Cancerverse vs Evil and the Supernatural

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Instead of Galactus, the Celestials, heralds, T & A, the galactic fleets etc showing up to defend the universe, this time the forces of evil and the supernatural are the ones who form an alliance to fight the forces of the Cancerverse at the Fault:

Round 1:

Mephisto
Satannish
Chthon
Zom
Set
Demogorge
All Earth pantheon Skyfathers and Hell Lords (Pluto, Hela etc)
Dormammu
Cyttorak and the rest of the Octessence (Balthakk, Farallah, Ikonn, Krakkan, Raggadorr, Valtorr, Watoomb)
Gaea
The Dweller in Darkness
The Vishanti - Agamotto, Hoggoth, Oshtur
Surtur with Twilight Sword
DarkChylde Magik
Archenemy
Nightmare
Zarathos
Blackheart
Asteroth

Round 2 - if the supernatural team doesn't cut it they can also bring all their demon/warrior armies (if they have any) to the battle.

Round 3 - if that still isn't enough add in all the forces seen fighting against the Archenemy in the Magik series.

CortSether
Many-Angled Ones + Galactus Engine + lesser Angled Ones slaughter in Round 1 and 2. Didn't read Magik series so I don't know about Round 3.

zopzop
WTF, is that the Archenemy from the Magik series on Team Supernatural? They slaughter the Cancerverse.

The rest of the Team isn't even needed.

Endless Mike
Asteroth could eat the Cancerverse if her power is allowed to grow enough

Marvel_Mystic
^^ Galactus Engine alone would slaughter Archenemy. Best feat Archenemy had was besting Dormammu.

zopzop
Originally posted by Marvel_Mystic
^^ Galactus Engine alone would slaughter Archenemy. Best feat Archenemy had was besting Dormammu.
Somone didn't read the Magik series did they? cool

Marvel_Mystic
Originally posted by zopzop
Somone didn't read the Magik series did they? cool

I did, and aside from Dormammu, Archenemy only slaughtered cannon fodder beings - Surtur, Mephisto, Nightmare, and thousands of unnamed lesser demons. Basically, it kicked the ass of those who would also get annihilated by the MAOs of the Cancerverse.

zopzop
I did, and aside from Dormammu, Archenemy only slaughtered cannon fodder beings - Surtur, Mephisto, Nightmare, and thousands of unnamed lesser demons. Basically, it kicked the ass of those who would also get annihilated by the MAOs of the Cancerverse.
http://holykkphils.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/facepalm.gif

Marvel_Mystic
Care to actually post an argument instead of random gifs? Let's not play the smart alec game.

zopzop
Care to actually post an argument instead of random gifs? Let's not play the smart alec game.
Mephisto stalemated Galactus in his realm, till Galactus broke off the assault and attempted to devour Mephisto's hell. Mephisto didn't know how to respond to that attack, so he let Galactus and his heralds go.

Mephisto and crew RAN from Archenemy. Even in his own hell, Mephisto didn't dare mount an assault. He ran for his life as Archenemy devoured his Hell. Archenemy destroyed Surtur, Muspel, and extinguished the Eternal Flame. Archenemy destroyed/wrecked the Dark Dimension and Dormammu ran for his life.

Archenemy was wrecking Hell Lords in their own realms AND destroying said realms. Toward the end, EVERY HELL LORD IN THE UNIVERSE was gathered against him. If they didn't find and destroy his source of power, they would have been annihilated.

Marvel_Mystic
Mephisto stalemated Galactus in his realm, till Galactus broke off the assault and attempted to devour Mephisto's hell. Mephisto didn't know how to respond to that attack, so he let Galactus and his heralds go.

Mephisto and crew RAN from Archenemy. Even in his own hell, Mephisto didn't dare mount an assault. He ran for his life as Archenemy devoured his Hell. Archenemy destroyed Surtur, Muspel, and extinguished the Eternal Flame. Archenemy destroyed/wrecked the Dark Dimension and Dormammu ran for his life.

Archenemy was wrecking Hell Lords in their own realms AND destroying said realms. Toward the end, EVERY HELL LORD IN THE UNIVERSE was gathered against him. If they didn't find and destroy his source of power, they would have been annihilated.

Mephisto actually attacked Archenemy before being forced to run away. In any case, he's been stomped by a standard Galactus and Archenemy.

Don't see how that makes Archenemy > Cancerverse. Galactus couldn't even do anything to the Galactus Engine and various Celestials and Abstracts had to be involved in the conflict. Archenemy was beating Hell Lords and other gods who are inferior to the Galactus Engine's power. Simply put, the MAO's got the attention of bigger dogs than Archenemy did. Far bigger threat.

zopzop
Mephisto actually attacked Archenemy before being forced to run away. In any case, he's been stomped by a standard Galactus and Archenemy.
He fired off an initial attack then realized he was going to get nowhere and ran with his tail between his legs. Compare this to how his showdown with Galactus went down.

