Bane vs Thor (Movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
mortal Thor vs Bane. Who takes it??

psycho gundam
thor get's oneshotted

ares834
Bane and it's not pretty.

Shabazz916
Thor cnt be that weak as a mortal come On now.

JakeTheBank
Bane.

Thor displayed the skill and strength to mow through what Agent Coulson described as some of the most highly trained men in the world, but not enough to warrant him beating Bane.

psycho gundam
to be honest, i didn't even see that it said "mortal" thor.

Golgo13
Thor beats him down with his hammer.

KingD19
With his d*ck? Because that's the only hammer he has access to in human form.

BruceSkywalker
bane curbstomps...

Originally posted by Golgo13
Thor beats him down with his hammer.

mortal thor had no hammer...

ozz81
yeah bane majority... But if thor hits his mask then maybe subdue him could win etc..

Colossus-Big C
Google.com

pym-ftw
Bane beat an old and hurt batman, then lost a fight to said old and hurt batman

Thor beat a bunch of shield agents listed as some of the best in the world

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Google.com

Oh, CBC, never change.

Bane.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Bane beat an old and hurt batman, then lost a fight to said old and hurt batman

Thor beat a bunch of shield agents listed as some of the best in the world

bane was brought down by guns that could blow up a tumbler.

old and hurt batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$2 shield agents

Black bolt z
Thor. Easily.

Badabing
Moved

FrothByte
Thor... and simply because Hemsworth actually achieved to bulk up properly for his role unlike Hardy.

FrothByte
Seriously though, Bane looked stronger and with that mask he's pretty much impervious to pain.

From a skill stand point though, Thor actually looked more skilled. All Bane ever did was throw big haymakers, low kicks, and one turning roundhouse haymaker (most ridiculous move I've seen in choreography).

Thor looked faster even for a big guy, ducking and dodging around people. AND he has a drop kick.

Still, human Thor seemed vulnerable, getting his fair share of hits. So Bane... but not as easily as people may think.

NemeBro
Bane to me came off as a skilled fighter who just had the good fortune to be impervious to pain, so he didn't have to rely on his fighting skill very much even against Batman.

Psychotron
Didn't someone make this thread already?

Tzeentch._
Eh. Bane lost to a rusty dude who had no cartilage in his legs and had spent the last five months in a shitty prison eating bread and water. Thor effortlessly handled a team of people who were confirmed on-screen to be some of the most well-trained fighters in the world.

I give Bane a 6/10 majority, but it'd be a close fight.

FrothByte
Another thing to consider is that Thor probably has had more training and way more experience in fighting that both Batman and Bane combined. Just putting that out there.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Eh. Bane lost to a rusty dude who had no cartilage in his legs and had spent the last five months in a shitty prison eating bread and water. Thor effortlessly handled a team of people who were confirmed on-screen to be some of the most well-trained fighters in the world.

I give Bane a 6/10 majority, but it'd be a close fight.

I like how you forget to mention that Batman exploited Bane's weakness.

TBH if you were to look at them and then judge Thor would seem like the winner because his body >>> Bane's.

However Bane did convincingly, if not plain humiliated, beat Batman. He also punches holes into concrete pillars.

Bane should take it. Thor might put up a better fight than Baleman.

Nibedicus
Just wanted to ask what sort of "skill" did Batman display during his fight with Bane that makes him seem so uber?

Mindset
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

I give Bane a 6/10 majority, but it'd be a close fight. Did you miss the part where Batman gave himself a bionic enhancement?

lilshogun
Mortal Thor cus he still has the warrior within him and took a hit from the Destroyer.

the ninjak
Originally posted by lilshogun
Mortal Thor cus he still has the warrior within him and took a hit from the Destroyer.

Estacado
And almost died....

the ninjak
almost.......but beat the freakin DESTROYER!!!!!!!!

ares834
By having his full divine power... Which he doesn't have here.

the ninjak
I reckon the "almost died" factor is more in question donchathink?

ares834
TBH I thought he died and came back to life...

the ninjak
Ain't devine power a *****?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ares834
TBH I thought he died and came back to life...

i would near death

Lestov16
25VEmsjWmDo

sLro095y3Hc

I'm going to say Bane

BlackZero30x
The funny thing is Thors not even trying in that clip you posted. He is only concerned with getting his hammer.

Lestov16
He wasn't trying when he got slammed to the ground by the black dude at 1:07 roll eyes (sarcastic) , and I'm sure that black dude can't punch holes through concrete

BlackZero30x
lmao yup you are so right thor being knocked back by surprise was him trying

this is to much

roughrider
It would be a pretty close and vicious fight, but with his centuries of experience, I bet Mortal Thor goes for Bane's mask early. Unlike Batman, who left that until late in the 2nd fight.

Lestov16
Once again, black dude wasn't a concrete puncher, and he presented a bit of a challenge to Thor. Bane on the other hand was lifting Bats by the neck with one hand and carrying him (2:08). Thor gets knocked to the ground, while Bane withstands the blows and breaks backs

And as far as the mask goes, didn't Bats need the blade of his glove to sever that? Because Bane gets hit in the face many other times throughout the film and it doesn't seem to affect him at all

BlackZero30x
Thor hit him a total of 5 times and he was done....

What challenge did he pose? The close line that thor laughed off? the punches that didn't appear to cause him pain or the choke hold he broke with one hit? Maybe it was the throw that thor got up and WTF pwned him with a single drop kick?

watch the video again and watch how Thor is running through trying to get his hammer. He stops beats up few guys in his path then runs from some other people. He just beat a group of people why run from another especially when he showed he could handle them quite easily? The reason isn't because he is scared it's because he wants his hammer. He gets surprised and smiles fights back and instead of drawing out the fight he ends it with a drop kick. The only person that looked like a threat to me was Hawkeye.

