Deathstroke(DCnU) Vs. Captain America(Rogers, current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
Round 1: regular equipment.
Round 2: hand to hand.

Who wins?

the Darkone
cap in both

Golgo13
Slade throws those bombs and nukes his ass.

Blight
This is getting closer... I'd like to see some more of Deathstroke before I make an opinion. For now, cap wins.

Golgo13
It would be interesting to see if Cap can hang with Slade's Nth Metal armor. He just took a beating from Lobo, so...

red sabre
Captain America in both.

namorsubby
I severely underestimated the extent of this problem.

DarkSaint85
I think Deathstroke can win.

srankmissingnin
Captain America. Obviously.

Silent Master
Unless DS has some new feats that I haven't seen yet, Cap wins.

vince_slice
Deathstroke's durability might be a problem for Cap (e.g., tanking a submarine tossed on him, no selling an apartment explosion, tanking several Lobo punches). H2H he actually got the upper hand on Lobo and made him bleed with his punches, but Lobo overpowered him with his vastly superior stats.

namorsubby
These guys obviously haven't read up on DcnU Slade. Doesn't stop them from posting an opinion though. Then again, ignorance never did stop them.

Slades entire suit is nth metal. What will Cap do to by pass that?

Blight
What he usually does, work around it.

I've read ALL of Deathstroke's DCnU appearances. Have you read much Captain America? Deathstrokes newfound badassery states he has the potential to put up a fight against Cap, not school him.

srankmissingnin
Pussy ass DCnU Lobo has already busted Slade's armor. It's nothing special.

abhilegend
Slade.

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Pussy ass DCnU Lobo has already busted Slade's armor. It's nothing special.
Are you serious here?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by abhilegend
Are you serious here?

Happened last issue.

vince_slice
Only a small part of the mask broke (e.g., the right eye area), the rest of his suit is fine.

namorsubby
I'm sorry, but you guys are lunatics. Slade has a nth metal suit, and now he "can put up a fight" against cap. As of he was completely out matched with no chance before.

Caps going to "work around" his armor? How, exactly?

Lobo broke it, yes. What the hell is cap gonna do to it?

I never fully comprehended the level of delusion some of you share until now.
How is cap going to beat someone who's already more durable with a better healing factor in a suit of nth metal? Hes not.

I'd still take old slade over cap, but with the suit, he's not gonna lose once.

JakeTheBank
So you made a, in your mind, one sided thread to get mad about the results?

abhilegend
Happened last issue.
I was talking about "its not special because freaking LOBO broke a part of the mask". I mean I know that you lowball the shit out of DC streets, but seriously?

Blight
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up

No better definition to the term "bait."

Estacado
Slade.

srankmissingnin
I was talking about "its not special because freaking LOBO broke a part of the mask". I mean I know that you lowball the shit out of DC streets, but seriously?

Liefeld's Lobo sucks. He has no strength feats and got half his body incinerated by a bomb designed to take out Elephants. There is nothing that suggests he is Superman level right now, but I'm sure once a competent writer gets their hands on him that will change.

Anyway this whole Nth metal thing is almost laughable. People imposing their pre retcon notions of the metals attributes onto the current iteration of the metal. Lobo's broken it. Midnighter was beating the crap out of Grant (who also had a Nth metal suit), and was cracking the thing. Deathstroke has been shot and stabbed repeatedly since the reboot and several times those attacks have penetrated the armor.

namorsubby
The actual results don't seem to be a problem, but my apparent reason and intent being the thread(which you stated for me) deserves a comment?

This is just a testament to the unrelenting attitude some of these posters have when it comes to picking one character over another. instead of conceding in light of a new development they hold their stance against all logic. Instead of focusing on supporting that stance they deflect with irrelevant comments like these used to antagonize a poster with the opposite stance.

namorsubby
Liefeld's Lobo sucks. He has no strength feats and got half his body incinerated by a bomb designed to take out Elephants. There is nothing that suggests he is Superman level right now, but I'm sure once a competent writer gets their hands on him that will change.

