Zues vs Odin (Movie versions see details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Zues from Immortals movie vs Odin from Thor movie , in your opinion who do you reckon seems more powerfull how and why?

KingD19
Movie versus forum is where this goes.

TheGodKiller
Zeus .

Diesldude
Odin went to Odin sleep because of a heart attack.

Zeus tanked shots that brought down Poseidon.

I have to go with Zeus.

JakeTheBank
He went into the Odin Sleep because he put it off for too long, not because he had a heart attack.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Diesldude
Odin went to Odin sleep because of a heart attack.

Zeus tanked shots that brought down Poseidon.

I have to go with Zeus.

Attacks that put down Poseidon, ok, elaborate on that.

What were those attacks?

KingD19
Let's put it this way, Immortals gods were getting taken down by weak attacks. Odin is more powerful than Loki or Thor, who have plenty of feats to go on. Odin wins.

Diesldude
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Attacks that put down Poseidon, ok, elaborate on that.

What were those attacks?
There was a fight when the titans were freed. The Gods killed many Titans, but also suffered casualties, one of them was Poseidon. Zeus was hit multiple times by the same weapons that brought down other Gods including Poseidon.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He went into the Odin Sleep because he put it off for too long, not because he had a heart attack.

Death was too strong a word. Odin Sleep it was but i don't think it was a lowball because his "Son" LOKI defied him and broke his heart. Odin was made really honorable, he loved his sons, treated Loki equally and then cast Thor down to make him a better person. Much respect to Anthony Hopkins for the way be portrayed a majestic Odin.

juggerman
Poseidon survived. He was beat down but he survived

NemeBro
The gods in Immortals are pussies.

Odin on the other hand can apparently manipulate Dark Matter, replicating a similar amount of energy as the Bifrost to send Thor to Earth under his own power.

Silent Master
I agree, sending someone across dimensions seems much more impressive than anything from the Immortals movie.

quanchi112
Why do people insist on spelling Zeus incorrectly over and over again.

Sin I AM
Lol another fail thread

Colossus-Big C
The gods in immortals showed super speed in combat
Odin did not.

KingD19
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Odin did not.

Odin doesn't have to. He blasts him with Gungnir as soon as the fight starts. Superspeed against regular folks don't let him dodge an energy blast.

Silent Master
Odin did not.

So low-level superspeed makes someome more powerful than the ability to send a person between dimensions?

Originally posted by ozz81
Zues from Immortals movie vs Odin from Thor movie , in your opinion who do you reckon seems more powerfull how and why?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Diesldude
There was a fight when the titans were freed. The Gods killed many Titans, but also suffered casualties, one of them was Poseidon. Zeus was hit multiple times by the same weapons that brought down other Gods including Poseidon. Immotals Zeus was weak Odin 's gungir would most likely one shot him

Raptor22
Id go with zeus. He showed more powers that would help in combat than odin showed. Odin sent Thor across dimensions but it completely drained him and we dont know how long it took or what went onto doing it, so it doesnt seem very combat effective. Other than that he didnt really do anything. We could take Thor's feats and say he's above that but I don't think Thor was even as impressive as Apollo and Zeus one shotted him with a stick he grabbed from the fire. Zeus also showed a high level of combat skill in his fights, great strength by pulling the mountain down, great damage soak from being unharmed in his fight with the titans, the ability to instantly create weapons out of a basically nothing that can kill a god, and can transform at will. And the olympians combat speed was shown to be far higher. Plus Odin seemed old and frail.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Raptor22
Id go with zeus. He showed more powers that would help in combat than odin showed. Odin sent Thor across dimensions but it completely drained him and we dont know how long it took or what went onto doing it, so it doesnt seem very combat effective. Other than that he didnt really do anything. We could take Thor's feats and say he's above that but I don't think Thor was even as impressive as Apollo and Zeus one shotted him with a stick he grabbed from the fire. Zeus also showed a high level of combat skill in his fights, great strength by pulling the mountain down, great damage soak from being unharmed in his fight with the titans, the ability to instantly create weapons out of a basically nothing that can kill a god, and can transform at will. And the olympians combat speed was shown to be far higher. Plus Odin seemed old and frail. Odin was see as Old and frail because of him not entering the Odin Sleep and we don't know it tranporting Thor to earth drained Odin a little or a lot just Loki's statment. IMO the destoryer from the Movie would wreck the immortal version of Zeus and Thor was show to be above the destroyer and Odin even more so.....

eaebiakuya
I say Odin. He showed power when he owned Laufey in the Thor movie. And it was a omnidirecional beam.

