Orion vs Blue Marvel (hth/slugfest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins

dmills
Going by his early showings its hard for me to give anyone short of Superman the edge over Adam in h2h.

Cogito
^ wtf?

dmills
Originally posted by Cogito
^ wtf?

You're right. Not even Superman can take the great Blue Marvel.

abhilegend
Orion.Originally posted by dmills
You're right. Not even Superman can take the great Blue Marvel.
You can dream.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
Orion.
You can dream.

He threw a small medal at the moon and nearly destroyed the watcher. Not only would he beat Superman, he'd kill em.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
He threw a small medal at the moon and nearly destroyed the watcher. Not only would he beat Superman, he'd kill em.
Superman would've *killed* that pansy ass watcher by spitting. Like I said you can dream.

Stoic
Blue Marvel should win. With Superman type strength, amped by anti matter. Shyt that's quite the combo to overcome. Every punch would threaten to loosen the molecular bonds holding Orion together.

Golgo13
Orion.

dmills
Superman would've *killed* that pansy ass watcher by spitting. Like I said you can dream.

When the BM stopped that asteroid the size of Arkansas, the vibrations shook all of collective comicdom and ko'd Superman in the DC verse. Every version.

celeyhyga17
This guy wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This guy wins.

Why?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
Why?

Better fighter. Probably more skilled and just as strong.

Stoic
Better fighter. Probably more skilled and just as strong.

If the harness is damaged in space (assuming they battle in space) BM would have a very large advantage over him until such a time that it repairs the damage done to it. Can you see this as a possible stumbling block for Orion? As a low showing perhaps for Orion, in terms of strength, Fire Storm placed a lead block on him that could have been seen as an upper limit strength feat for Orion. I'm not sure if he is as strong as BM TBH.

Golgo13
Orion can reform his harness and he has constant healing abilities through his Mother Box.

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
Orion can reform his harness and he has constant healing abilities through his Mother Box.

Reforming it while in battle would, should, and could prove disastrous when facing off with a guy as powerful as BM. He does not need a device to stay aloft.

celeyhyga17
If the harness is damaged in space (assuming they battle in space) BM would have a very large advantage over him until such a time that it repairs the damage done to it. Can you see this as a possible stumbling block for Orion? As a low showing perhaps for Orion, in terms of strength, Fire Storm placed a lead block on him that could have been seen as an upper limit strength feat for Orion. I'm not sure if he is as strong as BM TBH.

Umm.. OP says hth/slugfest. And he can reform the Astro harness with a gesture.

Golgo13
It takes only a moment to reform, so no biggie.

celeyhyga17
The harness aint gonna get wrecked just like that. It has taken powerful blasts many times. The only way I see it getting busted is if BM targets it directly.

Nihilist
Orion has no gear for this fight

Stoic
The harness aint gonna get wrecked just like that. It has taken powerful blasts many times. The only way I see it getting busted is if BM targets it directly.

Why wouldn't he? Adam appears to be a very intelligent science type. If I were BM that would be the first thing that I would go for in order to tip the odds in my favor. Once done delivering a floater punch like he did to Bob would give him a decisive advantage. He would have air dominance, or at least he should if that were to happen.

It takes only a moment to reform, so no biggie.

A moment has a price tag on it, and at times can be more expensive than others. BM isn't a slowpoke.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Nihilist
Orion has no gear for this fight

So both will be grounded or BM has flight? It would be unfair if BM keeps his flight because Orion's Astro gear is a staple of his powerset and is what gives him flight.

Golgo13
Why wouldn't he? Adam appears to be a very intelligent science type. If I were BM that would be the first thing that I would go for in order to tip the odds in my favor. Once done delivering a floater punch like he did to Bob would give him a decisive advantage. He would have air dominance, or at least he should if that were to happen.

A moment has a price tag on it, and at times can be more expensive than others. BM isn't a slowpoke.

Not someone who is a better fighter. Orion is.

Stoic
So both will be grounded or BM has flight? It would be unfair if BM keeps his flight because Orion's Astro gear is a staple of his powerset and is what gives him flight.

I guess this is just a fight of what God has given them, and no outside help of any kind. You can't really nerf BM, or rob him of his natural gifts, just because Orion can't get around like BM can you? I don't see it as being unfair. BM would win this most likely.

Golgo13
Is BM stats much higher than Superman's? Because Orion has stalemated him before.

