Ozymandias vs. Bane (Movie Versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
This is to keep all the Ozy vs. Bane debate out of multiple other threads.

ares834
Ozy sadly. The guy can catch bullets.

juggerman
Ozy easily

Galan007
ozy is definitely faster. i believe bane is stronger. skill-wise they're likely rough equals. ozy's a smart phucker, though-- i could see him targeting bane's mask pretty quick out of the gate... and once bane's mask is compromised, he seems to falter pretty quickly.

but sans weakness exploitation, this would be a really good fight, imo.

JakeTheBank
Leaning towards Bane.

I think Ozy is fast enough to dodge strikes, but not so fast that he could avoid Bane from getting a grip on him. Also don't see Ozy no selling Bane like he did Nite Owl.

SasuOna
Ozy could shatter bones at the age of ten
He's gonna wreck Bane in any type of fight

Golgo13
What's with all the Bane wankery? Ozy has this. Faster, probably just as strong, and smarter to boot.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SasuOna

Good for him. Bane can shatter pillars.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SasuOna

Was that stated in the movie?

KingD19
Rather it was stated or not, he could catch a bullet, fight two rather accomplished fighters at the same time, jump dozens of feet and send those same people flying even further. Bane shattering one crumbling doesn't compare to sending a human being 30-50 feet with a single hit.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good for him. Bane can shatter pillars. For the love of Christ people need to get off of Bane's cock.

Bane made a very small dent on the surface of some pillars.

Ozymandias stomps this fight. Add Batman and Catwoman, and he'd still stomp this fight.

He's much faster than Bane, considerably stronger, skill is frankly so irrelevant it doesn't merit mention, but he is certainly the smarter combatant.

I realise that Bane is the new hot shit in comic movies, but he doesn't stand a chance against Ozymandias.

Even lesser fighters like Silk Spectre could snap bones with a single palm thrust. Bane had to use Batman's own momentum backed by his weight and both of BAne's arms to barely break his back.

Ozymandias wrecks.

TheGodKiller
Oz takes this .

Blight
Ozzy Wins.

Bouboumaster
Ozy beats the shit out of Bane, Batman and Catwoman, if the trio make the mistake of attacking him.

He reduces them to pulps.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

The ****er is superhuman.

iceman24567
Leaning towards Ozy

Black bolt z
Originally posted by NemeBro
For the love of Christ people need to get off of Bane's cock.

Ozymandias stomps this fight. Add Batman and Catwoman, and he'd still stomp this fight.

He's much faster than Bane, considerably stronger, skill is frankly so irrelevant it doesn't merit mention, but he is certainly the smarter combatant.

I realise that Bane is the new hot shit in comic movies, but he doesn't stand a chance against Ozymandias.

Even lesser fighters like Silk Spectre could snap bones with a single palm thrust. Bane had to use Batman's own momentum backed by his weight and both of BAne's arms to barely break his back.

Ozymandias wrecks. Small dent? He took out a good-sized chunk out of solid concrete pillar.

No way is Ozy stronger than Bane. Skill most certainly does matter, and don't act like Bane is slow. He's pretty fast himself.

Stop ozy wanking.

iceman24567
For the love of Christ people need to get off of Bane's cock.

Ozymandias wrecks. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/stfu.gif

Mindset

You didn't see the movie.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Small dent? He took out a good-sized chunk out of solid concrete pillar.

No way is Ozy stronger than Bane. Skill most certainly does matter, and don't act like Bane is slow. He's pretty fast himself.

Stop ozy wanking. Bane made a small dent with two haymakers.

Ozymandias threw a grown, rather large man through reinforced glass from across the room, and kicked Walt a good 30+ feet hard enough to make him slam against the wall.

Bane was never shown to be supremely skilled either. He was just virtually immune to pain and much stronger than Batman, skill will factor little into a fight where both combatants are superhuman (Ozymandias much moreso than Bane).

Bane isn't a quarter as fast as Ozymandias. Nowhere did Bane demonstrate superhuman speed. Ozymandias caught a bullet from point-blank.

Add in Batman and Catwoman, Ozymandias still wins.

the ninjak
Anyone who believes Bane can win this is severely biased.

Black bolt z
Bane made a small dent with two haymakers.

Ozymandias threw a grown, rather large man through reinforced glass from across the room, and kicked Walt a good 30+ feet hard enough to make him slam against the wall.

Bane was never shown to be supremely skilled either. He was just virtually immune to pain and much stronger than Batman, skill will factor little into a fight where both combatants are superhuman (Ozymandias much moreso than Bane).

