War of Words: Zatanna vs. Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Anything goes

Who wins?

Golgo13
Whoever gets the first word wins. wink

DarkSaint85
Bolt wins.

Zatanna would have to use pretty powerful words from the get-go ('die', etc) whereas it doesn't matter what Bolt says, he could even just do a shout and it would KO her.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Bolt wins.

Zatanna would have to use pretty powerful words from the get-go ('die', etc) whereas it doesn't matter what Bolt says, he could even just do a shout and it would KO her.

What if she uses a spell to shut him up?

JakeTheBank
She would have to encant faster than Bolt could say anything.

ColossusGrundy
"!ecneliS"

She then takes her time to say whatever her pretty mouth wants to.

Zatanna wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
"!ecneliS"

Zatanna wins.

Even that takes more time than a simple AAAAAAAH from Bolt. Which would likely knock her out, as she didn't have any shields up.

ColossusGrundy
Technically.......

Z has said before that she doesn't NEED to say anything, it's just a concentration exercise.

That being said... Z wins.

Golgo13
It would take about the same time as Bolt, IMO. Plus, she doesn't necessarily have to say anything, per Konto.

DarkSaint85
Yah, I've seen her do spells by writing etc.

JakeTheBank
She doesn't have to say anything, but the vast majority of her showings show that she does vocally encant to achieve her spells, especially her most effective ones.

In a quick draw contest, I'm favoring Bolt.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
She doesn't have to say anything, but the vast majority of her showings show that she does vocally encant to achieve her spells.

In a quick draw contest, I'm favoring Bolt.

Plus, Inhumans having faster reaction times and all that....

Golgo13
We all know Bolt won't go all out and Zatanna has acted quick amongst speedsters before. Hell, more than half of DC has quick reflexes/super speed. If she didn't, she'd be dead by now.

DarkSaint85
A whisper is still pretty strong - and if they're trying to quickdraw, Z would sacrifice defence for an offence. Unless (you guys prob know the character better) she would go for shields first? Because having basic knowledge means that they know that the other has voice based powers, right? Bolt would know if she says anything backwards, it'll happen....

Golgo13
If she would go for the shields, she'd win, because her shields are top notch, then she'll shut him down with a powerful spell.

Golgo13
Looking back at her respect thread, Z is a pretty fast spell caster. Able to turn bullets into whatever AFTER they were shot, toying with Lobo, and easily stopping Despero. Not to mention, she is able to summon powerful entities like Neron and Spectre. I still think Bolt is screwed.

Black bolt z
Black Bolt. His words, even a whisper if hes not going all out should do a good amount of damage. And even say that she make it so he can't speak. He is still physically fast and strong enough to beat her.

But just in sheer power of words, Black Bolt.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Black Bolt. His words, even a whisper if hes not going all out should do a good amount of damage. And even say that she make it so he can't speak. He is still physically fast and strong enough to beat her.

But just in sheer power of words, Black Bolt.

Just how fast is he? Is he faster than Lobo, who couldn't stop Z's spells? Is he faster than Mary Marvel? Or Despero?

Black bolt z
I'll get the some more later, but here he can keep up with a flying missle.

He was able to keep up with a missle.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/blackboltfeat44jj.gif/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/blackboltfeat57cr.gif/

Glorificus
Black Bolt is faster in terms of reflexes.

Most likely he opens his mouth first, and a quick little whisper will end the match.

Golgo13
You would think so, but Zatanna has rumbled with beings who surpass or are on par with Bolt in terms of reflexes.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Golgo13
You would think so, but Zatanna has rumbled with beings who surpass or are on par with Bolt in terms of reflexes. As far as reaction time, what are her some of her feats?

Golgo13
As far as reaction time, what are her some of her feats?

I just said some earlier. Turning bullets into flowers/intangible after they were shot, owning Lobo with her spells, along with tangling with Mary Marvel, who has super speed.

Black bolt z
I just said some earlier. Turning bullets into flowers/intangible after they were shot, owning Lobo with her spells, along with tangling with Mary Marvel, who has super speed. If we're using bullets speed feats, BB has plucked a sniper bullet out of midair. Keep in mind, that this would be before he knew the bullet was shot at him, and before he could hear it. He just saw and reacted fast enough to catch it.

