Fastest to go villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
What I want to know is who from this list (with possible motivations listed) would be the quickest to just "go villain" and turn against whatever he/she believes in.

1. Superman (after seeing Batman kill Lois by direction of the Justice League for threatening to expose their identities)

2. Captain America (after declaration of war by congress and signed by president against a defenseless nation with no cause)

3. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson reaches puberty and regresses into a goth-like depressive state)

4. Thing (Johnny AGAIN steals his girlfriend and he later that day finds a file on him where Reed and S.H.I.E.L.D. agree he is a liability)

5. Wonder Woman (begins menapause and decides that the men of the world are too evil an oppressive to women)

6. Hulk (Betty Ross Banner is carrying his child and is killed under the direction of the U.N. security council as a future threat to world security)

7. Colossus (the Cytorrak gem starts to feel so good he forgets about his "Bob Ross feelings"wink

8. Power Girl (a paparazzi sneaks into her apartment and photos her nude. The pics are posted and everywhere she goes she is referred to as "**** McGhee"wink ((Anchorman reference in case you wonder what the ****'s are))

pym-ftw
Hulk

Everyone else

Cap

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

Captain America (after declaration of war by congress and signed by president against a defenseless nation with no cause)

Captain is not PRO US President. He is pro what he thinks that is right.

He was against the US in civil war and in many others times.

DarkSaint85
Hulk/Superman.

CosmicComet
1. Hulk

2. Superman

3. Colossus

4. Thing

5. Wonder Woman

6. Power Girl

7. Captain Marvel
8. Steve Rogers

JakeTheBank
Hulk
Colossus
Thing
Superman
Power Girl
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel
Captain America

Juntai
lol @ thinking Superman would give up what he believes in and go villain.
Remember, he watched Manchester kill Lois, and could have killed him, but didn't.

Sin I AM
Diana is the most likely

the ninjak
Hulk easily. He's already done it.

mastagambit
Tinman Piotr. It's bound to happen.
Hulk,happened already.

Newjak
Colossus for sure.

Probably followed by the Hulk or Wonder Woman

Endless Mike
Hulk

Cogito
Originally posted by Juntai
Remember, he watched Manchester kill Lois, and could have killed him, but didn't.
thumb up

WW though.... wink

Sin I AM
Lol at people saying huk, the killed his wife and blew up his planet and he still didn't do shite

Endless Mike
Actually it made him conquer Manhattan and beat up almost every superhero on Earth until it was revealed that it wasn't their fault

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol at people saying huk, the killed his wife and blew up his planet and he still didn't do shite

He brought an elite army to New York and invaded it!
He beat the crap out of every hero in sight and forced his adversaries into a gladiatorial fight to the death!
The only reason he stopped was because he found out one of his teammates were responsible for the bomb.
Which resulted in him unwillingly going WBH and had to be put knocked into Bannermode.

He was a villain who was dangerously close to losing his innocence completely if it wasn't for the truth being exposed.

basilisk
1. Hulk. Because he has before.

2) Wonder Woman (begins menapause and decides that the men of the world are too evil an oppressive to women) - almost that already, and she has a history of losing her temper very quickly and lashing out even at her friends

3. Colossus - the demon finally takes over

4. Thing (Johnny AGAIN steals his girlfriend and he later that day finds a file on him where Reed and S.H.I.E.L.D. agree he is a liability) - a file that says he's a liability, that's pretty hilarious.

5 Captain Marvel (Billy Batson reaches puberty and regresses into a goth-like depressive state) - not a villain, just a loser.

6. Power Girl - she'd probably enjoy the attention

7. Superman - he would beat them up but still take them to jail.

8. Last, Captain America (after declaration of war by congress and signed by president against a defenseless nation with no cause) - By turning against his own evil government he would still be fighting for exactly what he believes in.

Sin I AM
U guys seriously need to reread wwh, he was not a villian, everyone who got rolled deserved it. Hulk was no more a villian than he's ever been...

-Pr-
U guys seriously need to reread wwh, he was not a villian, everyone who got rolled deserved it. Hulk was no more a villian than he's ever been...

Not everyone.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not everyone.

Like?

TheGodKiller
Like?

Shulkie ?

juggerman
Or the X-Men. They were just defending a man who had nothing to do with Hulk's exile and resulting anger

Estacado
Huc.

Sin I AM
Um no, Jen was in the way and Charles admitted he would have jettisoned Bruce to outer space along with the rest...anyone who protected the illuminati deserved to get beaten because noone tricked them into being sent to a different galaxy.