Silent Master
Zeus' skill showing was nowhere near as impressive as Thor's owning the hell out of the Ice Giants and later the Shield agents. also Zeus didn't pull down a mountain, he pulled down the pillars that were supporting the roof of the cave they were in.

As for his damage soak, those Titans had zero feats so being unharmed by them is hardly impressive.

basilisk
Probably Odin. Immortals was pretty forgettable but the only thing I remember Zeus has going for him is the speed feats.

Maybe Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief Zeus instead! That was Brosnan wasn't it? So automatically cooler.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Silent Master
Zeus' skill showing was nowhere near as impressive as Thor's owning the hell out of the Ice Giants and later the Shield agents. also Zeus didn't pull down a mountain, he pulled down the pillars that were supporting the roof of the cave they were in.

As for his damage soak, those Titans had zero feats so being unharmed by them is hardly impressive. Thor didn't show much skill in those fights he was basically brawling. The ice giants dont have any feats either so why does thor beating them impress u? Hell Odin doesn't have any feats and people are giving him the win.

Raptor22
Originally posted by basilisk
Probably Odin. Immortals was pretty forgettable but the only thing I remember Zeus has going for him is the speed feats.

Maybe Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief Zeus instead! That was Brosnan wasn't it? So automatically cooler. Zeus in Percy Jackson was played by sean bean, Brosnan was the centaur. I jusy realised that they were both in golden eye also. Brosnan was bond and Bean was trevlan.

ares834
Zeus' skill showing was nowhere near as impressive as Thor's owning the hell out of the Ice Giants and later the Shield agents.

no expression

You're kidding right. Thor's "owning" of the agents wasn't even close to as impressive as any of the gods in Immortals. With that said his showing against the frost Giants was far more impressive.

KuRuPT Thanosi

As for his damage soak, those Titans had zero feats so being unharmed by them is hardly impressive.

Are you in idiot mode again? Do you know who and what Titans are?

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you in idiot mode again? Do you know who and what Titans are?

Have you actually seen the movie in question?

KuRuPT Thanosi
So is that a NO or a YES.. If it's a yes.. you should know they don't need feats in the movies... just based on who and what they are.. that carries some credentials. Odin didn't do jack squat in the movies that was the least bit impressive. Yet, we know who Odin is and the feats and power he is capable of.. The same applies to TItans.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
no expression

You're kidding right. Thor's "owning" of the agents wasn't even close to as impressive as any of the gods in Immortals. With that said his showing against the frost Giants was far more impressive.

Sure it was, as he beat them without the massive speed advantage the gods from immortals had.

Silent Master
So is that a NO or a YES.. If it's a yes.. you should know they don't need feats in the movies... just based on who and what they are.. that carries some credentials. Odin didn't do jack squat in the movies that was the least bit impressive. Yet, we know who Odin is and the feats and power he is capable of.. The same applies to TItans.

Actually, they do need feats...that's how debates work.

janus77
Neither were that impressive in the movies but Liam Neeson > Anthony Hopkins.

Whatever Odin does, just leave his daughter the **** alone no

Reminds me, must find my copy of Michael Collins... fantastic movie.

KingD19
Originally posted by janus77
Neither were that impressive in the movies but Liam Neeson > Anthony Hopkins.

Whatever Odin does, just leave his daughter the **** alone no

Reminds me, must find my copy of Michael Collins... fantastic movie.

That's Zeus from Clash/Wrath of the Titans. He was far more powerful than Immortals Zeus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually, they do need feats...that's how debates work.

So tell me the feats of the Frost Giants

Silent Master
So tell me the feats of the Frost Giants

The Titans had zero speed and strength feats, the only reason they beat any of the gods was because they overwhelemed them with numbers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The Titans had zero speed and strength feats, the only reason they beat any of the gods was because they overwhelemed them with numbers.