Stoic
Is BM stats much higher than Superman's? Because Orion has stalemated him before.

That's really an unknown, but Adam does have all of this to bring to the table.

* Superhuman Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast superhuman strength that is on par with Sentry.

* Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds.

* Superhuman Stamina: Blue Marvel possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.

* Flight: Blue Marvel flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Blue Marvel can fly far beyond supersonic speeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.

* Superhuman Senses: Blue Marvel possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.

* Enhanced Mental Perception: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities.

* Invulnerability: Blue Marvel seems to possess nigh-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.

* Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability to injury, it is possible to injure Blue Marvel. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body.

* Energy Generation: Blue Marvel has the ability to generate and control negative matter energy based on antimatter. He can manipulate this energy for various effects. - Creating energy constructs.
* According to Brashear he is a stable "antimatter reactor", but from his broader explanation what he appears to do is channel exotic particles generated by a stable event horizon caused by the interaction of opposing positive matter and negative matter (Negative Zone) universes. Because Brashear has retained his abilities all this time, it would seem that either the specific generative reaction, that granted him his powers continues at an unseen or subatomic level in the facility where he first gained his abilities, or exotic particles generated by the experiment somehow became quantum entangled with Brashear.

* Adam Brashear holds a PhD in Theoretical Physics, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University.

He isn't a light weight.

Golgo13
Energy based powers is irrelevant, since this is only a hth fight. I take Orion, because he's a better fighter. And has stalemated the ultimate brick, who is Superman. And on more than one occasion.

Harbinger
The Dog of War; don't see BM as being on that level right now.

Stoic
Energy based powers is irrelevant, since this is only a hth fight. I take Orion, because he's a better fighter. And has stalemated the ultimate brick, who is Superman. And on more than one occasion.

Take who you want to, but the idea of Orion being hit with a floater exists, and if he is knocked up into space like Sentry was, it would only be a matter of time before the deep sleep falls on Orion. Adam isn't a bad fighter due to his Marine training. this is why i give him the nod here.

Golgo13
Orion has healing and has fought inside the Fire pits, which is a LOT hotter than the sun. He'll be ok.

Stoic
Orion has healing and has fought inside the Fire pits, which is a LOT hotter than the sun. He'll be ok.

Orion can and has been hurt, so it's not impossible when you consider who he would be facing here. I can see him winning, but it's not out of the question for BM to win either. You know that BM has a healing factor as well right?

Golgo13
Yes, I never said BM couldn't win, but Orion has the experience, fighting ability, and feats to put him in the majority category.

Stoic
Yes, I never said BM couldn't win, but Orion has the experience, fighting ability, and feats to put him in the majority category.

Nah. BM was written to be a seasoned combatant that has the advantage of actually being able to fly, and he's very smart to boot.

Golgo13
Just hth fight and Superman can fly, too and Orion still stalemated him.

Stoic
Just hth fight and Superman can fly, too and Orion still stalemated him.

I bet that if Superman went all out, like he did when he fought Doomsday, or Darkseid that he would turn Orion to paste. Yes this is a H2H battle but if Orion is lifted up into space by a punch there is no way that he could win this. He would be tagged with unanswerable hits, and eventually pass out from this being a nearly one sided match. Not sure if that's logical or not, but it seems to work for me. Let's step out of this favoritism mode, and look at it openly. If they both appeared on the scene together, and I saw BM's abilities vs Orions without any gear, i would go with BM. The lead weight that Firestorm placed on him doesn't help his case either. I think that it was perhaps a low to mid showing for Orion, but somewhere in all of that there must be a median.

Golgo13
Superman did kind of go all out when he was brainwashed and wanting to kill Orion. Orion holds back plenty as well.

Stoic
Superman did kind of go all out when he was brainwashed and wanting to kill Orion. Orion holds back plenty as well.

Orion is no Superman, he would not win if Kal went blood red on him like he did with Darkseid. This does not make him a wimp, just not on Superman's level. Do you think that if Orion and Darkseid had a no holds barred ass kicking match that Orion would do him the way Big Blue did? Again Orion is not Superman, if Kal was punched into space he would be able to return under his own power, Orion would not. Well at least not right away. You need to stop bringing kal up, because he would not be nearly helpless in space while being tagged by a speedster that can fly.

