Which of these stop WWH?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
With all the constant references of WWH on this site, I wonder how he would have fared in the DC Universe.

Which of these teams (since Marvel fought him in teams mostly, I am portraying the same scenarios) would have stopped WWHulk's rampage before it got so far? (this isn't a gauntlet, just want to know which you believe could succeed)

1. Arrows (Green, Red, and Black Canary)
2. Metal Men
3. Outsiders (without Batman)
4. Teen Titans
5. Women (WW, Supergirl, Powergirl, Huntress, Batgirl, Wondergirl)
6. Lanterns (Hal, John, Guy, Kyle)
7. Core Justice League (Supes, Hal, WW, Flash, Bats, MM, and Arrow)
8. Mystics (Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Etrigan, Phantom Stranger)
9. Apokolips (Barda, Darkseid, DeSaad, Mister Miracle, Kalibak)
10. Supermen (Supes, Cap Marvel, Black Adam, Icon, Bizarro)

All are pre DCnU because that's the time frame in which it occurred in Marvel.

-Pr-
Which stage of his power are we talking about? How he was during the mini? Or after?

JakeTheBank
The women should stop him definitely. The Amazons and Kryptonians would have had the physical might and equipment to halt his rampage.

The teams listed after them would stop him clearly and definitively as well.

ColossusGrundy
This is during the rampage on Earth. Taking on the X-men, Avengers, Illuminati, bashing Juggernaut, etc.

tkitna
4 maybe with Raven? If not 5.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
This is during the rampage on Earth. Taking on the X-men, Avengers, Illuminati, bashing Juggernaut, etc.

oh okay.

Barring any plot armour, the women could probably do it.

iceman24567
Which line up of Outsiders? Which line up of Titans?

PillarofOsiris
With all the constant references of WWH on this site, I wonder how he would have fared in the DC Universe.

Which of these teams (since Marvel fought him in teams mostly, I am portraying the same scenarios) would have stopped WWHulk's rampage before it got so far? (this isn't a gauntlet, just want to know which you believe could succeed)

2. Metal Men
4. Teen Titans

Someone has a delusionally high opinion of WWH. Have you been talking to carver?

Anything after 4 is absolute spite. Anything after 6 is utterly insane.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Someone has a delusionally high opinion of WWH. Have you been talking to carver?

Anything after 4 is absolute spite. Anything after 6 is utterly insane.

Not really.

I just see a LOT of overkill estimates on WWH here
Wanted to see how far it went and who everyone thought may stop him.

I personally think several DC chars could have stopped him solo, but it would have started a 300 response thread of "Nuh uh!"

DarkSaint85
Stops at 1 with the Arrows.

BFR into the Phantom Zone ftw.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

BFR into the Phantom Zone ftw.

Janus mentioned this type of behavior earlier, you should read what he said in the Team Hulk vs Women thread. Is it a head game?

Mindset
Hulk hears Kyle is in this match and forfeits.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stoic
Janus mentioned this type of behavior earlier, you should read what he said in the Team Hulk vs Women thread. Is it a head game? Oh please janus has no right to cry about prejudice he's just as bad if no out right worse.

JakeTheBank
Jesus, I really don't want this thread to get into another "KMC hates the Hulk" fest.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The women should stop him definitely. The Amazons and Kryptonians would have had the physical might and equipment to halt his rampage.

The teams listed after them would stop him clearly and definitively as well. ^^ThisOriginally posted by PillarofOsiris

Anything after 4 is absolute spite. Anything after 6 is utterly insane. There's no reason to name drop.Originally posted by DarkSaint85

BFR into the Phantom Zone ftw. Go home.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
Go home

...and be a family man?

Badabing
...and be a family man? Stop that! laughing out loud

This is the third time I've seen that post. durfist

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Oh please janus has no right to cry about prejudice he's just as bad if no out right worse.

Green Arrows and Canary? So tell me is it a head game, seems like someone's trying to get a rise out of someone. What would you call that type of behavior? Reverse trolling?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
Stop that! laughing out loud

This is the third time I've seen that post. durfist

Can't help it Guile is a boss.

iceman24567
Green Arrows and Canary? So tell me is it a head game, seems like someone's trying to get a rise out of someone. What would you call that type of behavior? Reverse trolling? Doesn't matter honestly you seem to pick and choose who you want to point out as biased or a troll and using any of Janus' posts does not help seeing how he's not unbiased. Its better to stay on topic

DarkSaint85
Wait, what?

Ah ok, sorry, is it because Mia had the arrow, and used it on SBP already, so the Arrows don't get it for this match?

DarkSaint85
Janus mentioned this type of behavior earlier, you should read what he said in the Team Hulk vs Women thread. Is it a head game?

Oh, you mean the same one where my post, a scant 2 hours after the OP was posted, said that the women won 1/10 only if Team Hulk fought dumb and the women fought the absolute best that they have ever fought, that thread?

Oh yes, that thread. I obv hate Hulk.

If a thread doesn't have BFR off, we are to assume that it is still a viable tactic. Hardly my fault that the OP didn't fix the loopholes, is it?

Stoic
Oh, you mean the same one where my post, a scant 2 hours after the OP was posted, said that the women won 1/10 only if Team Hulk fought dumb and the women fought the absolute best that they have ever fought, that thread?