Golgo13
If we're using bullets speed feats, BB has plucked a sniper bullet out of midair. Keep in mind, that this would be before he knew the bullet was shot at him, and before he could hear it. He just saw and reacted fast enough to catch it.

I'm not denying that Bolt is pretty quick, but I don't see him speed blitzing her or getting the first word before her. Neither do I see Z doing the same, so that's why I said whoever gets the first word. However, Zatanna has WAY more versatility.

Black bolt z
I'm not denying that Bolt is pretty quick, but I don't see him speed blitzing her or getting the first word before her. Neither do I see Z doing the same, so that's why I said whoever gets the first word. However, Zatanna has WAY more versatility. This is a war of words. I take that to be they use only their voices. And while Zatanna may be fast, she has to say a word. Black Bolt has to make a sound.

Just due to the fact that What Zatanna has to say is longer than what Black bolt has to, to do damage, and that his words, should he choose to scream, could KO her right away.

Golgo13
This is a war of words. I take that to be they use only their voices. And while Zatanna may be fast, she has to say a word. Black Bolt has to make a sound.

Just due to the fact that What Zatanna has to say is longer than what Black bolt has to, to do damage, and that his words, should he choose to scream, could KO her right away.

All she has to do is say, "POTS". She's done this to beings far more powerful than Black Bolt, so why can't she do it here?

Black bolt z
All she has to do is say, "POTS". She's done this to beings far more powerful than Black Bolt, so why can't she do it here? She has to say "POTS".

He has to say "P"

Golgo13
Either way, Bolt would be frozen or Z can turn intangible. Or she can even BFR him.

Black bolt z
Either way, Bolt would be frozen or Z can turn intangible. Or she can even BFR him. What either way? If BB can scream a sound, before Zatanna can say a word, which he should be able to, if by nothing else, then by virtue of the fact that he only has to make A sound, not A word, then he should win,

Golgo13
Because he's not that fast to take her out before she gets the spell out. Like I said, if she can use her spells against beings as fast or faster than BB, then she can do it here.

Black bolt z
Because he's not that fast to take her out before she gets the spell out. Like I said, if she can use her spells against beings as fast or faster than BB, then she can do it here. Its not like her words vs. his reflexes. Its her words vs. his words. And she has to says words. He has to make sounds. And his sounds, should KO her. Its as simple as that.

Golgo13
He doesn't say words, so she wins by default.

Black bolt z
He doesn't say words, so she wins by default. What? What the hell are you talking about?

pym-ftw
BB Fus Ro dah's her

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by pym-ftw
BB Fus Ro dah's her

laughing out loud

Golgo13
What? What the hell are you talking about?

Z's words are more powerful than Bolt's. smokin'

Black bolt z
Z's words are more powerful than Bolt's. smokin' You funny sir.

pym-ftw
Z's words are more powerful than Bolt's. smokin'
What could she say that's more devastating, than blackbolt saying the exact same thing?

Nihilist
BB destroys her

ColossusGrundy
If NEITHER of them have to say words (as has been apparently said by both sides of this)

Then it's either a stalemate or too close to call.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What could she say that's more devastating, than blackbolt saying the exact same thing?

The same thing she did to Lobo or Starbreaker. She F*cked them up hardcore.

Black bolt z
The same thing she did to Lobo or Starbreaker. She F*cked them up hardcore. When she flayed his skin off? Yeah, Zatanna is a badass. But she can't do that before BB gets off a single scream, which should KO her.

Stoic
Boltagon via shut the phuck up.

Golgo13
When she flayed his skin off? Yeah, Zatanna is a badass. But she can't do that before BB gets off a single scream, which should KO her.

I don't see why not. In an actual fight, she has summoned powerful mystic entities that would crush BB.

DarkSaint85

Golgo13
*****. shifty

BB is lucky there are rules.

DarkSaint85
*****. shifty

BB is lucky there are rules.

Lol.

Stoic
No outside help
Unless specified otherwise, no contestant may call for outside assistance, even in scenario matches. For example, Captain America cannot call in the Avengers during a fight with Batman.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theres a limit to everything, and her summoning spells are a bit different than Captain America somehow needing to call the Avengers to deal with Batman.