Golgo13
History disagrees with ya.

abhilegend
When the BM stopped that asteroid the size of Arkansas, the vibrations shook all of collective comicdom and ko'd Superman in the DC verse. Every version.
That was nova fool. He koed the dead nova.

dmills
That was nova fool. He koed the dead nova.

Nova tanked it sneer

Gecko4lif
*edit* wrong thread

celeyhyga17
I guess this is just a fight of what God has given them, and no outside help of any kind. You can't really nerf BM, or rob him of his natural gifts, just because Orion can't get around like BM can you? I don't see it as being unfair. BM would win this most likely.

with flight prolly. what's the point of a slugfest if you nerf one character's ability to fly? i think the op meant a real slugfest and no bfr'ing into space/air for potshots. lol with god given gifts because flight is both a part of their powersets. in a true slugfest, aint no way BM is winning. Orion has herald level strength and durability. That showing with the lead is complete cis. It's as bad as Spiderman hurting Firelord with his bare hands. He is also arguably the best combatant of a race of gods. Funny thing is he is prolly more suited in a slugfest than a fight that allows the use of his powerset in its entirety. He takes a majority.

Stoic
with flight prolly. what's the point of a slugfest if you nerf one character's ability to fly? i think the op meant a real slugfest and no bfr'ing into space/air for potshots. lol with god given gifts because flight is both a part of their powersets. in a true slugfest, aint no way BM is winning. Orion has herald level strength and durability. That showing with the lead is complete cis. It's as bad as Spiderman hurting Firelord with his bare hands. He is also arguably the best combatant of a race of gods. Funny thing is he is prolly more suited in a slugfest than a fight that allows the use of his powerset in its entirety. He takes a majority.

No without the harness he does not have the ability to fly. That's like saying that Tony Stark has the power to fly under his own steam without the armor. We both know that he can not. in a slugfest BM would have beaten that entire team of Avengers if he was not trying to talk it out with them. A team which was comprised of Sentry, Wonder Man, Ironman, and Ms. Marvel. The four together make up for quite the power team. We know that BM is top of the food chain herald level.

1. Orion weighs how much? Could BM float him into space with one good shot? I'm thinking yes.

2. Once Orion goes up should BM take it easy, go up and get him from space, bring his ass back down and ask if he'd like to take another trip to the outskirts of the moon, or should he play Dragon Ball Z ping pong with him? Yeah in a real fight I think he'd play ping pong with the now helpless floater named Orion, until the darkness of sleep holds him.

BM for a nice majority.

celeyhyga17
No without the harness he does not have the ability to fly. That's like saying that Tony Stark has the power to fly under his own steam without the armor. We both know that he can not. in a slugfest BM would have beaten that entire team of Avengers if he was not trying to talk it out with them. A team which was comprised of Sentry, Wonder Man, Ironman, and Ms. Marvel. The four together make up for quite the power team. We know that BM is top of the food chain herald level.

1. Orion weighs how much? Could BM float him into space with one good shot? I'm thinking yes.

2. Once Orion goes up should BM take it easy, go up and get him from space, bring his ass back down and ask if he'd like to take another trip to the outskirts of the moon, or should he play Dragon Ball Z ping pong with him? Yeah in a real fight I think he'd play ping pong with the now helpless floater named Orion, until the darkness of sleep holds him.

BM for a nice majority.

his harness is his ability to fly. the harness is part of the character. ure using a bad analogy. anyways in a true h2h fight, Orion 7/10. at least.

Stoic
his harness is his ability to fly. the harness is part of the character. ure using a bad analogy. anyways in a true h2h fight, Orion 7/10. at least.

Tony's boot rockets give him the ability to fly, but without them. Whoops. I know exactly what you were saying, but nope because when Orion floats BM with a good one, BM comes back down due to his natural abilities, but when Orion gets floated, he doesn't have the natural ability to come back, and thus BM can punch him to Orion. I wonder how many punches it would take? You see Orion floated means no leverage. Again BM for the majority due to natural ability. And that's with all analogies, and excuses aside. It's like asking whether or not Spiderman has the natural ability to out leap an average human. We know that he does.