Oh yes, that thread. I obv hate Hulk.

If a thread doesn't have BFR off, we are to assume that it is still a viable tactic. Hardly my fault that the OP didn't fix the loopholes, is it?

Team Hulk is not alone, you could have been implying that Thanos was carrying the team. Right?

The idea that an arrow is going to stop a guy that was holding back after getting blasted by a shot that took out a large section of the moon just seemed like you were baiting someone, much like a head game. I'm not playing, perhaps you may find someone else that wants to though. At least this is what I took from the comment.

iceman24567
Team Hulk is not alone, you could have been implying that Thanos was carrying the team. Right?

The idea that an arrow is going to stop a guy that was holding back after getting blasted by a shot that took out a large section of the moon just seemed like you were baiting someone, much like a head game. I'm not playing, perhaps you may find someone else that wants to though. At least this is what I took from the comment. You joking right? The arrow bfrs so comparing it to a Black Bolt scream is just wrong.

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
You joking right? The arrow bfrs so comparing it to a Black Bolt scream is just wrong.

OK so in every Hulk vs he's supposed to sit there like a static target right? I knew that i should have never even bothered to read this thread. You actually give the Green Arrow, Speedy, and Canary a possible win over the Hulk of WW Hulk fame, after seeing him one shot KO Ares, planting She Hulk like a peg, taking a Human Torch Novs/Storm Electro balst, Chin checking a speeding Sentry. Whatever, proceed in ignoring all of those things, and continue to believe that the Hulk is a slowpoke Blob like character.

iceman24567
OK so in every Hulk vs he's supposed to sit there like a static target right? I knew that i should have never even bothered to read this thread. You actually give the Green Arrow, Speedy, and Canary a possible win over the Hulk of WW Hulk fame, after seeing him one shot KO Ares, planting She Hulk like a peg, taking a Human Torch Novs/Storm Electro balst, Chin checking a speeding Sentry. Whatever, proceed in ignoring all of those things, and continue to believe that the Hulk is a slowpoke Blob like character. Nobody ever said he was a static target but you were giving the guy shit for saying Hulk could be bfred for a win. Superman has bfred several superhuman criminals with the projector and Superboy Prime was bfred with the phantom zone arrow its a last ditch effort attack but it has been proven to work stop your crying and selective finger pointing erm

DarkSaint85

The idea that an arrow is going to stop a guy that was holding back after getting blasted by a shot that took out a large section of the moon just seemed like you were baiting someone, much like a head game. I'm not playing, perhaps you may find someone else that wants to though. At least this is what I took from the comment.

...Ok, I re-read my comment, and I wrote Team Thanos. Woops. They are both valued members to the team of two, and bring equal advantages to the battlefield. There, you may save this, and quote me in the future.

No, I wasn't baiting. When looking at a gauntlet, I try to see if there is any chance whatsoever that a level can be beaten. If it can, only then do I move on.

If you or someone else wanted to debate and say that since SBP broke out of the Phantom Zone, WBH could as well, that's fine.

If you or someone else (probably someone else, as you have said you didn't want to 'play') wants to debate that its not a viable tactic as Mia is not here (thus pointing out my error, which tbh we all make) or that its already been used up and was a one of a kind arrow (as of 2007 when WWH was ongoing), that's fine.

But saying it won't stop him because....he's powerful? Isn't really a reason, at least to me. You say he's fast. Ok. Ignoring what happens in comics, when arrows stick into him, what would you think he would do, to show off how fast he is? Catch the arrow, perhaps?

Bam. He's BFRed.

TheGodKiller
5 onwards , all the teams sto(m)p him .

Horrificus
Hulk is not a "speedster". No incarnation of Hulk is a "speedster".

His success against fast opponents most probably comes from surprising his enemies, due to them expecting Hulk to be slow.

This, along with the fact that he does have a superhuman physicality that does increase his speed and reflexes to a certain extent, has caused confusion on this subject.

And, in truth, he has also been shown to have a "heightened awareness" from time to time. But, nothing consistent or reliable in combat.

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus

His success against fast opponents most probably comes from surprising his enemies, due to them expecting Hulk to be slow.

This, along with the fact that he does have a superhuman physicality that does increase his speed and reflexes to a certain extent, has caused confusion on this subject.

And, in truth, he has also been shown to have a "heightened awareness" from time to time. But, nothing consistent or reliable in combat.

despite moving fast enough and striking hard enough to displace planetary bodies, or tag the Sentry on the chin during a high speed blitz. Either he is fast or he is not. I'll go for the he is fast, and has shown his speed several times, whether it be from leaping or punching at speeds that defied the Sentry.

carver9
Stops at 8

iceman24567
Stops at 3

DarkSaint85
And has been tagged by adamantium bullets, Wolverine, X-23, Juggernaut, Thing etc...

Yes, he's fast. Fast enough to snatch an arrow out of thin air, yes. But to say that he won't get tagged by an arrow...when he's been hit by them before...no.

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus

What if I post fts of people saying he is fast? Would that help? What about him moving in a blur? Would that help?

carver9
And has been tagged by adamantium bullets, Wolverine, X-23, Juggernaut, Thing etc...

Yes, he's fast. Fast enough to snatch an arrow out of thin air, yes. But to say that he won't get tagged by an arrow...when he's been hit by them before...no.