Also, when did Galactus "stomp" Mephisto?

Vs a common foe in the same environment, Archenemy did better than Galactus. Archenemy didn't need to feed on Hell in order to break a stalemate with Mephisto like Galactus did. In fact, Mephisto abandoned his own realm and fled.

Archenemy was stomping Hell Lords in their realms where their power is near absolute.

janus77
MAO stomp.

guy222
archenemy

Branlor Swift
I like how Mephisto is judged only off of his best feat by far.

Instead of when he had trouble with Thor, got soundly beaten by Adam Warlock, had problems with Surfer. Etc.

And it wasn't just stalemating Galactus either, he also decimated Surfer as well, something that just doesn't jive with his history against Surfer. That was Mephisto at his absolute best, not an average.

Horrificus
Cancerverse is defeated in all 3. This team is better fit for the invasion than the actual team that defended.

Horrificus
Originally posted by janus77
MAO stomp. I think it's funny when people are wrong and I am right and they blurt their opinions and look silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheGodKiller
The Elder Gods and the Octessence could give a good account of themselves to the the MAO's .
Don't know how Archenemy will fare against the GE though .

The rest of the team are mostly cannon fodder in this thread .

Marvel_Mystic
Originally posted by Horrificus
I think it's funny when people are wrong and I am right and they blurt their opinions and look silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh how hilarious.

Anyone who thinks the team has a chance in hell against the MAO's is deluded. Cancerverse Galactus Engine could solo.

Horrificus
Oh how hilarious.

Anyone who thinks the team has a chance in hell against the MAO's is deluded. Cancerverse Galactus Engine could solo. I think it's humorous when a member thinks that Galactus Engine can solo. But, also, it makes me feel sad for them, because the flaw in thinking might actually be due to an infestation of fecal parasites nesting in their "nether regions". sad

No... I'm pretty sure that's funny too! laughing

CortSether
Mephisto = LOLCannon fodder
Satannish = LOLCannon fodder
Chthon = LOLCannon fodder
Zom = LOLCannon fodder
Set = Cannon fodder
Demogorge = Cannon fodder
All Earth pantheon Skyfathers and Hell Lords = LOLCannon fodder
Dormammu = won't be enough
Cyttorak and the rest of the Octessence = LOLCannon fodder
Gaea = Cannon fodder
The Dweller in Darkness = Cannon fodder
The Vishanti = put up fight, but not quite
Surtur with Twilight Sword = LOLCannon fodder
DarkChylde Magik = Cannon fodder
Nightmare = LOLCannon fodder
Zarathos = LOLCannon fodder
Blackheart = LOLCannon fodder
Asteroth = cannon fodder
Archenemy - read his profile on Marvunapp... nothing MAO's can't handle

Sabro
Team 2 in overkill.

CortSether
Originally posted by Sabro
Team 2 in overkill. eek!

No.

TheGodKiller

Vs a common foe in the same environment, Archenemy did better than Galactus. Archenemy didn't need to feed on Hell in order to break a stalemate with Mephisto like Galactus did. In fact, Mephisto abandoned his own realm and fled.

Archenemy was stomping Hell Lords in their realms where their power is near absolute.
All that is nice and good , but the thing is that he's facing the Galactus Engine in this thread , not Galactus himself .
While Archenemy's showings against hell-lords is impressive , the GE caused an entire host of Celestials to retreat . According to you , which of the two is more impressive ?

Colossus-Big C
Archenemeny beat those hellords because he was completely invinerable to magic, Literally. He absorbed the knowledge of all magic in hte universe and was immune to it.

If the galactus engine is magic, in theory it cant hurt archenemy.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by CortSether
Mephisto = LOLCannon fodder
Satannish = LOLCannon fodder
Chthon = LOLCannon fodder
Zom = LOLCannon fodder
Set = Cannon fodder
Demogorge = Cannon fodder
All Earth pantheon Skyfathers and Hell Lords = LOLCannon fodder
Dormammu = won't be enough
Cyttorak and the rest of the Octessence = LOLCannon fodder
Gaea = Cannon fodder
The Dweller in Darkness = Cannon fodder
The Vishanti = put up fight, but not quite
Surtur with Twilight Sword = LOLCannon fodder
DarkChylde Magik = Cannon fodder
Nightmare = LOLCannon fodder
Zarathos = LOLCannon fodder
Blackheart = LOLCannon fodder
Asteroth = cannon fodder
Archenemy - read his profile on Marvunapp... nothing MAO's can't handle Cannon fodder?

