Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thomas H
Well, seen the trailer today, and I must say....this movie is going to ROCK, and will most sertainly be one of the best movies in 2003.
Finally it looks like we are getting a reel good pirate movie!!

What do you people think??

Augeybana
Is that the one with Johnny Dep.

ToMacco
Hmm. If Johnny Depp is in it, it must be good.

Thomas H
and Orlando BLoom, man this movie will rock!!

edwinian
The new trailer spot for this movie is amazing. By far one of the best pirate movies that I have seen as of yet. If you have not seen the trailer you should definteley go and check it out.

ToMacco
What kind of movie is it going to be? A realistic one, or one like "Hook".

Thomas H
well, it are going to be about the curced pirates....when its midnight they turn into sceletons...better check out the trailer...it will give you a much better decribtion...man this movie does seem to be COOL!

ToMacco
Where can I find the trailer?

Thomas H
over at www.comingsoon.net.

you can also find the best link to the trailer at www.darkhorizons.com

let us know what you think.....!

edwinian
i have a link that works but it won't let me post it b/c i am new....but i can tell you that they have it at yahoo movies...can someone tell me how i can become more known so that i can share links???

Thomas H
well...he got the link now....so that no problemo!

Asami
YES YES YES!!!

I've looked up on this movie and I absolutely cannot wait until its out!!!

Thomas H
hmmmm, something is wrong here...to many people are actually agreeing that this movie is one of the highlights of 2003...hmm and to mention.,....its a bruckheimer movie...YES!!!

ToMacco
Oh, God damnit. Not a Jerry Bruckheimer film.

I now have little hope. Sorry, Thomas. But I'll still check out the trailer sites. Thanks, btw.

Thomas H
WELL.......you will be mighty surprised!

edwinian
cool...thanks...funny, we posted all that at the same time, if i had just waited it all would have been resovled, but i was just trying to help out, etc.

this movie is going to rock

crickey77
the footage is absolutely AWESOME. better than i ever expected. this summer can't come soon enough.

Thomas H
neither can I, and for those who are interessted in some Pirate new...check out www.bruckheimer.n3.net on the messageboard...at least 3 new news each week.....

The poster is absolutley awsome!

Julie
oh oh...still wanna see this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas H
seen the trailer julie!?

Thomas H
check out the new poster at www.comingsoon.net man it rocks!!!

Julie
I saw the first trailer, but I havn't seen any updated ones if there are any

Thomas H
the new one is out...check out www.comingsoon.net and searsh for pirates of .........

Fire
sorry ppl, looks nice and all but the turning into skeletons is a bit too unreal for me

Thomas H
well, it is based on the ride in disney world....still will be the number one movie of 2003!

Fire
I doubt it
but if you want to believe that feel free thomas

Thomas H
I know it will!

Julie
wow that trailer on quicktime was awesome

Fire
I doubt it the competition for number one movie of 2003 is way to big thomas

Julie
what competition....this movie looks better than Charlie's angels....and even more interesting than the matrix...though in a different way

Thomas H
defenetly going to beat charlies angels..
the potential competition is Terminator 3 and Bad Boys 2...these three are the biggest realases in 2003..

ok, fire do you want to bet aginst me??

Il bet POTC will gross over 150 million....do we have a bet?

Fire
the amount of money doesn't count it just needs to bring in most money in the end of the year
but sure we have a bet
you say it's POTC I say it's something else
which movie doesn't matter

Thomas H
ok...so you say that it will gross under 150 million?

Fire
I am not saying that
I am saying that if POTC will gross 150 mill an other movie will gross over the number POTC has grossed

Thomas H
only Terminator 3 and Matirx...

Julie
I won't see Terminator 3 ...most likely...and I don't bet....but I'm not sure I agree either...I haven't crunched the numbers in my head yet

Thomas H
the number one grossing movie this summer will be Matrix, then T3 and then pirates of the caribbean!

Fire
We will see
but I dont see why, because imo the movie is nothing more than a bunch of good looking effects

finti
I think T3 will beat Matrix

Thomas H
wanna bet?

finti
you see there are an older audience to T3 just as it has been with the two LOTR movies. Nd they might just tip the scale in T3 favour.
No one in my circle of friends cared for Matrix they like me thought it sucked good effects piss poor story

Thomas H
didnt know that you had any friends finti...big grin

anyway...as I asked.,..do you want to bet!?

Julie
are you two being good?

Thomas H
what?

Julie
I was asking if you two were behaving yourselves....
The innocent looks doesn't work on me:-)

Thomas H
but....