This happens to people that you consider legit speedsters all of the time.

DarkSaint85
I can post feats of SBP being fast too. Didn't help him :-p

carver9
I can post feats of SBP being fast too. Didn't help him :-p

I agree..I never said Hulk is unhittable. confused

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
I agree..I never said Hulk is unhittable. confused

Excellent, don't be confused, it will all become clear soon.

Now all I need to get is you to convince Stoic lol.

Horrificus
He is fast. I even said he is super-humanly fast.

But, he is not "speedster" fast.

Hulk has always had something else going on with him. Especially if you read the older books.

He always had a kind of 6th sense, or "awareness" that allowed him to do the right things at the right time, know what to do in certain situations, or just be in the right places at the right times.

That is all I am saying.

-Pr-
If the arrows have a Phantom Zone arrow, Hulk is out in the first round. He's not avoiding an arrow shot by Ollie. Not because he's slow, but because Ollie is that damned accurate.

But a PZ arrow isn't standard equipment, so...

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
If the arrows have a Phantom Zone arrow, Hulk is out in the first round. He's not avoiding an arrow shot by Ollie. Not because he's slow, but because Ollie is that damned accurate.

But a PZ arrow isn't standard equipment, so...

True. Roy always carried it with him, think he did it as Red Arrow too, just in case, he said. Then he gave it to Mia. It all depends at which point of time you 'pluck' these heroes from their timelines, really.

For the sake of argument, and because I firmly believe that with the PZ arrow Team 1 stops him flat (which, although not my intention, must aggravate Hulk fans), WITHOUT the arrow, POSSIBLY Outsiders (depending on their lineup), but the mighty Teen Titans stop him at 3, with Raven and her (yes, that tactic again) BFR capabilities.

DarkSaint85
You know what, I was being stupid. Its NOT a freaking Gauntlet!!
1. Arrows (Green, Red, and Black Canary) - Yes if they have the PZ, otherwise, no.
2. Metal Men - No.
3. Outsiders (without Batman) - Oh, WITHOUT Batman?? Depends on line-up, MM might be able to do something, doubtful though.
4. Teen Titans - Yes.
5. Women (WW, Supergirl, Powergirl, Huntress, Batgirl, Wondergirl) - Yes
6. Lanterns (Hal, John, Guy, Kyle) - Yes
7. Core Justice League (Supes, Hal, WW, Flash, Bats, MM, and Arrow) - Yes
8. Mystics (Zatanna, Dr. Fate, Etrigan, Phantom Stranger) - Yes
9. Apokolips (Barda, Darkseid, DeSaad, Mister Miracle, Kalibak) - Yes
10. Supermen (Supes, Cap Marvel, Black Adam, Icon, Bizarro) - Yes

carver9
You're wrong on majority of that.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I agree.

Metal Men could take out Hulk, too.

-Pr-
Yeah, I agree.

http://i.imgur.com/DuD5l.png

DarkSaint85
You're wrong on majority of that.

Care to explain? Bear in mind, I do like my tricks.

Back when people thought it was a gauntlet, the majority of people were already saying they got stopped at 5, the women.

All I added was Titans (with Raven there). As I said, MAYBE MM could help out in the Outsiders, but was doubtful.

carver9
Yeah, I agree.

He stops at 8.

DarkSaint85
He stops at 8.

Not a gauntlet

carver9
Not a gauntlet

I know it isn't but everybody above 8 is a yes.

JakeTheBank
He stops at 8.

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 all stop him for sure.

DarkSaint85
I know it isn't but everybody above 8 is a yes.

Yes to stopping him?

carver9
Yes to stopping him?

Yes to losing.

carver9

No they won't.

TheGodKiller
thumb up This .

JakeTheBank
No they won't.

Carver, shut up and read comics. That goes for Hulk comics, too.

WWH is not beating Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Supergirl, and Power Girl all at once.

WWH is not beating all of the Earth Lanterns at once.

WWH is not beating Superman, Hal, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter at once.

Nothing he did in the actual event of World War Hulk suggests him beating these teams. Not unless you want to play Carvball, in which the object is to skew showings in your favor and ignore everything else.

DarkSaint85
Ok, so you're saying Raven cannot BFR him into a differrent dimension?

I know what your fallback is - he'll turn WBH on their ass and melt them with his OMNI blast (I don't get why you type it like that, tbh. Its not an acronym, unless you're shouting it? Idk). But the OP specifically said it was during the time he was running around fighting the X-men, Avengers etc, not at the end of the story arc.

So. WW/Wonder Girl can lasso him. Or they can all just BFR him into space.

carver9
Carver, shut up and read comics. That goes for Hulk comics, too.

WWH is not beating Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Supergirl, and Power Girl all at once.

WWH is not beating all of the Earth Lanterns at once.

WWH is not beating Superman, Hal, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter at once.

Nothing he did in the actual event of World War Hulk suggests him beating these teams. Not unless you want to play Carvball, in which the object is to skew showings in your favor and ignore everything else.

With CIS on, yes, he would beat them.

JakeTheBank

No, he wouldn't.

PIS on, sure.

