Exitar & Voltron Celestial VS Galactus Engine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGodKiller
Exitar and Voltron Celestial have allied with each other to take on the Galactus Engine near the Fault .

There are 3 rounds , each of which can only be won by killing your opponent .

Round 1 : Exitar alone VS Galactus Engine
Round 2 : Voltron Celestial alone VS Galactus Engine
Round 3 : Exitar and Voltron together VS Galactus Engine

In round 3 , if at least one member of the team is still standing while the GE is taken out , that counts as a win for the team

All combatants are fully rejuvenated/resurrected after each round is over .

Who wins in each case ?

Galan007
Initially, it took numerous Celestials and various cosmic beings to hold back the GE--but at the end, Galactus (who would have been weaker at this point then he was initially) was apparently holding back the GE by himself... This vast difference in the GE's portrayal has never made any sense to me.

Anyway, if this is the GE as it was originally portrayed, Exitar/Voltron won't be killing it. If this is the GE that a weakened(relatively) Galactus was soloing, the Celestials should stomp.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
Initially, it took numerous Celestials and various cosmic beings to hold back the GE--but at the end, Galactus (who would have been weaker at this point then he was initially) was apparently holding back the GE by himself... This vast difference in the GE's portrayal has never made any sense to me.

Anyway, if this is the GE as it was originally portrayed, Exitar/Voltron won't be killing it. If this is the GE that a weakened(relatively) Galactus was soloing, the Celestials should stomp.
When did this happen ? Last time I checked out that battle , the Surfer was in doubt whether Galactus could "vanquish the obscene Galactus Engine" . That's not soloing .

Edit : Galactus , a host of Celestials , Aegis and Tenebrous were able hold it in check(even if barely so) . The Celestial team here should definitely take round 3 .

Galan007
^ galactus was the only cosmic being still present at the fault, and he was holding off the GE by himself. in the issue prior, 4 celestials+galactus were "barely" able to hold it back. this is the power differential i speak of.

just saw your edit. i believe that exitar/voltron could certainly hold back the GE in round 3--however, i don't know if they'd be able to "kill" it (which, as you specified in the OP, is the only way to win here.) /shrug

Black bolt z

Anyway, if this is the GE as it was originally portrayed, Exitar/Voltron won't be killing it. If this is the GE that a weakened(relatively) Galactus was soloing, the Celestials should stomp. Galactus didn't solo the galactus engine. He was holding it at bay. There's a big difference. The celestials have to kill it. Not hold it at bay.

Galan007
that's what i meant by soloing. thought i made that clear in my first, second (and now third) posts..?

Colossus-Big C
that's what i meant by soloing. thought i made that clear in my first, second (and now third) posts..? This.

There was a vast difference in its power there that didnt make sense.

Unless of course the celestials+galactus weakend it to the point galactus could solo.

Branlor Swift
I'm glad CBC has decided to engage himself in your discussion.

Things are about to get in depth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.