Bane isn't a quarter as fast as Ozymandias. Nowhere did Bane demonstrate superhuman speed. Ozymandias caught a bullet from point-blank.

Add in Batman and Catwoman, Ozymandias still wins. He made much larger than a small dent.

Bane was showed as skilled enough to tangle with Batman. Not as skilled as Ozy, but still pretty skilled.

Skill will factor into the fight. And so will durability. So I don't see how your just ignoring Bane's massive durability.

Thats not true either.

KingD19
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Small dent? He took out a good-sized chunk out of solid concrete pillar.

Stop ozy wanking.

Did his blows and throws send Batman flying? Was he able to jump dozens of feet in the air? I haven't seen the movie so I'm asking legit questions, but Ozy displayed enough feats to show that he could concievably do the same thing Bane did. Catching a bullet, knocking 200+lb men clear across rooms, jumping several feet in the air from a standstill, throwing a 250+lb man out of a reinforced glass window and shattering it like it was breakaway movie glass, etc..

the ninjak
No Bane can't do any of those things.

carver9
Ozy stomps.

Mindset
Bane can do all of those things and more.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindset
Bane can do all of those things and more.

Because he showed the implied ability to do so right? Or pulled off the feats to show he could do that. cool

Nibedicus
Ozy tosses Bane out a window.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Because he showed the implied ability to do so right? Or pulled off the feats to show he could do that. cool Sorry, this thread is for people who have seen the movie.

The exit is to your left.

KingD19
I'll listen to the thread starter. That's not you though so yeah. -stays where he is-

Black bolt z
I'll listen to the thread starter. That's not you though so yeah. -stays where he is- Originally posted by Mindset
Sorry, this thread is for people who have seen the movie.

The exit is to your left. Happy?

Mindset
http://www.americandoor.com/images/firedoor2.jpg

KingD19
Whateva...I do what I want.

-stays-

ares834
Anyone saying Bane merely dents concrete is blatantly lying...

But Ozy can catch bullets... He wins.

Uriel005
hell in movie comedian put his fist through granite in the opening fight at a relatively old age. tough old man. Also I remember him adrian saying in comic saying that he worried about Comedian's raw strength/fighting abilities when he was younger.

h1a8
Catching a bullet takes superhuman strength.
Guess what is the minimum force required?

Uriel005
Originally posted by h1a8
Guess what is the minimum force required? not as much a matter of strength but speed and durability. Also the amount of force to stop a bullet is not as much as you would think. The velocity is high but the mass is low so the kinetic energy isnt as high as you would think. It's why people wearing a bullet resistant vest dont get blown away after taking have a clip on full auto.

ares834
^ Yep

cdtm
..and shattering it like it was breakaway movie glass, etc..

laughing out loud You can almost believe it "was" break away movie glass!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by h1a8
Guess what is the minimum force required?

It also takes ballistic gloves.

And I guess...75 Newtons.

Uriel005
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It also takes ballistic gloves.

And I guess...75 Newtons. 9mm, .45cal, .44 cal, .50 Cal parabellum? fmj? acp? magnum?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Uriel005
9mm, .45cal, .44 cal, .50 Cal parabellum? fmj? acp? magnum?

75 Newtons for everything.

Badabing
Moved

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834
Anyone saying Bane merely dents concrete is blatantly lying...

But Ozy can catch bullets... He wins. Convenient that the quality is so shitty that you only see the outline of what he did.

That's a dent, with the actual removed concrete being smaller than the size of Bane's fist in the middle.

Does Bane have superhuman strength? Sure.

But he has nothing on Ozymandias.

ares834
Yes, because a large chunk of concrete almost falling out is a dent...

the ninjak
Bane broke the outer layer of the pillar which was cement. And underneath was brown rock.

An impressive feat regardless. But he felt no pain and spent years learning how to broke bricks and blocks no doubt. Plus he was raging.

Ozy jump 15 ft into the sky. Shoved bodies down into stone and breaking it underneath. Kicked large men across rooms.

Bane just doesn't compare.

Robtard
A) Bane's not landing a single blow on Ozymandias unless Ozymandias wants.

B) Ozyamandias could stand still and let Bane pummel him for a few minutes and Bane would still lose once Ozymandias starts attacking.

C) Fight could over in one hit, Ozymandias shatters Bane's mask with a punch or kick.