You do know how to answer questions right? Can I see the feats of the Frost Giants that Thor beat please

Raptor22
The Titans had zero speed and strength feats, the only reason they beat any of the gods was because they overwhelemed them with numbers. Odin and the frost giants have zero feats period. Odin was frail and weak. U might say that's because he needed the Odin sleep, but that's the only version we saw, that's the Odin from the movie, and that's the Odin in this thread, an old tired Odin who didn't do anything and needs a nap.

Colossus-Big C
What if this was clash of the titans zeus?

Mods, change the OP to "clash of the titans zeus"

Silent Master
Odin and the frost giants have zero feats period. Odin was frail and weak. U might say that's because he needed the Odin sleep, but that's the only version we saw, that's the Odin from the movie, and that's the Odin in this thread, an old tired Odin who didn't do anything and needs a nap.

Odin also sent Thor to Earth under his own power in the Avengers, that dwarfs anything from the Immortals movie.

Plus he depowered Thor and his enchantment on Mjolnir was so strong that the Hulk couldn't even budge it.

TheGodKiller
Odin and the frost giants have zero feats period. Odin was frail and weak. U might say that's because he needed the Odin sleep, but that's the only version we saw, that's the Odin from the movie, and that's the Odin in this thread, an old tired Odin who didn't do anything and needs a nap.
Well , he did prevent Thor and Loki from falling into the that spacio-temporal abyss which was created by the Bifrost Bridge's destruction .

Also , IIRC , then he saved their @$$es during the start of the movie from the Frost Giants .

TheGodKiller
Odin also sent Thor to Earth under his own power in the Avengers, that dwarfs anything from the Immortals movie.

Plus he depowered Thor and his enchantment on Mjolnir was so strong that the Hulk couldn't even budge it.
Did Hulk actually try to lift Mjolnir in the movie ? I don't remember , so a reference to that particular scene would be great .

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Did Hulk actually try to lift Mjolnir in the movie ? I don't remember , so a reference to that particular scene would be great .

Yep, it was during the hellicarrier fight.

TheGodKiller
Yep, it was during the hellicarrier fight.
You know what ? You're right . He does it at 0:38 here :
6Attt4dVu0U

Silent Master
I looked on youtube for it, but all the vids showed as being removed....I must not have used the right search terms.

Anyway, that enchantment took Odin all of a few seconds to cast during the Thor movie and it was stronger than the Hulk, now that is some serious power.

Raptor22

Plus he depowered Thor and his enchantment on Mjolnir was so strong that the Hulk couldn't even budge it. even if teleporting thor was as impressive as ur making it seem, it drained him and he just came out of the odin sleep. also Zeus and the other gods teleported from olympus to earth multiple times with ease, so i dont see it being much of a factor. odin creatin mjolnir is badass but we dont know what went into making it or how long it took, and the gods created that badass bow and Zeus made a wepon capable of 1 shotting a god with a stick he grabbed out of the fire. Taking the power back from Thor isnt that impressive since he gave it to him. it would be like galactus taking surfers powers back. Also Volstag tanked a hit from a frost giant then 1 shot him with a with a head butt, they seemed kind of pathetic.

TheGodKiller
I looked on youtube for it, but all the vids showed as being removed....I must not have used the right search terms.

You probably used the wrong keywords . Just type "hulk vs thor avengers movie" in Google or Youtube's search engine , and the clip I posted will come up among the top results of your search .

Colossus-Big C

Plus he depowered Thor and his enchantment on Mjolnir was so strong that the Hulk couldn't even budge it. The immortals come and go to earth freely under there own powers confused

Raptor22

Anyway, that enchantment took Odin all of a few seconds to cast during the Thor movie and it was stronger than the Hulk, now that is some serious power. didnt that spell only make it so that if someone was worthy they would get the power of thor? didnt mjolnir have its other enchantments/powers before that?

Silent Master
The immortals come and go to earth freely under there own powers confused

Their home wasn't shown or stated to be in another dimension. Hell Posiden jumped off Olympus and landed in the ocean

Silent Master
even if teleporting thor was as impressive as ur making it seem, it drained him and he just came out of the odin sleep. also Zeus and the other gods teleported from olympus to earth multiple times with ease, so i dont see it being much of a factor. odin creatin mjolnir is badass but we dont know what went into making it or how long it took, and the gods created that badass bow and Zeus made a wepon capable of 1 shotting a god with a stick he grabbed out of the fire. Taking the power back from Thor isnt that impressive since he gave it to him. it would be like galactus taking surfers powers back. Also Volstag tanked a hit from a frost giant then 1 shot him with a with a head butt, they seemed kind of pathetic.

