Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
The setting is the Jedi Temple.

RotS Kenobi vs Revan Revan.

ares834
Hard to tell as we really don't have any saber feats for Revan.

But he is far more powerful when it comes to the force...

Nephthys
Well Revan did struggle against the Emperor's Non-Force Sensitive guards in a saber fight.

However, I believe Nyriss at one point says that those guards could stop her from leaving so they might be pretty good I guess.

UltimateAnomaly
"I was Sith, I am Jedi, I roll scars, I endorse Genocide. I even have a purple saber. I am Revan!"

..... If only he had said that in the Flashpoint...

I'd say Saber-wise, Obi-wan. Force, Revan,

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
"I was Sith, I am Jedi, I roll scars, I endorse Genocide. I even have a purple saber. I am Revan!"

..... If only he had said that in the Flashpoint... Whatever faults Drew and TOR instilled in him, that line would instantly make him the coolest character evah.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
The setting is the Jedi Temple.

RotS Kenobi vs Revan Revan.
My friend, what were you thinking when you made this thread?

Revan will demolish Kenobi.

Well Revan did struggle against the Emperor's Non-Force Sensitive guards in a saber fight.

However, I believe Nyriss at one point says that those guards could stop her from leaving so they might be pretty good I guess.
Revan did not struggled against the Imperial Guard in a lightsaber duel. He quickly demolished one with his lightsaber duels.

Revan is actually very good with lightsaber. He did really well against the Mandalorians on Rekkiad with his skills with the lightsaber.

Besides, the Imperial Guards are formidable combatants.

SWTOR Codex entry:

The ultimate non-Force sensitive fighters in the Empire serve the Emperor and the Emperor alone. Although most citizens know them as protectors of the Sith Academy on Korriban and the sanctum of the Citadel on Dromund Kaas, the guardsmen’s mandate takes them wherever the Emperor requires. Even the Dark Council has neither control nor oversight of the guard’s activities. Clad in blood-red robes and armor, Imperial Guardsmen serve for life. Chosen for duty and initiated through deadly tests and traditions, those too old for active duty become instructors for the next generation until their skills deteriorate to the point where they are inevitably slain by a new recruit during training. Fanatic in loyalty and unmatched in martial skill, even a lone Imperial Guard is a formidable opponent capable of standing toe-to-toe with a Jedi… or a Sith, should the occasion arise.

Nephthys
Oooooh, they can take on Jedi of unspecified prowess. They must be good.

DarthTheDominat
I always got the impression that Revan's main strength in combat was his saber prowess. As given that we know that he was as powerful as a lightsider as he was as a darksider, and lightsides aren't usually as good at offensive use with the force as darksiders, it makes me think his main skill was lightsaber combat where light and dark are equal.

One of the comics also inplies that he defeated Malak with a lightsaber, and he wore the duron qel-droma robes to do so which had force power buff indicating that he was in more need of a force related buff than a lightsaber one, otherwise he might as well have just used the star forge robes which had awesome strength/dexterity stats.

UltimateAnomaly
Dexterity and Strength stuff is game mechanics, and has no bearing on what he can actually do. Otherwise regular Jedi Robes increase Obi-Wan/Anakin/Any Jedi's wisdom by +1/2/3

Lord Lucien
Anakin's Jedi robe is only +2 Wisdom, since he was never promoted to master--thus no Jedi Master Robe. Palpatine had 'Darth Sidious' Sith Robe' which granted him a +25 Damage vs. Light Side and an incredible +10 Dexterity. Had he not been wearing that when he fought Yoda, he would have lost. Luckily for him, Yoda was only wearing his standard Jedi Master Robe--it's +8 Dexterity and +3 Wisdom weren't enough.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Anakin's Jedi robe is only +2 Wisdom, since he was never promoted to master--thus no Jedi Master Robe. Palpatine had 'Darth Sidious' Sith Robe' which granted him a +25 Damage vs. Light Side and an incredible +10 Dexterity. Had he not been wearing that when he fought Yoda, he would have lost. Luckily for him, Yoda was only wearing his standard Jedi Master Robe--it's +8 Dexterity and +3 Wisdom weren't enough.

This.

A good joke.

Thanks, you made my day.

Lord Lucien
Joke?

Pwned
DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!

DarthTheDominat
Dexterity and Strength stuff is game mechanics, and has no bearing on what he can actually do. Otherwise regular Jedi Robes increase Obi-Wan/Anakin/Any Jedi's wisdom by +1/2/3

Read first paragraph of my post please.