I get your point though. A guy got a few blows in and tbh failed entirely at incapacitating him at all. But your thinking is if this guy got a few hits in what would prevent Bane? My simple answer is...Thor wont be distracted by the thought "I want to grab my hammer and leave here" he will actually be ready to compete in a full on fight. He is a highly trained warrior with TONS of experience that won't take light of Bane.

Lestov16
Watch both the videos again. Black dude no sold his punch (his "I fought bigger" punch) and was beating him until he tackled him out of the tent. And, once again, Black dude was not near Bane. Bane would have obviously no sold his punch and delivered a concrete-smashing haymaker, which would have put Thor down, considering his reaction to black dude's hit. Bane wins this.

BlackZero30x
So you are saying that a guy that got hit by the destroy (granted he is dieing but not Ko'ed) gets Ko'ed by a single punch from Bane?.....

Lestov16
Yeah, he was about to die had the magic of his world not been centered around "sacrifice", allowing him to get his powers back. You're acting like he no-sold it. So yeah I am saying a guy who would have been killed by the destroyer and got knocked to the floor by a black dude would get Ko'ed (maybe not a single punch, but still) by a guy who feels no pain, no sells hits from Batman, is able to lift armored men off the ground and carry them, and can punch through concrete (After getting his mask damaged). That's exactly what I'm saying

Newjak
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
So you are saying that a guy that got hit by the destroy (granted he is dieing but not Ko'ed) gets Ko'ed by a single punch from Bane?..... I don't think the destroyer was giving everything it had in that punch. More like a casual backhand.

BlackZero30x
ok the fact he lived had nothing to do with my point. My point was he was durable enough to take that hit without an outright Ko. Unless you are saying Bane is stronger then The Destroyer he's not just simply getting a Ko. Your still on that fight with the big dude? lol Anyways prove that banes fighting skill trumps Thors and I will submit.

EDIT: @newjak: was that little back hand less powerful then a hit from bane?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
Once again, black dude wasn't a concrete puncher, and he presented a bit of a challenge to Thor. Bane on the other hand was lifting Bats by the neck with one hand and carrying him (2:08). Thor gets knocked to the ground, while Bane withstands the blows and breaks backs

And as far as the mask goes, didn't Bats need the blade of his glove to sever that? Because Bane gets hit in the face many other times throughout the film and it doesn't seem to affect him at all

And how would you know that this guy wasn't a "concrete" puncher hmm? There wasn't exactly any pillars around for him to punch. Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he CAN'T do it. So there's no way for you to actually say that this black dude isn't as strong or maybe even stronger than Bane.

We do know he's bigger though. And one thing we didn't see in TDKR was Bane fighting a bigger man. Mostly Bane just fought/killed some of his henchmen and some policemen. His only major challenge was an out of condition Batman. I don't care how hard Bat's trained for 5 months, being out of action for 7-8 yrs is sure to take you out of your game.

Thor on the other hand is bigger, heavier, and in better shape than either Bane or Batman. He has been training longer and has displayed more skill than Bane. Another thing to consider is that Thor was unarmed when he took on that Shield base whereas the Shield agents were all armed.

Lestov16
Dude was laying on the ground helplessly dying. Pretty sure that counts as a TKO. Once again, Black dude nailed him to the floor, and he isn't a concrete puncher, so imagine what Bane's hits will do to him. And yeah, the Black dude is still relevant, because, as I said, he posed a challenge to Thor, and Bane is a far deadlier fighter than him

Newjak
ok the fact he lived had nothing to do with my point. My point was he was durable enough to take that hit without an outright Ko. Unless you are saying Bane is stronger then The Destroyer he's not just simply getting a Ko. Your still on that fight with the big dude? lol Anyways prove that banes fighting skill trumps Thors and I will submit.

EDIT: @newjak: was that little back hand less powerful then a hit from bane? It's hard to say what level i would put that hit on, but it was obviously wasn't a hard one consdiering Thor was still human at the time and if the destroyer put any effort into that hit it would taken Thor's head clean off.

Personally I think Loki wanted Thor to suffer so only hit him hard enough to keep him barely alive while he slowly died.

BlackZero30x
Dude was laying on the ground helplessly dying. Pretty sure that counts as a TKO. Once again, Black dude nailed him to the floor, and he isn't a concrete puncher, so imagine what Bane's hits will do to him. And yeah, the Black dude is still relevant, because, as I said, he posed a challenge to Thor, and Bane is a far deadlier fighter than him

ok.....

1) A KO happens when you have so much pain that your body shuts down.

2) fyi my post isn't speaking for an incapacitation it is speaking to Thors damage soak as a mortal.

3) If The destroyer(even if it was a back hand) didn't produce enough force to render Thor unconscious then how will bane?

I have already pointed out Thor ened the fight in five hit's that doesn't seem like trouble to me. Also as I said before if Bane is a deadlier fighter prove it.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Newjak
It's hard to say what level i would put that hit on, but it was obviously wasn't a hard one consdiering Thor was still human at the time and if the destroyer put any effort into that hit it would taken Thor's head clean off.

Personally I think Loki wanted Thor to suffer so only hit him hard enough to keep him barely alive while he slowly died.

Im not arguing that.

Lets say bane was in place of The Destroyer with one punch would bane have been able to produce that much force? iirc Thor went flying when he got hit.