Yep BM for the majority, great fight on the ground though, at least until ... well you know big grin

abhilegend
Orion can fly without astro harness.no expression

Stoic

Oh so that's why he uses that harness to get around. Makes plenty sense. Don't you think? I mean why the heck would he bother flying if he could use the harness right? Show me Orion flying under his own power without some plot device, or being inhabited by the Source. Show me him flying at speeds that rival Superman's and make sure the context is not some cheap one shot.

Also why wouldn't his fan celeyhyga17 know this, or state such in any of his posts? Why doesn't that show up in his bio?

celeyhyga17

u talkin bout the aero disks?

Stoic

I'm thinking that perhaps by firing off Astro Force blasts that he could propel himself in a uni-directional path. that's all I got. this of course would not be enough if BM decided to continue his attack.

abhilegend
Oh so that's why he uses that harness to get around. Makes plenty sense. Don't you think? I mean why the heck would he bother flying if he could use the harness right? Show me Orion flying under his own power without some plot device, or being inhabited by the Source. Show me him flying at speeds that rival Superman's and make sure the context is not some cheap one shot.

Also why wouldn't his fan celeyhyga17 know this, or state such in any of his posts? Why doesn't that show up in his bio?
No need for me to do it. As per the rule unless specified characters retain their standard equipment like wonder woman and thor wouldn't lose their bracers and mjolnir in a slugfest. Blue marvel can't fly at superman level, so its moot anyway.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nope. I would find the scan.

Stoic
No need for me to do it. As per the rule unless specified characters retain their standard equipment like wonder woman and thor wouldn't lose their bracers and mjolnir in a slugfest. Blue marvel can't fly at superman level, so its moot anyway.
Nope. I would find the scan.

The thread starter said no gadgets for this battle, only their natural gifts.

DarkSaint85
OP DID specifically say that Orion had no equipment....granted, its like saying WW has no bracers, or GL has no ring, but it is what it is, I guess.

abhilegend
The thread starter said no gadgets for this battle, only their natural gifts.
Astro harness is no gadget, its orion's power's menifestation. He produces it from his own power.

Stoic
Astro harness is no gadget, its orion's power's menifestation. He produces it from his own power.

That's news to me, I mean this is what is stated about the harness

The "Astro-Harness" is an alien artifact of unknown origin, capable of self-repair; flight at incredible speeds; inter-spatial and inter-dimensional travel energy projection and absorption; force field generation; and possesses a tractor beam.

yeah man you should go and fix that wiki bio of his, because it seems all out of whack, and while you're at it, perhaps a stern letter to those writers that do pesky things like never say that he has a secret fat pocket that he stores that mofo in.

celeyhyga17

yeah but op specifically said no gadgets. he meant the harness. I already know the harness and the astro force are one and the same and that he can produce it at will.

abhilegend

The "Astro-Harness" is an alien artifact of unknown origin, capable of self-repair; flight at incredible speeds; inter-spatial and inter-dimensional travel energy projection and absorption; force field generation; and possesses a tractor beam.

yeah man you should go and fix that wiki bio of his, because it seems all out of whack, and while you're at it, perhaps a stern letter to those writers that do pesky things like never say that he has a secret fat pocket that he stores that mofo in.
That's what you get by reading wiki.

celeyhyga17

http://imageshack.us/f/40/orion21172.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/11/orion21191.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/4/orion21192.jpg/

dmills
I'm not sure I like that my boy celey knows this much about Orion.

laughing

Stoic
That's what you get by reading wiki.

Ha ha, you made a funny.

I had to read the wiki to get a better idea of what Orion can do. I have read some of his appearances, but not many that may have had some key power displays. all the same OP asks for no devices, which includes the harness, but even with it, I believe that BM could cause damage to it allowing him the ability to take advantage of the opening. It would be a good fight no matter.

http://imageshack.us/f/40/orion21172.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/11/orion21191.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/4/orion21192.jpg/

Thanks but I have that comic. Cool display of the Astro Force. That makes Orion a low level matter manipulator.

carver9
Blue Marvel 8/10

Golgo13
I don't think that's a matter manipulation feat in the sense of a Sersi type of character. He just has control over his own tech.

comicfan11
Orion for the majority.

Blue Marvel is impressive, probably the best Marvel Superman clone (Hyperion has to many versions, Sentry was emo and schizo and Glads is usually out of Earth and has the whole confidense thing)

BUT Orion has gone h2h with Supes many times (some of them no holds barred) and Supes NEVER put Orion down, or seemed to have the clear upper hand.