Anyway this whole Nth metal thing is almost laughable. People imposing their pre retcon notions of the metals attributes onto the current iteration of the metal. Lobo's broken it. Midnighter was beating the crap out of Grant (who also had a Nth metal suit), and was cracking the thing. Deathstroke has been shot and stabbed repeatedly since the reboot and several times those attacks have penetrated the armor. breaking nth metal is a strengh feat. Cap sure as hell can't. And it was never stated that the bombs were designed for elephants. Slade just said one could take out an elephant. You have a nasty habit of stating what you infer as fact. you also conveniently left out the fact that the bombs had no real effect on him. You have a tendency to leave things out as well.

It isn't even clear if slade had the nth metal the entire series. I'm pretty sure it well be revealed that he acquired it after beating a version of the legacy suits. it was stated that the most powerful ones suit was nth metal, and there
was no mention of slades suit being so until after that issue.

Blight
Originally posted by namorsubby
The actual results don't seem to be a problem, but my apparent reason and intent being the thread(which you stated for me) deserves a comment?

This is just a testament to the unrelenting attitude some of these posters have when it comes to picking one character over another. instead of conceding in light of a new development they hold their stance against all logic. Instead of focusing on supporting that stance they deflect with irrelevant comments like these used to antagonize a poster with the opposite stance.

IE Bait thread.

srankmissingnin
breaking nth metal is a strengh feat. Cap sure as hell can't.

It isn't even clear if slade had the nth metal the entire series. I'm pretty sure it well be revealed that he acquired it after beating a version of the legacy suits. it was stated that the most powerful ones suit was nth metal, and there was no benton of slades siut being so until after that issue.

Based on what exactly? Midnighter did. Even a point blank shot from a revolver got through the thing. You are hyping the suit WAY above it's documented on panel durability.

Peabody ran a test on Ravager mask and confirmed it was the mask Grant was wearing when Midnighter supposedly killed him, because the knife and mask were made of Nth metal, and that incident was years before the series. Logic would dictate that Slade's suit has been Nth metal the entire time... or he had his witless sidekick decked out in better gear than he had for him self.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Blight
IE Bait thread.

Lulz

/thread

edit: ah dammit forgot i'm not on battlenet forums

Golgo13
These guys obviously haven't read up on DcnU Slade. Doesn't stop them from posting an opinion though. Then again, ignorance never did stop them.

Slades entire suit is nth metal. What will Cap do to by pass that?

These posters have yet to state how they can by pass the Nth Metal. Cap is no Lobo.

JakeTheBank
If Slade's armor can be pierced by bullets, why can't Cap damage the suit with his shield?

Golgo13
Easier said than done. Slade is pretty quick and has uber senses. Caught Tigorr when he was trying to ambush him by sensing the air pressure. Plus, Lobo didn't destroy it without a little effort, who apparently has super strength. Actual super strength.

JakeTheBank
Cap is pretty fast, has enhanced senses, and absurd accuracy when it comes to the shield. He's also incredibly strong in his own right.

So, I'm really not seeing how Slade's armor is beyond Cap's means to damage, unless you're arguing that it's not whether or not Cap can do it but whether or not he'll get the chance to do it.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Golgo13
Easier said than done. Slade is pretty quick and has uber senses. Caught Tigorr when he was trying to ambush him by sensing the air pressure. Plus, Lobo didn't destroy it without a little effort, who apparently has super strength. Actual super strength.

Captain America has done the same thing against Black Panther... and BP actually has speed feats.

Captain America runs a train on Slade, and DCnU Deathstroke doesn't have the speed, strength, skill or healing factor feats to suggest otherwise, and his armor has been repeatedly bypassed by far less that Captain America.

Simple.

Golgo13
If Slade just stands there, I'm sure he can eventually damage it with his shield, but Slade can predict movements and his Nth metal suit can take a lot of punishment. So, like I said, easier said than done.

Stoic
Slade without the Nth Metal armor would be a competitive fight against Captain America. With it Slade wins all day every day. I'd say Cap would or could take a majority without the armor in H2H combat, but with it, he has no real way of keeping a guy that is as fast and deadly as he is down while possessing that nice armor.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Stoic
Slade without the Nth Metal armor would be a competitive fight against Captain America. With it Slade wins all day every day. I'd say Cap would or could take a majority without the armor in H2H combat, but with it, he has no real way of keeping a guy that is as fast and deadly as he is down while possessing that nice armor.