Pwned
Originally posted by DarthTheDominat
Read first paragraph of my post please. Indicates you were seriously attempting to use the second paragraph as support for your first. "One of the comics also....." So yeah. First paragraph doesn't change anything.

DarthTheDominat
Not at all you can get rid of second paragraph and first still stands:

I always got the impression that Revan's main strength in combat was his saber prowess. As given that we know that he was as powerful as a lightsider as he was as a darksider, and lightsides aren't usually as good at offensive use with the force as darksiders, it makes me think his main skill was lightsaber combat where light and dark are equal.

So what is big problem?

UltimateAnomaly
Well... I got the impression that Communism was pretty legit, but there are some people that think otherwise. Impressions and opinions are all well and good, but it doesn't help.

Yes, Revan defeated Malak, but how does Malak stack up in saber combat, compared to others? It's hard to judge Revan's abilities because KOTOR-wise it's pretty vague, and in the Revan novel, he's strong, but he's not exactly ubergodly like most people wanted him to be.

Arhael
This is rather simple answer.
Revan casually defeated Nyriss, which causally defeated Meetra, which defeated Nihilus, which could reap starships out of mass shadows and consume planets and which stripped of the Force Traya, which apprenticed Sion, which was immortal both age wise and killing wise and fought Exar Kun's war before she was even born.
In other words Revan defeated the most powerful, which defeated other most powerful, which defeated other the most powerful, which................................................................

In comparison Kenobi struggled even with Grievous.

Revan casually stomps anyone from Chosen One era and after.
/thread

Mizukage Yoda

Why does everyone say this? The Emperor's guards while not force sensitive themselves can draw on the power of the Emperor himself. and it is stated in the novel that their powers were amplified by being so close to the Emperor.
"At the same time Meetra threw herself at the two guards standing in front of the doors to the throne room; her lightsaber materializing in her hand. Ordinary soldiers would have been chopped down before they could even draw their weapons. But the Imperial guard were not so easily felled."
Revan hardly had difficulty either. The Royal Guard didn't land a single blow.
"One of the guards battling Meetra broke off and tried to cut Revan off. The Jedi gathered himself and leapt high in the air, tucking his knees in tight to somersault over his opponents. The guard reacted to the unexpected move a fraction to slowly his electrostaff slicing through the air above his head and missing Revan only by a few centimeters. Revan landed on the ground and wheeled around to face the other man. He thrust out with the force, the impact hitting the soldier square in the chest, instead of sending him flying it only staggered him back half a step. This close to the emperor they were sworn to protect the guards were able to draw on his power to protect themselves.
Still the slight tumble gave Revan the time to draw his lightsaber and go on the offensive. He came in with a high overhand chop, an obvious feint meant to draw the defenses of his opponent upward leaving his legs exposed to a quick follow up strike. The guard recognized the familiar ploy countering it by parrying the overhand chop, and then quickly dropping it to intercept the inevitable slash at his legs. Only Revan didn't go for his legs, anticipating that his opponents defenses would go low, he kept his blade up high allowing him to end the battle with a horizontal cut across the man's throat."

And more Hype for the Imperial Guard.
"Scourge was an expert swordsman, at the academy even the instructors had been reluctant to face him in the training ring. When the Dark Side flowed through him, his blade was more than a weapon it became an extension of his will."

And one Imperial Guard deflected several of his blows. Two of them forced him to move to unorthodox tactics to gain an advantage. Until he immersed himself in the Dark Side, he couldn't beat them.
Keep in mind that Scourge was powerful enough to defeat a member fo the Dark Council; Darth Xedrix, even during the Revan novel timeframe. Granted Xedrix wasn't Nyriss level, obviously, but he was still a member of the Dark Council.

Originally posted by Arhael
This is rather simple answer.
Revan casually defeated Nyriss, which causally defeated Meetra, which defeated Nihilus, which could reap starships out of mass shadows and consume planets and which stripped of the Force Traya, which apprenticed Sion, which was immortal both age wise and killing wise and fought Exar Kun's war before she was even born.
In other words Revan defeated the most powerful, which defeated other most powerful, which defeated other the most powerful, which................................................................

In comparison Kenobi struggled even with Grievous.

Revan casually stomps anyone from Chosen One era and after.
/thread

A>B>C logic doesn't apply here.
No, just no. Revan would lose against Yoda, Palpatine, and maybe even Mace, and perhaps even Dooku. His saber feats aren't nonexistent, but they are certainly not on par with those 4.