I do believe that Orion has the best record against Superaman as far as "heroes" go in DC (If someone knows better please inform)

Plus Orion might not be fast in terms of traveling speed on his own, but he is more than fast enough to react in h2h.

To sum up Orion is on top of the DC food chain as far as herald level characters go, even when including Supes (IMO).

He'd beat Blue Marvel like he has Supes before.

celeyhyga17
I'm not sure I like that my boy celey knows this much about Orion.

laughing

I aint know shiet bout Orion. I just fakin it... Kiiid..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Blue Marvel 8/10

How? More skilled? Nope.. Stronger? That's debatable..

carver9
How? More skilled? Nope.. Stronger? That's debatable..

He faster, he IS stronger (I have seen Orion fail to lift things that blue Marvel would lift with his pinky toe), skill, you MIGHT have an argument there. I think Blue Marvel punch harder though.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
He faster, he IS stronger (I have seen Orion fail to lift things that blue Marvel would lift with his pinky toe), skill, you MIGHT have an argument there. I think Blue Marvel punch harder though.

please don't bring up that lead bs. How is he faster? And no.. Orion prolly has more skill in his pinky toe than BM has as a whole.

Stoic
Originally posted by comicfan11
Orion for the majority.

Blue Marvel is impressive, probably the best Marvel Superman clone (Hyperion has to many versions, Sentry was emo and schizo and Glads is usually out of Earth and has the whole confidense thing)

BUT Orion has gone h2h with Supes many times (some of them no holds barred) and Supes NEVER put Orion down, or seemed to have the clear upper hand.

I do believe that Orion has the best record against Superaman as far as "heroes" go in DC (If someone knows better please inform)

Plus Orion might not be fast in terms of traveling speed on his own, but he is more than fast enough to react in h2h.

To sum up Orion is on top of the DC food chain as far as herald level characters go, even when including Supes (IMO).

He'd beat Blue Marvel like he has Supes before.

Everything that you stated here is based on how well Orion stands up to Superman, but it is still baseless, and an assumption. I can do the same thing, and say that the team that BM should have and could have stomped would have wrecked Superman, or Orion. While on the other hand BM was trying to talk it out with them. Skill for skill. BM is a competent fighter based on his marine training. Never once was he ever shown as being inept in battle, so to draw upon that saying that he's a rookie is wrong. It does not take 1000 yrs to become a master martial artist, in fact BM has lived long enough to be a grandmaster of several styles.

BM can fly without some harness.

In terms of speed, BM has this in the bag

Strength going by showings BM is stronger, (Firestorm and the lead block?) wasn't Orion trapped in a titanium box? When does an average get drawn? Orion doesn't become stronger with anger, that's the other guy.

Having the ability to one shot Sentry, while hanging back to explain himself shows that BM is the top of the food chain here, because I can see that team giving Orion or Superman the business.

Sorry but for any argument that can be given that Orion takes this, there's one that can be argued that BM can take it.

dmills
Adam does seem to have an extra gear. I don't know if its him doing something with antimatter or what, but when he gets the blue glow thing going people get ktfo.

Unfortunately for Adam, Orion has the "toe to toe" with Superman thing going for him, so kmc logic dictates that BM couldn't possibly ko Orion, never mind that that kind of thing happens in comics all of the time. Ultra powerful character A goes toe to toe with ultra powerful character B only to get beat by ultra powerful new comer C.

Branlor Swift
Orion is vastly more skilled, likely faster in h2h, and hits like a whale dick

Him.

Stoic
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Orion is vastly more skilled, likely faster in h2h, and hits like a whale dick

Him.

You ever get hit by a whale dick? None of the Avengers team that he fought were rookies, and yet BM wasn't going full throttle. He could have, and if he did chances are very high that after he got rid of Bob that he would have cleaned up the rest. After all anyone capable of one shot KOing Sentry is more than capable of doing the same to Wonder Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and the rest of the lower powered hero's that were on the scene.

Since BFR is off, and Orion is not allowed to use the mother box, or the harness, does BM stand there motionless after he floats Orion like he did to Sentry? As for battle speed you have to prove that Orion is faster, stronger, and vastly more skilled.

JakeTheBank
Dog of War.

