Could Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What if Wonder Woman rapped her Lasso around Thanos at super speed...rapped it enough that his arms was pinned to his side. Would Thanos be helpless or will he be able to break free?

DarkSaint85
Would Thanos be able to break the unbreakable lasso, and defy the undefiable commands?

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Would Thanos be able to break the unbreakable lasso, and defy the undefiable commands?

Was the lasso ever broken? I can't remember. I'm trying to recall her encounter with Konvikt as well.

golem370
Thanos broke out of a photon block

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/thanos2ii.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/thanos2ii.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Stoic
Was the lasso ever broken? I can't remember. I'm trying to recall her encounter with Konvikt as well.

The lasso has been broken for metaphysical reasons, i.e. when Diana denied the truth it broke on it's own, and it wasn't until she admitted that that she was able to repair it.

Queen of Fables also managed to kinda-sorta break it- she made one of her fables break it, but it was fine right after so it might have only appeared to have been broken, and when on the Queen herself she couldn't do anything on it. Queen of Fables for ya, really, that's what you get when a character is a living story.

No-one's ever broken it with pure strength, not even the likes of Doomsday, I'll note.

ColossusGrundy
I say no.

There may be another way of him getting out, but not by breaking it.

Sin I AM
bizarro has....but no.thanos shouldn't b able to

pym-ftw
Sure I guess he's generally shown to be a high tran/Low skyfather (Avatar) I can see him breaking it in a comic

Branlor Swift
So what, WW with the lasso is rapping a funky rhyme at Thanos?

He's got a pretty solid way with words though, so besides the initial rap blitz that apparently pins him frozen in his tracks, I could see him laying down the law on her. He'd probably call her a dyke too.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
What if Wonder Woman rapped her Lasso around Thanos at super speed...rapped it enough that his arms was pinned to his side. Would Thanos be helpless or will he be able to break free? Originally posted by Branlor Swift

He's got a pretty solid way with words though, so besides the initial rap blitz that apparently pins him frozen in his tracks, I could see him laying down the law on her. He'd probably call her a dyke too.
lol

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I enjoy when you seriously debate and put time in your post. The good ole days.

Branlor Swift
I enjoy when you seriously debate and put time in your post. The good ole days. You mean when all you do is troll, and say shit like "you don't want none of this, I'm going to own you" all the while backing down.

I can see why you'd enjoy that.

carver9
You mean when all you do is troll, and say shit like "you don't want none of this, I'm going to own you" all the while backing down.

I can see why you'd enjoy that.

I miss those days. sad

Branlor Swift
I miss those days. sad Not my fault you made a thread about WW rapping.

carver9
Not my fault you made a thread about WW rapping.

Wrapping?

ColossusGrundy
Not my fault you made a thread about WW rapping.

OH! She's RAPPING!

If it's to Sir-Mix-a-Lot, she owns while Thanos is checkin her ass-ets.

Branlor Swift
What if Wonder Woman rapped her Lasso around Thanos at super speed...rapped it enough that his arms was pinned to his side. Would Thanos be helpless or will he be able to break free? Once is a mistake. Two?

Well, this is clearly a rap battle.

ColossusGrundy
Once is a mistake. Two?

Wonder if he'll go all Eminem on her.

Still think her best chance is "baby got back"

carver9
Once is a mistake. Two?

Lol...understandable. Good to see you online buddy.

basilisk
Paul Bunyan in Queen of Fables definitely broke it. He grabbed it out of Wonder Woman's hands and was clearly shown pulling it apart until it snapped then holding the two pieces afterwards.

Some very powerful beings like Titus seemed to be able to escape it with no apparent effect on them. I think maybe Doomsday as well, possibly Konvict. However they didn't break it.

I'm trying to remember what happened with Bizarro and whether he broke it and was it in continuity. Didn't think so but I'm not sure.

I don't think Thanos could break it. But I also doubt it's powers would affect him in any way other than as physical restraint. So he might eventually escape from it.

Estacado
No....but WWH could....

the ninjak
I don't think WW has any good rapping feats.

Estacado
Originally posted by the ninjak
I don't think WW has any good rapping feats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dSmctlEUZU

KuRuPT Thanosi
If Titus can break it and Konvict can break it... Thanos surely does

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
If Titus can break it and Konvict can break it... Thanos surely does
Neither titus nor konvickt broke the lasso.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It couldn't hold Titus or Konvict correct?

abhilegend
It couldn't hold Titus or Konvict correct?
Titus was immune to its effects and konvickt avoided the lasso not escaped from it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm confident that the will power of Thanos is above most in comics.. wouldn't you agree?

abhilegend
I'm confident that the will power of Thanos is above most in comics.. wouldn't you agree?
Titus was not immune because of his will, he was because he was more powerful than olympian gods. It is as admissable as a feat as slade rejecting lasso's power. The lasso has never lost its effect because someone was more powerful than olympian gods like darkseid and chronus. Its just PIS.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is it partially also based on will power?

psycho gundam
has anyone bound by the cable ever tried to rip it out of her dainty hands

JakeTheBank
When Diana lassos people, it's possible for them to escape or pull her towards them before she invokes the lasso's power.

Once the lasso is being used for compulsion or soul manipulation, it's next to impossible to resist.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ How do it use compulsion though is my question.. Is it a form of mind rape? Body Rape? How does it work for a compulsion victory?

JakeTheBank
It's a form of spiritual control, directly effecting the soul.

Consistently, unless you have no soul or your being contradicts the very nature of the concept of "truth", the lasso's power will effect you.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So will power has nothing to do with it.. Does Thanos being Death's Avatar mean he has no soul.. so to speak to effect? Is the Lasso more powerful than the soul gem controlled by Warlock... Warlock stated the Soul Suck wouldn't even work on Thanos because of how dark his soul was..

abhilegend
Is it partially also based on will power?
No.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So will power has nothing to do with it.. Does Thanos being Death's Avatar mean he has no soul.. so to speak to effect? Is the Lasso more powerful than the soul gem controlled by Warlock... Warlock stated the Soul Suck wouldn't even work on Thanos because of how dark his soul was..
Its so powerful that it brought universal reality changes once diana broke it by denying the truth it revealed.

Horrificus
What if Wonder Woman rapped her Lasso around Thanos at super speed...rapped it enough that his arms was pinned to his side. Would Thanos be helpless or will he be able to break free? Yer up to something with this thread. wink

comicfan11
He might able to free himself (teleport) but he ain't breaking the Golden Plot Device.

It is a genuine Skyfather forged weapon after all.

Kazenji
Could Thanos bake a cake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.