Lovecraft Battle Royal! DC's Outergods Vs Many-Angled Ones!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Don't have pics for them all, sorry, but fight takes place in a neutral realm.
The Outergods and other HP Lovecraft type monsters on DC side:

Many Sided Ones:
King of Tears
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/720825-king_of_tears_large.jpg
Koth-Shugoth
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/yoth.jpg
Syththunu
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3347/1676027-elder_1_large.jpg
M'Nagalah
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/488608-003_large.jpg
Cthulhu
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24278/429434-GreatCthulhu1_large.jpg
Daemoniacus

vs

Many Angled Ones:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1504782-behold_large.jpg

Endless Mike
DC seriously has Cthulhu?

Golgo13
Apparently. Here is the complete list of Outergods from DC's hierarchy.

Cthulhu
M'Nagalah
k'zum'uggarth
Daemoniacus
Kolkothak
Koth-Shugoth
The Undying Ones
Syththunu

From the Subtle Realms:
King of Tears

Galan007
cthulhu.

...don't recall ever seeing cthulhu in dc-- i'm just going by lovecraft's interpretation.

Horrificus
I like seeing the Lovecraft readers "ooze" out of the woodwork beneath a Gibbous Moon once in a while on this forum.

It seems like DC is way ahead of the curve when it comes to Lovecraftian characters.

IMHO, Marvel's Many Angled Ones were seriously lacking in any kind of showings or character development. And, the tainted characters from the Cancerverse were too stereotypical, mindless and silly.

The writers should have actually read some Lovecraft before trying to capitalize on his work.

Galan007
lol, just realized this is a team vs. team battle. doh

anyway, team 1 wins with ease. in the lovecraft mythos, cthulhu is no less than a multiversal entity whose only confirmed superior is azathoth. just for a rough point of comparison: the entire lovecraft totality was essentially created by azathoth throwing it up-- and he/it didn't even notice what he/it had created, as said creation was still utterly insignificant in comparison to him/it. basically, the lovecraft multiverse is to azathoth, what the dc multiverse is to the primal monitor. no shame in cthulhu being weaker than an entity of that magnitude... and in this thread cthulhu has a bunch of his minions/cronies/offspring/ripoffs backing him up-- no way they can lose.

aside from the above, the mao's were simply piss-poor entities in general... and horribly executed to boot. thumb down

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
lol, just realized this was a team vs. team battle. doh

anyway, team 1 wins with ease. in the lovecraft mythos, cthulhu is a multiversal/omniversal entity whose only confirmed superior is azathoth... and just for a rough point of comparison: the entire lovecraft realm was essentially created by azathoth throwing it up-- and he/it didn't even notice what he/it had created, as said creation was still utterly insignificant in comparison to his/its totality. no shame in cthulhu being weaker than an entity of that magnitude.

that mao's were piss-poor, imo.

What issues did the Outergods appear?

Galan007
the outergods you came up with in this thread? or the ones from the cthulhu mythos?

Golgo13
On the DC hierarchy list, it states the Outergods were in the skyfather + tier. The list above were on the list, but never heard of them other than King of Tears, Syththnu, and M'Nagalah from Swamp Thing.

Golgo13
Speaking of M'Nagalah, since you read Swamp Thing, how powerful was he? He looks a lot bigger than earth.

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
On the DC hierarchy list, it states the Outergods were in the skyfather + tier. The list above were on the list, but never heard of them other than King of Tears, Syththnu, and M'Nagalah from Swamp Thing. every one of these characters is well above a skyfather (except syth.)

the ninjak
If anyone has issue numbers of Outer Gods appearances in DC it would be greatly appreciated if they get PMed to me.
I didn't know Cthulhu was in the universe.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Horrificus
I like seeing the Lovecraft readers "ooze" out of the woodwork beneath a Gibbous Moon once in a while on this forum.

It seems like DC is way ahead of the curve when it comes to Lovecraftian characters.

IMHO, Marvel's Many Angled Ones were seriously lacking in any kind of showings or character development. And, the tainted characters from the Cancerverse were too stereotypical, mindless and silly.

The writers should have actually read some Lovecraft before trying to capitalize on his work.

Well, there is Shuma

Golgo13
If only I can contact Elrahprime again. He was the one who created the original list. These creatures are probably in an issue of Spectre or something.

Endless Mike
I remember that one of them (Koth-Shugoth) from a flashback in a Spectre comic. I think that was his only appearance.

