H2H Superman vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Stips:

Both characters are in a small, closed arena the size of a football field. SS can amp his physical stats with his power cosmic as much as he wants to the best of his power (Strength, speed and durability). Both contestants can use their speed. The SS can use his board as well to ride on, or hit Supes from behind (like he likes doing 5x every fight against Thor). No heat vision, no super breath, etc. Purely a physical contest. Superman is pre reboot version.

Who wins?

Cogito
Not SS

carver9
Could go either way...Silver Surfer has been looking very impressive h2h. If I had to give a majority, it would be Supes.

JakeTheBank
Surfer's hit Thor 5x times with his board in every fight they've had?

As for this thread, Superman clearly. Don't know how anyone could actually argue Norrin beating Superman in a physical brawl.

keiththegreat
I was exaggerating. It just seems like they over use that move.

Lord_Talron
supes for sure, theres just no arguing, unfortunately

abhilegend
Superman beats the shit out of him.

-Pr-
Superman. A physical matchup is one of the few arenas in which he outclasses Norrin.

PillarofOsiris
Superman caves in the Surfer's head.

Newjak
Goinf with Superman this is his niche of a fight.

DarkSaint85
Superman

JakeTheBank
This fight isn't spite in the sense that Surfer gets obliterated and can't muster up a decent offense/defense for a few moments, but, yeah, Superman does win this fight 10 out of 10 times convincingly.

Harbinger
Norrin gets murked.

Stoic
Norrin's embarrassment at the hands of the Runner came to mind the moment that I read the OP. Surfer gets pummeled if he fights in character, but I'm curious how well he would do if he were to operate, or fight as viciously as his Exiles counterpart?

Nihilist
Superman wins, but its nothing the stomp most are thinking.

@Stoic iirc Runner effected Surfer was his likeable aura

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Nihilist
@Stoic iirc Runner effected Surfer was his likeable aura Ya. Surfer was like "Do I fight him... or do I suck his dick?"

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman wins, but its nothing the stomp most are thinking.

@Stoic iirc Runner effected Surfer was his likeable aura

Good call, I forgot the full context of that fight. That being said, you're right, this is not a stomp at all.

CosmicComet
Superman.

Surfer may or may not be able to process Superman's movements, but he can't move his body or limbs at Superman's speeds.

carver9
Surfer can pull some wins.

Damborgson
Surfer gets the crap beaten out of him

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

If Superman underperforms, maybe.

janus77
Surfer's improved (mentally) when it comes to physical combat. Ever since Annihilation he's been a little more ruthless and focused when fighting. If he fought with resolve, then he'd pummel Superman no doubt, but CIS does deprive him of both will and intelligence.

Even before Annihilation, he fought and embarrassed Abomination with ease, he took Hulk's fiercest attacks with impunity... so he could definitely hang in there, no questions.

Right now, it depends, is he resolved like he was against T&A or BRB, in which case he wrecks Superman more often than not or are we to be charitable and take his performances against Thor as the only measure, in which case he loses more often than not.

Oh and current Surfer atomised some villain without a second thought, so I'm leaning to the former!

Surfer 6-7/10.

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Superman.

Surfer may or may not be able to process Superman's movements, but he can't move his body or limbs at Superman's speeds.

He can process his movements. No doubt about it. I guess he stands there watching every punch connect though. That will suck hard.

-Pr-
I can see Surfer beating post reboot Superman, but pre-reboot was arguably the best brawler in the herald tier. I wouldn't fancy Surfer's chances against THAT Superman. Sure, he'll give a good account of himself, but H2H is more Superman's arena than Surfer's.

JakeTheBank

He can pull off some losses that aren't as overwhelmingly in Superman's favor, but I don't see how he can scrape out one win. Him getting any kind of majority is laughable, tbh.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by janus77

Surfer 6-7/10.

I'm frankly surprised you're giving Superman 3 or 4 wins. Good for you.

iceman24567
Yeah i don't see Surfer winning even 1 here erm

Damborgson
surfer is by no means incapable of defending himself. But lets not pretend he's got any decent chance of beating Superman

Estacado
Superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer's improved (mentally) when it comes to physical combat. Ever since Annihilation he's been a little more ruthless and focused when fighting. If he fought with resolve, then he'd pummel Superman no doubt, but CIS does deprive him of both will and intelligence.

Even before Annihilation, he fought and embarrassed Abomination with ease, he took Hulk's fiercest attacks with impunity... so he could definitely hang in there, no questions.

Right now, it depends, is he resolved like he was against T&A or BRB, in which case he wrecks Superman more often than not or are we to be charitable and take his performances against Thor as the only measure, in which case he loses more often than not.

Oh and current Surfer atomised some villain without a second thought, so I'm leaning to the former!

Surfer 6-7/10.
Lulz.

9jaboy
Bump haha

StiltmanFTW
Surfer used his strength-amping literally just once in his whole career.

carver9
Close fight

Badabing
Close fight You're not allowed to say anything positive about Surfer. He's on my bad list with Aquaman. sneer

-Pr-
The ****.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
You're not allowed to say anything positive about Surfer. He's on my bad list with Aquaman. sneer

laughing out loud

JBL
Edge to Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.