Ivan Drago vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
Round 1 - Boxing match

Round 2 - Street fight

KO or death ends the fight.

Who breaks who?

Lord Lucien
If Rocky can out-endure Drago, I think Bane can too.

Psychotron
What stamina feats does Bane have?

Pwned
Fighting Batman.

That should be all that need be said.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Psychotron
What stamina feats does Bane have?

He beat batman

juggerman
Hmmmmmm. Bane has never taken the kind of punishment Drago can dish out. Batman hit nowhere near as hard as Ivan.

With Bane's speed and skill tho he would probably take this

Lestov16
What about Drago's durability?

Psychotron
Originally posted by steverules_2
He beat batman

And older, out-of-shape Batman. Batman whooped his ass in round 2.

Originally posted by juggerman
Hmmmmmm. Bane has never taken the kind of punishment Drago can dish out. Batman hit nowhere near as hard as Ivan.

With Bane's speed and skill tho he would probably take this

Bane's faster, but his mask is a big weakness. A solid shot from Drago could damage it. A then there's Drago's reach advantage.

Originally posted by Lestov16
What about Drago's durability?

About the same as Bane's I'd bet.

Newjak
After watching it again Batman was only able to damage the mask by use of his forearm blades, or at least that's what it looked like.

steverules_2
Batman was getting his ass whooped till he made the smart decision and decided to go after the mask. Bane took batmans best shots and wasn't even affected by them.

Estacado
Originally posted by Newjak
After watching it again Batman was only able to damage the mask by use of his forearm blades, or at least that's what it looked like.
thumb up

Psychotron
It didn't look that way to me, but I only saw it once.

Regardless, Drago's 2150 psi punches can damage the mask.

Robtard
Where did Bane show impressive speed or skill? He fought like a brute for the most part, tanked hits and then swung like an angry chimp. You "new shiny" people, sickening.

juggerman
He showed both. Alfred comented on how he feared for Bruce if he encountered Bane. He told Bruce to take note of his speed skill and brutality

EDIT: I think Bane was a pretty cool character for what he was but i agree people are making him out to be much more than what he was

Robtard
He showed both. Alfred comented on how he feared for Bruce if he encountered Bane. He told Bruce to take note of his speed skill and brutality

One old man's ramblings does not supersede the two fights we see Bane in.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
Where did Bane show impressive speed or skill? He fought like a brute for the most part, tanked hits and then swung like an angry chimp. You "new shiny" people, sickening.

IIRC he started hitting faster and more furiously when Batman damaged his mask, but I agree, he wasn't that fast. Neither was Drago of course.

juggerman
One old man's ramblings

laughing too funny! laughing

He was fast enough to block/parry several of Batman's hits (the ones he wasn't just tanking) and the Batman is pretty damn fast

Robtard
Originally posted by Psychotron
IIRC he started hitting faster and more furiously when Batman damaged his mask, but I agree, he wasn't that fast. Neither was Drago of course.

IIRC, he became more wild and chimp like when Batman first damaged his mask; then slowed down.

For reference:

u-w_HsQ0LAU

ares834
laughing too funny! laughing

He was fast enough to block/parry several of Batman's hits (the ones he wasn't just tanking) and the Batman is pretty damn fast

Yep, and he actually caught one... That's pretty damn impressive.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Robtard
IIRC, he became more wild and chimp like when Batman first damaged his mask; then slowed down.

For reference:

u-w_HsQ0LAU

Well, yeah. Bane is basically a brawler. I didn't say otherwise.

NemeBro
Ivan Drago has a measured punching pressure of over 2000 psi. Considering the average size of someone's fist, this would equate to roughly 15,000 pounds of force. big grin

Robtard
He also has a professional record of 31-1-0 and an amateur record of 100-0-00.

Psychotron
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ivan Drago has a measured punching pressure of over 2000 psi. Considering the average size of someone's fist, this would equate to roughly 15,000 pounds of force. big grin

Probably more considering Dolph's size.

And then even more because he was wearing boxing gloves when they measured it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.