Basically he was beating the JSA, Dr. Fate called Spectre in to help him, Spectre beat him in a few pages, and Fate was amazed/terrified by Spectre's power.

Never heard of Syththunu or Daemoniacus though.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I remember that one of them (Koth-Shugoth) from a flashback in a Spectre comic. I think that was his only appearance.

Basically he was beating the JSA, Dr. Fate called Spectre in to help him, Spectre beat him in a few pages, and Fate was amazed/terrified by Spectre's power.

Never heard of Syththunu or Daemoniacus though.

Eclipso summoned Syththunu in the last JLA arc where Eclipso gathers all the shadow beings. Supposedly Syththunu existed before the Godwave.

CortSether
Lovecraft's Cthulhu was weak as hell. A boat rammed into him and split his head open. It regenerated, but that's still some crappy durability.

Anyway, MAO ftw.

Golgo13
When was DC's Cthulhu taken down by a boat and how does MAO take down KOT? KOT cannot be killed and defeated Spectre.

CortSether
When was DC's Cthulhu taken down by a boat and how does MAO take down KOT? KOT cannot be killed and defeated Spectre.

I was speaking of Lovecraft's version of Cthulhu, not DC's. Anyway, not being able to die isn't really a factor in this battle. The MAO's can't die either.

Golgo13
Sounds like an epic monster mash. cool

the ninjak

He said Lovecraft's not DC's.

Golgo13
I got that, but if anyone of you knows what ISSUES he appeared in, that would be swell.

Ninjak?

DarkSaint85
Quite the graveyard smash.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Quite the graveyard smash.

Didn't Constantine face off against a Lovecraftian type of beast?

the ninjak
I see this as being an epic stalemate regardless.
Heck, they would probably just join forces.
Tonnes of characters have. I'll be shocked if Constantine didn't.
Thor and the FF in their recent annuals faced of against such beings.

Thor, Surfer and Galactus faced off againt the Other. Another name for Oblivion. When it showed it's true face, it was obviously inspired by Lovecraft. And I can't imagine a stronger villain.

DarkSaint85

Back in the old Swamp Thing days, yes. Though they are ten a penny in these types of stories - there was a tentacly type monster in the Fear MAchine arc as well.

Endless Mike
The Other was not Oblivion.

the ninjak
The Other was not Oblivion.

How come he called himself Oblivion? And seemed powerful enough to render the universe dead?

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/ThorAnnual-Zone020.jpg

Endless Mike
That's not The Other. The Other was that green guy with a billion eyes. The comic ended with him and Scrier agreeing to call off their fight for 500 million years because they might accidentally destroy the multiverse, which was exactly what Oblivion wanted to happen.

the ninjak
Ahhh gotcha, thanks. I thought they were the same being.

Well the Other was very much a Lovecraftian style upper level being.

basilisk
The MAO didn't quite turn out as Lovecraftian as I hoped. Haven't read the DC ones, but they kind of look more like what I would expect.

Uriel005
Originally posted by CortSether
Lovecraft's Cthulhu was weak as hell. A boat rammed into him and split his head open. It regenerated, but that's still some crappy durability.

Anyway, MAO ftw. a yacht...

the ninjak
In the Pen and Paper games Cthulhu could be killed via nuke.
And in other mediums it can be killed via low level doses of arms and magic.

But it always returned to full health later in its realm.
I always saw Cthulhu as a harbinger of the upper beings in the pantheon anyways.

Horrificus
Well, there is Shuma Right. Shuma is the only Marvel Lovecraftian with street-cred.

HueyFreeman
It depends on whether or not cthulhu gets cartman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXerR4Retw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDoFQK4Rrs

Endless Mike
Right. Shuma is the only Marvel Lovecraftian with street-cred.

He was one of the MAO you know, right?

Galan007
Originally posted by the ninjak
If anyone has issue numbers of Outer Gods appearances in DC it would be greatly appreciated if they get PMed to me.
I didn't know Cthulhu was in the universe. King of Tears= JSA All-Stars #2-6, JSA #16-20
Koth-Shugoth= Spectre v3 Annual #1
Syththunu= JLA #54-59
M'Nagalah= The All New Atom #2-6, Challengers of the Unknown #82-83. There's a few more, but those are the main ones.
Cthulhu= a shitload of comics, none of them DC.
Daemoniacus= ?. Never heard of it.