Lestov16
1) His body was shutting down. He was dying.....
2) Regarding his damage soak as a mortal, he fell to the floor after getting hit by a dude who at no point matched Bane's strength or skill.
3) Once again, if he gets floored by a black dude, he'll be floored by Bane

Newjak
Im not arguing that.

Lets say bane was in place of The Destroyer with one punch would bane have been able to produce that much force? iirc Thor went flying when he got hit. It probably wouldn't have sent Thor flying but at the same time I don't think in order to beat Thor you have to be able to produce the same power output the Destroyer did in that scene.

I think a concrete caving pillar punch would be enough to one shot Thor if it landed square.

Lestov16
It probably wouldn't have sent Thor flying but at the same time I don't think in order to beat Thor you have to be able to produce the same power output the Destroyer did in that scene.

I think a concrete caving pillar punch would be enough to one shot Thor if it landed square.

thumb up

BlackZero30x
1) His body was shutting down. He was dying.....
2) Regarding his damage soak as a mortal, he fell to the floor after getting hit by a dude who at no point matched Bane's strength or skill.
3) Once again, if he gets floored by a black dude, he'll be floored by Bane

1)....him dying had nothing to to with the point of my argument...

2) yes he got knocked down and not hurt what so ever....obviously that means he gets beat by bane roll eyes (sarcastic)

3) this is the third time I have requested for you to prove to me Bane is so great and skilled.....still nothing aye?

It probably wouldn't have sent Thor flying but at the same time I don't think in order to beat Thor you have to be able to produce the same power output the Destroyer did in that scene.

NO I agree you don't need to reproduce the same amount of force to beat him but I don't see bane one hit Ko'ing Thor especially considering a hit from the destroyer didn't render him unconscious.

Newjak
1)....him dying had nothing to to with the point of my argument...

2) yes he got knocked down and not hurt what so ever....obviously that means he gets beat by bane roll eyes (sarcastic)

3) this is the third time I have requested for you to prove to me Bane is so great and skilled.....still nothing aye?

NO I agree you don't need to reproduce the same amount of force to beat him but I don't see bane one hit Ko'ing Thor especially considering a hit from the destroyer didn't render him unconscious. You know it is actually hard to really KO a human being in one shot.

What is easy to do is crack a skull, rupture internal organs, break ribs that kind of thing.

Even if Thor isn't KOed I think one solid pillar breaking hit from Bane is going to leave Thor down and unable to continue.

Notice I said one solid, Thor might be able to dance around a bit but I believe Bane can put Thor down in one well connected blow.

I mean Batman was a a very skilled human being surrounded in body armor and Bane was still working him over with his punching power.

Lestov16
1) Yes it does. You are trying to say he withstood the hit, when he didn't.Just because he wasn't outright unconscious doesn't mean he wasn't Koed

2)No he still got knocked to the ground. Bane hits far harder than that black dude.

3) This:
25VEmsjWmDo

not the first time I posted the video either. Improper research skills, aye?

4) Once again he was dying, so it's not like he withstood the hit, and once again, he fell to Random Black dude, who at no point showed Bane-level strength, skill, or durability

BlackZero30x
You know it is actually hard to really KO a human being in one shot.

What is easy to do is crack a skull, rupture internal organs, break ribs that kind of thing.

Even if Thor isn't KOed I think one solid pillar breaking hit from Bane is going to leave Thor down and unable to continue.

Notice I said one solid, Thor might be able to dance around a bit but I believe Bane can put Thor down in one well connected blow.

I mean Batman was a a very skilled human being surrounded in body armor and Bane was still working him over with his punching power.

I can say that I agree that he could probably break bones and even rupture an organ but its gonna be more then just one punch to do it. That "concrete breaking hay maker" was not a concrete breaking hay maker. He punched once to crack it and punched again to actually break it. Not to mention he was clearly enraged meaning his adrenalin would have been pumping.

BlackZero30x
1) Yes it does. You are trying to say he withstood the hit, when he didn't.Just because he wasn't outright unconscious doesn't mean he wasn't Koed

2)No he still got knocked to the ground. Bane hits far harder than that black dude.

3) This:
25VEmsjWmDo

not the first time I posted the video either. Improper research skills, aye?

4) Once again he was dying, so it's not like he withstood the hit, and once again, he fell to Random Black dude, who at no point showed Bane-level strength, skill, or durability

1) no it doesn't because Im not saying he withstood it. Im saying he got hit by something with super human force and while he was dying he was still awake. Realistically that's not possible.

2) so getting knocked on the ground = getting beaten? confused

3) that vid doesn't work wink

4) Prove to me........

Newjak
I can say that I agree that he could probably break bones and even rupture an organ but its gonna be more then just one punch to do it. That "concrete breaking hay maker" was not a concrete breaking hay maker. He punched once to crack it and punched again to actually break it. Not to mention he was clearly enraged meaning his adrenalin would have been pumping. I don't think Thor is going down in one blow either. Thor is going to be moving around and dodging and rolling with the punches. It's not like Bane is going to punch Thor in the arm and Thor is going to collapse to the floor, but

a scenario like you described where Bane gets a chance to line up his shot and Thor isn't fighting back like in the destroyer scene yeah I think Bane could disable Thor in one hit.

BlackZero30x
I don't think Thor is going down in one blow either. Thor is going to be moving around and dodging and rolling with the punches. It's not like Bane is going to punch Thor in the arm and Thor is going to collapse to the floor, but

a scenario like you described where Bane gets a chance to line up his shot and Thor isn't fighting back like in the destroyer scene yeah I think Bane could disable Thor in one hit.

well where this all stems from is Lestov16 is saying Thor gets a one hit KO and thats what I am arguing. My main point is Thor even as a mortal has unrealistic damage soak and bane while still unrealistic he is based in reality as is his strength.