If so the Darkness would be extremely limited in forum battles, because he would never be able to call on the help of his little demonic gremlins.

All the same, Black Bolt would just slap the shit out of Zatanna, or tell her to sit down, which would effectively kill her due to her fragile human body.

Golgo13
If NEITHER of them have to say words (as has been apparently said by both sides of this)

Then it's either a stalemate or too close to call.

Yeah, Z doesn't have to say anything, really. She's very underrated.

DarkSaint85
Kinda makes the whole 'War of Words' pointless then lol...

Golgo13
I thought it was just the title of the thread, not that they had to use words, because the OP said, "anything goes." If that's the case, Z has too many options, IMO.

Endless Mike
"!ecneliS"

Zatanna wins.

You are aware that Black Bolt has more options for attack than just his voice, right?

Bouboumaster
Black Bolt opens his mouth and Zatanna dies

janus77
Zatanna opens her mouth, Black Bolt opens his flies.

*magic happens*

Konton
She has to say "POTS".

He has to say "P"

She doesn't really have to say anything to defend herself. Even caught by surprise (twice) she manifests forcefields without speaking a word and even uses magical eye beams when grasped up close.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Zatanna vs Tannarak.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7531/zatanna118lw8.th.jpghttp://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3492/zatanna119xv6.th.jpghttp://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3898/zatanna120sz7.th.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1051/zatanna121mc0.th.jpghttp://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8307/zatanna122jx8.th.jpghttp://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1971/zatanna123yw8.th.jpg

Zack Fair
Zatanna flashes dem boobs. Then says U F

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Konton
She doesn't really have to say anything to defend herself. Even caught by surprise (twice) she manifests forcefields without speaking a word and even uses magical eye beams when grasped up close. The first scan didn't at all look like she had shields.

Lets compare their stats.

Voice power: Black Bolt
Strength: Black Bolt
Speed: Black Bolt
Versatility: While Black Bolt is versatile, Zatanna has him beat here.
Durability: I know Zatanna can boost up her durability a lot like she did in the Lobo fight (IIRC) but Black bolt still has her beat here, even if not by much.

Zatanna just isn't good enough to beat Black Bolt. She's good, but not that good.

-Pr-
Zatanna's a woman, and her power is to talk.

I mean, all joking aside, come on... ermm

Golgo13
The first scan didn't at all look like she had shields.

Durability: I know Zatanna can boost up her durability a lot like she did in the Lobo fight (IIRC) but Black bolt still has her beat here, even if not by much.

Zatanna just isn't good enough to beat Black Bolt. She's good, but not that good.

In a standard fight, she would win. She's a top tier mage and I'd give the nod to a top tier mage over Black Bolt any day of the week. She's only slightly below Dr. Fate and Fate would own BB like a two dollar hoe.

Q99
Zat has faced down Spectre-foe Zor, after all.

vansonbee
Black Bolt should take the majority.
- slightly faster than humans
- any type of note, to produce sound
- sturdy body than humans

Zatanna
- gets blown away.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Q99
Zat has faced down Spectre-foe Zor, after all.

Zatanna could be owning Spectre and people would still underrate her. Zor isn't the only trans/sky father foe she has taken out either.

Q99
Zatanna could be owning Spectre and people would still underrate her. Zor isn't the only trans/sky father foe she has taken out either.

Who else has she handled?

Golgo13
She put a good hurting on Starbreaker. One of her most powerful spells. Starbreaker is an evolved Sun Eater. Note that it takes a large amount of heroes to handle a Sun Eater in it's earliest forms.

Konton
The first scan didn't at all look like she had shields.

She didn't start with shields. She reactively conjured one when she was in danger of getting hit. She protects herself from getting squeezed (no backwards talk) and then protects herself from the explosion that appeared after she face lazored him.

I say Zatanna dumps BB somewhere in time.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/dpVolacdp/th_Zatanna1518.jpghttp://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/dpVolacdp/th_Zatanna1519.jpghttp://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae155/dpVolacdp/th_Zatanna1520.jpg

She plays for keeps.