CIS on Diana still uses the lasso and superior speed and tactics, to say nothing of attacking tendons. CIS on Power Girl speedblitzes. CIS on Lanterns unleash insane energy projection and constructs. CIS on Superman punches shit until it falls over.

DarkSaint85

Think you meant PIS. Which is what WWH was all about.

DarkSaint85
No, he wouldn't.

PIS on, sure.

CIS on Diana still uses the lasso and superior speed and tactics, to say nothing of attacking tendons. CIS on Power Girl speedblitzes. CIS on Lanterns unleash insane energy projection and constructs. CIS on Superman punches shit until it falls over.

CIS on Raven BFRs. And CIS on Batman still does crazy things lol.

JakeTheBank
The idea of Hulk soloing these teams without massive helpings of PIS and plot device is a level of sick I don't even want to imagine. Superman couldn't solo some of these teams. Silver Surfer couldn't. Thor couldn't. And those three guys have versatility in addition to sheer power to help them combat groups better than Hulk could.

carver9
No, he wouldn't.

PIS on, sure.

That will not work against this Hulk. All of this was tried an failed. I never said they couldn't hit him...the problem is dropping him and it ain't happening. Not before he takes them out.

The GLs get their shields ripped through.

carver9
Edit.

JakeTheBank
That will not work against this Hulk. All of this was tried an failed. I never said they couldn't hit him...the problem is dropping him and it ain't happening. Not before he takes them out.

What won't work against Hulk?

Hulk didn't face teams with the combined level of power, teamwork, skill, and overall formidability as some of the teams mentioned here. Get real.

Debatable, considering what the shields have prevented. Also, they can spam the shit out of Hulk from a distance, which is very much in character for them, especially John.

JakeTheBank
Edit.

Nice edit.

But to answer your original question, no, I don't need a Tylenol.

More like a revolver.

carver9
What won't work against Hulk?

Hulk didn't face teams with the combined level of power, teamwork, skill, and overall formidability as some of the teams mentioned here. Get real.

Debatable, considering what the shields have prevented. Also, they can spam the shit out of Hulk from a distance, which is very much in character for them, especially John.

He didn't have to face entire teams to prove what he can withstand what they can dish out. I don't see any of them dishing out the power Sentry was displaying during his battle against the Hulk...ya know, the power that was threatening to lay waste to the planet.

I don't see their combined powers being on the level of Zom either...ya know, the same Zom that was stated as being capable of laying waste to the planet in his fight against Hulk.

The teams are powerful but they are not dropping WWH imo.

carver9
Nice edit.

But to answer your original question, no, I don't need a Tylenol.

More like a revolver.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85

All?

So the foes WWH faced included a lasso that compelled you to obey its every command, did it?

And yes, like Jake mentioned, Stewart snipes.

I notice you still haven't addressed Raven, though.

Estacado
He stops at 8.
zomfg

DarkSaint85
He didn't have to face entire teams to prove what he can withstand what they can dish out. I don't see any of them dishing out the power Sentry was displaying during his battle against the Hulk...ya know, the power that was threatening to lay waste to the planet.

I don't see their combined powers being on the level of Zom either...ya know, the same Zom that was stated as being capable of laying waste to the planet in his fight against Hulk.

That there is your problem, right there. Can you see it?

You only look at power, but more specifically, you only look at power as measured in collateral damage. You haven't read a comic or seen a scan where Team 5 lay waste to an entire city (which. btw, neither did Sentry or ZomStrange) and therefore, they are incapable of it.

But not all fights are about power.

carver9
All?

So the foes WWH faced included a lasso that compelled you to obey its every command, did it?

And yes, like Jake mentioned, Stewart snipes.

I notice you still haven't addressed Raven, though.

Not the lasso...no but Diana tends to start her matches off brawling before resorting to the lasso which would more than likely be her downfall.

I admit, if Raven fought with the potential she wields, yes, she could solo WWH...that's why I said, CIS because she rarely if ever use this potential.

JakeTheBank

You act like some of these people aren't capable of planetary scale destruction, which is freaking ridiculous.

Superman alone has shaken planets to their very core with the impacts of his fists. Green Lanterns are capable of destroying planets as well as surviving planets being destroyed.

The only way you don't see Hulk losing to these teams is if you think Sentry was operating FAR FAR FAR above the typical high herald higher end showing and that the members of the teams mentioned can't replicate that sort of damage physically or through energy projection on their own (to say nothing of them working together).

Christ. The Zom shit is more or less the same; you're deluded if you don't think the likes of the League combined can deal as much damage or more than Zom Strange can.

carver9
That there is your problem, right there. Can you see it?

You only look at power, but more specifically, you only look at power as measured in collateral damage. You haven't read a comic or seen a scan where Team 5 lay waste to an entire city (which. btw, neither did Sentry or ZomStrange) and therefore, they are incapable of it.

But not all fights are about power.

Not just Collateral damage. Sentry blast has been stated as being hotter than the sun...Sentry unleashed all of this power in the form of a tornado. While unleashing this power, not only was Hulk being hit by this, Sentry was still blasting him and using physical might as well.

Zom Strange had enough power to punch holes clean through WWH. Compare that to Hulk precious fights against top tiers, that alone should tell you how powerful Zom punches were.

DarkSaint85
And WWH started every match off with a fight-ending punch? Nah. He brawled as well, witness how Thing was still hanging in there.

