Batman vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This is a standard equipment battle I know it seems like spite but Batman has fought superhumans before. Who wins?

pym-ftw
Dick because he gets to tell the girls he's batman again

JakeTheBank
Depends.

Bats "standard equipment" is hard to gauge. Best bet is to use tear gas and pray the Batforce makes itself felt.

Harbinger
It only takes one well placed blow for Ben to win this.

ColossusGrundy
Depends on whether or not Ben fights smart.

Smart fighting Ben wins because of ineffective Bat gadgets (doesn't really have anything I think can bring him down... Ben can blow away the gas).

Angry Ben gets owned...

(PIS notwithstanding)

Shabazz916
Ben wins any hit hurts batman bad then he can just stomp on him.

SasuOna
Can't Ben just Thunderclap and call it a day?

DarkSaint85
Batman pressure points him!!!!!

janus77
Batman gets a huge sheet of paper - rock, paper, scissors ftw!

pym-ftw
^Thunder Clap?

DarkSaint85
Question (btw, I think Thing wins, so let's move on)...

How durable are the Thing's eyes?

pym-ftw
I think there soft but his eyelids are still stone and old blue eyes is no sloth either

janus77
sonic attacks might work against Thing, plus there's probably some sort of vibration/frequency that Batman could produce that would make Thing's body crumble.

With a little prep, Batman would win this for sure.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Surprised no one has targeted them before....

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by janus77
sonic attacks might work against Thing, plus there's probably some sort of vibration/frequency that Batman could produce that would make Thing's body crumble.

Can't see him doing the latter since it would most likely kill Thing.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77

Pfft with prep and non standard equipment, sure. Maybe some kind of acid which eats rock, or a specific type of bacteria, that kinda thing. I'm never sure what 'standard' equipment is, either, but I just assume its pretty much what you get in Arkham City (batarangs, grapple claw, some explosives). Nothing that can put Thing down for the count.

Maybe Scarecrow fear gas? I don't know.

janus77
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Can't see him doing the latter since it would most likely kill Thing.
maybe localise the effect to a knee or an arm, just enough to get Thing to back down.

otherwise, he'll just have to keep dodging Thing and use knock-out gas when the opportunity presents itself.

Batman can definitely win quite a few, with standard gear.

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pfft with prep and non standard equipment, sure. Maybe some kind of acid which eats rock, or a specific type of bacteria, that kinda thing. I'm never sure what 'standard' equipment is, either, but I just assume its pretty much what you get in Arkham City (batarangs, grapple claw, some explosives). Nothing that can put Thing down for the count.

Maybe Scarecrow fear gas? I don't know.
knock-out gas should suffice. and I think he has that in his utility belt.

pym-ftw
Thing has super breath

geek

janus77
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thing has super breath

geek
unsr ... Batman chucks a couple of pellets up Thing's nostrils ftw.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thing has super breath

geek

Does he not have to inhale before he exhales?

Zack Fair
Thing clobbers Bats.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Does he not have to inhale before he exhales?
Well assuming he has no air in his lungs at the bell he can still thunderclaps the smoke away and KO batman at the same time

cdtm
Thing wins.

I'd love to see Brave and the Bold Batman fight him with the hit amping brass knuckles he used on Steppenwolf.

Shabazz916
Bane broke batman. Thing will rip him in half. End of story.

The Sorrow
Thing stomps, current Ben has upped his game.

DTM
Thing IMO is way too powerful for Batman to reliably beat, or even close to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.