in all honesty (ie. bias aside) the mao's are powerful as hell-- more powerful than the galactus engine, in fact. they could probably beat/imprison/kill most of the creatures on the "dc" side. however, i still have a hard time imagining them defeating the king of tears or cthulhu(as long as we can use ALL of it's showings). /shrug

the ninjak
King of Tears= JSA All-Stars #2-6, JSA #16-20
Koth-Shugoth= Spectre v3 Annual #1
Syththunu= JLA #54-59
M'Nagalah= The All New Atom #2-6, Challengers of the Unknown #82-83. There's a few more, but those are the main ones.
Cthulhu= a shitload of comics, none of them DC.
Daemoniacus= ?. Never heard of it.

in all honesty (ie. bias aside) the mao's are powerful as hell-- more powerful than the galactus engine, in fact. they could probably beat/imprison/kill most of the creatures on the "dc" side. however, i still have a hard time imagining them defeating the king of tears or cthulhu(as long as we can use ALL of it's showings). /shrug

Thanks Galan. You rock.
He was one of the MAO you know, right?

Yeah LordMarvell evoked Shuma-Gorath during the kill Death ritual in Thanos Imperative.

Galan007
Thanks Galan. You rock. no problem.

Yeah LordMarvell evoked Shuma-Gorath during the kill Death ritual in Thanos Imperative. he also invoked charms/spells commonly used in cthulhu rituals as well. "ftaghn", for instance.

ares834
Originally posted by CortSether

Anyway, MAO ftw.

Yeah, Cthulhu, when restricted solely to Lovecraft's stories, is rather unimpressive. Certainly one of the lower entities on the totem pole, hell IIRC he's "merely" a priest for the Great Old Ones which are then under the Outer Gods.

Galan007
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, Cthulhu, when restricted solely to Lovecraft's stories, is rather unimpressive. Certainly one of the lower entities on the totem pole, hell IIRC he's "merely" a priest for the Great Old Ones which are then under the Outer Gods. yeah, in lovecraft lore alone, cthulhu was basically just a water demon-- impressive for the time (this was back in the 30's after all), but certainly not something to write home about by today's comic book standards. however, when the original copyright expired, and other genres began using cthulhu, he transformed into a multiversal entity, who is now one of the top dogs in the lovecraftian cosmos.

BlackZero30x
I didn't know Cthulhu was in DC comics! My question is what has brought about this sudden rise in interest in lovecraft? I have noticed it everywhere...book stores, on forums, and even facebook. People that previously had no interest are all over it now.

the ninjak
Cthulhu is the new nihilistic godfather of fiction.

Can't blame the authors of the modern day art-form in using Lovecraft's sub-genre of Cosmic Horror in their tellings.

Galan007
i really don't think cthulhu is in dc comics.

has there been a rise in the interest of the lovecraft mythos? good. it's nice to see people starting to step outside their comfort zones...

the ninjak
i really don't think cthulhu is in dc comics.

has there been a rise in the interest of the lovecraft mythos? good. it's nice to see people starting to step outside their comfort zones...

Lovecraft mythos is all over Marvel now. Fantastic Four. Thor. The Cosmic Sagas.

It's more like discomfort zones than comfort zones. Part of the reason why I always found this universe interesting in the first place.

Man's insignificance in the universe on a philosophical scale was never better represented. No wonder the comic universes are following suit.

Golgo13
This is the list I got them from. Note, that I was reading the list and searching for a bunch of these characters and Elrahprime seems to have it right so far. Not the order, but all the characters exist in the DCU. For the exception of Preacherverse.

kevdude
Hey Galan, I went over and check comicvine (lol) and it does look like from what they have seen, cthulhu has been in 3 of Batmans comic's in 2000 and 1 of Brave and the Bold. I have most of the Brave and the Bold but not the one they say he's in #32. cool

Golgo13
Originally posted by kevdude
Hey Galan, I went over and check comicvine (lol) and it does look like from what they have seen, cthulhu has been in 3 of Batmans comic's in 2000 and 1 of Brave and the Bold. I have most of the Brave and the Bold but not the one they say he's in #32. cool

Funny, because the list was made before Brave and the Bold. At least the 2000's version.

Golgo13
This might help:

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1739827.html

Seems like cthulhu wasn't at full power.

kevdude
Funny, because the list was made before Brave and the Bold. At least the 2000's version.

Yeah, I'm talking about the 3 comic's they have him in supposedly in "Batman: The Doom that Came to Gotham" in 2000.

This might help:

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1739827.html

Seems like cthulhu wasn't at full power.