Thors not going to just let Bane hit him once he learns of his strength. And a one hit KO isn't going to Happen

EDIT: not to mention Thors got the bigger build meaning The greater strength.

Newjak
well where this all stems from is Lestov16 is saying Thor gets a one hit KO and thats what I am arguing. My main point is Thor even as a mortal has unrealistic damage soak and bane while still unrealistic he is based in reality as is his strength.

Thors not going to just let Bane hit him once he learns of his strength. And a one hit KO isn't going to Happen I don't know if Thor really has unrealistic damage soak. Taking the hit from the destroyer and not being KOed is cool and all but there are people who don't get KOed in high speed car crashes either.

And I do think Bane has the potential to be able to beat Thor in one hit given that Bane does have a degree of Superman strength.

Thor is too skilled though to get knocked out in shot though imo. I think Thor will end up doing roughly the same as Batman did, maybe worse since he doesn't have any body armor like Batman did help absorb the punishment.

Also in movies bigger build doesn't always equal more strength.

Bane has a feat mortal Thor never duplicated in terms of strength therefore since we know Thor was supposed to be human and nothing was shown to contradict that he only has normal human strength while Bane doesn't based on feats.

Zack Fair
I don't know if Thor really has unrealistic damage soak. Taking the hit from the destroyer and not being KOed is cool and all but there are people who don't get KOed in high speed car crashes either.

And I do think Bane has the potential to be able to beat Thor in one hit given that Bane does have a degree of Superman strength.

Thor is too skilled though to get knocked out in shot though imo. I think Thor will end up doing roughly the same as Batman did, maybe worse since he doesn't have any body armor like Batman did help absorb the punishment.

Also in movies bigger build doesn't always equal more strength.

Bane has a feat mortal Thor never duplicated in terms of strength therefore since we know Thor was supposed to be human and nothing was shown to contradict that he only has normal human strength while Bane doesn't based on feats. thumb up thumb up

Lestov16
well where this all stems from is Lestov16 is saying Thor gets a one hit KO and thats what I am arguing.

I refuted that statement a page ago:

Thor would get Ko'ed (maybe not a single punch, but still)

BlackZero30x
I don't know if Thor really has unrealistic damage soak. Taking the hit from the destroyer and not being KOed is cool and all but there are people who don't get KOed in high speed car crashes either.

Im pretty sure in the scene where thor got hit if Hemsworth actually got hit he would be dead not dying. The body is designed to shut down once your threshold of pain has been exceeded. I for example Wrecked my bike as a kid and the handle bar went through my side. I tried to stand and fell but I wasn't Ko'ed but that's not saying someone else could have handled it better or worse.

I agree that it will be a fight not just a clear win on either side but over all I don't think banes strength is going to affect Thor in the way it did batman. Especially his concrete buster being as over hyped as it is IMO. Im not saying its not a good feat it's just not as simple as him throwing a punch that can bust up concrete either.

Zack Fair
Batman was wearing full body armor, man. If Bane lands 4/5 consecutive punches on Thor's face(like Bane did before he broke Batman's back) Odin would end up crying in a corner because of he won't no longer recognize his son.

BlackZero30x
I refuted that statement a page ago:

Watch both the videos again. Black dude no sold his punch (his "I fought bigger" punch) and was beating him until he tackled him out of the tent. And, once again, Black dude was not near Bane. Bane would have obviously no sold his punch and delivered a concrete-smashing haymaker, which would have put Thor down, considering his reaction to black dude's hit. Bane wins this.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Batman was wearing full body armor, man. If Bane lands 4/5 consecutive punches on Thor's face(like Bane did before he broke Batman's back) Odin would end up crying in a corner because of he won't no longer recognize his son.

Yea I understand that. He is wearing Kevlar padded armor. Im not taking this away from him. Though if you remember in TDK when he was trying to cut open that van he hit the concrete pillar and when he took off his suit he had a huge bruise on his back. If bane hits as hard as people keep saying then that armor doesn't mean a whole whole lot.

Im picking apart banes "ultimate end all strength" Batman was a nothing in that movie. People are acting like his concrete punch was jut a regular punch.

Newjak
Im pretty sure in the scene where thor got hit if Hemsworth actually got hit he would be dead not dying. The body is designed to shut down once your threshold of pain has been exceeded. I for example Wrecked my bike as a kid and the handle bar went through my side. I tried to stand and fell but I wasn't Ko'ed but that's not saying someone else could have handled it better or worse.

I agree that it will be a fight not just a clear win on either side but over all I don't think banes strength is going to affect Thor in the way it did batman. Especially his concrete buster being as over hyped as it is IMO. Im not saying its not a good feat it's just not as simple as him throwing a punch that can bust up concrete either. Like I said it just depends on the strength destroyer actually put into the attack. The Destroyer could have easily killed Thor in one blow.

Have you ever seen a hospital show where live people are being wheeled in after being in a high speed car crash. They look a lot worse than Thor did but they were still conscious and dying.

If the Destroyer hit a normal human being like you and I with the same amount of force as a low speed car crash it could have easily sent us flying like Thor and we could have easily been in the exact same scenario Thor was in.

Just because Thor didn't outright die from the attack doesn't mean he was super human in durability. Considering there is nothing else in the movie that shows Thor being stronger than a well built muscled human being I would say odds are that scene didn't show Thor with Superhuman durability just the Destroyer didn't put enough force into the hit to kill him outright even though it could have easily done so.