You're approaching every fight as if Hulk goes and punches with all his force from the very start. Which he never did. CIS on, he wasn't there to fight them, and was holding back. Drop the JLA for example in place of the X-men, and say they were trying to protect...Aquaman, as he is part of the DC's version of the Illuminati.

CIS on, Hulk ain't storming out giving it his all when he arrives. He'll brawl, they'll brawl, and at some point WW will use her lasso.

DarkSaint85

Zom Strange had enough power to punch holes clean through WWH. Compare that to Hulk precious fights against top tiers, that alone should tell you how powerful Zom punches were.

That they dealt as much damage as a very large adamantium bullet?

Those were ripping holes through him as well.

carver9
@Jake...

I never said none of these people couldn't destroy a planet given time...what I said is, I just don't think any of them possess the strength necessary to drop Hulk before falling themselves.

Looking at the stips, I take my vote back since majority of them can win via BFR. I'm done here.

DarkSaint85
@Jake...

I never said none of these people couldn't destroy a planet given time...what I said is, I just don't think any of them possess the strength necessary to drop Hulk before falling themselves.

Looking at the stips, I take my vote back since majority of them can win via BFR. I'm done here.

NOW you get my point!!!

JakeTheBank
Not just Collateral damage. Sentry blast has been stated as being hotter than the sun...Sentry unleashed all of this power in the form of a tornado. While unleashing this power, not only was Hulk being hit by this, Sentry was still blasting him and using physical might as well.

Superman's heat vision > the temperature of the sun. And at higher levels, it's exponentially greater. They can't even measure it. Hal's "afterburner" blast he used on Cyborg Superman was described as being hotter the sun as well.

carver9
That they dealt as much damage as a very large adamantium bullet?

Those were ripping holes through him as well.

I can't see anyone here surviving that storm of adamantium that was hitting Hulk. Not a soul. Don't know why you brought that up.

-Pr-

Then you're a troll.

DarkSaint85
Hal's "afterburner" blast he used on Cyborg Superman was described as being hotter the sun as well.

And he didn't overload the ring like Stewart did, with willpower, so Stewart can likely replicate it if not exceed it.

carver9
Superman's heat vision > the temperature of the sun. And at higher levels, it's exponentially greater. They can't even measure it. Hal's "afterburner" blast he used on Cyborg Superman was described as being hotter the sun as well.

Still isn't comparable to Sentrys energy that was going to lay waste to the planet or the Skrull bolt that screamed at Hulk and took a chunk out of the moon (same Skrull Bolt that screamed and ripped a hole in reality). If WWH is losing, blasting isn't going to be the deciding factor imo.

carver9
By the way, I was referring to Sentry casual blast...no telling how powerful his blast was that he used against Hulk since he was going "all out".

carver9
Then you're a troll.

Why is that? Because I don't think some of these teams can stop Hulk? His damage soak was insane and Marvel resorted to plot to get past his damage soak.

DarkSaint85
I can't see anyone here surviving that storm of adamantium that was hitting Hulk. Not a soul. Don't know why you brought that up.

*le sigh*

I brought it up, because you were so excited that Zom could punch holes in Hulk. Look, look, O ye doubting Thomases, see these holes and believe!!!

But it was nothing that the US Army couldn't replicate. Hulk durabilty isn't all that, its his healing factor that keeps him in the game. If I had h1 here, we'd get some calculators out and mathematic the sh!t out of it, but if a rifle bullet can do it, scale it up, F=ma, with the larger surface area of a fist....its replicable.

My point is, Hulk durability = crap, but HF = amazing. So punching holes in Hulk is no big thing.

-Pr-
Why is that? Because I don't think some of these teams can stop Hulk? His damage soak was insane and Marvel resorted to plot to get past his damage soak.

By lowballing the capabilities of said teams in your post. Jake already addressed the lunacy of it.

lol. Marvel also resorted to plot to give Hulk most of his victories, but nice of you to forget that.

carver9
By lowballing the capabilities of said teams in your post. Jake already addressed the lunacy of it.

lol. Marvel also resorted to plot to give Hulk most of his victories, but nice of you to forget that.

I havent said anything bad about anyone on the opposing team. The only thing I am saying is "they can't stop him". That's not me lowballing, that's me giving my opinion on who'll win out of this match.

I'm referring to what he withstood during all of this. The damage that he took would kill most Heralds.

carver9
*le sigh*

I brought it up, because you were so excited that Zom could punch holes in Hulk. Look, look, O ye doubting Thomases, see these holes and believe!!!

But it was nothing that the US Army couldn't replicate. Hulk durabilty isn't all that, its his healing factor that keeps him in the game. If I had h1 here, we'd get some calculators out and mathematic the sh!t out of it, but if a rifle bullet can do it, scale it up, F=ma, with the larger surface area of a fist....its replicable.

My point is, Hulk durability = crap, but HF = amazing. So punching holes in Hulk is no big thing.

Lol@H1.

Sorry to tell you this but a Herald isn't punching holes in WWH. Already been tried and failed.

carver9
OMG...I bet Jake is typing a long paragraph about this topic. FU**.

-Pr-
I havent said anything bad about anyone on the opposing team. The only thing I am saying is "they can't stop him". That's not me lowballing, that's me giving my opinion on who'll win out of this match.