People need to stop fixating on the Nth Metal and arbitrarily attributing the armor with greater durability then it has shown on panel. Gun shots of have penetrated it. Midnighter's peak - class 2 strength was enough to bash a person wearing it. Why would this armor give Slade any sort of advantage over Cap? Too date Slade's armor is only marginally more impressive than Caps own.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic

thumb up Slade purposely blew himself up and took out a building, yet easily survived because of the armor. Hell, even Lobo stated the armor is good for fighting foes who are stronger. Once Hawkman gets explored more, we will really see how much this Nth metal can do in the DCnU.

srankmissingnin
thumb up Slade purposely blew himself up and took out a building, yet easily survived because of the armor. Hell, even Lobo stated the armor is good for fighting foes who are stronger. Once Hawkman gets explored more, we will really see how much this Nth metal can do in the DCnU.

You know who else survived that explosion? The meth head's pre-teen son in the next room and he was completely unharmed also. eek!

Hawkman's weapons / armor are pure Nth metal. Slade's is a composite.

Golgo13
I guess Slade can absorb the explosion! Just like what Nth metal did back in the day! eek! thanks for the claification. thumb up

JakeTheBank
And his armor can be damaged by less than what Captain America can produce.

I doubt his armor is tanking a full force shield toss or slash without any damage.

Stoic

I doubt his armor is tanking a full force shield toss or slash without any damage.

I think that there may be some damage due to the shield being made of stronger stuff than the armor (I'm guessing here). The thing is that Slade isn't a paper soldier here, the guy has skills, and even without the suit has comparable stats to Cap. Whoever takes it will know that he was in a hell of a fight.

Golgo13
I can't wait to read Justin Jordan's Team 7. Grifter, Deathstroke, Amanda, Lynch, should be awesome. SHOULD BE.

Stoic
I can't wait to read Justin Jordan's Team 7. Grifter, Deathstroke, Amanda, Lynch, should be awesome. SHOULD BE.

I love the Deathstoke book. When is this new title coming out? Is it a mini?

Golgo13
No, it's an ongoing. Written by the hot indi writer Justin Jordan who has done Luther Strode.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/99507/2457343-team_7_1_large.jpg

Golgo13
Hopefully it will reveal the program that pumped out Deathstroke and Midnighter.

Stoic
Hopefully it will reveal the program that pumped out Deathstroke and Midnighter.

Sounds cool.

namorsubby

I doubt his armor is tanking a full force shield toss or slash without any damage. first off, lets get some things clear.

1. Deathstroke's suit was never penetrated by gunfire after being identified as nth metal. In his new series it's already been tanking mini gun ammo, explosions, and blows from opponents much stronger than cap. Hell, slades suit had been mostly bullet proof since forever.

2. The suit was simply stated to be nth metal in issue 10, never a composite of that and something else.

Theres absolutely no reason to believe cap can penetrate that armor. Use the comic as reference, not other posters.

Golgo13
first off, lets get some things clear.

1. Deathstroke's suit was never penetrated by gunfire after being identified as nth metal. In his new series it's already been tanking mini gun ammo, explosions, and blows from opponents much stronger than cap. Hell, slades suit had been mostly bullet proof since forever.

2. The suit was simply stated to be nth metal in issue 10, never a composite of that and something else.

Theres absolutely no reason to believe cap can penetrate that armor. Use the comic as reference, not other posters.

Are you picking up Team 7?

namorsubby
Are you picking up Team 7?

haven't even heard of it til now, but if it has slade in it, ill definitely check it out. Hopefully it'll produce some good slade feats for the thread......not that'll stop the constant slade low-balling on KMC.lol

Golgo13
If Nth metal in the DCnU is the same as pre-flashpoint, which I believe the writers of Hawkman said it was, then Slade has protection from extreme heat, cold, elements, and on TOP of his enhanced abilities, gives him super strength AND durability.

The writers also hinted at new abilities for Nth metal, so I can't wait to see what it is.

Golgo13
haven't even heard of it til now, but if it has slade in it, ill definitely check it out. Hopefully it'll produce some good slade feats for the thread......not that'll stop the constant slade low-balling on KMC.lol

Yes, it has Slade as one of the OG memebers. Along with Steve Trever, Amanda Waller, and Grifter.

namorsubby
When is it due out?

Blight
As soon as slade gets some new feats under his belt, I will happily concede a win to him. I just haven't seen enough yet.

Golgo13
October once all the 0 issues come out.

Here is an interview, if you want to read.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39410

Aries_04
Slade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.