Black bolt z
In a standard fight, she would win. She's a top tier mage and I'd give the nod to a top tier mage over Black Bolt any day of the week. She's only slightly below Dr. Fate and Fate would own BB like a two dollar hoe. But what has she actually done to win? What feats put her above Black Bolt?Originally posted by Golgo13
She put a good hurting on Starbreaker. One of her most powerful spells. Starbreaker is an evolved Sun Eater. Note that it takes a large amount of heroes to handle a Sun Eater in it's earliest forms. Well if we're going by high feats, Skrull Black Bolt KO'd Apocalypse (and blew away an entire mountain) with a single whisper, and the real BB is stronger than the skrull. You don't debate high feats. Black Bolts medium feats has him beating Hulk in a fight more times than Thor on average.

Golgo13
But what has she actually done to win? What feats put her above Black Bolt? Well if we're going by high feats, Skrull Black Bolt KO'd Apocalypse (and blew away an entire mountain) with a single whisper, and the real BB is stronger than the skrull. You don't debate high feats. Black Bolts medium feats has him beating Hulk in a fight more times than Thor on average.

She has

-Toyed with Lobo.
-Stopped Despero with just word,s
- Stopped the world's greatest mages in one room.
-Mind wiped the JLA.
- Resisted MM mental powers.
- Defeated Zor with power and smarts.
- Summoned beings like Neron and Spectre on more than one occasion.
- Was called one of the greatest mages in any dimension.

She has the tools to take Bolt out. The only Zatanna Bolt can beat for a majority is DCnU.

Black bolt z
She has

-Toyed with Lobo.
-Stopped Despero with just word,s
- Stopped the world's greatest mages in one room.
-Mind wiped the JLA.
- Resisted MM mental powers.
- Defeated Zor with power and smarts.
- Summoned beings like Neron and Spectre on more than one occasion.
- Was called one of the greatest mages in any dimension.

She has the tools to take Bolt out. The only Zatanna Bolt can beat for a majority is DCnU. Still using high end feats I see.

Harbinger
If you're naming high end feats, don't forget her being able to injure Starbreaker when no one else could do a thing to stop him.

On average, I'd still take Z. Pots would be sufficient, IMO.

Golgo13
Still using high end feats I see.

I know, she has a lot of them. wink That's just from the top of my head.

Black bolt z
I know, she has a lot of them. wink That's just from the top of my head. Yeah. You don't debate using high end feats.Originally posted by Harbinger
If you're naming high end feats, don't forget her being able to injure Starbreaker when no one else could do a thing to stop him.

On average, I'd still take Z. Pots would be sufficient, IMO. But how would she get "Pots" off before he gets "P" off?

Golgo13
Well, what low feats does she have? In a STRAIGHT up fight?

Black bolt z
Well, what low feats does she have? In a STRAIGHT up fight? You don't use low feats either. Unless otherwise specified in the OP, you use medium feats. And BBs medium feats has him beating Hulk, on average, more than Thor.

SasuOna
Zatanna would take this fairly easily
Apparently people think she's just some gimmick magician who isn't a real mage and isn't capable of utterly wrecking the entire justice league.

She could just mind wipe BB and call it a day

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SasuOna
Zatanna would take this fairly easily
Apparently people think she's just some gimmick magician who isn't a real mage and isn't capable of utterly wrecking the entire justice league.

She could just mind wipe BB and call it a day But how would she do that before BB took her out?

Q99
But how would she do that before BB took her out?

She can intercept bullets in mid-flight. Speed isn't a problem.

The bullet feat makes me think that her spells take effect at the very beginning of the sentence, and the words can continue after.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Q99
She can intercept bullets in mid-flight. Speed isn't a problem.

The bullet feat makes me think that her spells take effect at the very beginning of the sentence, and the words can continue after. BB can, and has, done the same. Therefore the POTS vs. P argument still stands.

ColossusGrundy
"POTS vs P" isn't an argument.

Zatanna does NOT have to speak. If she does, do you really think she can't say "dleihs" before Bolt's attack takes effect, especially since she's beaten superspeed-influenced heroes/villains to the punch?

When her confidence is up, she's a top tier sorcerer, able to call up Circe, the Spectre, etc. at a whim.

I could start listing feats, but I see some ppl have done the favor for me.

Zatanna >> Black Bolt

DarkSaint85
She can't call people up....

Mindset

Zatanna does NOT have to speak. If she does, do you really think she can't say "dleihs" before Bolt's attack takes effect Idk, but if she does she'll be dead.

