Venom vs Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Venom from spiderman 3 (2007) vs Lizard from current amazing spiderman movie, who do u rekcon wins this how and why?

KingD19
So....so we're just not gonna use the movie versus forum anymore, huh?

Anyway, Venom was outmuscling Spidey if I recall, and Toby Spider-Man was a lot more powerful physically than Garfield Spider-Man. So that alone gives Venom a strength edge over Lizard.

The fact that he was fighting like he was with Spidey puts Venom in the same speed category as Lizard too, probably a little faster.

I say he takes a solid majority.

Sin I AM
I love the see details disclaimer that provides no more details than the thread title

On and in before close

Branlor Swift
New Spider-Man really wasn't able to accomplish anything at all against Lizard though.

The only thing that really did anything at all was liquid nitrogen and a shotgun. And he healed from that pretty fast.

iceman24567
Spiderman was weak sauce though

meep-meep
Bump. Have at it Placidity. The only way I see Lizard winning is if he somehow retains some of his human genius and figures out how to exploit Venoms' sonic weakness. That's not likely. They seem to pretty equal in a lot of ways though, I think. It's been awhile since I since the Toby SM films though.

Impediment
Moved.

meep-meep
thumb up

Placidity
Originally posted by meep-meep
Bump. Have at it Placidity. The only way I see Lizard winning is if he somehow retains some of his human genius and figures out how to exploit Venoms' sonic weakness. That's not likely. They seem to pretty equal in a lot of ways though, I think. It's been awhile since I since the Toby SM films though.

Haha. I was just going to say Venom wins. Waiting for Lizard fanboys.

FrothByte
Pretty sure with the latest movie that Garfield Spidey seems stronger than Tobey Spidey. I haven't watched Spiderman 3 in some time so I might be mistaken, but I do think LIzard is stronger than Venom plus has a healing factor.

Time Immemorial
Venom will win after a good fight from lizard.

BruceSkywalker
lizard wipes the floor with brock's arse

carver9
How is Venom beating Lizard?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by carver9
How is Venom beating Lizard? This. His healing factor was retarded fast, even more so than Jackmans Wolverine. The dude was regrowing entire limbs in seconds. Plus, he kept up with Garfields Spidey who is significantly faster than Maguires. A bit weaker, sure, but a lot faster too. And even then, he's not that weak. The dude was catching cars and putting them down like they were made of cardboard, but the Lizard had no problem pinning him and keeping him restrained.

Garfields Spidey barely survived every encounter he had with the Lizard. He usually got away by luck or was saved. Brock doesn't have any amazing strength feats that show me the Lizard couldn't do the same to him just as easily. Venom isn't faster than Lizard, he doesn't have the damage output to put and keep him down, and strength is pretty questionable.

Venom gets impaled.

Time Immemorial
Unless Lizard figures out his weakness which does not seem plausible in this fight. How is venom actually dying or getting KO'd?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Unless Lizard figures out his weakness which does not seem plausible in this fight. How is venom actually dying or getting KO'd? Harry's razor bats had no problem cutting through the symbiote. I'm not seeing whats gonna stop the Lizards claws from doing much worse.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Harry's razor bats had no problem cutting through the symbiote. I'm not seeing whats gonna stop the Lizards claws from doing much worse.

He just heals up though..

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
He just heals up though.. We haven't seen him heal up from a claw through the chest, or from having a limb torn off

meep-meep
Originally posted by Arachnid1
We haven't seen him heal up from a claw through the chest, or from having a limb torn off

From what we seen he healed up immediately, even though he wasn't impaled. The only thing lizard could hope for would be to seperate topher from the symbiote, and that is very unlikely. Let's say he did though. If the symbiote was host-less, Lizard has an even more difficult time.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by meep-meep
From what we seen he healed up immediately, even though he wasn't impaled. The only thing lizard could hope for would be to seperate topher from the symbiote, and that is very unlikely. Let's say he did though. If the symbiote was host-less, Lizard has an even more difficult time. We saw the symbiote reform immediately. He didn't see Brock heal immediately. We know he healed because the cuts were gone by the time he was separated from the symbiote, but the symbiote had plenty of time to do that. And even if we assume he healed immediately, healing a few small cuts on your arm is the bare minimum expected of a healing factor. It's not that impressive when compared to an opponent who heals entire limbs as fast as you heal a few cuts.

Venom did nothing to suggest he would survive being impaled. Its Lizard who has the ridiculous healing factor, as well as a freezing weakness that Venom cant hope to exploit. The Lizard doesn't need to separate Brock from the symbiote to kill him.

Placidity
Venom punches his lights out.

Venom webs his lights out.

Strength-wise

Venom > Tobey Spider-man > Garfield Spider-man.

meep-meep
Also, Venom's webbing is < Tobys' webbing I think.

Werewolf582
Venom

Unless Lizard figures out his weakness against sound.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.