Music Tips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

desilu
i couldn't find the old thread about music so i'm starting this one. Does anybody have any tips on a band we may like.
My tip: the group is called "Boy Hits Car" the cd is so-so but they have two great songs you can download rather then get the cd. the songs are "I'm a cloud" and "Man without skin"
the band is i guess you would say hardrock but not exactly too hard, i can't really explain it but it is good.

GordonSkywalker
What do you guys think of Queens of the Stone Age featuring Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters?

Tex
I like Queens of the Stone Age

Fitch
what about NightWish?they rock!

mah
at the moment I'm listening to The White Stripes' new album, Elephant, which is absolutely awesome

Thomas H
White Stripes SUCKS::.

Rage Against The Machine are the best!!

Thomas H
ehhh, let me reprhase that line...where the best!

GordonSkywalker
Anybody heard the album "By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers? That's an awesome collection! I got it for Christmas last year and must have played it like ten times or something!

Thomas H
RHCP are good....

Limp Bizkit are also cool!
Eminem has a lot of good songs..

mah
no more than you on the Village People's turkish bath tour 2003, lucy! evil face

Thomas H
hehe...actually, when you mention village people...I need to download YMCA on Kazaa....big grin

GordonSkywalker
Are the Foo Fighters doing another album?

Augeybana
Staind is my favorite band and I hate Emniem with a passion.Staind is the best though I like them so much whenI was in a sign lanuage class I did the whole song "Outside" in sign lanuage.

GordonSkywalker
Cool!

Captain REX
I'm an oddball and don't listen to bands much. I'm behind when it comes to cool music...

POD and Jars of Clay (both Christian bands) are pretty good bands.

ToMacco
Jars of Clay. They sing a song that I like a lot.

mah
you should all listen to Combatwoundedveteran's album "I Know a Girl Who Develops Crime Scene Photos"

Lara
try Linkin Park's new album: METEORA, its sooooooooo much better that Hybrid theory and Re-animation. its alot darker as well. cool

Asami
At the risk of getting verbally bashed...
I confess!!!

I've liked the Backstreet Boys ever since I was 14!!! Muahahahaa!!!
Now all beat me up with ors, yeah yeah! I'll still love u!

But THEN!! I also played classical piano when I was younger so nuhhh stick out tongue

Lara
I like the BBB, there aint nuthin wrong with that, I like a wide variety of music! big grin

mah
varied music taste is good, varied music taste consisting of Backstreet Boys and Linking Park; not so muchbig grin

Lara
it depends on what mood I'm in to what sort of music I'll listen to, but its mainly metal music I listen to!

mechmoggy
I've got the new Linkin Park album but I prefer the 1st at the moment. I've bought the White Stripes album today but haven't listened to it yet. In my car I'm mostly playing Zwan, which is kewl.

My tip for a new(ish) bands would be the "Yeah yeah yeahs", their song "Date with the night" rocks. My sister-in-law has borrowed me the new Placebo album today too, which I know I'll enjoy.

mah
im strongly awaiting Bent's new album The Everlasting Blink; which norwegian releasedate is constantly delayed

Bad Boy
My music is gonna be out soon! I'm currently building my website at www.kevinwilliams.vze.com

Oh yeh, BBB suck!

mah
also, it never hurts anyone to check out some of The Flaming Lips anytime either...they're great

Tex

Lara
! mech, the LP meteora album WILL grow on you!

mechmoggy
It's pretty much the same as the 1st from what I've heard, I'll listen to it more once it gets promoted to my car CD player.

I've listened to the White Stripes album a couple of times now and it rocks, "Q" magazine hails it as their best work to date and I think they're spot on with that assesment. cool

Thomas H
I THINK that Linkin Park is a Limp Bizkit wanabe!

mah
well its not worse than limp bizkit; that's impossible! but yeah, both are bad.

Lara
they are different, LB is more focused on the actual rap thing that they've got going on and LP are actually more involved in the true concept of singing.

Mech, METEORA is alot darker in lyrics and composition than Hybrid Theory. stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I was waiting for something new to blow me away but its much a muchness.

The yeah yeah yeahs song is so damn kewl. cool

Lara
neva heard of them!

mah
aaaaaaaaah, aphex twin is the greatest music composer since Mozart.

Lara
! huh

mah
he is

Lara
whoa! who are you talking about? and chance of a music applet? or midi file?

mah
I'm talking about the artist Aphex Twin, aka Richard D James

Lara
no

GordonSkywalker
Blur is one of my top favorite alternative bands. Me and my pals used to play their songs in our old garage band. By the way, Lara, everything's cool,ok? smile

Lara
huh you sure?

GordonSkywalker
Yes, I'm sure.

Lara
then why didnt you PM me back about it? you needed time to cool off or something?

GordonSkywalker
Yes. Want me to PM you right now or something?

Lara
you can if you want, but I'm not fussed at the moment. I'm not having a great day!

mechmoggy
Put The Strokes album on, it always makes me happier if I'm feeling low.

mah
Elephant is so far the album of the year, IMO

Member.
hm...albums...

GordonSkywalker
Music always makes me happy.

Lara
depends what mood I'm in!

Member.
i play the piano and the guitarbig grin, go me!!

narcil
....i like nickelback...and our lady peace... and great big sea. *lol* i like some avril lavigne songs, too--i don't' suppose you guys have heard of any of these?

GordonSkywalker
I know who Avril Lavigne and Nickelback are.

mechmoggy
Recently promoted the White Stripes album to my car CD player, it demoted The Music album back to the house.

Think I'll promote the Linkin Park album into the car this weekend, I'll probably replace some of the crap albums Mrs.MM has in the car, J-LO for instance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The rule is, my car so I get 4/6 of the CDs. stick out tongue

Member.
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Sounds like a real diplomatic solution there! laughing out loud

mah
everyone: download any mp3 of the artist Masonna

BackFire349
dredg is a great band.

mah
today's music tip: Lemon Jelly

mechmoggy
Lemon Jelly are pretty kewl.

I read the other day that Tim Burgess (the lead singer in the Charlatans) is releasing a solo album this year, there's my music tip before I've even heard it!

The Linkin Park album is growing on me, but I only really like tracks 2 and 4 so far. They should sack the naff rapper and let Chester scream a lot more, I'd like that better.

Novithiliel
NightWish, Within Temptation, After Forever, Therion, and more bands like that....always nice to listen to!

Julie
uh ...did you type in "music".....I think there's a really really old one floating around somewhere....but anyway...music is good, but I hardly listen to it often

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.