It's not just the concrete buster that showed Bane's strength. He easily held an armored human being in one hand and walked while their feet were in he air. He easily killed a man with one hand by squeezing his neck. He was able to pick up an armored foe above his head easily without strain. He absorbed the blows from an armored fisted Batman without any harm.

Bane was very clearly above a normal human in terms of stats. Thor is not. So I think the best Thor can do here is delay but there is nothing to suggest he is going to be able to physically withstand Bane's assault on him. Nor is there anything to suggest Thor has a massive skill advantage either to over come the physical inequalities between the two.

Newjak
Yea I understand that. He is wearing Kevlar padded armor. Im not taking this away from him. Though if you remember in TDK when he was trying to cut open that van he hit the concrete pillar and when he took off his suit he had a huge bruise on his back. If bane hits as hard as people keep saying then that armor doesn't mean a whole whole lot.

Im picking apart banes "ultimate end all strength" Batman was a nothing in that movie. People are acting like his concrete punch was jut a regular punch. Yeah he got a bruise after jumping off a van and flying into a pillar. That's not a small hit, and if all he has to show from it is a bad bruise that's actually pretty good, and I would say his armor definitely helped absorb quite a bit of the impact.

Zack Fair

Im picking apart banes "ultimate end all strength" Batman was a nothing in that movie. People are acting like his concrete punch was jut a regular punch. True Bane was probably desperate throwing everything he had because Batman just exploited his weakness, but that is also the only time we see Bane punch something that wasn't Batman. I think he can probably punch that hard every single time.

Newjak
True Bane was probably desperate throwing everything he had because Batman just exploited his weakness, but that is also the only time we see Bane punch something that wasn't Batman. I think he can probably punch that hard every single time. I do think Bane was holding back some in his first fight with Batman as he was trying to break him down on all levels.

BlackZero30x
Like I said it just depends on the strength destroyer actually put into the attack. The Destroyer could have easily killed Thor in one blow.
I agree 100%

Have you ever seen a hospital show where live people are being wheeled in after being in a high speed car crash. They look a lot worse than Thor did but they were still conscious and dying. exactly they "they looked a lot worse then Thor did"

If the Destroyer hit a normal human being like you and I with the same amount of force as a low speed car crash it could have easily sent us flying like Thor and we could have easily been in the exact same scenario Thor was in. Depends how low speed you are talking but yes I agree. Are you saying bane punches with the same force as a low speed car crash?

Just because Thor didn't outright die from the attack doesn't mean he was super human in durability. Considering there is nothing else in the movie that shows Thor being stronger than a well built muscled human being I would say odds are that scene didn't show Thor with Superhuman durability just the Destroyer didn't put enough force into the hit to kill him outright even though it could have easily done so. Like I said if hemsworth or you or I even were hit by the destroyer at that strength we would be dead not dying.

It's not just the concrete buster that showed Bane's strength. He easily held an armored human being in one hand and walked while their feet were in he air. He easily killed a man with one hand by squeezing his neck. He was able to pick up an armored foe above his head easily without strain. He absorbed the blows from an armored fisted Batman without any harm. a guy that could feel no pain "absorbed the blows from an armored fisted batman" I don't see how that matters...

he was Strong just not as strong as he is being portrayed by most people. As for batman being armored that helped him a little not much though.

Bane was very clearly above a normal human in terms of stats. Thor is not. So I think the best Thor can do here is delay but there is nothing to suggest he is going to be able to physically withstand Bane's assault on him. Nor is there anything to suggest Thor has a massive skill advantage either to over come the physical inequalities between the two. Well tbh if you want to go that route then there is NO evidence to prove bane is skilled at all except that the LOS is SUPPOSED to be highly skilled with no evidence to prove they are.

BlackZero30x
True Bane was probably desperate throwing everything he had because Batman just exploited his weakness, but that is also the only time we see Bane punch something that wasn't Batman. I think he can probably punch that hard every single time.

I disagree. There is nothing to make me believe that his major hits to the concrete pillar didn't have any boost from his anger.

Zack Fair
I do think Bane was holding back some in his first fight with Batman as he was trying to break him down on all levels. True. Simply said he could probably hit that hard every single time if he wants to. The whole morphine dulling the pain thing being a big factor IMO.

ares834
Originally posted by ares834
Bane and it's not pretty.

BlackZero30x
Yeah he got a bruise after jumping off a van and flying into a pillar. That's not a small hit, and if all he has to show from it is a bad bruise that's actually pretty good, and I would say his armor definitely helped absorb quite a bit of the impact.

I would say that to but you said earlier that The destroyer put out the same force as a low speed car crash. Which means that if batman took that impact in armor and took that bruise why isn't batman (minus the broken back) more scared up or bruised after his fight with bane?

FrothByte
First of all, I don't see where anyone is getting that Bane hits harder than that black dude. We have no comparisons to make. You can't say that the black dude can or cannot punch a hole through a pillar simply because he never even tried. Anyone automatically assuming that the black dude is not as strong a puncher than Bane is just assuming stuff.

Second, that pillar wasn't pure concrete. It was concrete on the outside but was something else on the inside. It actually looked pretty much like plaster. If that was pure concrete then it would have been an insane feet to punch through it, but seeing as it isn't Bane isn't exactly super strong either.

NemeBro
It is more valid to assume that he can't match Bane's feats if he hasn't shown them than it is to play some pissant game where we say "DUH WE DUNNO SO WE CANT SAY", that kind of thinking is anathema to theoretical versus battles.

Newjak
I would say that to but you said earlier that The destroyer put out the same force as a low speed car crash. Which means that if batman took that impact in armor and took that bruise why isn't batman (minus the broken back) more scared up or bruised after his fight with bane? He was beaten worse after Bane but that's ignoring the point I was making comparing the Destroyer's hit to a low end car crash.

