Is The Quran Racist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean

DARTH POWER
From Muhammad (pbuh's) last Sermon:

All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority over white; except by piety and good action.

Quran Surah 2 verse 177:

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but righteousness is one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask , and for freeing slaves; establishes prayer and gives zakah; fulfill their promise when they promise; and are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

^ One of the first believers in the Quran was Bilal a black slave.
Because the whole basis of belief in One GOD is that everyone's equal in front of him, black, white, slave or master. No matter the tribe, caste e.t.c. Every righteous person is to bow down together, in rows (as equals) to GOD alone.

So no clearly neither the Quran nor Muhammad(pbuh) were racist. On the contrary they broughT racial equality to the world 1400 years ago.

Anything suggesting otherwise are not referring to black people in general.
And as we can clearly see from Surah 2:177 I've quoted, The Quran only gives instructions to be good righteous human beings and believe in The One GOD.

Lord Lucien
Notice how Muhammad doesn't mention anything about Indians, Asians, or Aboriginals? I think the Prophet's racism is blatantly obvious by their omission.

DARTH POWER
I think "non-arab" kind of covers all the in-betweens.

But LOL anyway.

lil bitchiness
Mo's opinion on black Ethiopians -

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 662:

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief."

lil bitchiness
Oooh here's another one -

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oooh here's another one -

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

So his opinion is to treat a ruler who was a black slave just the same as you would treat any other ruler.

That's great. I've already posted Muhammad's final sermon explicitly stating there's no racism allowed for Muslims. Blacks, whites, arabs, non-arabs all equal in Islam. It's a religion than transcends Race, Tribes and Nationality.

/THREAD.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
That's great. I've already posted Muhammad's final sermon explicitly stating there's no racism allowed for Muslims. Blacks, whites, arabs, non-arabs all equal in Islam. It's a religion than transcends Race, Tribes and Nationality. Well... these days...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.