Boring...........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
We've seen "annoying" (nice thread btw).

Who is the most Boring character in comics?

What I mean is who has the dullest powerset or always reacts the same old tired way to everything?

Who is so predictable that you could write their dialogue in your sleep?

I go Wolverine on this.... Brood and regenerate, with a few "bub's" in for color.... he hasn't been interesting since the whole Jean Grey thing.

Colossus-Big C
PR Beyonder
Rhino
Blob
Wolverine at times

carver9
Let's see what Sin and Pillar vote is going to be.

Jynocidus
Superman

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Let's see what Sin and Pillar vote is going to be.

Don't namedrop.

--

As for the thread, I don't think there are really that many inherently boring characters; just bad writers.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Don't namedrop.

--

As for the thread, I don't think there are really that many inherently boring characters; just bad writers.

Aquaman?

Endless Mike
Dream of the Endless - according to Mr. Mxyzptlk, at least

TheGodKiller
Boyscout characters .

CortSether
Wonderwoman.

TheGodKiller
Superman .

TheGodKiller
Thanos .

-Pr-
Aquaman?

What about him?

TheGodKiller
Hulk .

Stoic
Swamp Thing top of the list boring.

Mindset
What about him? He sucks.

Damborgson
Groot

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-91zbN7uof_Q/UALYu7lfcMI/AAAAAAAABN8/qsGp-oEdZKw/s1600/groot+thanos.JPG

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Stoic
Swamp Thing top of the list boring.

pWdd6_ZxX8c

Jynocidus
Lucifer Morningstar

tkitna
Black Bolt laughing out loud

Digi
Hulk. Not trolling. Cap.

Predictable doesn't necessarily = boring, especially when various interactions provide nuance as they interact with different characters and personalities.

lol at Groot and BB.

Stoic
@ Mike. Could you imagine a comic with the Swamp Thing in it? He would stand there the entire time, crickets would be cricking, you would hear the sound of water, a pin drop, a plane passing overhead, and still nothing. He would just stand there looking constipated until.... duh duh duh!!! Someone gets scared, which could take an entire year, because how many people go out walking to swamps on a daily? He's a turd waiting for the flush. Swamp Thing actually moving should be considered CIS.

Oh wait a sec, he gets beat out for supreme boringness by Tiamut. Sorry Guy, but the dude just stands there like the Lincoln Memorial.

pym-ftw
Reed Richards

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by tkitna
Black Bolt laughing out loud '

Dafuq

Diesldude
Green arrow. I read enough about robin hood in grade school. LOL

JakeTheBank
Batgod.

carver9
What about him?

Boring?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Stoic
*snip*

You have so obviously never read a Swamp Thing comic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Jynocidus
Lucifer Morningstar Lucifer is interesting as hell

JakeTheBank
I see what you did there.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
He sucks.

In your dreams, I'm sure he does.

Boring?

lol no.

Mindset

lol no. Yes, in my dreams he is still a horrible character.

Sin I AM
Lol @ Carver honestly like I've said before hulk was my favorite character until wwh..planet hulk was the pinnacle for me. And it's not him as a character its the shitty writers who suck at life and can't write decent stories.

I really feel there are no boring characters just lazy writers

Jynocidus
Mr Majestic

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol @ Carver honestly like I've said before hulk was my favorite character until wwh..planet hulk was the pinnacle for me. And it's not him as a character its the shitty writers who suck at life and can't write decent stories.

I really feel there are no boring characters just lazy writers

You didn't like Planet Hulk?.......fair enough.

-Pr-
Hulk just needs a good writer to come in. Ever since Planet Hulk ended it's just been like the writer's sole purpose was to make him as powerful as possible, without actually giving a damn about personality or writing decent stories.

Kazenji
Hulk just needs a good writer to come in. Ever since Planet Hulk ended it's just been like the writer's sole purpose was to make him as powerful as possible, without actually giving a damn about personality or writing decent stories.

Well its not like that with Jason Aaron writing....hasn't exactly gone out of his way to make him more powerful.

JakeTheBank

Pak's retconing all of Hulk's rampages to be "holding bacK" even though Hulk clearly wanted to kill people during some of them was pretty ridiculous, imo.

I thought Planet Hulk was one of the better stories I've read concerning Hulk.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well its not like that with Jason Aaron writing....hasn't exactly gone out of his way to make him more powerful.

Is that book still going? It's like nobody ever talks about it.

JakeTheBank
Is that book still going? It's like nobody ever talks about it.

There's a reason for that, too. The second Hulk breaks a world again, I'm sure the book will be all the rage.