Arhael
I completely agree with you. I was merely pointing out at stupidity with which Drew tries to make his characters look like they are far stronger, than any other.

Mizukage Yoda
I completely agree with you. I was merely pointing out at stupidity with which Drew tries to make his characters look like they are far stronger, than any other.

On that we can agree. My favorite part of that being.
Revan: The Emperor is more powerful than anyone we have ever faced Meetra. He consumed an entire planet with a force ritual.
Meetra: Wait...more powerful than Darth Nihlus who destroyed an entire planet with a word and TKed his entire fleet from the or...
Revan: ANYONE MEETRA!
Meetra: But...
Revan: This is the Revan novel, not the Revan and Meetra novel, none of your villains will even be so much as mentioned in this novel, and Darth Nihlus...well Obsidian shouldn't have made him so strong, cuz now we have to retcon him.
Meetra: Goddamn it, what's next am I going to get owned by a Dark Council member, and die without even putting up a fight....
Revan: ....
Meetra: Oh come on, next thing you'll tell me I'll be a force ghost protecting your genocidal ass for three hundred years. Happy Dance

DarthTheDominat
Well... I got the impression that Communism was pretty legit, but there are some people that think otherwise. Impressions and opinions are all well and good, but it doesn't help.

Yes, Revan defeated Malak, but how does Malak stack up in saber combat, compared to others? It's hard to judge Revan's abilities because KOTOR-wise it's pretty vague, and in the Revan novel, he's strong, but he's not exactly ubergodly like most people wanted him to be.

Malak states that with the powers of the Star Forge Revan would have been invincible. Malak is given powers of SF. using simple math we can form the following equations:

Revan > Malak + SF
Revan + SF = ~

SF < Revan - Malak
SF = ~ - Revan

~-Revan < Revan - Malak

2.Revan = ~ + Malak

Or you can express it in terms of order of magnitude which is:

Malak < Malak + SF < Revan < Revan + SF = ~

So what Revan needs to become invincible, he beat Malak when he had it without it himself. Meaning SF is veyr large quantity and it is extremely impressive that revan beat Malak with this.

DarthTheDominat
Revan = ~ - SF
Revan = ~ - Revan + Malak + x
2.Revan = Malak + x + ~
Revan = Malak/2 + x/2 + ~/2

So he is "halfway to infinity" with half the power of malak and half the power or his victory over him, which makes him very deadly combatant.

DarthTheDominat
Revan - Malak > SF

2.Revan - Malak - x = ~

DarthTheDominat
Bear with me I am trying to form equation to represent Revan just in terms of ~.

UltimateAnomaly
Invincible compared to who? Stop trying to make up equations based on what was said by Malak. Did Malak know the full capabilities of Vitiate, or did he know about Nihilus and his planet busting powers?

Im sorry but this has simply become rather tiring. Making equations based on what people have said, and then assuming that due to your 'math skills' that Revan is a deadly fighter?

DarthTheDominat
There's also the fact that Revan became a member of the family of the Ones on Mortis. Only the most powerful of Force Users were given that privilege.

Pwned
Wtf? Where are people getting this, "Such and such became one of the Ones on Morits!" thing? And its always their favorite character and just so happens to support their argument or some such nonsense. Seriously people, there were 3. No more, no less. One to make the sandwiches, another to eat them, the final to envy. (Meaning the Son makes them, the Daughter eats them, and the Father envies them because he can't due to them having to high of cholesterol for him)

I mean really, first Ray, "Lul Qui-Gon became a member of the Ones lulz!"
Now you, "Lul Revan became a member of the Ones lulz!"

DarthTheDominat
It has been confirmed in the source material that the family of Ones were made up of both the original family that had spread through inbreeding, as well as those that became honorary members in death. Confirmed members are The Father, The Mother, The Don, The Daughter, and Abeloth, but there was also honorary members like Qui-Gon Jinn, Bane and Revan. We didn't send up seeing Bane and Revan on Mortis because the producers didn't have time to write them into the show but they have confirmed that their spirits did reside on Mortis.

Nephthys

This is the absolute truth. Can you believe that he actually tries to suggest that Revan is more powerful than Nihilus? It's laughable. Luckily I was able to come up with a defense which renders Meetra's comparison invalid.

Lord Lucien
Confirmed members are The Father, The Mother, The Don, The Daughter, and Abeloth They'll offer your powAH you can't refuse.

