Justice League vs Marvel's big three (Read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

society619
Justice League: Aquaman, Batman, Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Superman, Wonder Woman

vs.

Avengers: Captain America, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Vision
X-Men: Colossus, Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey (no Phoenix) Professor X, Storm
Fantastic Four: Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Mr Fantastic, Thing

The Justice League team faces off against the combined might of the Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four all at once.

Everyone in character, but fighting seriously. Both sides are teleported to a secluded part of the world and given basic knowledge about the other side, plus 10 minutes to plan tactics, etc. No BFR. Win by KO, incapacitation, or death.

All characters are standard/classic versions, pre-52 for all DC characters.

-Pr-
Well all the X-Men bar Iceman are going to down quickly. The Avengers will put up a fight, so maybe Reed can do something...

tkitna
Hulk, Thor, Vision, and a ruthless Sue would be a problem, but the rest are fodder.

JLA for majority

society619
I guess no love for Professor X

Martian_mind
JLA, convinvcingly.

tkitna
Originally posted by society619

Not when MM and Aquaman are resisting his telepathy. How fast is his wheelchair again?

Kazenji
Originally posted by tkitna
Not when MM and Aquaman are resisting his telepathy. How fast is his wheelchair again?

What Wheelchair?

tkitna
It was a bad attempt at humor.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by society619

That's about what I'm thinking.
Especially if, in serious enough straits, he can trigger the "Onslaught" persona to aid the Marvel teams.

The 10 minutes prep time and lack of the Flash favors the Marvel coalition over DC. Without it, the fight would go along P.R.'s reasoning. With it, however ...?

Tactically, the Marvel Team is going to go after Jonnz first.
They HAVE to. Nothing is more dangerous than a superstrong superspeed brick who can read the minds of your teammates and thus know your plans and predict your every move. They've GOT to find a way to put him out first. Fortunately, with Professor X and Jean Gray, they can assault him telepathically or put some illusion in his mind. If they ultimately don't have the power to do it even in tandem, they yet should be able to give Human Torch and Vision time enough to assault him. One mini-Nova blast by the Torch takes Manhunter OUT. A guy whose power is to make and control flame? Yeah superman-with-a-fire-weakness is going out.

Next, however, comes Superman himself. JLA Fernus the Burning tells us that Superman can be taken out of commision by phasing attack. Fernus aka Jonnz, did it himself by fusing Supes into the JLA round table. No joke. I can show that if anyone wants to see it. Hulk and Thor should be able to keep Superman busy long enough for Vision to do his thing.

Next in order of danger to the Marvel teams is probably Wonder Woman. Here what the O.P. has in mind will determine my answer. Is this Diana as she was in the late 90s? Is that what you're calling classic? I hate to say this, but it actually IS plausible for Storm to take out late 90s-style Wonder Woman with electricity. Ditto for Thor.
If this is post-2005 Rucka-style Diana, though, she has enough to allow the DC team to rally from this point and go on to win it.

I don't consider Hal Jordan a super dangerous offensive threat like Manhunter, Superman or Wonder Woman. He is probably the most well-rounded and capable lone member, though.
I don't really see how any lone person save maybe Professor X or Thor could take him one-on-one.

No further thoughts at this moment beyond those 4 people at present. I'll be interested to hear other perspectives.

Good matchup.

juggerman
What Wheelchair?

All characters are standard/classic versions

Wouldn't that mean wheelchair?

Classic NES
Originally posted by -Pr-
Well all the X-Men bar Iceman are going to down quickly.

I dunno, the X-men through Team work have taken down some very powerful people: Juggernaut, Magneto, Apocalypse and so forth.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Classic NES
I dunno, the X-men through Team work have taken down some very powerful people: Juggernaut, Magneto, Apocalypse and so forth.

None who can move faster than thought, however:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27414/2374660-faster_than_thought_plan1.jpg

And with Flash there, he could lend speed to the others to make them faster as well.

Edit: No Flash, I'm silly.

Newjak
Is this Colossanaut?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Newjak
Is this Colossanaut?

Classic, standard versions.

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggerman
Wouldn't that mean wheelchair?

Well for "Standard"

Professor X hasn't been in a wheelchair for a while.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
That's about what I'm thinking.
Especially if, in serious enough straits, he can trigger the "Onslaught" persona to aid the Marvel teams.

The 10 minutes prep time and lack of the Flash favors the Marvel coalition over DC. Without it, the fight would go along P.R.'s reasoning. With it, however ...?

Tactically, the Marvel Team is going to go after Jonnz first.
They HAVE to. Nothing is more dangerous than a superstrong superspeed brick who can read the minds of your teammates and thus know your plans and predict your every move. They've GOT to find a way to put him out first. Fortunately, with Professor X and Jean Gray, they can assault him telepathically or put some illusion in his mind. If they ultimately don't have the power to do it even in tandem, they yet should be able to give Human Torch and Vision time enough to assault him. One mini-Nova blast by the Torch takes Manhunter OUT. A guy whose power is to make and control flame? Yeah superman-with-a-fire-weakness is going out.

Next, however, comes Superman himself. JLA Fernus the Burning tells us that Superman can be taken out of commision by phasing attack. Fernus aka Jonnz, did it himself by fusing Supes into the JLA round table. No joke. I can show that if anyone wants to see it. Hulk and Thor should be able to keep Superman busy long enough for Vision to do his thing.

Next in order of danger to the Marvel teams is probably Wonder Woman. Here what the O.P. has in mind will determine my answer. Is this Diana as she was in the late 90s? Is that what you're calling classic? I hate to say this, but it actually IS plausible for Storm to take out late 90s-style Wonder Woman with electricity. Ditto for Thor.
If this is post-2005 Rucka-style Diana, though, she has enough to allow the DC team to rally from this point and go on to win it.

I don't consider Hal Jordan a super dangerous offensive threat like Manhunter, Superman or Wonder Woman. He is probably the most well-rounded and capable lone member, though.
I don't really see how any lone person save maybe Professor X or Thor could take him one-on-one.

No further thoughts at this moment beyond those 4 people at present. I'll be interested to hear other perspectives.

Good matchup.

I like u

ColossusGrundy
JLA for huge majority.

Not enough firepower on these marvel teams to take them down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.