James Moriarty vs Tyler Durden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSJVegeta
James Moriarty, from the film Sherlock Holmnes: A Game Of Shadows

VS

Tyler Durden, from the film Fight Club

This is a bare-knuckle fist-fight. They are fighting in a boxing ring, unarmed and with no prior knowledge of each other. To win one must kill or incapacitate the other.

KingD19
Moriarty easily. He has Moriarty-avision, just like Holmes has Holmes-avision.

He figures out how the fight goes before it starts and beats the crap out of Durden.

Robtard
Durden needs only one hit. He gets it.

Nephthys
Durden is an imaginary person who doesn't exist.

He pwns hard.

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
Durden needs only one hit. He gets it.

Even if he was real, he wouldn't be able to hit Moriarty.

Mindset
Durden wins.

BruceSkywalker
lol and more lol.. Moriarty gets an arse whoppin

the end

KingD19
Someone wanna explain to me how Ed Norton beats Moriarty? A guy who could speed up his perception of time and accurately figure how a fight would go before it happened?

Mindset
Norton isn't Durden, broseph stalin.

KingD19
He might be more ruthless and cunning/calculating, but he's still Norton. He's just a split personality that comes out when Norton's asleep. That's why everyone thinks Norton is Tyler towards the end.

Still, no ones explained how he beats Moriarty in a fight. The same Moriarity who matched Holmes blow for blow in the fight that would have taken place if Holmes hadn't thrown them both off the balcony. The same Moriarty who has pre-cog at a phenomenal level and can literally see the fight before it starts.

Mindset
Nope, you are wrong, mein freund.

Durden goes balls deep while wearing his latex gloves.

KingD19
I don't know what you're smokin, but I might try it sometime. Right around the time you give me a reason Tyler wins.

the ninjak
If it's Norton Durden-- he dies.
If it's Pitt Durden-- Well he's an invincible figment of a man's psychosis.

These Durden fights are confusing. And the OPs should clarify what the situation is.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't know what you're smokin, but I might try it sometime. Right around the time you give me a reason Tyler wins. Originally posted by the ninjak
Thank you, ninjak.

I just don't have the time to explain such simple things.

KingD19
Yeah, Tyler is a figment, but he still is inhabiting Norton's body. Hence why everyone thinks Norton is Durden. So even if Tyler won't go down, Norton's body won't be able to handle the constant ass whooping.

Don't be difficult, Mindset.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak

Well Moriarty will be aware of the fact that "Kill the body and the head will die" applies a couple of ways relating to the Narrator/Durden duality.

IE: If you kill Peter Parker, Spiderman doesn't show up for work the next day.

KingD19
Thank You

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well Moriarty will be aware of the fact that "Kill the body and the head will die" applies a couple of ways relating to the Narrator/Durden duality.

IE: If you kill Peter Parker, Spiderman doesn't show up for work the next day.

Going by forum rules only Durden and Moriarty are in the ring. The narrator isn't there, he's home eating Cheetos.

Just like in Matrix fights where we can bring Neo out into the real world for fights against physical fighters and him retaining all his powers. It's the power of the forum. It's an SSJVegeta fight. It's a fail thread.

Durden can't be harmed or destroyed in this fight. The only way Moriarty wins is if the Narrator chokes on one of his Cheetos and dies or something.

Credits for Fight Club.
Brad Pitt--Tyler Durden.
The Narator--Edward Norton.

Mindset
Yeah, Tyler is a figment, but he still is inhabiting Norton's body. Hence why everyone thinks Norton is Durden. So even if Tyler won't go down, Norton's body won't be able to handle the constant ass whooping.

Don't be difficult, Mindset. Originally posted by the ninjak
Going by forum rules only Durden and Moriarty are in the ring. The narrator isn't there, he's home eating Cheetos.

Just like in Matrix fights where we can bring Neo out into the real world for fights against physical fighters and him retaining all his powers. It's the power of the forum. It's an SSJVegeta fight. It's a fail thread.

Durden can't be harmed or destroyed in this fight. The only way Moriarty wins is if the Narrator chokes on one of his Cheetos and dies or something.

Credits for Fight Club.
Brad Pitt--Tyler Durden.
The Narator--Edward Norton. Originally posted by KingD19
Thank You

Impediment
Moriarty, easy.

Were Holmes not injured, he would have beat the shit out of Moriarty. I believe that Durden, while a good fighter with great damage soak, couldn't hold a candle to Moriarty with his "Moriarty vision".

A better match would be Moriarty or Holmes versus Mickey the pikey from Snatch.

Sadako of Girth

Credits for Fight Club.
Brad Pitt--Tyler Durden.
The Narator--Edward Norton.