ColossusGrundy
She can't call people up....

Go check the respect thread and change your mind.

Black bolt z
"POTS vs P" isn't an argument.

Zatanna does NOT have to speak. If she does, do you really think she can't say "dleihs" before Bolt's attack takes effect, especially since she's beaten superspeed-influenced heroes/villains to the punch?

When her confidence is up, she's a top tier sorcerer, able to call up Circe, the Spectre, etc. at a whim.

I could start listing feats, but I see some ppl have done the favor for me.

Zatanna >> Black Bolt No, I don't think she can say shields backwards before BB can make a single sound. Also don't act like BB isn't very fast as well.

What do you mean "called up"?

Like what? Having a napkin shoved in her face, where she doesn't have shields up instantly like he claimed.

DarkSaint85
Go check the respect thread and change your mind.

My mind is based on the forum rules, which explicitly say they can't call on outside help.....

ColossusGrundy
I don't think he can fully call an attack with a sound before she can utter a one-syllable word.

That's the point

ColossusGrundy
My mind is based on the forum rules, which explicitly say they can't call on outside help.....

My point wasn't to say she would ask for help. it was to point out she has the power to summon said characters.

It was an illustration of the power she commanded.

Mindset
I don't think he can fully call an attack with a sound before she can utter a one-syllable word.

That's the point He can.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Mindset
He can.

He can't.

Mindset
He can't. ..not do it.

ColossusGrundy
..not do it.

.... without failing.

Black bolt z

That's the point He can. He makes a sound, not even a one syllable word that she has to, and his voice takes effect.

Mindset
He can't. Originally posted by Mindset
..not do it. Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
.... without failing.

Let me give you a moment to think about this...

DarkSaint85
My point wasn't to say she would ask for help. it was to point out she has the power to summon said characters.

It was an illustration of the power she commanded.

Meh, mystics generally can do it, if they know the correct rituals and etiquette on how to do it.

In a quick draw contest, I just don't think she can do it against a low-level speedster, especially when his weapon is exactly the same as hers.

ColossusGrundy
He can. He makes a sound, not even a one syllable word that she has to, and his voice takes effect.

"takes" effect.

Not an instantaneous effect.

Lots of time for "pots" or "dleihs".

DarkSaint85
Let me give you a moment to think about this...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/063/491/my_trap_card.jpg

Black bolt z
"takes" effect.

Not an instantaneous effect.

Lots of time for "pots" or "dleihs". Ok. Lets say that he says a word, then she gets her shields up before his word takes effect (which is not the way it happens. Its just not true). His word still blows away her and her shields.

ColossusGrundy
Ok. Lets say that he says a word, then she gets her shields up before his word takes effect (which is not the way it happens. Its just not true). His word still blows away her and her shields.

You're saying that one of the most powerful sorcerers in the DC universe is just "blown away" by Black Bolt's single attack?

Nyet.

Someone has a Marvel bias.....

Black bolt z
You're saying that one of the most powerful sorcerers in the DC universe is just "blown away" by Black Bolt's single attack?

Nyet.

Someone has a Marvel bias..... His voice? Yes. Because guess what. She can't get shields up before his voice takes effect. So she's defenseless. So under this situation, yes, he can.

ColossusGrundy
His voice? Yes. Because guess what. She can't get shields up before his voice takes effect. So she's defenseless. So under this situation, yes, he can.

So far you've only proven that you can disagree with my opinion.

With a name like "Black bolt z".... I don't think I'll be convincing you otherwise, ha.

So I'll end my part with this...

Zatanna >> Black Bolt (and she's a lot sexier too, ha)

stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7730/zatanna205kx5.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Damn...not instantaneous....

ColossusGrundy
http://imageshack.us/f/86/zatanna205kx5.jpg

Damn...not instantaneous....

if either of them require voice, neither of them can be instantaneous.. kinda kills the speed argument

Blight
Black Bolt wins.

DarkSaint85
if either of them require voice, neither of them can be instantaneous.. kinda kills the speed argument

My point was, Zee's spells aren't instant, even after she's said the full sentence/word. So she's limited by her human-level reactions, the length of her spell, and then after all that, the time taken for the spell to take effect.