Ahh I remember that comic now, I do have it somewhere in my 5 boxes, lost. Don't feel like going through it 1 by 1 right now though LOL!

lilshogun
More info on the Angled Ones
http://www.comicvine.com/the-many-angled-ones/65-57340/
This looks to be a stalemate.

Galan007
Lovecraft mythos is all over Marvel now. Fantastic Four. Thor. The Cosmic Sagas.

It's more like discomfort zones than comfort zones. Part of the reason why I always found this universe interesting in the first place.

Man's insignificance in the universe on a philosophical scale was never better represented. No wonder the comic universes are following suit. right, there's plenty of antagonistic entities inspired by cthulhu, but rarely any whole plots that relate to lovecraft's stories.

totally agree with the rest, though.

Originally posted by kevdude
Hey Galan, I went over and check comicvine (lol) and it does look like from what they have seen, cthulhu has been in 3 of Batmans comic's in 2000 and 1 of Brave and the Bold. I have most of the Brave and the Bold but not the one they say he's in #32. cool a cthulhu-esque creature appeared in 'the doom that came to gotham'. however, it was not referenced by name, and that was also an elseworlds tale-- very good read, though. a cthulhu-esque creature also appeared in 'brave and the bold' #32, but it, also, was not referenced by name, and it was pure weaksauce-- t'was destroyed by etrigan's hellfire.

i just meant that cthulhu itself hasn't appeared in dc-- ton's of dc (and marvel) characters have been blatantly influenced by cthulhu, though. not denying that.

the ninjak
Didn't Bruce Wayne in his resurrection states also come across Lovecraftian beings whilst protecting a woman recently?

Galan007
Didn't Bruce Wayne in his resurrection states also come across Lovecraftian beings whilst protecting a woman recently? you talking about the 'hyper-adapter' that darkseid released from the ancestor box as part of the omega sanction?:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12813294_c1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12813304_c5.jpg

i guess it was pretty lovecraftian... in the tentacle-sense:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12813297_c2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12813299_c3.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12813301_c4.jpg

Horrificus
Thank heavens! Now they can turn Lovecraftian mythos into cheap, commercial, fad-following crap!

Here I thought that poor Nyarlathotep was safe.

zopzop
Thank heavens! Now they can turn Lovecraftian mythos into cheap, commercial, fad-following crap!
Here I thought that poor Nyarlathotep was safe.
Nyarlathotep owned!
ZmuKwYriBVs
You were saying? cool

the ninjak
God I have to play those Persona games.

zopzop
God I have to play those Persona games.
Persona 1, 2 Innocent Sin and 2 Eternal Punishment were EPIC. Great story and lots of Lovecraft enemies and Personas thrown in the mix.

Persona 3, 3FES and 4 sucked though. sad

Endless Mike
Originally posted by zopzop
Persona 1, 2 Innocent Sin and 2 Eternal Punishment were EPIC. Great story and lots of Lovecraft enemies and Personas thrown in the mix.

Persona 3, 3FES and 4 sucked though. sad

Persona 3 was awesome mad

Horrificus
Nyarlathotep owned!
ZmuKwYriBVs
You were saying? cool That's cruel.
He was obviously just trying to get a hug.

Galan007
Nyarlathotep owned!
ZmuKwYriBVs
You were saying? cool that looks absolutely horrible. srsly

Horrificus
that looks absolutely horrible. srsly Galan, come on!

It doesn't remind you of those cool old Playstation games?

zopzop
that looks absolutely horrible. srsly
It's a classic PSOne game! mad

Galan007
doesn't make it less terrible.

i remember playing a yu-gi-oh game on my ps1 back in the day. it was god awful THEN.

Marvel_Mystic
in all honesty (ie. bias aside) the mao's are powerful as hell-- more powerful than the galactus engine, in fact.

Where was it even implied in Thanos Imperative that the MAO's called upon by Mar-Vell were more powerful than the Galactus Engine? If that's the case, wouldn't that put Shuma-Gorath (and Kthl, Yot-Soter, Nyerlathortech) comparable to or above a regular Galactus? I really don't think Shuma has ever been shown or even implied to be that powerful.