The Narrator IS there. Its his body that Durden inhabits.
So even if you view them as seperate, the same, whatever:

The fact remains that physically, the guy is The Narrator.

So whatever you say, once the superior Moriarty has destroyed whomever the opponent is called, both personalities die along with the body.. And if big Lou could best him, Moriarty (especially with the massive intellectual and instinctual, speed and foresight etc etc advantages, Durnarrator goes down.

the ninjak
Maybe I'm over analyzing.

These Durden fights are confusing. And the OPs should clarify what the situation is.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe. Either way its Moriatry winnage...as a split personality is only as invinclble as the body its in.

And no one in Fight Club was invincible.

Might as well be Bob up there.

Impediment
Regardless of which persona it is, Moriarty KOs. His fight vision, strength, and his boxing expertise are more than enough.

the ninjak
Yeah I always agreed with that. I guess my point was.

-If it's Norton thinking he's Tyler in the fight he gets decimated.
-If through the magic of the Forum Arena PittTyler was separated from the Narrator then he would be an invincible psychosis persona brought out into the flesh. The guy teleported and got shot and it had no effect. The Narrator had to shoot himself to release himself of him.

Robtard
It's going to be a spite-thread either way.

the ninjak
Pretty much.

ares834
Originally posted by Robtard
It's going to be a spite-thread either way.

thumb up

Durden stomps either way.

KingD19
The guy teleported and got shot and it had no effect. The Narrator had to shoot himself to release himself of him.

Getting shot didn't have any effect because he didn't really get shot. It wasn't until Narrator found out that he himself was Durden and shot himself, but as soon as that happened, Durden had a bullet hole in his skull.

But as I've been saying, Moriarty stomps hard.

the ninjak
Getting shot didn't have any effect because he didn't really get shot. It wasn't until Narrator found out that he himself was Durden and shot himself, but as soon as that happened, Durden had a bullet hole in his skull.

But as I've been saying, Moriarty stomps hard.

If you read my above examples.
I separated the two into 2 distinct possibilities in the fight.
-The Narrator with Durden as a multiple personality.
-Durden persona on his own. Brought out into the flesh.

You catch my drift?

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Durden stomps either way.

No. If if the fight is between the Narrator in DurdenMode he gets destroyed.

Mindset
Durden is invincible.

KingD19
If you read my above examples.
I separated the two into 2 distinct possibilities in the fight.
-The Narrator with Durden as a multiple personality.
-Durden persona on his own. Brought out into the flesh.

You catch my drift?

I got what you meant. I was just pointing out that the reason Durden didn't get "hurt" when he got shot the first time was that Narrator didn't realize they were one in the same and the bullet went off into blank space. Once he realized, "Oh shit, I am Tyler and Tyler is me", he popped him once and dead.

Originally posted by Mindset
Durden is invincible.

But Narrator's body, which Tyler inhabits while Narrator is asleep, is far from it. And one of the best boxers of his time with some of the best fight pre-cog ever seen in film and a hyper-genius intellect will be the bane of his existence...his short short existence.

Mindset
Narrator isn't in the fight, just Durden.

the ninjak
I got what you meant. I was just pointing out that the reason Durden didn't get "hurt" when he got shot the first time was that Narrator didn't realize they were one in the same and the bullet went off into blank space. Once he realized, "Oh shit, I am Tyler and Tyler is me", he popped him once and dead.

I don't think anybody here is unaware of that fact.

Vegeta needs to clarify whether this is-
-The Narrator or
-Durden persona on his own.

Then we'll have our quick answer.

Originally posted by Mindset
Narrator isn't in the fight, just Durden.

Did we ever find out the Narrator's real name?

Robtard
Did we ever find out the Narrator's real name?

Philip

Mindset

-The Narrator or

Did we ever find out the Narrator's real name? John Cho

Newjak

-The Narrator or

Did we ever find out the Narrator's real name? If it's just Durden then he doesn't exist therefore he auto loses or Moriarty talks him out of existence by showing him he doesn't exist stick out tongue

If it's Durden made flesh then he still gets his head pushed in.

the ninjak
It appears we've reached an impasse.

2kpRzbbl8G0

Mindset
Originally posted by Newjak
If it's just Durden then he doesn't exist therefore he auto loses or Moriarty talks him out of existence by showing him he doesn't exist stick out tongue

If it's Durden made flesh then he still gets his head pushed in. Within the confines of this thread he exists as a invincible character made of awesomeness.

InMyOpinion
I cannot see Moriarty winning this fight. How can he go "moriarty vision" on someone he cannot see. He looks at Norton and does not see Durden. Big surprise for Moriarity after he examines him for weakness and fighting style and discovers a whole new unexpected plan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.