DCnU Wonder Woman Vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113945/2478087-ww_gl_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/78030-195066-namor_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
Probably Diana.

ColossusGrundy
WW in a pretty severe stomp.

Namor couldn't even take the Thing on his own turf (underwater).

WW has come back with a pretty nasty attitude. She whips fish-boy.

Golgo13
Yeah, but Diana isn't nearly on par pre-flashpoint, IMO. At least not yet. I think Namor can at least split with her.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Namor couldn't even take the Thing on his own turf (underwater).
only cause the writing in AvX is lackluster

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam

AvX or Infinity Gauntlet. Which is better?

ColossusGrundy

It's still current.

WW >>>>> Thing and Ben whipped Namor pretty good.

Diana stomps fish boy.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Golgo13
AvX or Infinity Gauntlet. Which is better? AvX has to work it's way up the ladder just to pick ticks out of IG's golden fleece Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
It's still current.

Diana stomps fish boy. if WW was in AvX, it would be possible for ben grimm to lie while tied up by the lasso, and then he'd break it and punch out WW

-Pr-
It's still current.

Diana stomps fish boy.

It's a low showing for Namor, though.

Golgo13
AvX has to work it's way up the ladder just to pick ticks out of IG's golden fleece

Hahah! thumb up

JakeTheBank
I don't get it.

Since AvX is currently ongoing, does that mean showings in that event take precedence over decades worth of established depictions?

ColossusGrundy
AvX has to work it's way up the ladder just to pick ticks out of IG's golden fleece if WW was in AvX, it would be possible for ben grimm to lie while tied up by the lasso, and then he'd break it and punch out WW

You're drunk...... you must be........

confused

Golgo13
Yeah, Namor definitely has it in terms of feats.

JakeTheBank
AvX is garbage anyway. The only people who seem to be super into it are fans of the Phoenix Force, which I can understand to a point. Too bad the event is determined to shit all over the X-Men mythos in order to turn a buck. The Avengers aren't looking so good either, but the X-Men have been severely compromised in terms of characterization.

ColossusGrundy
Feats mean nothing, this is a fight.

WW is obviously as strong as Namor, much more skilled in h2h.

She stomps.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't get it.

Since AvX is currently ongoing, does that mean showings in that event take precedence over decades worth of established depictions? yes.
cap takes something like a small grenade to the chest that only was able to blast away his armour that is used to protect his chest. this is cap now, deal with it.

him getting shot in the same chest in the climax of civil war isn't admissible evidence to even try and claim shenanigans if you were so inclined

Golgo13
Did Marvel Boy do anything cool?

Golgo13
Come on, guys! Did No Var own these guys?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/117443/2243877-nohvarr_large.png

-Pr-
Feats mean nothing

How long have you been browsing this site?

abhilegend
Namor 8/10.

zopzop
I don't get it.

Since AvX is currently ongoing, does that mean showings in that event take precedence over decades worth of established depictions?
Uhm, yes? Since this isn't Namor in 1965, this is Namor as Marvel writers see him NOW.
AvX is garbage anyway. The only people who seem to be super into it are fans of the Phoenix Force...
Whatever you're smoking, can I have some too? What the heck are you talking about? This AvX event has DESTROYED the PF. Absolutely PATHETIC showings and displays of power.
Originally posted by abhilegend
Namor Diana 8/10.
thumb up

Golgo13
Namor owns that ass! Two times a day.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Uhm, yes? Since this isn't Namor in 1965, this is Namor as Marvel writers see him NOW.

Whatever you're smoking, can I have some too? What the heck are you talking about? This AvX event has DESTROYED the PF. Absolutely PATHETIC showings and displays of power.

thumb up

You're insane if you think you need to go all the way back to 1965 for Namor's best showings. That's horrendous logic that a summer event discounts decades worth of consistent showings without explicit amps or depowerments.

The PF has pretty much beaten everyone it was faced against and only battle board mentality like fans are really enjoying it, most of whom are either fans of the Phoenix or X-Men in general. Didn't say it was well written, because it's not.

Branlor Swift
Namor has one low feat and suddenly that's his average.

Logic.

That doesn't discount all the years of him pulling off tight fitting spandex pants and very cute manties.

zopzop
You're insane if you think you need to go all the way back to 1965 for Namor's best showings. That's horrendous logic that a summer event discounts decades worth of consistent showings without explicit amps or depowerments.
He was OWNED by Thing in his own element. It doesn't get much more pathetic than that. Hell Luke Cage put up a little fight in water vs Namor too. "Classic" Namor is dead. All of Marvel's top writers are in on this AvX garbage and this is where they see Namor power wise. If you don't like it, too bad.

The PF's best showing is vs Thor. That poor bastard has been having a hard time these past few months. Beating a high herald that's been jobbed out isn't something to brag about.

Also, Wanda has owned members of the P5 and Sinister made a fool out of the "upgraded" P4. laughing

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Namor has one low feat and suddenly that's his average.

Logic.

That doesn't discount all the years of him pulling off tight fitting spandex pants and very cute manties.

thumb up

JakeTheBank

He was OWNED by Thing in his own element. It doesn't get much more pathetic than that. Hell Luke Cage put up a little fight in water vs Namor too. "Classic" Namor is dead. All of Marvel's top writers are in on this AvX garbage and this is where they see Namor power wise. If you don't like it, too bad.

The PF's best showing is vs Thor. That poor bastard has been having a hard time these past few months. Beating a high herald that's been jobbed out isn't something to brag about.