If hulk was truly a villain during wwh, GR would've stopped him....period

juggerman
Whether he "would have" or not fact is he DIDN'T. So you have a monster trying to harm an innocent man and his students trying to protect him and being beaten for their trouble.

Yeah they deserved it alright roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Like?

The Illuminati are really the only ones that deserved it. Everyone else was just trying to stop a rampaging Hulk.

the ninjak
Um no, Jen was in the way and Charles admitted he would have jettisoned Bruce to outer space along with the rest...anyone who protected the illuminati deserved to get beaten because noone tricked them into being sent to a different galaxy.

Hence why I wrote he was dangerously close to losing his innocence wink

He had the Illuminati in a gladiatorial contest. If they died he would've been responsible.
GR didn't fight him because he was still innocent but that was on the way out once he became responsible for the men's deaths.

TheGodKiller

Vengeance is still a poisonous emotion , a harmful concept . It clouds your judgement , and often the retributive act of harm against your antagonist exceeds the original injury done to you .
The Rider therefore , is hardly a reliable medium to know whether or not Hulk was crossing the line in that story-arc .

Edit : He beat Jen to the point that she prayed to the almighty to help/protect them . Agreed that she sucker punched him first , but it still doesn't justify the brutal smackdown he laid down on her . You may call that "getting her out of the way" , I call it "overreacting" .

Sin I AM
The Illuminati are really the only ones that deserved it. Everyone else was just trying to stop a rampaging Hulk.

Please clarify what exactly did he rampage, maybe my memory is a little fuzzy. I remember him grabbing skrull bolt, battling the muties who were protecting Charles despite all the BS he had recently pulled...beating reed, Tony, and strange who deemed it wise to invoke a demon.

Those protecting the illuminati are the casualties of war and just so happened to be on the wrong side..like I said if hulks quest was evil ghost rider would've put him down

-Pr-
Please clarify what exactly did he rampage, maybe my memory is a little fuzzy. I remember him grabbing skrull bolt, battling the muties who were protecting Charles despite all the BS he had recently pulled...beating reed, Tony, and strange who deemed it wise to invoke a demon.

Those protecting the illuminati are the casualties of war and just so happened to be on the wrong side..like I said if hulks quest was evil ghost rider would've put him down

i never said he was evil, just that not all those that fought him were evil either. a lot of them were just defending their friends and family.

hulk wanted revenge, and wasn't going to let anyone stand in his way, even if it meant pitting hero against hero in that weird colosseum thing. as far as rampage goes, turning new york in to his personal playground wasn't enough?

DarkSaint85
Like?

The Illuminati

Sin I AM
U don't believe an example need be set? These are the same folks responsible for the skrull invasion, its amazing how much leeway reed and company got..

If I tricked u, stuck u on a ship to Africa, made u a slave...then gladiator..then got my newly married wife killed..all because I felt u were a "nuisance" even though ive saved the world countless times...your telling me that because my family is heroes trying to protect me your gonna call it even?

DarkSaint85
U don't believe an example need be set? These are the same folks responsible for the skrull invasion, its amazing how much leeway reed and company got..

If I tricked u, stuck u on a ship to Africa, made u a slave...then gladiator..then got my newly married wife killed..all because I felt u were a "nuisance" even though ive saved the world countless times...your telling me that because my family is heroes trying to protect me your gonna call it even?

But WWH wasn't about all that. Hulk came to Earth for revenge for Caiera's death. But it wasn't the Illuminati's fault - it was the Red King's Guard for loading it on, and Miek for keeping shtum.

If you tricked me, and exiled me to Africa, and I found the love of my life and was crowned king...sure, I'd still be pissed at you for tricking me in the first place. But Hulk blamed the wrong people, and was seeking revenge for the wrong reasons.

Were the Illuminati wrong for other things? Yes. But not in this case - hell, Prof X wasn't even at that meeting.

the ninjak

But the Illuminati weren't responsible for their deaths. It was Miek and other collaborators. Hulk was tricked into an invasion of Earth that would've eventuated in the loss of his innocence.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But WWH wasn't about all that. Hulk came to Earth for revenge for Caiera's death. But it wasn't the Illuminati's fault - it was the Red King's Guard for loading it on, and Miek for keeping shtum.

If you tricked me, and exiled me to Africa, and I found the love of my life and was crowned king...sure, I'd still be pissed at you for tricking me in the first place. But Hulk blamed the wrong people, and was seeking revenge for the wrong reasons.