Kazenji
Yeah its still going

I've been enjoying it regardless of what other folks think of it on this site

Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

I go Wolverine on this.... Brood and regenerate, with a few "bub's" in for color.... he hasn't been interesting since the whole Jean Grey thing.

When was the last time you actually read anything to do with him?

Jynocidus
The Primal Monitor

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
There's a reason for that, too. The second Hulk breaks a world again, I'm sure the book will be all the rage.

Naturally. God forbid Hulk wasn't battle-boarded to death.

Kazenji
So thats why people aren't talking about that book on here because he's not destroying enough things like Red Hulk erm

i suppose thats a good thing.

Badabing
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Hulk . Originally posted by Digi
Hulk. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Batgod.

TheGodKiller
Dr Doom .

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Dr Doom .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zSMVm0bY1MQ/UAWANsTh1QI/AAAAAAAAB7w/Yp-0FHaZoko/s1600/gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Kazenji
You didn't like Planet Hulk?.......fair enough. loved it, it was the last good hulk book. Everything else is trash

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zSMVm0bY1MQ/UAWANsTh1QI/AAAAAAAAB7w/Yp-0FHaZoko/s1600/gladiator-thumbs-down.gif
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/you+mad+bro_edb36c_3429172.jpg

carver9

lol no.

I really don't believe you are serious when you say you like Aquaman. It just can't be forreal. That's like me saying I like "The Blob" or Avalanche.

-Pr-
I really don't believe you are serious when you say you like Aquaman. It just can't be forreal. That's like me saying I like "The Blob" or Avalanche.

That's because you don't read Aquaman comics.

carver9
That's because you don't read Aquaman comics.

I have tried but I can't...not an interesting character. Not downing you PR but you can't be serious. I can understand Cyclops, I can understand Superman or Colossus but Aquaman, hell no.

Black bolt z
"He can breathe underwater and talk to fish. He has all the same powers as spongebob" - Jeff Dunham.

Flawless debating skills right there.

-Pr-
I have tried but I can't...not an interesting character. Not downing you PR but you can't be serious. I can understand Cyclops, I can understand Superman or Colossus but Aquaman, hell no.

Considering you like Gladiator, I don't really see how you have any high ground from which to slate a character that's far more impressive in most ways.

carver9
Considering you like Gladiator, I don't really see how you have any high ground from which to slate a character that's far more impressive in most ways.

Lol...so you mad?

Gladiator and Superman are similar. confused the only difference is one is purple and the other is Caucasian.

-Pr-
Lol...so you mad?

Gladiator and Superman are similar. confused the only difference is one is purple and the other is Caucasian.

Not really. Just waiting for you to actually have a point.

lol, sure they are. Except for all the vast differences and Gladiator's general inferiority.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM
loved it, it was the last good hulk book. Everything else is trash

Agreed. It's my favorite Hulk mini series.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Black bolt z
"He can breathe underwater and talk to fish. He has all the same powers as spongebob" - Jeff Dunham.

Flawless debating skills right there.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mhtmnTRT1r0b2j5o1_500.png

-Pr-
Just in case anyone is wondering...

Mindset
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgqg1zDfPG1qzvnpdo1_500.jpg

I actually do like Aquaman.

Pr, can you make this into a sig for me?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgqg1zDfPG1qzvnpdo1_500.jpg

I actually do like Aquaman.

Pr, can you make this into a sig for me?

Sure. Right after you admit you're wrong.

Mindset
Montage it like yours, use this one too.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/dcmoment59b.jpg

Estacado
Cap.

Nihilist
Hulk
Dr Doom
Superman

Badabing
I really don't believe you are serious when you say you like Aquaman. It just can't be forreal. That's like me saying I like "The Blob" or Avalanche. I used to feel the same about AM. But his new book is good.Originally posted by Estacado
Cap. I expected as much from a damn Ruskie! capameridur

I'm voting Hawkman.

Estacado
Originally posted by Badabing
I used to feel the same about AM. But his new book is good. I expected as much from a damn Ruskie! capameridur

I'm voting Hawkman.
It's hungarian....uhuh

Sin I AM
AM isn't really that bad..I love his powerset and abilities

-Pr-
i challenge anyone to read Peter David's run on Aquaman and end up not thinking it was a good book.

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Dream of the Endless - according to Mr. Mxyzptlk, at least

Daniel is kind of less interesting than Morpheus. ^_^;

DarkSaint85
DCnU Cap Atom, so far.

Same with Hawkman, but that may be Robs fault.

Spiderman.

8swords
Don't namedrop.

--

totally agree with PR,

golem370
EYE SCREAM- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/iscrm.htm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.