Julie
yes...welll speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas H
no.....sad

finti
when does this thing open in Norway Thomas?

Thomas H
hmmm, I dont know yet, It has set to have a premiere in Sweden in August, so I guess that we will have it a little bit before that....

Going to see it?

seen the trailer yet finti?

Julie
July 9, July 9, July9

Thomas H
in the US that is!

hayden's minx
WOO HOO! Orlando Bloom .... ahhhh

Julie
hey Haven't I seen that pic somewhere else around herE?

Thomas H
probably...!

Julie
yes I did.....I forget where exactly though

Thomas H
www.countingdown.com

Julie
let me guess..........

Thomas H
well....

preston mullins
All I have to say about Pirates of the Caribbean after seeing the trailer is that it looks like somebody finally made a decent new pirate movie. It's about frigging time. But how are they going to make it feel like your sitting in those little boats?

GordonSkywalker
So Orlando Bloom is in this right? Wasn't he in The Two Towers?

Thomas H
yup he was...that guy has yet to star in a flop...man he is gifted!!

1 . Lord Of The Rings -Monster Sucess
2. Black Hawk Down- Huge Sucsess
3. Two Towers- Monster Sucsess
4. Pirates Of The Caribbean- One of the most anticipated movies this year
5. Troy- Will be HUGE
6. The Kelly Gang- hasnt gotten a premiere in the states yet, but took a box office record in Australia!

GordonSkywalker
Thanks for putting me in the picture, Thomas! I have heard great things about him from other friends.

Thomas H
He is a genious!

GordonSkywalker
Indeed.

Max Power
joblo says the site is up and running now. I checked it out - not bad. I think the movie looks pretty fun overall.

http://pirates.movies.go.com

Thomas H
very cool!

thelotrlovr15
i am anticipating this movie alot... but i believe that LOTR: The Return of the King will be the winner of 2003... Beside the readers of LOTR (who went to the first one)... PPL who didnt read the first one but saw the first (those who liked it) wen to go see the second one... Then those plus other ppl w/ the DVD releases will come to see the last installment...

Plus they said that Peter Jackson WAS planning to make THE HOBBIT but instead he is making the remake of KING KONG (2005)... but he is still considering it....

Augeybana
Johnny depp been playing pretty interesting non present character lating like ED Wood,POTC,Sleepy Hollow,From Hell, he palys them good.

Max Power
yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. I think it just might be one of those surprise hits this summer.

And it's clearly been too long since I've seen a decent sword fight.

Augeybana
Been awhile since a good Pirate movie.

Thomas H
and this will be good!!cnat freaking wait!!seen the trailer anyone?

Augeybana
Yeah I saw it it was awesome.

Thomas H
sure was!

Augeybana
Wonder what next scary past movie instore for Johnny Depp.

Thomas H
some roumers has it that he is going to star in another Bruckheimer movie called Take Down!

Augeybana
Really

chico23
I really want to see this movie the trailer got me hooked.

Augeybana
So this movie is from the ride in Disney World I heard right???

Thomas H
yup.-...hey auge, when you join the bruckheimer forum, you can read much more about this, a since bruckheimer is the producer of this movie!

Max Power
I think they based it on the ride but i'm sure they pulled the story from somewhere else. You can't have a movie that looks this cool based on a ride. Though it is a cool ride. Remember the part where the pirate is chasing the woman in circles?

Anyway, is any of the story based on a pirate legend or something?

Augeybana
Thanks Thomas H have anyone been on this ride before.

Thomas H
not me...you?

Augeybana
Yeah it's slow at first just seeing cool ships and pirates taking over towns and not knowing everyting grows adrk and freefall down a dark corridor it's pretty cool.

edwinian
I've been on the ride...in fact it was my favorite as a kid and when I got back to Disneyland I always make a point to go on it. "Yo ho ho- a Pirates life for me" Anyway, from checking out the trailer and the site...its not really based on anything in particular in the ride...just more a cool pirates story..which correctly stated above..there have not been that many as of late- So I am looking forward to it for sure.

Thomas H
going to be a smash hit>!!

Captain REX
I love that ride. It is the best. big grin

I just watched the trailer. The pirates of the Black Pearl are cursed pirates because they have stolen Aztec gold coins but not every single one. Orlando Bloom's character is brought into the story because his girlfriend is kidnapped by the pirates because she has the last coin. He gets help from a pirate that previously owned the Black Pearl because the ship was stolen from him.

A scene from the trailer between Geoffrey Rush and Miss Knightly.