Were the Illuminati wrong for other things? Yes. But not in this case - hell, Prof X wasn't even at that meeting.

And Namor and Black Bolt voted no.

Stoic
Diana is the most likely

I agree completely with this. Diana is the most prone to kill.

Sin I AM
Hulk didn't find out it was meik till the end so up until that point he was justified

-Pr-
Hulk didn't find out it was meik till the end so up until that point he was justified

In his own mind, yes. In everyone else's? Debatable tbh.

Feeling justified isn't enough, though; look at Magneto.

DarkSaint85

No.

Only to himself.

That's like saying I'm totally justified in beating up a paedophile....only to later find out I got the wrong guy. Or executions where in fact, the guy on death row is innocent.

Blight
Except that the Illuminati didn't even want Hulk to go where he went, they intended to send him to a place of peace. He didn't know it, but this is a situation where cooler heads prevail. This is a smarter Hulk, if he weren't trying to pit former allies into a gladitorial arena, he could have stopped and thought "What would they stand to gain with destroying my new planet with my wife in it? They've already exiled me... why go the extra step?"

the ninjak

He was still willing to let innocent men die whether he was aware or not.
He was on the edge.

If he was never stopped and shown the truth. If the Illuminati died and the insects started overpopulating New York. Satellite beams destroyed a chunk of New York and an all out war eventuated. He would be a villain responsible for planting the seeds of destruction. And there is the possibility of Stark being dead before he could tag Hulk with the satellite beam before he exploded whilst WBH.

He could've destroyed everything. A being seeking revenge ending up murdering millions if not billions.

But in this thread he seeks to destroy the American military and government not just a small group of men. The consequences could be disastrous due to the numbers.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by basilisk
1. Hulk. Because he has before.

2) Wonder Woman (begins menapause and decides that the men of the world are too evil an oppressive to women) - almost that already, and she has a history of losing her temper very quickly and lashing out even at her friends

3. Colossus - the demon finally takes over

4. Thing (Johnny AGAIN steals his girlfriend and he later that day finds a file on him where Reed and S.H.I.E.L.D. agree he is a liability) - a file that says he's a liability, that's pretty hilarious.

5 Captain Marvel (Billy Batson reaches puberty and regresses into a goth-like depressive state) - not a villain, just a loser.

6. Power Girl - she'd probably enjoy the attention

7. Superman - he would beat them up but still take them to jail.

8. Last, Captain America (after declaration of war by congress and signed by president against a defenseless nation with no cause) - By turning against his own evil government he would still be fighting for exactly what he believes in.

I agree with this but would probably switch Colossus & Diana

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blight
Except that the Illuminati didn't even want Hulk to go where he went, they intended to send him to a place of peace. He didn't know it, but this is a situation where cooler heads prevail. This is a smarter Hulk, if he weren't trying to pit former allies into a gladitorial arena, he could have stopped and thought "What would they stand to gain with destroying my new planet with my wife in it? They've already exiled me... why go the extra step?"

Horrible reasoning who the phuck made them judge, jury, and executioners? ....by that reasoning the colonist were right for relocating the Indians simply because they were savages and didn't know better.

Originally posted by the ninjak
He was still willing to let innocent men die whether he was aware or not.
He was on the edge.

If he was never stopped and shown the truth. If the Illuminati died and the insects started overpopulating New York. Satellite beams destroyed a chunk of New York and an all out war eventuated. He would be a villain responsible for planting the seeds of destruction. And there is the possibility of Stark being dead before he could tag Hulk with the satellite beam before he exploded whilst WBH.

He could've destroyed everything. A being seeking revenge ending up murdering millions if not billions.

But in this thread he seeks to destroy the American military and government not just a small group of men. The consequences could be disastrous due to the numbers. not one character died in wwh....he never intended it so

DarkSaint85
Also, who made Hulk judge, jury and executioner? Especially since he was a terrible judge, without looking at the evidence and being swayed by his emotions.

A concession from Banner:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/78698/1795036-hercules___fall_of_an_avenger___1_019_super_super.jpg

the ninjak
not one character died in wwh....he never intended it so

Of course no one did. Plot allowed it so. A simple twist of fate and everyone would've been screwed.

-Pr-
Horrible reasoning who the phuck made them judge, jury, and executioners? ....by that reasoning the colonist were right for relocating the Indians simply because they were savages and didn't know better.

not one character died in wwh....he never intended it so

It's not nearly the same thing. The Hulk was a force of destruction, and while no, I can't say I agree with their actions, it's certainly understandable.

and that isn't why Hulk wanted revenge.