Teleporting Thor to Earth happened in the Avengers and there is no mention of it draining Odin or him having to go into Odin sleep.

Olympus in the Immortals movie wasn't shown or stated to be in another dimension.

Mjolnir's feats are 100x more impressive than anything that bow did and since the gods have zero feats of withstanding even human level weapons, Zeus creating a weapon to kill a fellow god is hardly impressive.

Giving someone Thor level powers would be just as impressive as taking them away, so I don't see what you were trying to prove with that comment.

Colossus-Big C
Their home wasn't shown or stated to be in another dimension. Hell Posiden jumped off Olympus and landed in the ocean Its in another dimension, other wise it would be floating over earth if that was the case.

Silent Master
Its in another dimension, other wise it would be floating over earth if that was the case.

It wasn't shown as being over the Earth, it was just in the sky.

Colossus-Big C
I take that back, I watched it again and it seems he jumped off a mountain.

Posiden showed he can control the oceans water in that movie, why counldnt he just flood the place the titans were in?

Also zeus didnt use any of his lightning powers, he could of fryed all of them from mount olympus.
Wtf

Silent Master
I take that back, I watched it again and it seems he jumped off a mountain.

Posiden showed he can control the oceans water in that movie, why counldnt he just flood the place the titans were in?

Also zeus didnt use any of his lightning powers, he could of fryed all of them from mount olympis.
Wtf

You mean other than the fact that they weren't near an ocean?

Colossus-Big C
You mean other than the fact that they weren't near an ocean? What about zeus and his lightning?

Raptor22
Teleporting Thor to Earth happened in the Avengers and there is no mention of it draining Odin or him having to go into Odin sleep. i meant that he just came out of the odin sleep at the end of the thor movie, so he was powered back up when he teleported thor. i thought either thor or loki said odin used all his power to get thor there and thats why they neede the cube to get back.

Silent Master
What about zeus and his lightning?

What about it?

i meant that he just came out of the odin sleep at the end of the thor movie, so he was powered back up when he teleported thor. i thought either thor or loki said odin used all his power to get thor there and thats why they neede the cube to get back.

Thor was sent to get the cube and Loki, I don't recall it being stated that Odin didn't have the power to teleport them back....however even in the one teleport drained Odin, teleporting someone to a different dimension is a far better power feat than anything Zeus did in his movie.

For that matter, so is granting/removing Thor's powers.

Colossus-Big C
Why didnt he blast the titans with his energy manipulation powers?

Raptor22
What about it?

Thor was sent to get the cube and Loki, I don't recall it being stated that Odin didn't have the power to teleport them back....however even in the one teleport drained Odin, teleporting someone to a different dimension is a far better power feat than anything Zeus did in his movie.

For that matter, so is granting/removing Thor's powers. i think one of them said it but i could be wrong. as far as Odin teleporting Thor being that impressive, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Silent Master
Why didnt he blast the titans with his energy manipulation powers?

As this thread is about power level, why does it matter. Unless you're trying to claim that his lightning is just as powerful as being able to transport someone between dimensions.

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why do people insist on spelling Zeus incorrectly over and over again.

You picked up on that one too huh?

Colossus-Big C
As this thread is about power level, why does it matter. Unless you're trying to claim that his lightning is just as powerful as being able to transport someone between dimensions. If he showed some energy projection it would more accurately show his"power level"

Colossus-Big C
Are we allowed to make movie versus matches here?

Can I make one?

Silent Master
If he showed some energy projection it would more accurately show his"power level"

Would it show his power level to be equal to someone that can teleport people between dimensions?

ares834
Would it show his power level to be equal to someone that can teleport people between dimensions?

That's cool and all but we don't know how he did it other than he used dark energy. Furthermore, it doesn't make him more powerful than Zeus. Odin still wins but not because of this "feat" that we know almost nothing about.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
That's cool and all but we don't know how he did it other than he used dark energy. Furthermore, it doesn't make him more powerful than Zeus. Odin still wins but not because of this "feat" that we know almost nothing about.

We know that he sent Thor to a different dimension.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.