Black Bolt's attack would be limited by his reactions (which are faster than a human's), the length of the sound made (P vs POTS, if you will), and then after all that, the speed of light I guess (if you take the explanation for his powers being that he's destroying electron particles etc etc - its def not a simple speed of sound attack).

So in a quick draw contest, I favour Bolt in speed, and in power for a first attack. The longer it draws on, the more Z's chances increase.

ColossusGrundy
My point was, Zee's spells aren't instant, even after she's said the full sentence/word. So she's limited by her human-level reactions, the length of her spell, and then after all that, the time taken for the spell to take effect.

Black Bolt's attack would be limited by his reactions (which are faster than a human's), the length of the sound made (P vs POTS, if you will), and then after all that, the speed of light I guess (if you take the explanation for his powers being that he's destroying electron particles etc etc - its def not a simple speed of sound attack).

So in a quick draw contest, I favour Bolt in speed, and in power for a first attack. The longer it draws on, the more Z's chances increase.

I see your point. I honestly think that with Z's track record she has a better than human reaction/casting ability. (bullets and such)

DarkSaint85
True, I had a check through her respect thread, and there's def a case to be made. Plus, there's the infamous 'Nambats pots!', where she gets the drop on an angry Batman...

ColossusGrundy
True, I had a check through her respect thread, and there's def a case to be made. Plus, there's the infamous 'Nambats pots!', where she gets the drop on an angry Batman...

Yep.

And I got nothing against black bolt
I just think Z's cooler.

She's pretty nasty when she's on.

ColossusGrundy
a dirty girl............

Golgo13
Yep.

And I got nothing against black bolt
I just think Z's cooler.

She's pretty nasty when she's on.

Pretty much any female with fishnets is automatically cooler. Zatanna can pretty much do anything. Any top tier mage can.

ColossusGrundy
Pretty much any female with fishnets is automatically cooler. Zatanna can pretty much do anything. Any top tier mage can.

..... this.......

Blight
Who's Stabman?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blight
Who's Stabman?

FU, I was hoping no one would see that..... mad mad mad mad

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Blight
Who's Stabman?

I dunno, but he's stabby...

Black bolt z
So far you've only proven that you can disagree with my opinion.

With a name like "Black bolt z".... I don't think I'll be convincing you otherwise, ha.

So I'll end my part with this...

Zatanna >> Black Bolt (and she's a lot sexier too, ha)

stick out tongue And Zatanna sig is helping your bias?

BB is stronger in a fight. And hotter stick out tongue

Golgo13
Is there a puke smiley I can use? smile

Black bolt z
Is there a puke smiley I can use? smile Yes. Don't remember what it is though.

Mindset
Is there a puke smiley I can use? smile I didn't know you were pm.

phaggot.

Golgo13
What about private messaging?

Blight
I didn't know you were pm.

phaggot. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah I puked laughing!

lft4ded

If this is anything goes can't he zap her with his channelling antennae on his head?

But this seems like Blackbolt's fight though I generally think DC outpowers Marvel. If he screams then the first instant of it is going to be deadly and he can probably make a long scream. Even if she gets shields up there's still the remainder of the scream to deal with.

The Sorrow
Blackagar Boltagon ftw.

Golgo13
Originally posted by lft4ded
If this is anything goes can't he zap her with his channelling antennae on his head?

But this seems like Blackbolt's fight though I generally think DC outpowers Marvel. If he screams then the first instant of it is going to be deadly and he can probably make a long scream. Even if she gets shields up there's still the remainder of the scream to deal with.

Her shields are pretty tough, while Bolt's resistance to magic isn't. So, Z has the advantage there.

Black bolt z
Her shields are pretty tough, while Bolt's resistance to magic isn't. So, Z has the advantage there. But he can still attack before she gets shields up?

Golgo13
We're just going around in circles. We already have stated speed won't be an issue. Z has faced faster beings and gotten her attacks off just fine. At this point, it doesn't matter.

Black bolt z
We're just going around in circles. We already have stated speed won't be an issue. Z has faced faster beings and gotten her attacks off just fine. At this point, it doesn't matter. But speed does matter. If BB can get a scream, or even a whisper, off before Zatanna can put shields up, he can kill or KO her. If she can get her shields up, it could be one hell of a fight, but I'd still put money of BB.