Branlor Swift
You ever get hit by a whale dick? None of the Avengers team that he fought were rookies, and yet BM wasn't going full throttle. He could have, and if he did chances are very high that after he got rid of Bob that he would have cleaned up the rest. After all anyone capable of one shot KOing Sentry is more than capable of doing the same to Wonder Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and the rest of the lower powered hero's that were on the scene.

Since BFR is off, and Orion is not allowed to use the mother box, or the harness, does BM stand there motionless after he floats Orion like he did to Sentry? As for battle speed you have to prove that Orion is faster, stronger, and vastly more skilled. Impressive.

Orion was beating Darkseid in h2h until Darkseid broke the rules and used his OB's, which hit Darkseid. (skill/strength/reaction feat)
Orion was reacting to Insane Lightray, and beat the absolute shit out of him. A Lightray who was using his speed.
Blue Marvel flash KO'ing a questionably jawed Sentry (at the time) isn't better than getting the upper hand on Darkseid.

Reacts to Mister Miracle Black Racer traveling faster than light. He had the ALE at the time, but the ALE was never shown to upgrade his powers.
http://i50.tinypic.com/20609dl.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2lnbgk1.jpg

Blitzes a large amount of Darkseid's elite in a comatose state:
http://imageshack.us/f/69/orion1807.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/f/718/orion1808.jpg/

There's more, but that should suffice. Blue Marvel's feats of skill and battle speed if you may?

I never said stronger btw.

Golgo13
Swift defending the dog of war? Time for happy joy dance!

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/CM2.gif

JakeTheBank
lol Christina Model.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol Christina Model.

you don't like her?

JakeTheBank
No, just reminds me of my youth and my extra-curricular activities.

Spanking it.

Golgo13
She doesn't look very good now, but back then she was near perfect. I heard it was the drugs. Ah, well.

Mindset
Blue Marvel.

Branlor Swift
Unfortunately for Adam, Orion has the "toe to toe" with Superman thing going for him, so kmc logic dictates that BM couldn't possibly ko Orion, never mind that that kind of thing happens in comics all of the time. Ultra powerful character A goes toe to toe with ultra powerful character B only to get beat by ultra powerful new comer C. What about doing relatively well against Sun amped Superman?

You know, Ultimo Superman.

Superman standing near sun:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-02-03.jpg

Orion vs Superman:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-18.jpg

Superman confirmed he was amped:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-21.jpg

And it's not like this is an outlier with Orion's history either. He's usually written pretty damned high. Better when the only affairs in Mortal stuff is solely with Superman.

It comes down to this, should we delete his numerous numerous fights against Superman/Darkseid where he does extremely well as well as many many other great feats because he got jobbed out against Doomsday, Kalibak/Firestorm, and both him and Supes jobbed to Shaggy Man, because you don't feel he should be judged solely by his Superman fights which many people who don't know a lot about Orion are prone to do?
Unfornunately this many fights against Superman isn't an accident. And the characters in DC like Orion/Marvel/others are proven to be Superman level, as opposed to simple Superman clones in Marvel we feel should be. They aren't just "I fought Superman" characters either, they have a good history with high level feats.

As well as Orion slaughters Nova.

Mindset
I've seen nothing from Orion in this thread that leads me to believe he can beat Black Dynamite...I mean, Blue Marvel.

dmills
What about doing relatively well against Sun amped Superman?

You know, Ultimo Superman.

Superman standing near sun:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-02-03.jpg

Orion vs Superman:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-17.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-18.jpg

Superman confirmed he was amped:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupesMOT-13-21.jpg

And it's not like this is an outlier with Orion's history either. He's usually written pretty damned high. Better when the only affairs in Mortal stuff is solely with Superman.

It comes down to this, should we delete his numerous numerous fights against Superman/Darkseid where he does extremely well as well as many many other great feats because he got jobbed out against Doomsday, Kalibak/Firestorm, and both him and Supes jobbed to Shaggy Man, because you don't feel he should be judged solely by his Superman fights which many people who don't know a lot about Orion are prone to do?
Unfornunately this many fights against Superman isn't an accident. And the characters in DC like Orion/Marvel/others are proven to be Superman level, as opposed to simple Superman clones in Marvel we feel should be. They aren't just "I fought Superman" characters either, they have a good history with high level feats.

As well as Orion slaughters Nova.

