Days of Future Past vs...... Kingdom Come

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Not a traditional versus forum fight, but I was wondering which is the overall better storyline?

Character development, plot, overrall story telling ability, art, etc?

Cogito
Kingdom Come is about as good it gets.

Sin I AM
Really I liked the xmen story a tad bit better, it gave me a feeling that there's always a way to fix what has went wrong...plus the characterization to me is the standard for the xmen

abhilegend
Kingdom come.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
Kingdom come.

Care to elaborate

-Pr-
Not generally a fan of Wolverine-centric stories, and in general I thought Kingdom Come was better written anyway...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Care to elaborate
Nope.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not generally a fan of Wolverine-centric stories, and in general I thought Kingdom Come was better written anyway...

u didn't like oml? I agree the recent ones are shitfests but generally speaking I like his older stuff

-Pr-
u didn't like oml? I agree the recent ones are shitfests but generally speaking I like his older stuff

oml?

Newjak
I'm assuming Old Man Logan?

Sin I AM
Yea old man Logan had a decent storyline, nice artwork

-Pr-
Yea old man Logan had a decent storyline, nice artwork

...no. that book was horrible.

Stoic
They were both very well written arcs, but Days of Future Past edges Kingdom out for me. I have yet to get that same feeling from any arc that Days of Future Past gave me. Old Man Logan was also well done.

Sin I AM
...no. that book was horrible.

R u serious?

Golgo13
Kingdom, but it's close.

-Pr-
R u serious?

R u surprised?

Yes, I'm serious.

Harbinger
Days of Future Past for me, though KC was a damn well done arc.

Sin I AM
R u surprised?

Yes, I'm serious.

Yes actually.figured u were a little bias but I wouldn't call it trash

-Pr-
Biased how?

In terms of how it treated the other X-Men, it was pretty bad I thought.

DarkSaint85
Prefer Kingdom Come. Especially when you take into account the time when it came out, what was going on in comics..

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Kingdom Come was a detailed critique of everything that was wrong with 90s era of comics. Hell, Magog was described as an amalgamation of the 90s.

Horrificus
...no. that book was horrible. I agree. I could have guessed 75% of that storyline. No new ideas.

But, on the other hand, Kingdom Come was, simply put, "Iconic".
There was a sense of Giants returning to Earth.
Lots of tension and menace.

Awesome.

abhilegend
I get chills everytime I read superman's return in KC and captain marvel colliding superman in issue 3. And of course their legendary fight in issue 4.

Uriel005
Kingdom Come for storyline though DoFP was not bad by any means. But the ideas behind Kingdom Come, the morality of the new age heroes and the worldweariness that the older heroes showed really touched me. Also in terms of the artwork why would you put that up for contention... Alex Ross all the way in my book.

Sin I AM
So a better comparison would have been earth x?

DarkSaint85
Probably. But that stuff was way too convoluted and weird.

Blight
And the art paled in comparison.

carver9
KC was better.

godking
KC

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Blight
And the art paled in comparison.

Same artist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.