Luke Cage vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their best and peak on the following:-

1.H2H only
2.Both can use other powers & abilities and standard weopens etc

Who wins in each of the above how and why?

JakeTheBank
Danny wins 100/100.

Because Luke is a loyal herald to Danny, he is allowed to live afterwords.

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61080/1393278-lukeca9lk_super.jpg

cdtm
That was during Mary Jo Duffy's run, right? She did a majority of PM and IF, but I found her a little too preachy (Danny was basically Luke Cage's backup in his quest to deal with deadbeat landlords and terrorists in their war against corrupt government..)

Still, a feats a feat, and it goes well with these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137032.jpg

Harbinger
Luke gets KTFO.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by cdtm
That was during Mary Jo Duffy's run, right? She did a majority of PM and IF, but I found her a little too preachy (Danny was basically Luke Cage's backup in his quest to deal with deadbeat landlords and terrorists in their war against corrupt government..)

Still, a feats a feat, and it goes well with these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137020.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137031.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/Thunderbolts137032.jpg ^ Luke Cage Wins

ColossusGrundy
Danny would have to control himself or kill Cage.

vansonbee
Didn't look like Luke was fighting back and only defending himself.

cdtm
Originally posted by vansonbee
Didn't look like Luke was fighting back and only defending himself.

Cage wasn't trying to fight Danny.

But if Cage can't tank his hits, he's got nothing. Danny has him cold on speed and skill.

Gecko4lif
Cage wasn't trying to fight Danny.

But if Cage can't tank his hits, he's got nothing. Danny has him cold on speed and skill. Lukes got the clap.

cdtm
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Lukes got the clap.

O_o

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Lukes got the clap.

There are shots for that.

cdtm
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
There are shots for that.

Steel hard skin. sad

Mindset
Luke Cage always has a raging boner.

Intredasting.

cdtm
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/61080/1393278-lukeca9lk_super.jpg

Not Mary Joe Duffy.

Christopher Priest, back when he was calling himself Jim Owsley.

Adds credibility, for me. I never did think much of Mary Jo Duffy's writing.. sad

TheHulk
Bump

cdtm
Priest has Danny > T'challa.

Bendis has Danny > Luke.

Maybe a bad argument for the forums, but come on. Bendis puts Cage over everybody, and Priest has Panther beat Mephisto. (And dare I say it, Bendis generally hates white people.. Still doesn't stop him giving Danny his due. smile )

Surtur
Cage won't even be able to land a single hit on IF unless he wants to be hit.

panthergod
Priest has Danny > T'challa.

Bendis has Danny > Luke.

Maybe a bad argument for the forums, but come on. Bendis puts Cage over everybody, and Priest has Panther beat Mephisto. (And dare I say it, Bendis generally hates white people.. Still doesn't stop him giving Danny his due. smile )

my was utterly inferior to Priests TChalla. Couldn't touch him outside of BPs tactic to save his life.

DeadpoolXXX
even current versions luke stomps.

cdtm
Originally posted by panthergod
my was utterly inferior to Priests TChalla. Couldn't touch him outside of BPs tactic to save his life.

I'll take your word on it, I'm not expert. But fair enough.

Panther would stomp Cage as well, that much I do know. thumb up

TheHulk
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
even current versions luke stomps. Hasn't Danny receive upgrades as well? Well before the whole new whole different Marvel crap...

cdtm
Originally posted by TheHulk
Hasn't Danny receive upgrades as well? Well before the whole new whole different Marvel crap...

Yessir.

And the fact is, in comic and under multiple writers, Danny > Cage.

The most credible writers being Priest and Bendis.

Priest being a black writer, who's known for legitimizing Black Panther (Whom he also had take quite the beating from Iron Fist, worse then Iron Man or Wolverine ever did..)

And of course Bendis is Cage's patron..

TheHulk
And the fact is, in comic and under multiple writers, Danny > Cage.
How? Is by feats or statements?

cdtm
How? Is by feats or statements?

Feats.

TheHulk
Feats. Like what?

StiltmanFTW
One-shotting the Helicarrier.

Raping the Wrecking Crew.

Finishing Ragnarok.

Cdtm will give you 739 more feats. Go, cd. Make daddy stilt proud.

TheHulk
So Danny has superior feats to Luke? I guess that's just enough to warrant Fist>Luke ermm

StiltmanFTW
He's a far more versatile fighter with the superior striking power. Luke is a one-trick pony.

cdtm
Danny could probably "cure" Cage's steel hard skin, just like he healed Shang Chi's Spider virus or Matt Murdocks demon possession..

Sin I AM
So Danny has superior feats to Luke? I guess that's just enough to warrant Fist>Luke ermm

Naw helicarrier is an outlier

Wrecking Crew is garbage

And Ragnarok was a team effort. Logan did the heavy lifting

TheHulk
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Wrecking Crew is garbage

And Ragnarok was a team effort. Logan did the heavy lifting I disagree on the helicarrier feat being outlier. It seems to me that Danny only cause enough force for the entire carrier to breakdown. If he totally destroyed it with IF punch...then it's probably an outlier.