I'm referring to what he withstood during all of this. The damage that he took would kill most Heralds.

Right here:

Laughable, tbh.

carver9
Right here:

Laughable, tbh.

Ok, you got a point.

BUT, again, that's why I brought up CIS.

-Pr-
Ok, you got a point.

BUT, again, that's why I brought up CIS.

CIS wouldn't make a difference.

PIS? yes, it would.

DarkSaint85
Carver, a question:

As WWH pretty much showed his best showings and feats battle wise, are you considering the best feats battle wise of the other characters?

Nihilist
Only Galactus could stop WWH according to Pak! His thunderclap melts heralds lol

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Nihilist
Only Galactus could stop WWH according to Pak! His thunderclap melts heralds lol
How wrong you are ! WBH can take even Galactus himself according to good ol' Pak .

Estacado
Originally posted by Nihilist
You need to read more up on WWH...Sentry was able to stalemate Galactus and he lost to Hulk.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Estacado
You need to read more up on WWH...Sentry was able to stalemate Galactus and he lost to Hulk.

Big deal, Thors actually beaten galactus before. And too bad The only persons word we have on sentry stale mating him is spiderman.

Estacado
Thor "beat" a hungry Galactus while I'm pretty sure Sentry stalemated a full power one.

TheGodKiller
Thor "beat" a hungry Galactus while I'm pretty sure Sentry stalemated a full power one.
Apart from that Spider-Man quote and the Nate Grey revelation(which in fact diminishes Sentry's feat as it was shared) , are there any other instances which confirm that Sentry apparently "stalemated" a hungry Galactus(nevermind at full power) ?

Estacado
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Apart from that Spider-Man quote and the Nate Grey revelation(which in fact diminishes Sentry's feat as it was shared) , are there any other instances which confirm that Sentry apparently "stalemated" a hungry Galactus(nevermind at full power) ?
Maybe Carter knows he seems to be the local Sentry expert....

TheGodKiller
Big deal, Thors actually beaten galactus before. And too bad The only persons word we have on sentry stale mating him is spiderman.
The Sentry-Galactus fight in all likelihood never happened , and was probably either an exaggeration on Spider Man's part(kind of like how Black Panther claimed that Thor was as powerful as the P5) , or a completely made-up memory implanted by Bob himself , as Nate(who was messing around with the Dark Avengers at that time) had a completely different recollection altogether .

Edit : Thor has only ever "beaten" a hungry or weakened Galactus .

TheGodKiller
Maybe Carter knows he seems to be the local Sentry expert....
If Carter is an expert on anything , then I am a General of the US military and Jennifer Garner is my love slave .

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by TheGodKiller

Edit : Thor has only ever "beaten" a hungry or weakened Galactus .

That's my point. Not seeing the sentry galactus fight.... If it even happened... We have no clue how hungry galactus was it the circumstances involved.

Sin I AM
Soooooo the consensus is he stops at the ladies?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Soooooo the consensus is he stops at the ladies?

Yah. I had him being stopped by the Titans, when Raven BFRs him.....

Or even at the Arrows, if Roy has his Phantom Zone Arrow, but that was way too controversial, so we agreed he probably didn't have it with him.

Sin I AM
Yea raven is grossly underestimated, I wish op gave an outsiders lineup but titans make him work for it. Women stomp

DarkSaint85
Which Outsiders lineup would you give a good chance to?

Sin I AM
Geo erad BL, etc, as long as they work intelligently they can stomp

the Darkone

2. Metal Men
4. Teen Titans

I see 8-10!!

The Sorrow
Hulk could conceivably get to 8 it all depends on his mindset really, with CIS on he should stop at 5 or 6.

I'd say if nothing else this thread shows there is some sort of underlying hate/dislike for the Hulk as a character or maybe it's towards Carver i'm not sure. Hasn't this kind of thread been done several times before? Seems pretty pointless besides an opportunity to downplay the WWH arc even moreso than it already has been.

PillarofOsiris
It is utterly impossible for him to get past 5. I'm not saying that as a knock on the Hulk, if anything I'm biased towards Superman and he wouldn't beat team #5 either. It's insane to think Hulk, Superman, Thor, or anyone on that tier of power could beat all of those characters at once.

Stoic
It is utterly impossible for him to get past 5. I'm not saying that as a knock on the Hulk, if anything I'm biased towards Superman and he wouldn't beat team #5 either. It's insane to think Hulk, Superman, Thor, or anyone on that tier of power could beat all of those characters at once.

So I guess WWIII Black Adam, and all that he did was PIS? Kinda makes it seem that way doesn't it?

Zack Fair

The Sorrow
Out of all those characters you named only one has a growing power that never ends, I don't see any reason for it to be impossible, especially if he decides to let himself go ape-shit mad. Your opinion he can't win is fine by me, it's your opinion after all. Tbh we're mostly in agreement, if he has the "WWH" mentality i.e. beating his opponents without causing them too much damage then there is a strong chance he will stop at 5.

carver9
Gets to 8 imo. He punch to da** hard.

Sin I AM
So I guess WWIII Black Adam, and all that he did was PIS? Kinda makes it seem that way doesn't it?

Adam had an amp and he didn't fight this kind of team

PillarofOsiris
Gets to 8 imo. He punch to da** hard.