Take your pick.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
A) Bane's not landing a single blow on Ozymandias unless Ozymandias wants.

B) Ozyamandias could stand still and let Bane pummel him for a few minutes and Bane would still lose once Ozymandias starts attacking.

C) Fight could over in one hit, Ozymandias shatters Bane's mask with a punch or kick.

Take your pick.

lol

Mindship
Oz ftw. Faster, stronger. Frankly, though I loved the movie, neither Batman nor Bane impressed me as wtf-level fighters (read: both were much more realistic than Ozy).

KingD19
Of course they were. Nolan wanted his world as realistic as possible.

ares834

Doubtful... Ozy wins easily enough, but Bane does break concrete with his punches. I can't see him taking more than a few before going down.

BlackZero30x
I don't think people watched the same version of TDKR that I did. Bane was strong but not superhuman strong

Robtard
Doubtful... Ozy wins easily enough, but Bane does break concrete with his punches. I can't see him taking more than a few before going down.

Batman took several hits and didn't shatter, Ozymandias could take far more.

Ozymandias let Nite Owl pummel him with all he had and suffered little more than a few bruises and a cut lip

ares834
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I don't think people watched the same version of TDKR that I did. Bane was strong but not superhuman strong

Yeah, apparently not. Because the version I saw clearly had him breaking concrete with punches.

Batman took several hits and didn't shatter, Ozymandias could take far more.

Ozymandias let Nite Owl pummel him with all he had and suffered little more than a few bruises and a cut lip

Well, Bats had his armor on which allows him to take massive falls that crush cars frames without damage.

And it's been awhile since I've seen Watchmen, but what did Nite Owl do that was impressive strength wise?

BlackZero30x
Yeah, apparently not. Because the version I saw clearly had him breaking concrete with punches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjakBg7mLJw&feature=related roll eyes (sarcastic)

ares834
Yeah, because having thin separated concrete slabs on lifts is the same thing as breaking thick concrete that is supported entirely by a pillar...

Robtard
Well, Bats had his armor on which allows him to take massive falls that crush cars frames without damage.

And it's been awhile since I've seen Watchmen, but what did Nite Owl do that was impressive strength wise?

Fox said it wouldn't stop a direct knife blow in TDK, iirc.

He caused compound fractures with simple hits and sent a man flying with a kick in the alley fight scene, iirc. He, like the rest of the Watchmen are superhuman to some degree.

BlackZero30x
He went down the line and broke over what 200 slabs? Bane literally punched twice and broke what about 2-4 in's into that pillar? All I hear is people saying "he nearly broke that thing in half" It's getting so bad I am waiting for a "TDKR Bane Vs Dr. Manhattan" He was strong for the universe he was placed in but that's it.

Point is I wasn't saying the guy in the video was some uber strong man or even stronger then bane but the guy clearly broke more concrete then bane. So yes it is possible to break concrete without being "super strong" People also seem to not be taking into account that Bane not being able to feel pain also probably allowed him to use his upper limits without feeling affect. In our world he would probably be placed as a lower to middle end strong man that's it.

ares834

How do you not realize the difference between what Bane did and what the guy in the video did?

Let's do an experiment.. Take a thin board and support it like they do in the video then break it. Easy enough. Now glue it up to a wall and try to break it... That's far harder. Plus the guy in the video broke separated slabs which makes it far easier. Bane broke one thick slab.

BlackZero30x
"Point is I wasn't saying the guy in the video was some uber strong man or even stronger then bane"

I understand the difference!

you can argue all you want but to save a bunch of needless arguments when you can prove to me Bane was stronger then this I will submit he was super strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKcVJsPgp3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV0CTolIb94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXqCcE1Ras0&feature=related

ares834
lol

FrothByte
Bane punching that pillar wasn't really that impressive though. The pillar didn't seem like it was solid concrete all throughout, mostly like concrete on the outside and hollow blocks on the inside. Looked more like plaster if you ask me.

In any case, Bruce Lee can shatter a block of ice with one punch. It wouldn't be a stretch to imagine an equally talented martial artist who's heaving and stronger than Bruce Lee can shatter concrete. It still doesn't put Bane in superhuman strength category.

ares834
It didn't appear to be concrete all the way through. No. Still a good few inches. Plus it had backing which makes it far harder. It is pretty much Superhuman. Any normal human who would try such would break only their hand.

NemeBro
I'd have punched the pillar so hard it would have flown into the sun at superluminal speeds and caused an early supernova, actually.

ares834
Impressive. Most impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.