He was happy on that planet, and he blamed them for taking that way.

Rao Kal El
Hulk is just too mentally unstable. He is the most likely to go villain with his bipolarity.

After that Wonder Woman is most likely to go crazy, but more in regards to lack of a sex life, Women tend to get really frustrated if you don't give them enough, they become really bitchy for lack of sex , of course is nothing that cannot be fixed with a good laid. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Hulk is just too mentally unstable. He is the most likely to go villain with his bipolarity.

After that Wonder Woman is most likely to go crazy, but more in regards to lack of a sex life, Women tend to get really frustrated if you don't give them enough, they become really bitchy for lack of sex. stick out tongue

Never had that problem.

Because I bookmark the sites.

Sin I AM
It's not nearly the same thing. The Hulk was a force of destruction, and while no, I can't say I agree with their actions, it's certainly understandable.

and that isn't why Hulk wanted revenge.

He was happy on that planet, and he blamed them for taking that way.

Scans? Issue number? Not that im doubting u but I never read anything saying he was happy to be banished

DarkSaint85
Scans? Issue number? Not that im doubting u but I never read anything saying he was happy to be banished
Pr didn't say that; he said he was happy to be on that planet.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Never had that problem.

Because I bookmark the sites.

big grin

the ninjak
I've read many comics stating the Hulk was CONTENT on WarWorld with his bride and child in the making.

-Pr-

I said he was happy on the planet, not that he had been banished. He'd finally found a world that celebrated his strength, and had found love. He was actually happy with life for once. And that was taken away from him, hence his anger.

Rao Kal El
I said he was happy on the planet, not that he had been banished. He'd finally found a world that celebrated his strength, and had found love. He was actually happy with life for once. And that was taken away from him, hence his anger.

And most important "He didn't wanted to be alone"

Seriously, that guy has some mental issues.

Blight

You aren't getting the point. I didn't say they were right, I said that if HULK were right, he'd do the sensible thing and THINK before ACT. He didn't do that, and as a consequence, he became the badguy of that story. He wasn't pitting them in an arena for sending him there, he did it because they took it all away from him, which they didn't. Miek did, and if Hulk had thought for a second he could EASILY muster the brain capacity to realize that because they sent him there, there'd be no reason to destroy the place... it doesn't make sense.

-Pr-
And most important "He didn't wanted to be alone"

Seriously, that guy has some mental issues.

Being the Hulk is a very lonely existence. He finally got to find out what it's like to be wanted. That's a horrible thing to lose.

Blight
Not to mention the Indian Allegory is bullshit, we sent the indians packing because the colonists wanted their land, not because they were decimating ours...

Sin I AM

You aren't getting the point. I didn't say they were right, I said that if HULK were right, he'd do the sensible thing and THINK before ACT. He didn't do that, and as a consequence, he became the badguy of that story. He wasn't pitting them in an arena for sending him there, he did it because they took it all away from him, which they didn't. Miek did, and if Hulk had thought for a second he could EASILY muster the brain capacity to realize that because they sent him there, there'd be no reason to destroy the place... it doesn't make sense.

So on the same token if the illuminati thought for a minute they could have ummmm what cured him

DarkSaint85
I thought they tried, and Reed specifically said that he couldn't....

Blight
So on the same token if the illuminati thought for a minute they could have ummmm what cured him Again, didn't say they were right in what they did, but you can't seem to get that non-issue out of your head. THEY DIDN'T DO WHAT HULK THOUGHT THEY DID WHICH MADE HIM TURN MANHATTAN INTO A SLUM. His entire reasoning was based on an event that he was wrong about.

Did you read the Illuminati special? They talk tirelessly about how he can't be cured... and it was a reaction to the event in Las Vegas. A brash one, and one that bit them in the ass. But it doesn't suddenly put Hulk in the right when he attacks innocents for "Being in the way".

the ninjak
So on the same token if the illuminati thought for a minute they could have ummmm what cured him

Hulk rampaged Las Vegas. Stark being robotic Stark decided amongst the Illuminati to send Hulk to a place where he could rampage all he wanted.

Blackbolt said no and Namor fought him. Xavier wasn't present. Reed and Strange thought it was a great idea.

The Hulk was growing exponentially and wasn't finding peace. They thought themselves as the elite minds of the Earth and made there choice.

Cure isn't the word for it.

Black bolt z
Hulk

Cap

Everyone else

Superman

the ninjak
Cap, really?