It's hilarious that you can see WWH beating 7.

Sin I AM
Is arrow really a core justice leaguer??

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Hulk could conceivably get to 8 it all depends on his mindset really, with CIS on he should stop at 5 or 6.

I'd say if nothing else this thread shows there is some sort of underlying hate/dislike for the Hulk as a character or maybe it's towards Carver i'm not sure. Hasn't this kind of thread been done several times before? Seems pretty pointless besides an opportunity to downplay the WWH arc even moreso than it already has been.

WWH was a PIS ridden mess. You don't agree?

Is arrow really a core justice leaguer??

post reboot? no. Pre reboot, he was one of the first outside of the original 7 to be brought in.

Sin I AM
Really cant recall, take your word for it...id pick the Android over an arrow though personally

-Pr-
Really cant recall, take your word for it...id pick the Android over an arrow though personally

android?

carver9
It's hilarious that you can see WWH beating 7.

It's hilarious you believe Hulk beats Green Arrow.

Sin I AM
android?

Tornado

Zack Fair
It's hilarious you believe Hulk beats Green Arrow. ?

-Pr-
Tornado

Oh, me too.

But I'd have Reddy in any JLA, as he's one of my favourites.

The Sorrow
WWH was a PIS ridden mess. You don't agree?
Looking at it purely from a battleboard sense yeah sure but none moreso than some other instances of high heralds beating an assortment of equally powerful heroes, yet they don't seem to attract the same level of lowballing and criticism. Hulk's power and character have progressed a lot since his dumb days yet for whatever reason some seem intent to keep him at those levels to maintain some sort of status quo.

SamZED

I'd say if nothing else this thread shows there is some sort of underlying hate/dislike for the Hulk as a character or maybe it's towards Carver i'm not sure. Hasn't this kind of thread been done several times before? Seems pretty pointless besides an opportunity to downplay the WWH arc even moreso than it already has been. It's not that people hate him. If you look through the posts youll notice that most people say he loses only via BFR, they don't believe that every team can actually hurt him. But there is no logical reason outside of PIS why Hulk wouldn't lose to team 4 every single time. It's perfectly in character for Raven to dump powerful foes in other dimensions. Don't even wanna start on what she could do to him CIS off.

carver9
Looking at it purely from a battleboard sense yeah sure but none moreso than some other instances of high heralds beating an assortment of equally powerful heroes, yet they don't seem to attract the same level of lowballing and criticism. Hulk's power and character have progressed a lot since his dumb days yet for whatever reason some seem intent to keep him at those levels to maintain some sort of status quo.

Pretty much. Don't hear these things being said when it comes to Doomsday, Despero, or any other brick...its only Hulk.

Newjak
I think he definitely stops at number 5

psycho gundam
Pretty much. Don't hear these things being said when it comes to Doomsday, Despero, or any other brick...its only Hulk. you're no help either

-Pr-

Nobody's trying to lowball Hulk. He's still at the power level he's at.

Pretty much. Don't hear these things being said when it comes to Doomsday, Despero, or any other brick...its only Hulk.

They didn't have shitty storylines built around them just to make them look good.

psycho gundam
isn't that a personal preference? it damn sure isn't fact

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
isn't that a personal preference? it damn sure isn't fact

The first one or the latter?

If the former, I don't see anyone bar trolls trying to make Hulk look bad.

If the latter... You really think WWH was a good series that was a good, accurate representation of how the Hulk's invasion could have gone?

psycho gundam
i see nothing inherently wrong with it. it was a simple premise and simple depiction of what everyone thought would happen: "what's going to happen when the hulk comes back?" well, he was pretty phuckin' mad so he smashed. anyone who wanted shakespeare-esqe storytelling from a revenge arc is buggin

pak was addressing almost everything and everyone in the entire history of the hulk comic that affected his life, and at the same time he was ending that chapter and making a a new one.

however, compared to AvX it is julius caesar

keiththegreat
Thank god Thor was dead during WWH or he would have been embarassed even worse than in this P5 story arc.

-Pr-
i see nothing inherently wrong with it. it was a simple premise and simple depiction of what everyone thought would happen: "what's going to happen when the hulk comes back?" well, he was pretty phuckin' mad so he smashed. anyone who wanted shakespeare-esqe storytelling from a revenge arc is buggin

pak was addressing almost everything and everyone in the entire history of the hulk comic that affected his life, and at the same time he was ending that chapter and making a a new one.

however, compared to AvX it is julius caesar

I'm sorry, i really don't agree. After the excellence that was Planet Hulk, WWH was a PIS-ridden disappointment, and what made it worse was that I knew Pak was capable of doing better.

Of course now, I tend to think of Planet Hulk being a fluke, tbh.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thank god Thor was dead during WWH or he would have been embarassed even worse than in this P5 story arc. the irony is that he was too dead to even get brushed aside trying to prove he can out muscle his old rival

I'm sorry, i really don't agree. After the excellence that was Planet Hulk, WWH was a PIS-ridden disappointment, and what made it worse was that I knew Pak was capable of doing better.

Of course now, I tend to think of Planet Hulk being a fluke, tbh. without examples it's really hard to see that viewpoint as nothing other than "i just didn't like it"

PillarofOsiris
I'm glad Thor was dead for that mess. Pak would have humiliated him.