That's all fine and well. It certainly works in his favor. But the point I was attempting to make is that in a forum setting it's not always as simple as who you've fought. Sometimes it takes looking at each individual match up, Breaking down the resume, what skills /abilities they bring to the table etc (which you did btw) gives us the knowledge we need to come to a rational decision as to who wins. If we take the parochial approach of "he punched Superman really hard thus he wins" then its not even worth our time to look at the vast majority of any of these matches.

You just happened to come into the thread at the right time and give the added depth to the thread that was lacking. Enough so that you make me lean towards Orion in this.

Nova would make Orion bow down and join the Nova corps... As a denarian sneer

the Darkone
Orion, is a better fighter and does have the astro force!! This strictly H2h it Orion all the way, other abilities still Orion!!

the Darkone
? why isn't Marvel using Blue Marvel more, he could easily by the MM of the Avengers he has some potential better than Sentry!?

dmills
Originally posted by the Darkone
? why isn't Marvel using Blue Marvel more, he could easily by the MM of the Avengers he has some potential better than Sentry!?

He's kinda hard to place in a primary Avengers squad. They have brains (Stark/Pym) and they have plenty of muscle. The academy could use a heavyweight like him in the role of teacher/mentor. I could see Hickman using him on the New Avengers.

Branlor Swift
They should make an all black team with Blue Marvel on it under Bendis.

Luke Cage would be the muscle.

dmills
They should make an all black team with Blue Marvel on it under Bendis.

So it'd be Cage, Blue Marvel, Black Panther, Storm, bring back Maxam. Add in Misty Knight for lulz.

Who am I missing? Goliath, I think Quantum was black too.

the Darkone
He's kinda hard to place in a primary Avengers squad. They have brains (Stark/Pym) and they have plenty of muscle. The academy could use a heavyweight like him in the role of teacher/mentor. I could see Hickman using him on the New Avengers.

I can see him on any the avengers team, you never have too much muscle!!

DarkSaint85
So it'd be Cage, Blue Marvel, Black Panther, Storm, bring back Maxam. Add in Misty Knight for lulz.

Who am I missing? Goliath, I think Quantum was black too.

There's already a team called Dark Avengers. evil face

Mindset

Who am I missing? Goliath, I think Quantum was black too. Thor.

celeyhyga17

Nah.. I gotz a better idea. He should be the top agent for S.W.O.R.D.
First line of defense against extraterrestrials.. From there he can call Avengers, X-Men, Alpha Flight, SHIELD, etc. etc. He does have some kinda moon base doesn't he? He would be the first big gun when E.T. comes a knockin.

iceman24567

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/25as209.gif

carver9
I don't care what Celey thinks, Blue Marvel 8/10.

dmills
Nah.. I gotz a better idea. He should be the top agent for S.W.O.R.D.
First line of defense against extraterrestrials.. From there he can call Avengers, X-Men, Alpha Flight, SHIELD, etc. etc. He does have some kinda moon base doesn't he? He would be the first big gun when E.T. comes a knockin.

I like it. But unfortunately if we ever want to see him featured it'll have to be in a book that sales but sucks as opposed to a good book that doesn't sale. Hell of an idea though.

I'm going to read the. S.W.O.R.D mini run tonight along with Adam's mini. Both are more interesting then anything going on at Marvel at the moment.

On another note, what do you make of this new Nova thing celey?

KingD19
Monica Rambaeu/Rembau would be a good energy manipulator for the team.

celeyhyga17
I like it. But unfortunately if we ever want to see him featured it'll have to be in a book that sales but sucks as opposed to a good book that doesn't sale. Hell of an idea though.

I'm going to read the. S.W.O.R.D mini run tonight along with Adam's mini. Both are more interesting then anything going on at Marvel at the moment.

On another note, what do you make of this new Nova thing celey?

as in the reboot? u talkin bout his new look?

dmills
as in the reboot? u talkin bout his new look?

Ya. They really seem to be dragging their feet with the details.

Blight
They gotta bring back Triathlon. Bendis would LOVE writing him!

dmills
Originally posted by Blight
They gotta bring back Triathlon. Bendis would LOVE writing him!

That's another one. Also kid Power man if he counts as black. And what's the guy who's the leader of the Heavy Hitters?

The team can be called The Brotha Brigade eek!

Mindset
That's another one. Also kid Power man if he counts as black. And what's the guy who's the leader of the Heavy Hitters?

Sebastian Shaw.

Blight
Rhino could be their token white guy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.