My point was that Thor could have been human still taken that hit from the destroyer without outright dying.

Newjak
I agree 100%

exactly they "they looked a lot worse then Thor did"

Depends how low speed you are talking but yes I agree. Are you saying bane punches with the same force as a low speed car crash?

Like I said if hemsworth or you or I even were hit by the destroyer at that strength we would be dead not dying.

a guy that could feel no pain "absorbed the blows from an armored fisted batman" I don't see how that matters...

he was Strong just not as strong as he is being portrayed by most people. As for batman being armored that helped him a little not much though.

Well tbh if you want to go that route then there is NO evidence to prove bane is skilled at all except that the LOS is SUPPOSED to be highly skilled with no evidence to prove they are. I'm saying that Bane punches with Superman human strength, and a normal human wouldn't be able to take a direct hit without being seriously hurt.

And there is nothing showing that Thor was superhuman in anything in his mortal form.

A human being could have easily replicated what happened to Thor depending during the Destroyer scene depending on the level the Destroyer hit them at. So Thor not outright dying from that scene doesn't prove outright he is Superhuman nor does anyother scene.

As for Bane's skill I don't know what you're trying to get at.

My point was that Thor did nothing to suggest he is any stronger or more skilled than Batman, and therefore based on Batman's performance against Bane I see the same outcome for Thor as what happened to Batman probably worse because Batman did have a suit of armor helping him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
It is more valid to assume that he can't match Bane's feats if he hasn't shown them than it is to play some pissant game where we say "DUH WE DUNNO SO WE CANT SAY", that kind of thinking is anathema to theoretical versus battles.

No, it's more stupid to say "No he CAN'T punch through pillars" simply because he hasn't shown it. You're stating an absolute, which makes it stupid. It's the same thing as claiming that I can't run 1km simply coz you never saw me do it.

If a small expert martial artist like Bruce Lee can shatter a whole block of ice with a one inch punch, it's not really an insane feat for a big expert martial artist like Bane to punch through a not-fully-concrete pillar... especially if he doesn't feel pain.

Just to be clear though, I still believe Bane will eventually win the fight. I just think that Thor would put up a way better fight than an out of shape Batman did.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte

If a small expert martial artist like Bruce Lee can shatter a whole block of ice with a one inch punch

IIRC, that's another legend that grew due to Bruce Lee fanboys.

Unless you have some footage or a verified source?

BlackZero30x
He was beaten worse after Bane but that's ignoring the point I was making comparing the Destroyer's hit to a low end car crash.

My point was that Thor could have been human still taken that hit from the destroyer without outright dying.

No. taking into account my point that is. The point of all of that was me comparing Banes upper limits to The Destroyers lower limits. Even at The Destroyers lower limits a person of normal durability would die. A normal humans threshold for pain before death is as little as 5 mph(assuming you are getting hit direct without moving) and I believe it typically takes about 1000 newtons of pressure to kill someone. So to get the same result as what happened to Thor you would need to be capable of taking more then 1000 newtons without death. To hit something with the same results as what happened to thor on something that weighs 175 pounds you would need to exert around 12000 newtons of force. Like I said a normal person would be dead not dieing.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
IIRC, that's another legend that grew due to Bruce Lee fanboys.

Unless you have some footage or a verified source?

Just the videos they used to show on his biography... but then you could argue that those could have been edited videos. But then there's also Mas Oyama who's able to kill a bull with one punch to the head. He can also chop off the bull's horns with his knife hands. I believe this guy has videos on youtube, I'll see if I can dig him up.

You also have shaolin monks who are able to throw sewing needles through glass. Muay Thai experts have been known to kick at gas tanks without damaging their shins.

All I'm trying to say, is that a human trained properly enough can probably duplicate Bane's feat of punching through a (not purely) concrete pillar... or if not duplicate it at least come close to it. So I disagree on him having superhuman strength.

Even carrying batman in a military press is something we see all the time in WWE.

Newjak
No. taking into account my point that is. The point of all of that was me comparing Banes upper limits to The Destroyers lower limits. Even at The Destroyers lower limits a person of normal durability would die. A normal humans threshold for pain before death is as little as 5 mph(assuming you are getting hit direct without moving) and I believe it typically takes about 1000 newtons of pressure to kill someone. So to get the same result as what happened to Thor you would need to be capable of taking more then 1000 newtons without death. To hit something with the same results as what happened to thor on something that weighs 175 pounds you would need to exert around 12000 newtons of force. Like I said a normal person would be dead not dieing. What exactly is the Destroyer's lower limit?

Secondly I would like to see where you got your numbers from?

Thirdly obviously it can happen considering humans beings get hit by cars and don't outright die even if they get tossed in the air. Obviously they get messed up but than again so was Thor.

BlackZero30x
I'm saying that Bane punches with Superman human strength, and a normal human wouldn't be able to take a direct hit without being seriously hurt.

And there is nothing showing that Thor was superhuman in anything in his mortal form.

A human being could have easily replicated what happened to Thor depending during the Destroyer scene depending on the level the Destroyer hit them at. So Thor not outright dying from that scene doesn't prove outright he is Superhuman nor does anyother scene.

As for Bane's skill I don't know what you're trying to get at.

My point was that Thor did nothing to suggest he is any stronger or more skilled than Batman, and therefore based on Batman's performance against Bane I see the same outcome for Thor as what happened to Batman probably worse because Batman did have a suit of armor helping him.