The guy took on the establishment in Civil War and was the hero.
2. Captain America (after declaration of war by congress and signed by president against a defenseless nation with no cause)

He won't stand for it.

Blight
I'm guessing joke?

the ninjak
Why not.

Anyways. Is it really in WW's character to go through menopause and start killing abusive men left and right?
Or become anti-men in general?

Blight
Does anyone else find it troubling that the OP assumes Batman would kill Lois Lane?? Bit out of character...

Q99
Wonder Woman needs muuuuuuuch stronger motive to go villain than that, Diana's pretty low on the list here.

She's willing to kill in some extreme conditions, but the motives mentioned aren't really remotely near enough. WW knows waaaay too many good men and doesn't divide things into a men vs women setup.

Also, read Odyssey. It's all about some gods trying to villainize her from the ground up (In short, trying to turn her into a goddess of justice without mercy).

janus77
I don't know if anyone on this list, with these scenarios, would "turn against" what they believe in. They might cause a bit of a stink, reduce a few cities to rubble, but take up beliefs antithetical to or even outright the opposite of what they formerly professed? Nah.

Hulk - I don't see him doing anything different, even after a lifetime of being hounded by the military, of having marriages and relationships break as a result of the persecution he is under, of having to bottle up a monster... He's never killed nor even been reckless enough to cause "collateral damage" (in the US military sense of bombing "oopsies"wink.

Superman would require something else to motivate him to go against his beliefs, as Batman's actions and the JL would not break his faith in people nor in the rightness of his cause.

Perhaps Thing might turn belligerent and even hostile towards people, he's got a tough-life as a very freakish-looking strong man who isn't all that strong and doesn't have a genius IQ or anything else that might make him useful to the world at large.

Rao Kal El
Being the Hulk is a very lonely existence. He finally got to find out what it's like to be wanted. That's a horrible thing to lose.

I agree, it will be horrible to go trough something like that.

But specially in Banner's case being bi-polar is a most likely thing to happen.

-Pr-
I agree, it will be horrible to go trough something like that.

But specially in Banner's case being bi-polar is a most likely thing to happen.

lol

Blight
Does anyone else find it troubling that the OP assumes Batman would kill Lois Lane?? Bit out of character...
So it's just me?

Rao Kal El
So it's just me?

If it is a thing that must be done, Batman will do it. IMO

JakeTheBank
A lot of the scenarios are implausible if not impossible, imo.

psycho gundam
"What would they stand to gain with destroying my new planet with my wife in it? They've already exiled me... why go the extra step?" well, the explosion did destroy the ship that could very well be flown back to earth, it just so happened to kill bystanders (logic prior to meik statement)

leonidas
cyttorak is pretty much an evil bastich so it's pretty easy to see petey turning and it wouldn't even surprise most i don't think. i think next would be ww. she lives pretty close to the edge with her warrior mentality already. hulk would be next imo.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Juntai
Remember, he watched Manchester kill Lois, and could have killed him, but didn't. thumb up

Superman is up there with Captain America.

I think Hulk and Wonder Woman would go "villain" the fastest, even if they don't believe they have turned.

Blight
Wasn't Colossus already a villain at some point?

Odekahn
Hulk
Captain Marvel
Wonder Woman
Colossus
Power Girl
Thing
Superman
Captain America

Odekahn
Wasn't Colossus already a villain at some point?

He was an acolyte in the Brotherhood.

CosmicComet
It's not the idea of Lois being killed that makes me think Superman would go rogue.

It's the idea that Batman--a man he trusts more than anyone else and even considers his friend, would actually do so out of some precautionary protocol that goes entirely against what he thought Batman and himself believed in.

Superman's willpower is up there with the best of them. But he's not beyond having a snapping point. That's one of things people are always worried about when it comes to him afterall.

DarkSaint85
Plus, the fact that he knows Batman would probably have 20 different plans, would make him strike hard and strike fast.

Cogito
Originally posted by CosmicComet
It's not the idea of Lois being killed that makes me think Superman would go rogue.

It's the idea that Batman--a man he trusts more than anyone else and even considers his friend, would actually do so out of some precautionary protocol that goes entirely against what he thought Batman and himself believed in.

Superman's willpower is up there with the best of them. But he's not beyond having a snapping point. That's one of things people are always worried about when it comes to him afterall.

Betraying trust for a precautionary protocol already happened too (Tower of Babel arc). Batman was just kicked out of the league.

8swords
Spiderman

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/waid.jpg/

nuff said..... laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.