RUSH: The moonlight shows us for what we really are. We are cursed men.

KNIGHTLY: I hardly believe in ghost stories any more.

*RUSH steps into the moonlight and turns into a rotting, bony corpse*

RUSH: You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one!

Captain REX
Well, I was behind in the conversation so I wanted my say.

Rush's character really does look like a pirate from the ride! It's amazing...

hayden's minx
The ride at Disney World is great.

Thomas H
the movie will be great!

Captain REX
I know it will. The trailer looks amazing.

Hey, look! Disney actually made a scary movie! eek!

Thomas H
a sensation!!big grin

Captain REX
I hope they make the Haunted Mansion scary. It'll be funnier though because it has Eddy Murphy...

edwinian
I am also excited for the Pirates of the Caribbean RPG....

ARRRRRGh

it will be fun to be a pirate!!

and yes...this movie will rock!

Max Power
lol.. I know! Who'd a thunk it? Can't wait for this one.

Pirates is going to have a role playing game? Thats pretty cool.

edwinian
For sure....and Knightly is voicing the narration

for you boys out there to whom knighly is attractive that should be appealing!http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/walt_disney/ pirates_of_the_caribbean__the_curse_of_the_black_p
earl/keira_knightley/pirates.jpg

edwinian
That sucks...why won't it post my picture. I did it the right way...makes me mad!

chico23
get your pirate name!!!

Mine is Iron Jack Read. How lame.

http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php

hobbitgirl11
Do you know where you go to see the trailer ads that they play on tv? I can't find them anywhere. Thsnks for anything that you can help me with. Pirates rock.
-Hobbit

buffymitch
What do you mean captain rex Disney made 2 toy story movies. Those are scary. I mean talking toys???
The pirates of the carriebean does look coool but i really hate Johnny Depp. I just don't like him.

Max Power
I am Iron Sam Read. Arrrr!

glad to hear the movie is PG-13. I think it's going to be pretty action packed. I'm putting my money on this one opening at #1 big time. Can't wait to see it myself.

edwinian
I would check out Yahoo...they have lots of the trailers over there. Same with IMDB. Although I don't know how recent they are, but I would try there.

And let us know if you find anything sweet and spectacular b/c the spots on TV as of late have been absolutley amazing for sure.

edwinian
Have you read any of the reviews for this game..seen any of the screen shots that are out and about right now? They are all pretty good and the pictures show the graphics to be unbelievable looking. Very nice!

Thomas H
Havent seen any reviews...have anyone seen any for the movie...??

hobbitgirl11
Thanks Edwinian. I found some great clips and everything from E-Blooming.net and orlandomultimedia.cjb.net is the best.

Max Power
Thomas,

AICN has several reviews up, mostly positive. The basic idea is that this is a very fun, summer popcorn movie and apparently Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush have a blast with their characters.

Counting down to July 9...

Thomas H
hey max..can you give me the entire adress???!?!

Max Power
Thomas,

here it is:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15535

that's the most recent that I saw but I think there are at least 2 others. I'm glad this movie is getting good reviews. I know I'd probably see it either way but I feel much better when other people praise it. smile

chica16
hmmmm if ORLANDO BLOOM'S IN IT, IT'S GONNA BE GOOOOOOOOOD

Max Power
lol... well yeah. You know if Orlando is in a movie there will be a core audience of (very happy) females following.

But this movie is going to kick ass either way.

Thomas H what did you think of the reviews?

Thomas H
going to read them now...thanks for the adress dude!!smile
give you an answer fast!

Thomas H
cool, now im waiting to read the reviwes from the reel critics...that is what I am really exited about...thanks again for the adress max!

Thomas H
this movie has actually a 8.4 rating over at www.imdb.com!!big grinbig grinbig grin:

Max Power
no problem Thomas.

8.4 on IMDB? Thats pretty good. I think this movie is going to be so freaking huge. Even my mom wants to see it.

They already had the premiere at Disneyland... now only a few more days until the regular schmoes get to see it!!!

edwinian
Schinikees....thats awesome. I am not surpirsed though at all..the star power, the producer, the director, the reviews, the trailers, the sword fights, the effects..I mean it seems as though everything is pretty top notch. Looking forward to seeing what the critics have to say- not b/c I need to know if it is good- but because I just hink its intereting to see what they will have to say...

Thomas H
it has went down now from 9.3 to 7.3 but still that is GREAT,,,cant wait to see this movie....only 7 days left, and the pirates will hit the waters!!!!!!

finti
and...............

