Corpse Party

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Battosuai_Tim
Have any of you heard of the Japanese horror game Corpse Party? If not, my description will follow this.

It's a game for the PSP, but only released in Japan, but thanks to Xseed Games, they translated and released it on the Playstation Store for 20 bucks. It's a great deal, let me tell you, if you're into visual novel/puzzle games. The game takes place in Japan of course, at the Tenjin School. Fellow classmates are relaxing after a big festival they had that day, and are now hoping to do one more thing before someone they know transfers to another school. The class rep has an idea that would make everyone happy, and after doing it, they would be friends forever, no matter what. She takes out a paper doll and says they shall perform a ritual called 'Sachiko Ever After' that she read about online from a spiritualist she idolizes named Naho Saenoki. Afterwards, all is good until an earthquake apparently splits the classroom up, as well as the classmates...and little do they know they've entered a hellish dimension that they might be stuck in...forever.

Here is my review on the game.

Graphics: 8/10

The game is set up in an old fashioned style, sort of like how people used RPG maker, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it to it's fullest extent. The design of the characters was a plus.

Music: 9/10

There are some VERY catchy songs in this game that I could listen to ALL day, but that'd just be silly. lol

Gameplay: 8/10

The reason why it's not a perfect score is, if it's your first time playing it, you NEVER know when you're going to get the bad ending for a chapter. There are multiple bad endings, so when and IF you feel you've sustained a great chapter so far, then SAVE. It's a pain to go back through scenes after having seen it 3 or so times, but overall, I found the gameplay to be quite entertaining. All you do is walk around, pick up items and explore, but it holds up.

Storyline: 10/10

The story in this game was VERY interesting. It's even inspired me to make my own fanfics. I won't say anything besides what I mentioned with how the game starts.

Length: 10/10

If you don't rush it, this game can last you quite a while...and also if you have to redo parts of a chapter and whatnot. lol

Overall score: 10/10

I know it doesn't make sense to have a perfect score game when the other things I rated weren't perfect, but I LOVED playing this game! I only played it at night, with the lights off, wearing ear buds. That's a big plus about the game with all those things because:

1-Horror games are ALWAYS better to play at night.
2-Having lights on while playing it makes it sort of hard to see everything that's going on.
3-Having the noises go right into your ear, making it a surround sound kind of feel, is the BEST way to listen to everything going on.

Opening 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTGJz0fP2og
Opening 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXggKgxkRjI
Opening 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yccQ6T8jTu8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.