Mizukage Yoda
This is the absolute truth. Can you believe that he actually tries to suggest that Revan is more powerful than Nihilus? It's laughable. Luckily I was able to come up with a defense which renders Meetra's comparison invalid.

He does more than suggest, he does the closest thing he can do without outright saying it.
Luckily, Nihlus didn't really 'command the force' his own hunger and thus the Dark Side of the Force itself 'commanded him'. Also Drew throws out Traya's suggestion that the Exile is the most powerful student she ever trained. He should have at least made them fairly close in power. Instead the Exile is portrayed as less than half as powerful as Revan :facepalm.

Nephthys
I know right? What a hack.

Also Force Wounds feel incredibly strange through the Force, so there's no way that Meetra could have accurately gauged Nihilus' power.

Tzeentch._
Revan threads always descend into hilarity.

Pwned
It has been confirmed in the source material that the family of Ones were made up of both the original family that had spread through inbreeding, as well as those that became honorary members in death. Confirmed members are The Father, The Mother, The Don, The Daughter, and Abeloth, but there was also honorary members like Qui-Gon Jinn, Bane and Revan. We didn't send up seeing Bane and Revan on Mortis because the producers didn't have time to write them into the show but they have confirmed that their spirits did reside on Mortis. Bane has no spirit. The price of failing the Essence Transfer ritual he attempted on Zannah is that his spirit is sent to the Void forever. There is no possible chance that he could be there, or be one of them.

I can believe the Revan part, in fact now that I think about it, I think I saw mention of Revan almost appearing in the Morits episodes...... And I can believe the Qui-Gon part, they would jump at an excuse to write him in again.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Pwned
Bane has no spirit. The price of failing the Essence Transfer ritual he attempted on Zannah is that his spirit is sent to the Void forever. There is no possible chance that he could be there, or be one of them.

I can believe the Revan part, in fact now that I think about it, I think I saw mention of Revan almost appearing in the Morits episodes...... And I can believe the Qui-Gon part, they would jump at an excuse to write him in again.

Except for that little part of him that remains behind in Zannah.

Revan and Bane were going to appear onMortis but Lucas said no.

Pwned
See, thats what I always thought had happened. Was it confirmed?
big grin

Idk, I bet that when she dies the bit of Bane left joins the rest of him.

And that makes sense. Lucas hates the cool guy and the one with the mask D:

Based
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Revan threads always descend into hilarity.

Seriously these asses of writers can't give us decent fvcking feats so these debates have some basis to them.

Nephthys
Yes, in fact hilariously enough, people initially took it as meaning that it had actually been Bane who had won, not Zannah, which led to awesome speculation that Bane was actually every Sith from then on, just essence transferring all the way down to Sidious.

Drew had to clarify that it was just some bullshit about how a small part of Bane lives in Zannah and all that kumbaya crap.

Mizukage Yoda
Yes, in fact hilariously enough, people initially took it as meaning that it had actually been Bane who had won, not Zannah, which led to awesome speculation that Bane was actually every Sith from then on, just essence transferring all the way down to Sidious.

Drew had to clarify that it was just some bullshit about how a small part of Bane lives in Zannah and all that kumbaya crap.

Drew strikes again! Why do some people worship this hack?

Darth Truculent
Revan gives Obi-Wan the Chuck Norris stare and Obi falls over dead. Then Revan goes for a beer.

If we go strictly according to novelization and gameplay, the Revan takes this easily. We have seen nothing however on the big screen. So really a determination cannot be argued.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Kenobi beats him in sabers.. there should be no question about that.. but losses all out

Lucius
Uh... Revan destroys Obi-Wan with his vastly superior command of the Force, knowledge, and sheer power?

I'd call this a spite thread, except you people are serious.

juyomaster34
OK this is a joke, you guys made me laugh!!!

REAL SHORT: REVAN .... NUFF SAID laughing laughing

Nephthys
I wonder if people have reconsidered this.

I hope not. sad

Mizukage Yoda
There's also the fact that Revan became a member of the family of the Ones on Mortis. Only the most powerful of Force Users were given that privilege.

Deleted content isn't canon though as awesome as that would be.

Nephthys
And that isn't even true. Revan was going to appear as a Force Ghost on Mortis, not as a One.

Darth _Sadow1
The only way Obi-Wan would be able to win would be if he had help. Alone, Revan would destroy Obi-Wan...

Mizukage Yoda
And that isn't even true. Revan was going to appear as a Force Ghost on Mortis, not as a One.

Turn him over Neph, he's done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.