Golgo13
It doesn't, because Z has proven herself that she has very fast reaction time. Faster than just a regular human.

Black bolt z
It doesn't, because Z has proven herself that she has very fast reaction time. Faster than just a regular human. And once again, BB hasn't?

Golgo13
Did I say that? no.

TheGodKiller
Whose reaction time is faster , then ?

Golgo13
We would have to measure the reaction time. Can BB open his mouth at the speed of light? wink

Black bolt z
Here he catches what looks like a freaking laser.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/353/blackboltfeat62ez.gif/

I don't have the previous scan, but in this scan, even sentry doesn't want to fight BB, because hes scared. In the last scan he had whispered.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/silentwar005021th1.jpg/

To show that his words are more powerful than Zatanna's his whisper destroyed mountains on the other side of the planet.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/178/bb1sr9.jpg/

Black bolt z
We would have to measure the reaction time. Can BB open his mouth at the speed of light? wink His voice has powered a ship to move at way faster than the speed of light.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SIWarofKings01pg18.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SIWarofKings01pg19.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SIWarofKings01pg20.jpg

Golgo13
But does that prove his mouth opens at the speed of light or that his powerful voice propelled the ship FTL?

Black bolt z
But does that prove his mouth opens at the speed of light or that his powerful voice propelled the ship FTL? It proves his voice propelled the ship FTL. Not that he opens it at the speed of light. But neither does Zatanna.

Golgo13
Cool feat, but I still stand by my initial statement. Whoever gets the first attack off wins and either one could.

Black bolt z
Cool feat, but I still stand by my initial statement. Whoever gets the first attack off wins and either one could. Let me ask you a question. How powerful is Zatanna saying POTS? Who has stopped by saying that? Cuz BB is a high herald.

Golgo13
Let me ask you a question. How powerful is Zatanna saying POTS? Who has stopped by saying that? Cuz BB is a high herald.

Are you messing around, because I stated that a few times. Despero was one of them. And when Zatanna was in a room with some of the world's greatest mages. Among many others.

Blight
Blackbolt is quicker.

Golgo13
Despero has a degree of super speed as well as does Mary Marvel and Lobo.

SasuOna
Mary Marvel was FTL too because she had Black Adam's powers when they fought. That's besides the fact that Zee has legit reaction feats with her astral form flying around the world in minutes
http://i.imgur.com/Xmj9A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4ayHF.jpg

Zatanna really does end up taking this without much trouble imo She's too versatile for BB

iceman24567
Let me ask you a question. How powerful is Zatanna saying POTS? Who has stopped by saying that? Cuz BB is a high herald. She flash koed Amped up Starbreaker with a spell

Harbinger
When the hell did Black Bolt become a high herald? If he's on that level, so is Z based on her feats.

Black bolt z
Are you messing around, because I stated that a few times. Despero was one of them. And when Zatanna was in a room with some of the world's greatest mages. Among many others. I'm sorry, I was thinking the Despero thing was one of her speed feats.Originally posted by Harbinger
When the hell did Black Bolt become a high herald? If he's on that level, so is Z based on her feats. If shes a high herald based on her feats, shes a high herald based on his feats. IMO Black Bolt makes it to the bottom rung of the high herald spectrum.

Golgo13
You can make a case of Z being close to trans on her best day. Even the Justice League top tiers like Superman and Martian Manhunter are scared of her.

Black bolt z
You can make a case of Z being close to trans on her best day. Even the Justice League top tiers like Superman and Martian Manhunter are scared of her. You don't judge people on their best day. On his best day, Thor ranks above Odin.

Endless Mike
You don't judge people on their best day. On his best day, Thor ranks above Odin.

That's Rune King Thor

Damborgson
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's Rune King Thor

Nope its just Thor.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s289/n00b_nation/sports/to-wink.gif

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's Rune King Thor Originally posted by Damborgson
Nope its just Thor.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s289/n00b_nation/sports/to-wink.gif Nope. If you're judging Thor based on his best feats for ranking, he is above Odin.

Golgo13
So where would you rank Z on average and why?

SasuOna
On high tier feats only Z would be up there with the spectre

Black bolt z
So where would you rank Z on average and why? High end of mid herald.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>