mask when he tackles Bane on the ground and goes for the face.

It's just absurd that a Batman that could survive a 20+ storey drop and crush a car + jump of a car park and crush another car even felt certain blows before going for Bane's mask.

Newjak
Let me ask you something if it hadn't been for the first couple of scenes invloving the cane and the doctor would you have really thought that this batman was less than the Batman before?

He was still doing the exact same things. He was still beating up thugs with the same ease. He was still doing exactly as well as TDK Batman was.

Also he only survived the fall because he used his cape to help slow the decent.

I don't think the Batman that thought Bane was so inferior to TDK Batman as he was still doing the exact same feats as before.

And he was still getting beaten in the final fight, he only won because he managed to damage Bane's mask.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Newjak
1-Let me ask you something if it hadn't been for the first couple of scenes invloving the cane and the doctor would you have really thought that this batman was less than the Batman before?

2-He was still doing the exact same things. He was still beating up thugs with the same ease. He was still doing exactly as well as TDK Batman was.

3-Also he only survived the fall because he used his cape to help slow the decent.

4-I don't think the Batman that thought Bane was so inferior to TDK Batman as he was still doing the exact same feats as before.

5-And he was still getting beaten in the final fight, he only won because he managed to damage Bane's mask.

1- Well it did effect my decision that this version is deeply inferior physically. And his emotional state showed he was mentally weaker as well. He didn't heed Alfred's warnings. He didn't read the data shown on the footage screens. He was desperate, cocky and in denial. I believe an earlier Batman would've taken Alfred's advice and studied his opponent then prepped.

2- True. He did still beat up fodder but not as impressively and with the agility of his earlier feats.

3- Not really. It was a massive drop and he landed on his back. He didn't activate he memory cloth to create a glide effect until the last second didn't he? A massive damage soak feat.

4- Even Bane said he lost his spark during their fight. Something along the lines of "did completing your mission make you weak?"

5- He won that fight. He got his will back. The will to win he had in the earlier films. Hitting the mask was the natural Achilles heel he should've gone for in the first place.

ares834
"Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."

Doesn't matter though because Bane absolutely tore Batman apart and at the beginning, while inferior to his TDK incarnation, he wasn't drastically inferior as he still has some cool feats (hell perhaps some of the best like kicking through a brick pillar and "dodging" machine gun fire).

Bane wins.

juggerman
imho Bruce from BB was the most formidable of the three. He was stealhy as F*** and still beat ass!

Here's what i think happened: After training with the Brootherhood Bruce put his ninja skills to work striking fear into criminals becoming a myth of sorts. A bad guy's boogieman if you will. Then when "The Batman" was confirmed to be real he decided to become less of a "figure" and more of a "force". Abandoning a large amount of his stealth tactics Batman focused more on a physical presence (ie just beating people up as opposed to scaring them 1st). After using the second tactic for so long without any real trouble Batman saw no real reason to hide in the shadows any longer and thats why we see him boldly walking up to opponents (sometimes in broad daylight!) instead of ambushing them.

He possibly stopped using his steath skill because it was extra work and no one could stand up to him anyway so why bother. Until Tom Hardy came a-strollin into Gotham that is

the ninjak
Originally posted by ares834
"Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."

thumb up

And strength is what Bats needed that day.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

when truth hurts lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.