-Pr-
without examples it's really hard to see that viewpoint as nothing other than "i just didn't like it"

You mean as opposed to the other threads where I gave examples?

Fine:

Sentry being the big bad.
The ending that was shoe-horned in to make the Illuminati somewhat innocent.
The general tone, characterisation etc of various characters (my biggest issue).
The X-Men tie-in where everyone fought like idiots/were badly written.
The manner in which Hulk won half of his fights, in the main story and the tie-ins.

Zack Fair
I would have preferred Thor getting defeated by Hulk if it meant getting a free pass against the Phoenix pricks. Besides Thor would have probably taken Sentry's place so I don't think Hulkster would have just oneshotted him. Even Herc came out looking good when he confronted Hulk.

janus77
No point speculating on Thor's hypothetical contribution to WWH, if he had taken Sentry's place and gotten beat - they'd be complaining in here even now.

The best arc for me was FOTH, with Banner all scheming and underhanded.

psycho gundam
Sentry being the big bad. sentry was an x-factor as he was a new character in publication that was being touted as a character from the golden age with long history in the marvel universe, as well as being one of the hulk's personal friends. then his ambiguous power and schizophrenia gets thrown in and well... whatever

The ending that was shoe-horned in to make the Illuminati somewhat innocent. it wasn't perfect but he had to not only make things nice again (being an arc), but then he had the next arc start right there for the next writer to come in. it was also a close on the illuminati as a team since a lot of unfavorable things happened to their plans, all of which were with the best intentions

The general tone, characterisation etc of various characters (my biggest issue). personal taste

The X-Men tie-in where everyone fought like idiots/were badly written. this is a topic unto itself. they tried using lethal maneuvers and they failed, and a lot of them are fodder fighting someone that powerful. we can go into lengths in another thread

a lot of posters say "bfr him". that is where this whole thing started to begin with, and doesn't factor in personality and morals heroes have, another reason why hulk was so mad when he came back as he felt morals were tossed out so he wanted to let them taste the barbarism he was forced to endure

The manner in which Hulk won half of his fights, in the main story and the tie-ins. hulk has been a team wrecker since day one, and a lot of the characters assembled failed to beat him at a lower level of power, and lower intellect. it would be a crime for him to be threatened at the power he is at now

-Pr-
sentry was an x-factor as he was a new character in publication that was being touted as a character from the golden age with long history in the marvel universe, as well as being one of the hulk's personal friends. then his ambiguous power and schizophrenia gets thrown in and well... whatever

it wasn't perfect but he had to not only make things nice again (being an arc), but then he had the next arc start right there for the next writer to come in. it was also a close on the illuminati as a team since a lot of unfavorable things happened to their plans, all of which were with the best intentions

personal taste

this is a topic unto itself. they tried using lethal maneuvers and they failed, and a lot of them are fodder fighting someone that powerful. we can go into lengths in another thread

hulk has been a team wrecker since day one, and a lot of the characters assembled failed to beat him at a lower level of power, and lower intellect.

So you're making excuses for WWH, then? You don't think there was large amounts of PIS involved?

So how do you view the arc?

psycho gundam
So you're making excuses for WWH, then? You don't think there was large amounts of PIS involved?

So how do you view the arc? it just seems that the level of criticism is unfair, especially when it's almost an extended version of the beloved death of superman, but told from doomsday's perspective.

large amounts? no. small little things? sure, why not.

-Pr-
it just seems that the level of criticism is unfair, especially when it's almost an extended version of the beloved death of superman, but told from doomsday's perspective.

large amounts? no. small little things? sure, why not.

Death of Superman was different, though, in one big capacity (at least from my opinion): Doomsday was written up to kill Superman, whereas it felt like most, if not everyone, was written down to fight Hulk.

I'm not saying Hulk couldn't have won, just that the manner in which it was done was honestly disappointing.

psycho gundam
hulk already beat 70% of them before, though, so at the time only pak knew hulk was holding back so be thankful that they weren't killed by the footsteps in issue #1

poison = gets burned out of his system

mind rape = rages out of it

physical confrontations = crumble before him

plot metal and exotic attacks = heals the damage if it can even harm him

what's left?

the fight with onslaught was a dead giveaway to what he could muster compared to everyone else fighting for their lives

-Pr-
hulk already beat 70% of them before, though, so at the time only pak knew hulk was holding back so be thankful that they weren't killed by the footsteps in issue #1

poison = gets burned out of his system

mind rape = rages out of it

physical confrontations = crumble before him

plot metal and exotic attacks = heals the damage if it can even harm him

what's left?

the fight with onslaught was a dead giveaway to what he could muster compared to everyone else fighting for their lives

i have no problem with Hulk winning, like I said.

Zom Strange, Sentry, the X-Men; I can see Hulk beating them all. It was how it was written, that annoyed me; not the result.

PillarofOsiris
I can't see WWH beating a well written Sentry.

-Pr-
I can't see WWH beating a well written Sentry.

I can, as long as we're not talking about him Voiding out.

PillarofOsiris
He should have comparable strength, FAR superior speed, and flight. Sentry's aura is supposed to make the Hulk less angry as well. I don't see how Hulk can win if Sentry is using his powers even somewhat intelligently.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>