Thomas H
and finti shot himself...big grin

KidRock
Ya best start beliving in ghost stories.....Your in one!!!

ilvorlandobloom
omg i cant wait till i get to see this movie! only 7 days left!big grin its gonna be so awsome! yay i cant wait! big grin rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance happy love pirate yes
orlando bloom is so frickin hot! Happy Dance
oooohhhhhh...just look at this pic! omg... love

TweedleDuh
Whoa.... You are a saint... thank you for the picture... up awake! i'm up! WOO cant wait for this movie

ilvorlandobloom
hehe, your welcome! wink big grin
Happy Dance

Thomas H
do you know the meaning of pain??

try wearing a corset...

hehe..love that quote!

mina.harker
i hate keira knightly. how come she gets orlando? i want him. soooooo much. grrrrrrr. great picture btw! thats added to my huuuge collection

Thomas H
hehe...keira is lovley!!

PeekaReet
Oooooh..i can't wait to see this movie. My friends are all pre-ordering there tickets. It should be awsome. ....Does anyone else think that girl looks like Natalie Portman? Didn't she play the body gaurd lady in Episode 1?

shadow_angel
I can't wait to see this either!!! I think because of this movie,I'm going to adore Johny D. a LOT more, hehe wink
And I think I have suddenly produced a fetish for pirates, haha! pirate

PeekaReet
I know! I've always had a fetish for roguish men... wink

shadow_angel
Hehe big grin

Thomas H
ohhh my god, cna we please consentrate on the dam movie...?

Thomas H
there has been posted about 10 user comments on imdb.com and all are positive..this is looking good!

Julie
I wanna see it........I will on Thurs, but that's not opening day I don't think

edwinian
Also starting to see some positive reviews...

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/film_review.asp?ID=727

I really can't wait to see this and hope that I can go on opening night...

Max Power
nope Julie. Opening night is tomorrow (Wednesday!) and I'm pumped. I hope I can make it to one of the showings tomorrow. Movies like these are much more fun in a packed theater.

chica16
Orlando Bloom.... that's all I need to say

Max Power
got tickets for later tonight! I'm pumped. I've heard nothing but good things about this movie.

redfunk89
this movie looks awesome i cant wait to see it!!!

Thomas H
well, the movie opend today, with great numbers...14 million...that 1 more than T3 manged...the opening day!!

chica16
I LOVED THIS MOVIE.. it was hilarious!!!!

DeepThought
Depp owned smile I love how he enters the harbor pirate

TweedleDuh
Hey ya'll.... saw POC last night and... WOW... Its the best one i've seen in a LONG time... Good job! i'd actually pay 9 bucks to see it again soon!

ilvorlandobloom
omg i just saw it yesterday!! it was so great!!! orli did such a good job! hes the best actor ever!! and jonnhy depp was really awsome! i loved the movie soooo much! im gonna see it again tomorrow or the next day!

chica16
this is a movie i'll definetely own on dvd

LilySatine
Have seen it twice already and will be going for a third time tomorrow! big grin
One word...amazing! Not only because Orlando Bloom was in it (though I'm not complaining there) but the entire film was well planned out and the cast was a choice made from heaven. Johnny Depp's character was quite funny and played perfectly. Orlando Bloom...well what can I say.
As I ended up sitting front row center, paying attention was quite difficult. The special effects were very well done though.
The 'walking on the ocean floor' scene was neat. I also liked the fight scene between Depp and..oh heck I forgotten his name already. Ohh Rush! Good scene. The humour was awsum! Couldn't stop laughing with/at Depp the entire time. wink
Overall, it was as I said, amazing! Looking forward to seeing it again. pirate love

Mithrandir
depp truly grasped what it means to be a comic actor. he was hilarious. bloom was ok, depp was amazing

Mithrandir
rush put on a great show as well

undomiel
I thought that the movie was really good
of course orlando bloom was really hot!
and Johnny depp was really funny and good
and Keira Knightly did good too
shes sooo lucky she gets to kiss orlando bloom!

ChinaNiki
I saw it tonight and it was fabulous.
I loved that Keira Knightly didn't wait around the whole time for someone to rescue her. She kicked major booty!!
Johnny Depp was hilarious. I never could have imagined he could be that funny.
And, yes, Orlando Bloom was great too. cool pirate rock thumb up

Godshinto
I saw it the Day it came out I loved it and I hope that they do more with this charachter.

undomiel
ya I saw it at 10:00 in the morning the day it came out
but like no one was in the theatersmile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>