Galan007
Originally posted by Marvel_Mystic
Where was it even implied in Thanos Imperative that the MAO's called upon by Mar-Vell were more powerful than the Galactus Engine? It was outright stated:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12825840_t2.jpg

---

On another note: I just noticed that Thanos referred to the MAO's as "Chthonic Entities":
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12825841_ThanImp_3_PeterWatts_CPS_015.jpg

Talk about a blatant shout-out to Cthulhu/Lovecraft.

zopzop
It was outright stated:

---

On another note: I just noticed that Thanos referred to the MAO's as "Chthonic Entities":
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12825841_ThanImp_3_PeterWatts_CPS_015.jpg

Talk about a blatant shout-out to Cthulhu/Lovecraft.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic
stick out tongue

Galan007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonic
stick out tongue mmm

mhmm

Touche.

Marvel_Mystic
It was outright stated:

eh, that's hyperbole. I mean they all got their butts handed to them in a split second by Death, who'se roughly equal to Galactus, and the Galactus Engine was doing very well against Galactus. They'd have to be weaker than the Galactus Engine.

Galan007
eh, that's hyperbole. I mean they all got their butts handed to them in a split second by Death, who'se roughly equal to Galactus, and the Galactus Engine was doing very well against Galactus. They'd have to be weaker than the Galactus Engine. none

Marvel_Mystic
none

What? Best feat Shuma has is the Earth replica and he's been pwnd by much less (recent appearance in the Avengers comes to mind). Now we're supposed to believe he and his fellow Angled Ones are greater in power than the Galactus Engine that was holding back some Celestials and Galactus himself? And all based on one statement no less? confused

Golgo13
What? Best feat Shuma has is the Earth replica and he's been pwnd by much less (recent appearance in the Avengers comes to mind). Now we're supposed to believe he and his fellow Angled Ones are greater in power than the Galactus Engine that was holding back some Celestials and Galactus himself? And all based on one statement no less? confused

Shuma was owned by who?

Marvel_Mystic
Shuma was owned by who?

Vision w/ Spear of Destiny.

Golgo13
Vision borrowed the Spear of Destiny from DC? confused

Galan007
What? The fact that you think Galactus=Death is funny.

Additionally their tech is what gauged the power levels of the GE. Their tech then gauged the power levels of the MAOs. The MAOs were superior. That isn't hyperbole, it's fact. Furthermore, the GE was erased from existence by Death's universe-busting gesture. The MAO's were incapacitated, but not destroyed.

MAOs>GE.

Lek Kuen
eh, that's hyperbole. I mean they all got their butts handed to them in a split second by Death, who'se roughly equal to Galactus, and the Galactus Engine was doing very well against Galactus. They'd have to be weaker than the Galactus Engine.

Death and Galactus being siblings doesn't make them equals in power

Marvel_Mystic
The fact that you think Galactus=Death is funny.

Additionally their tech is what gauged the power levels of the GE. Their tech then gauged the power levels of the MAOs. The MAOs were superior. That isn't hyperbole, it's fact. Furthermore, the GE was erased from existence by Death's universe-busting gesture. The MAO's were incapacitated, but not destroyed.

MAOs>GE.

Galactus and Death have always been close to equal, more or less. The gap between them isn't that great. What's even more funny is that you think Shuma > Galactus . Based on ONE statement. I suppose Spider-Man is Reed Richards' mental equal because Reed said so himself laughing

Galan007
Galactus and Death have always been close to equal, more or less. No. Proof that Death is vastly superior to Galactus can be found in the very same story you're discrediting: Thanos Imperative.

Galactus, and 4 other Celestials, were "BARELY" able to halt the forward progression of the Galactus Engine-- much less cause any damage to it:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826730_d0.jpg

Death, on the other hand, destroyed the Galactus Engine (and that entire universe) with a gesture:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826731_d1.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826732_d2.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826733_d3.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826734_d4.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826735_d5.jpg

Death is so far beyond Galactus that it's hard to grasp, really...

Marvel_Mystic
Well even still, you avoided the second part. Just how do you justify saying that Shuma is superior to Galactus based on one statement? You think that discredits previously established Marvel continuity where Galactus's feats were superior to Shuma's?

Galan007
Just how do you justify saying that Shuma is superior to Galactus based on one statement? Recall Sise Neg's encounter with Shuma.

Regardless, there no argument to be had here. MAOs>GE. Get over it.

Endless Mike
Galactus at theoretical full power (like when he shook hands with Eternity as an equal) would be equal to Death

Marvel_Mystic
Recall Sise Neg's encounter with Shuma.

Regardless, there no argument to be had here. MAOs>GE. Get over it.