Yeaah i can agree with The Wrecking Crew even though they have fought Thor and Avengers before.

Can't remember much about his Ragnarok feat.

cdtm

Wrecking Crew is garbage

And Ragnarok was a team effort. Logan did the heavy lifting

Hah, outlier.

Claremont had him bust a city block in the 1980's. Immortal Iron Fist had the "make Hiroshima look like a sparkler" train feat.

Ostrander had him KO drunken mortal Herc (Mortal Herc is still > Cage.)

Priest had him KO Bres, a big elf who tossed around Thor.. Then around 10-15 years later, had him give Black Panther in his vibranium suit such a beating he developed an inoperable brain tumor that was going to kill him, in the same run where he (Or at least a future version of him) tanked Iron Man hits..

cdtm
I could go on and on..

Another 1980's Claremont feat, Cage and Danny vs robot mobsters.

Cage hits them. He hurts his hand, and doesn't make a dent.

Danny charges up the fist, and scraps three in one go.

Then there's the super sized war robot model that one shot KO'd Cage.

Full disclosure, ironically Claremont wrote Danny as unable to KO Cage with his strongest Iron Fist in a 1 vs 1. Go figure, but read between the lines and it's pretty obvious Claremont either could not or would not have Rand stomp.Cage in his own comic book, and their performance against the robots is his true opinion of their power levels..

Sin I AM
I disagree on the helicarrier feat being outlier. It seems to me that Danny only cause enough force for the entire carrier to breakdown. If he totally destroyed it with IF punch...then it's probably an outlier.

Yeaah i can agree with The Wrecking Crew even though they have fought Thor and Avengers before.

Can't remember much about his Ragnarok feat.

Ok

WC are up and down. They just arent that potent imo

Wolverine took it to Clor for serveral panels before getting zapped and a tag in by Cage who got trounced. IF got a spidey style cannonball special at the end. So its a shared feat.. Everyone else was useless

At cdtm yea sure but thatsba highlight reel not avg portrayal

StiltmanFTW
(Mortal Herc is still > Cage.)

Seriously doubting that, tbh.

cdtm
Maybe, but there isn't much to debate otherwise.

And like I said, the fact is when they do fight, Danny usually has the upper hand. It's been that way pretty solidly for the last decade. Remender, Bendis.. The second half of the Immortal Iron Fist series had Cage doing jack all to the Iron Fist killer, and getting brushed aside. It was Danny who literally punched his head off.

And in the 1980's you only really had one writer standing behind Cage (That was the primary writer of Power Man and Iron Fist, who wrote the worst half baked social justice stories cribbing elements from past stories by better writers..)

deathslash
Feats. pretty sure that Luke has better feats than danny....

TethAdamTheRock
Who ever hits first wins

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Seriously doubting that, tbh.

He did some stuff pretty bad ass stuff against the new gods while mortal.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
pretty sure that Luke has better feats than danny....

No doubt:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/12/121048/2465672-lukecage_vs_scorpion.jpg

Is giving Gargan his only win ever a feat? thumb up

leonidas
with that art we all lose. thumb down

cdtm
If everyone looked like that, Marvel Zombie-verse never would have been taken over.

Zombie Sentry: ."Hmm, judging by the decay, looks like you guys have been our people for awhile. Moving on!"

StiltmanFTW

Gargan was really formidable as Scorpion.

That stupid symbiote goo weakened him somehow. Worst time in his career. Even Captain America using a rope on him wasn't nearly as embarrassing as majority of his showings as Venom laughing out loud

TheHulk
Wolverine took it to Clor for serveral panels before getting zapped and a tag in by Cage who got trounced. IF got a spidey style cannonball special at the end. So its a shared feat.. Everyone else was useless

At cdtm yea sure but thatsba highlight reel not avg portrayal Ahh thanks for the clear up

That's quite the number of high portrayals tbh. I mean it's not a stretch to say the IF can sometimes to look like it hits as hard as a class 90-100. However it is safe to say the IF can hit as hard or harder than Cage.

Maybe, but there isn't much to debate otherwise.

And like I said, the fact is when they do fight, Danny usually has the upper hand. It's been that way pretty solidly for the last decade. Remender, Bendis.. The second half of the Immortal Iron Fist series had Cage doing jack all to the Iron Fist killer, and getting brushed aside. It was Danny who literally punched his head off.

And in the 1980's you only really had one writer standing behind Cage (That was the primary writer of Power Man and Iron Fist, who wrote the worst half baked social justice stories cribbing elements from past stories by better writers..) In the end of the day, Mortal Herc was drunk either way, not saying being drunk will make you more susceptible to being KOed but c'mon...

Definitely i should infer to your much better wisdom and knowledge in Iron Fist and Luke Cage comics. But however i never recall Danny ever having the upper hand when they fight.

cdtm
So I just had a Bicuitti Vanilla Stout, 9.0 % abv, and a cigar.