Also, Wanda has owned members of the P5 and Sinister made a fool out of the "upgraded" P4. laughing

So Namor's showing of getting beat up by Thing nullifies every other showing he's had ever and it isn't viewed as either PIS in your eyes or a low feat? Yes, logical thinking at it's finest.

Last time I checked, Wanda Maximoff was one the most powerful Avengers of all time, let alone beings on Earth. Not sure how Wanda owning the P5 is a laughable or pathetic showing at all. Also not sure how a prepped Sinister with access to Celestial tech beating up the P4 is bad, either.

I just find it hilarious how people look at AvX, and suddenly - barring the examples of beings actually being amped such as the Phoenix Five - the entire power tier is flipped around on its head and now Namor is pathetic and Thor is bumped down to low herald.

zopzop
So Namor's showing of getting beat up by Thing nullifies every other showing he's had ever and it isn't viewed as either PIS in your eyes or a low feat? Yes, logical thinking at it's finest.
ALL of Marvel's top writers are in on this event. ALL. So there is NO excuse, this is where Marvel sees Namor powerwise. Thing > Namor (even in water).

Last time I checked, the only time she did anything remotely impressive was because of the "LifeForce" power which she no longer has. Care to list anything she's done worthwhile prior to the House of M crap? The PF is a joke when you have a non House of M Wanda sh|tting all over it. laughing

Namor IS pathetic. At least Thor lost to a low trans tier being. There's no shame in that. Namor lost to THING despite being fully submerged in the ocean! FAIL! laughing

Golgo13
Wow, I would have made Namor the winner of that, but that's just me.

-Pr-

ALL of Marvel's top writers are in on this event. ALL. So there is NO excuse, this is where Marvel sees Namor powerwise. Thing > Namor (even in water).

Except that, because you're dealing with writers, there's not enough consistency to gauge an average.

And not every writer sat around a table and decided the outcome of each fight.

We go by averages and feats, here, and by averages, Namor getting beat by Thing is a low showing.

JakeTheBank

Last time I checked, the only time she did anything remotely impressive was because of the "LifeForce" power which she no longer has. Care to list anything she's done worthwhile prior to the House of M crap? The PF is a joke when you have a non House of M Wanda sh|tting all over it. laughing

Namor IS pathetic. At least Thor lost to a low trans tier being. There's no shame in that. Namor lost to THING despite being fully submerged in the ocean! FAIL! laughing

Them all working on the same event doesn't mean they've all written the same comics or even agree on the portrayals. Nor does it invalidate every showing which has come before since. Not until showings are retconned or there's an explicit explanation for a power up/de-powering. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous and incredibly fickle.

Wanda's probability control has effected the likes of Dormammu, an amped Morgan LeFay and In-Betweener. Even before Avengers Disassembled and House of M, Wanda was described as potentially being grossly overpowered. People seem to gloss over that and think that Wanda is either at her broken power levels or is at her Cap's Kooky Quartet power levels. So, yeah, Wanda looking good against the Phoenix Force isn't a shitty showing considering what Wanda is ultimately capable of.

Your stance on this is absurd. Absolutely absurd.

abhilegend

Thing has been oneshotted by namor before. Not to mention that they suddenly made thing breath underwater. What has DCnU diana done that makes her superior to a guy who has an even record with hulk in their 35 fights, stalemated thor 5 times, looked superior to immortal hercules twice and BRB once, two-pieced sentry, took shots from voidtry without any damage, stomped Ares AND wonder man at the same time etc? Not to mention that ben does these kind of PIS-y things from time to time, he stalemated merged hulk in armwrestle for hours IIRC when in their every fight merged hulk embarrased thing in strength.

abhilegend

JakeTheBank
Hell, the only reason I think Diana might win this is because I don't think Namor can tank her sword hitting a vital body part.

Even so, it's phucking ridiculous to use a single low end/PIS-y moment over a consistent and storied history of feats and argue "This is how Marvel definitively sees Namor now."

Tony Stark
Thing has been oneshotted by namor before. Not to mention that they suddenly made thing breath underwater. What has DCnU diana done that makes her superior to a guy who has an even record with hulk in their 35 fights, stalemated thor 5 times, looked superior to immortal hercules twice and BRB once, two-pieced sentry, took shots from voidtry without any damage, stomped Ares AND wonder man at the same time etc?

"Thing has been oneshotted by namor before".

No he hasn't... Namor would beat WW for the majority... Ben would obviously ROCK her world too.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Tony Stark
"Thing has been oneshotted by namor before".

No he hasn't... Namor would beat WW for the majority... Ben would obviously ROCK her world too.
Try again
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203c.jpg

Diana would beat the shit out of thing.

namorsubby
That fight with thing is obviously a low showing for namor, but considering that thing apparently didnt even deliver the blow that allowed him the time to pin namor with those teeth along with the fact that namor left the water at the same time thing did, its significance has definitely been overstated. I guess we just see a technical win and decide to totally disregard the actual circumstances.

Anywho, i'd still probably go with diana.

Konton

By this logic, Psylocke is now on par with street levelers because she couldn't take out Daredevil.

Blair Wind
Try again
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203c.jpg

Diana would beat the shit out of thing.

Last scan isn't working.

I don't think Thing should ever be beating Namor, especially underwater.

With that said, I think Wonder Woman wins.

Stoic
Diana wins but stomp? Nah.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Last scan isn't working.

I don't think Thing should ever be beating Namor, especially underwater.

With that said, I think Wonder Woman wins.
Oops

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Battles/FantasticFourv203e.jpg

"Id"
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6tn5mLVX31rse7k9o1_500.jpg

Thats basically it. Wondy will be the privileged. Namor pounds it. And Wondy will enjoy every second of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.