And I am saying he most certainly is not as strong as that. The fact that batman only had two bruises on his face after being punched that many times calls into question that bane punches are "at a superhuman level". As with bats armor on he was still VERY bruised after impact with that pillar and bane only had put two small bruises on bats face after multiple punches.

I quote you at saying "there is nothing to suggest that Thor has a huge skill advantage" that is what I was referring to. If you want to make that argument then tbh you can't prove that Bane was all that skilled.

BlackZero30x
What exactly is the Destroyer's lower limit?

Thirdly obviously it can happen considering humans beings get hit by cars and don't outright die even if they get tossed in the air. Obviously they get messed up but than again so was Thor.

First I have no Idea I am just going on what you say. You said that hit was probably the equivalent of a low speed car crash. That was off the top of my head but ok I will post a source. I didn't think you would take me at face value anyways. show me an instance that in real life a person was thrown like Thor was after an impact. You can't because nobody in real life can get hit that hard and thrown that distance with out outright death.

Lestov16
You're twisting his words. That's not what he said at all. He's not saying it's the equivalent to a car crash, he's saying how people can withstand massive, life-threatening trauma and still remain conscious, so Thor not immediately dying after getting backhanded by the Destroyer isn't anything exceptionally impressive

nobody in real life can get hit that hard and thrown that distance with out outright death.

Pretty sure Thor was outright dying, so......

Newjak
And I am saying he most certainly is not as strong as that. The fact that batman only had two bruises on his face after being punched that many times calls into question that bane punches are "at a superhuman level". As with bats armor on he was still VERY bruised after impact with that pillar and bane only had put two small bruises on bats face after multiple punches.

I quote you at saying "there is nothing to suggest that Thor has a huge skill advantage" that is what I was referring to. If you want to make that argument then tbh you can't prove that Bane was all that skilled. You mean the Pillar incident where he got back up and jumped on top of a moving van, yet after the Bane fight he was so beaten up he couldn't move without crying in pain nor even stand. You really wanna compare after which scene Bruce was hurt more?

The one he got right back up from or the one he was crippled for weeks possibly months after.

I said there is no sign that Thor has enough of a skill advantage to overcome the physical inequalities which there isn't. What I can prove is that Thor isn't and wasn't shown to be any more skilled or any stronger than Batman.

For one Thor takes on highly trained Shield Agents Batman takes on Highly trained Ninjas. Most people are gonna push that.

Strength feats Batman has the chest fly from hell when he saved Ras from falling over the cliff.

Thor has no strength feats. Since he was mortal and has no feats we can only safely assume he had the strength of a normal human being of his size and build.

So he's not stronger than Batman.

So Thor isn't any better than Batman so what makes you think he 's going to fair any better in this fight?

First I have no Idea I am just going on what you say. You said that hit was probably the equivalent of a low speed car crash. That was off the top of my head but ok I will post a source. I didn't think you would take me at face value anyways. show me an instance that in real life a person was thrown like Thor was after an impact. You can't because nobody in real life can get hit that hard and thrown that distance with out outright death. That was first thing that popped into my head that could both send a human being flying and they wouldn't outright die from.

Anyways as for the proof that human being can survive a similar situation to Thor. This should pretty much end that particular point.

GXq9k7arICM

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just the videos they used to show on his biography... but then you could argue that those could have been edited videos. But then there's also Mas Oyama who's able to kill a bull with one punch to the head. He can also chop off the bull's horns with his knife hands. I believe this guy has videos on youtube, I'll see if I can dig him up.

You also have shaolin monks who are able to throw sewing needles through glass. Muay Thai experts have been known to kick at gas tanks without damaging their shins.

All I'm trying to say, is that a human trained properly enough can probably duplicate Bane's feat of punching through a (not purely) concrete pillar... or if not duplicate it at least come close to it. So I disagree on him having superhuman strength.

Even carrying batman in a military press is something we see all the time in WWE.

Which Lee Biography shows him smashing ice blocks?

BlackZero30x

My apologies, my math was pretty far off lol here you go.

http://preventdisease.com/news/10/021610_knockout_humans_take_a_punch.shtml

That vid was good but iirc didn't Thor go flying A LOT farther?

Newjak

http://preventdisease.com/news/10/021610_knockout_humans_take_a_punch.shtml

That vid was good but iirc didn't Thor go flying A LOT farther? Thanks for the link.

Thor didn't seem to really go further they both seemed be roughly the same height in the air.

BlackZero30x
You mean the Pillar incident where he got back up and jumped on top of a moving van, yet after the Bane fight he was so beaten up he couldn't move without crying in pain nor even stand. You really wanna compare after which scene Bruce was hurt more?

The one he got right back up from or the one he was crippled for weeks possibly months after.

I said there is no sign that Thor has enough of a skill advantage to overcome the physical inequalities which there isn't. What I can prove is that Thor isn't and wasn't shown to be any more skilled or any stronger than Batman.

For one Thor takes on highly trained Shield Agents Batman takes on Highly trained Ninjas. Most people are gonna push that.

Strength feats Batman has the chest fly from hell when he saved Ras from falling over the cliff.

Thor has no strength feats. Since he was mortal and has no feats we can only safely assume he had the strength of a normal human being of his size and build.

So he's not stronger than Batman.

So Thor isn't any better than Batman so what makes you think he 's going to fair any better in this fight?

But it can be entirely argued that batman didn't show more skill then any normal black belt either.

Neither Shield agents nor the ninja showed any skill. The Ninja were put down rather easily as were the shield agents. How can you say which showed more skill without outright bias?

Bats strength feat is ok but Im pretty sure it had something to do with him bracing with his other arm.