You have people like thor, thanos, and marvell who were kicking cancerverse ass confused confused

I think your underestimating this team here.

Sabro
Originally posted by CortSether
eek!

No.

You right , we only need Strange with a little prep eek!

Horrificus
People really give the Cancerverse more credit than it deserves.
And, the Galactus Engine, while scary, didn't do all that much.

the ninjak
Why do we assume the MAOs where simply magical beings and not more.

They defeated a dimensional Death. And therefore were immune to dying.

Most of the fodder that were flying out were fodder tentacles and although powerful beings could burn and tear the flesh and remnants simply grew back. Didn't Celestials fall?

Pym hinted at during his leadership in his Mighty Avengers arc that he endeavored into discovering the link between magic and science. A higher power.
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Archenemeny beat those hellords because he was completely invinerable to magic, Literally. He absorbed the knowledge of all magic in hte universe and was immune to it.

Cept these creatures aren't just magic. and the Galactus Engine, who was a possessed Galactus weaponized isn't obviously solely magic either.
Cannon fodder?

You have people like thor, thanos, and marvell who were kicking cancerverse ass confused confused

Surfer and Nova, well, the Annihilators completely struggled against the MAOs. And had to escape.

No one was owning the MAOs cept Thanos who was their Kryptonite.

Unless Team 1 is going into the Fault and handling the threat from within, finding a way to bring Death back into that Universe the threat is just going to chisel away at the team until either they die or escape.

Unless Lady Death ordains one of these guys her Death Avatar I see hell to pay......literally.

vince_slice
Cannon fodder?

Thor was never in Thanos Imperative and Mar-Vell was on the bad guy's side. laughing

iceman24567
Cannon fodder?

I think your underestimating this team here. What? Abstracts and cosmic charcaters were barely holding their own against the cancerverse

the ninjak
Did Colossus even read the Thanos Imperative?

Assuming that Marvell was a hero and Thor being a player is surely madness.
Especially since both from their universe were possessed by the MAOs.

zopzop
Originally posted by the ninjak
Lord Mar-vell, the MAOs main man, was heavily steeped in MAGIC and casting SPELLS invoking their name.

Archenemy will annihilate the entire Cancerverse by his lonesome, he devours magic.

CortSether
Archenemy will annihilate the entire Cancerverse by his lonesome, he devours magic.

laughing

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by the ninjak

They defeated a dimensional Death. And therefore were immune to dying.

Most of the fodder that were flying out were fodder tentacles and although powerful beings could burn and tear the flesh and remnants simply grew back. Didn't Celestials fall?

Pym hinted at during his leadership in his Mighty Avengers arc that he endeavored into discovering the link between magic and science. A higher power.

Cept these creatures aren't just magic. and the Galactus Engine, who was a possessed Galactus weaponized isn't obviously solely magic either.

Surfer and Nova, well, the Annihilators completely struggled against the MAOs. And had to escape.

No one was owning the MAOs cept Thanos who was their Kryptonite.

Unless Team 1 is going into the Fault and handling the threat from within, finding a way to bring Death back into that Universe the threat is just going to chisel away at the team until either they die or escape.

Unless Lady Death ordains one of these guys her Death Avatar I see hell to pay......literally.
The only Abstract who "fell" in that arc was Aegis . The Celestials and most of the other Abstracts(except Galactus) retreated .

the ninjak
Lord Mar-vell, the MAOs main man, was heavily steeped in MAGIC and casting SPELLS invoking their name.

Lord Mar-vell was a frontman and yes performed spells but also performed feats that without magic that held the Annihilators at bay.

Didn't stop fodder from taking down those on the fault. And a hero from doing this.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/th2.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/th3.jpg
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/th4.jpg

TheGodKiller

The Galactus Engine was a weaponized Galactus(of the cancerverse) . I con't recall anything being mentioned about it being a magical being or having magic-based abilities .

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by vince_slice
Thor was never in Thanos Imperative and Mar-Vell was on the bad guy's side. laughing Correction, Beta Ray Bill.

basilisk
Mephisto gave Galactus one hell of a fight before Galactus changed tactics and started absorbing the life energy of the hell dimension. It was causing destruction across entire solar systems outside Mephisto's dimension, with inhabited planets shown being destroyed on panel, i.e not just hyperbole. Mephisto is damn powerful when he just cuts loose and isn't having to worry about capturing "good" souls through trickery.

And Mephisto is probably far from the most powerful in the lineup.

Agamotto was no slouch against Galactus either.

The Cancerverse beings were using spells and magic rituals and walking around with pentagrams on them, they seemed to be at least partially magic based or magic users. So the Archenemy may have one up on them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.