You're all against Iron Fist!

God, I'm such an ******* when I have a drink..

cdtm
Ahh thanks for the clear up

That's quite the number of high portrayals tbh. I mean it's not a stretch to say the IF can sometimes to look like it hits as hard as a class 90-100. However it is safe to say the IF can hit as hard or harder than Cage.

In the end of the day, Mortal Herc was drunk either way, not saying being drunk will make you more susceptible to being KOed but c'mon...

Definitely i should infer to your much better wisdom and knowledge in Iron Fist and Luke Cage comics. But however i never recall Danny ever having the upper hand when they fight.

I can post scans, but how many fights have you seen?

Thunderbolts? Or Power Man and Iron Fist circa 1980's?

TheHulk
I can post scans, but how many fights have you seen?

Thunderbolts? Or Power Man and Iron Fist circa 1980's? Yeah i think their Thunderbolts fight is the most popular one seeing as Danny wrecked Cage's sh!t, though i personally feel Luke wasn't into that fight with Danny and then of course prior to that Luke had to fight 3-4 other dudes and one of them messed his brain or CNS. I think i also seen them have a brief scuffle pre power up where Danny punches Cage through a building.

Show me some of their fights after their power ups in their comics together like Heroes for Hire, if they have any, or Power Man and Iron Fist as you said. Honestly i can definitely say i have never seen them in a fight where they both want to beat each other up and either had the advantage.

TheHulk
Still waiting for cdtm to give those scans sad

meep-meep
Originally posted by leonidas
with that art we all lose. thumb down

Agreed. 'How can I get away with not drawing any contextual landscape or background scenery? Oh. Let me draw big fists, muscles and faces to block everything out.' White background...boo.

TheHulk
Originally posted by meep-meep
Agreed. 'How can I get away with not drawing any contextual landscape or background scenery? Oh. Let me draw big fists, muscles and faces to block everything out.' White background...boo. I personally find some satisfaction and i don't know why? Maybe it's the joy of seeing overblown muscle sad

zopzop
Phuck Iron Fist. Luke Cage ftw!

meep-meep
I personally find some satisfaction and i don't know why? Maybe it's the joy of seeing overblown muscle sad

Its just my opinion, no worries. It looks like 90s Era X factor art to me. Not my thing.

SamZED
Originally posted by zopzop
Phuck Iron Fist. There's a fisting joke in there somewhere.

TheHulk
With all that being said, still waiting for cdtm for the scans laughing out loud

deathslash
No doubt:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/12/121048/2465672-lukecage_vs_scorpion.jpg

Is giving Gargan his only win ever a feat? thumb up congrats, you know how to lowball.

Quick Freeze
Did this ever get resolved?

zopzop
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
Did this ever get resolved?
Common sense resolves this. Cage has gone up against Wonder Man, Hulk, Thing, Namor, Evil Rogue (with Ms. Marvel's power) etc.. and gave them a decent tussle (no one is saying he would win). That's better than anything IF has done.

StiltmanFTW

Gargan rocked as Scorpion.

He sucked as Venom.

cdtm
Gargan rocked as Scorpion.

He sucked as Venom.

Is he half a man under that symbiot suit?

He's missing his entire lower human half, right?

StiltmanFTW
No, you're confusing him with Cletus, who got ripped in half by Sentry.

Quick Freeze

StiltmanFTW
Danny had no "little" upgrades. He had huge ones.

Cage only had a single boost... and it added nothing to make him more versatile.

And this is coming from me, even though I often argue against Iron Fist.

DarkSaint85
Four pages and no one mentioned Panther taking Cage out?

StiltmanFTW
Powerless Panther.

Quick Freeze
It was mentioned 4 times now lol

DarkSaint85
Oh I missed it in this thread.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
It was mentioned 4 times now lol

Classic Iron Fist and Classic Cage were said to beat each other 50/50, both of them admitted it in the conversation between themselves.

Before Danny was able to spam the IF technique, charge both fists, heal himself, shoot energy blasts, become temporarily invulnerable, charge and throw shit Gambit-style, etc.

Hell, modern Fist is able to make modern Cage bleed like a virgin WITHOUT using his signature attack.

cdtm
Classic Iron Fist and Classic Cage were said to beat each other 50/50, both of them admitted it in the conversation between themselves.

Before Danny was able to spam the IF technique, charge both fists, heal himself, shoot energy blasts, become temporarily invulnerable, charge and throw shit Gambit-style, etc.

Hell, modern Fist is able to make modern Cage bleed like a virgin WITHOUT using his signature attack.

And that 1-3 charges a day cap stopped being a problem fairly early too. By the time Priest got him at the end of Power Man and Iron Fist in the 80's, he could bust out as many charged fists as he needed.

It's kind of a shame Priest never got to write Iron Fist full time, you could tell he had a genuine fondness for Bruce Lee and 70's era Kung Fu cinema, which makes sense given his age.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.