He was crippled because of his back being broken. No reason to believe his fist did anything but wear him down as there was a lack of a "busted up" look afterwards. He had a few small bruises big deal.

I believe that he doesn't have a desire to die, He lives to fight, you have zero proof that batman is anymore skilled then Thor, and Thor didn't just get back from being a cripple. Not to mention this is a straight up fight. They both have (limited) knowledge of each other and start the fight knowing they will be fighting each other. That is why he has a much better chance then batman did.

BlackZero30x
Thanks for the link.

Thor didn't seem to really go further they both seemed be roughly the same height in the air.

no prob.

ok my bad then. But I had this image in my head of Thor flying half a street backwards. I tried to check through a video but I couldn't find it. S

Newjak
But it can be entirely argued that batman didn't show more skill then any normal black belt either.

Neither Shield agents nor the ninja showed any skill. The Ninja were put down rather easily as were the shield agents. How can you say which showed more skill without outright bias?

Bats strength feat is ok but Im pretty sure it had something to do with him bracing with his other arm.

He was crippled because of his back being broken. No reason to believe his fist did anything but wear him down as there was a lack of a "busted up" look afterwards. He had a few small bruises big deal.

I believe that he doesn't have a desire to die, He lives to fight, you have zero proof that batman is anymore skilled then Thor, and Thor didn't just get back from being a cripple. Not to mention this is a straight up fight. They both have (limited) knowledge of each other and start the fight knowing they will be fighting each other. That is why he has a much better chance then batman did. You're right they didn't show any skill.

So all we know is that Shield agents and LOS Ninjas are supposed to be some of the best trained fighters in the world and are human level stat wise. Which generally means in that case Thor and Batman fought pretty much the same foe. Trained human cannon fodder so I wouldn't give one an advantage over the other. So saying push is being unbiased imo.

He was bracing with his other arm but that was my point Batman has a strength Thor has none. So we can't assume a featless guy is stronger than someone who actually does a feat.

He didn't just have a couple of bruises. His head was bleeding. He was beat up so bad he didn't wake up until Bane had already brought him half way around the world. Also Bane managed to crack Batman's armored helmet with his blows. Imagine if Bruce didn't have that armor. He would have been looking at a cracked skull instead of a cracked helmet.

I'm not trying to say Batman is more skilled than Thor, even though he probably is, what I said was there is no reason to believe that Thor is better than Batman. Which means at best he is going to do as well as Batman. Which wasn't very good.

And simply cause he has limited knowledge on who he fighting isn't going to change anything. It's not gonna make him throw a harder punch, or become more skilled, or some manifest anti-Bane powers.

BlackZero30x
You're right they didn't show any skill.

So all we know is that Shield agents and LOS Ninjas are supposed to be some of the best trained fighters in the world and are human level stat wise. Which generally means in that case Thor and Batman fought pretty much the same foe. Trained human cannon fodder so I wouldn't give one an advantage over the other. So saying push is being unbiased imo.

He was bracing with his other arm but that was my point Batman has a strength Thor has none. So we can't assume a featless guy is stronger than someone who actually does a feat.

He didn't just have a couple of bruises. His head was bleeding. He was beat up so bad he didn't wake up until Bane had already brought him half way around the world. Also Bane managed to crack Batman's armored helmet with his blows. Imagine if Bruce didn't have that armor. He would have been looking at a cracked skull instead of a cracked helmet.

I'm not trying to say Batman is more skilled than Thor, even though he probably is, what I said was there is no reason to believe that Thor is better than Batman. Which means at best he is going to do as well as Batman. Which wasn't very good.

And simply cause he has limited knowledge on who he fighting isn't going to change anything. It's not gonna make him throw a harder punch, or become more skilled, or some manifest anti-Bane powers.

But in the real world(where TDKR is suppose to be grounded in) a man with a bigger build and bigger muscles is stronger physically. But Thor does indeed lack the feats. But as you said for as far as we can tell they are equally skilled but I would lean in Thors favor as he was raised in a violent fighting environment. So he was actually raised fighting. And I think it would be a fair presumption that The best fighters in a realistic world would be less then The best fighters in a world that is unrealistic. But without proof neither can be argued over the other really.

No its not just the knowledge of bane it's also not having a death wish, he in fact lives to fight, and his body is not in as bad physical shape as bruce's...coming back from being a cripple....

Mindset
But in the real world(where TDKR is suppose to be grounded in) a man with a bigger build and bigger muscles is stronger physically. Uh...no.

Robtard
For once Mindset is correct. Dennis Rogers who is smaller than both Tom Hardy and Christian Bale can perform feats of strength (eg rolling up a frying pan, bending chisels) that much larger and more muscular men can't come close to.

BlackZero30x
Dennis rogers strength stems from an unnatural ability to gather and use more muscle fibers then a normal person.....

generally it doesn't work like that.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
For once Mindset is correct. Dennis Rogers who is smaller than both Tom Hardy and Christian Bale can perform feats of strength (eg rolling up a frying pan, bending chisels) that much larger and more muscular men can't come close to. Shut up when I'm talking.Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Dennis rogers strength stems from an unnatural ability to gather and use more muscle fibers then a normal person.....

generally it doesn't work like that. Olympic weightlifters/power lifters who are smaller than Hardy and Bale can lift more weight than them.

BlackZero30x
Show me some Olympic weightlifters that have smaller muscles then Hardy in TDKR and can lift more then he can.

I ask seriously because when I googled it I saw nothing but people of the same size and bigger.

Mindset
Ivan Stoitsov
Dimas Pyrros

XIrSfbGMlzc

Powerlifter Joe Morrow

I could go on, but you should get the point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.