Sise-Neg's statement has nothing to do with Galactus. Hell, if he saw Galactus there he'd probably say the same thing. Cancerverse GE has feats whilst MAO's have ZERO. Therefore GE > MAO. Get over it.

Galan007
Sise-Neg's statement has nothing to do with Galactus. Hell, if he saw Galactus there he'd probably say the same thing. Cancerverse GE has feats whilst MAO's have ZERO. Therefore GE > MAO. Get over it. Originally posted by Galan007

MAOs>GE.

the ninjak
If the Inhuman/Kree's sensors registered larger and more powerful beings still to come out of the Fault then that's precisely what they are!

Galan007
If the Inhuman/Kree's sensors registered larger and more powerful beings still to come out of the Fault then that's precisely what they are! Exactly. Acting as though their tech was giving them hyperbolic readings is lulz-worthy.

Marvel_Mystic
If the Inhuman/Kree's sensors registered larger and more powerful beings still to come out of the Fault then that's precisely what they are!

"More powerful" than what exactly? "More powerful" can just mean "additional" as in "there are more enemies that are also powerful coming in" as compared to "there are more enemies that are greater in power than anything prior". Also, even if the first were true, what evidence is there that they were referring to the 4 entities that Mar-Vell summoned during the necropsy ritual?

Galan007
"More powerful" than what exactly? "More powerful" can just mean "additional" as in "there are more enemies that are also powerful coming in" as compared to "there are more enemies that are greater in power than anything prior". Also, even if the first were true, what evidence is there that they were referring to the 4 entities that Mar-Vell summoned during the necropsy ritual? http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/12826973_t2.jpg

Again: the MAOs were "more powerful" than the GE.

DarkSaint85
"More powerful" than what exactly? "More powerful" can just mean "additional" as in "there are more enemies that are also powerful coming in" as compared to "there are more enemies that are greater in power than anything prior". Also, even if the first were true, what evidence is there that they were referring to the 4 entities that Mar-Vell summoned during the necropsy ritual?

Your grammar needs work....

Plus, it wasn't just 'more powerful'. The sentence was 'larger, more POWERFUL'.

That all important comma saves the day.

Marvel_Mystic
You're just repeating the same scan that isn't proving your point. How do you know she wasn't referring to other random MAO's that were coming through off-panel? She doesn't mention the 4 entities summoned by Mar-Vell at all, and the fact that Shuma and the three others only appeared after Mar-Vell summoned them means that they couldn't have been the entities coming through the fault.

Galan007
You're just repeating the same scan that isn't proving your point. How do you know she wasn't referring to other random MAO's that were coming through off-panel? She doesn't mention the 4 entities summoned by Mar-Vell at all, and the fact that Shuma and the three others only appeared after Mar-Vell summoned them means that they couldn't have been the entities coming through the fault. You're the one who keeps bringing up Shuma-- and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why..?

The only fact I keep mentioning is that the MAOs(in general) were confirmed to be more powerful than the GE. That's all. I'm not talking about any specific MAO here.

CortSether
You're the one who keeps bringing up Shuma-- and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why..?

The only fact I keep mentioning is that the MAOs(in general) were confirmed to be more powerful than the GE. That's all. I'm not talking about any specific MAO here.
GHey.

PS: SHUMA-GORATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golgo13
Shuma vs KOT would be an epic fight.

Deadline

Shes not supposed to be, but Galactus tends to job alot.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Death and Galactus being siblings doesn't make them equals in power

the Darkone
Death and Galactus are equal in their role and importance in the universe that's it, Death and Eternity are equal in power and they are greater than your normal Galactus, but a FP Galactus absorbing TaaII now that would be a different story.

Many Angels Ones was greater than Galactus Engine, Galactus at one time was the only one left of the cosmic beings and he stalemated the GE at best, and their were more beings that was coming right behind the GE "bigger and vastly more powerful.

Marvel_Mystic
You're the one who keeps bringing up Shuma-- and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why..?

Because what other MAO has a single feat to base their power off of? Shuma is the only one that has appearances where it has done anything. If you say the MAO's in general are more powerful than the GE then you're saying Shuma is by default more powerful, and we know from its prior appearances that that isn't the case.

Galan007
Because what other MAO has a single feat to base their power off of? Shuma is the only one that has appearances where it has done anything. If you say the MAO's in general are more powerful than the GE then you're saying Shuma is by default more powerful, and we know from its prior appearances that that isn't the case. No. I am saying that the collective MAOs were more powerful than the GE-- which they were. You're the only one who keeps bringing up a single MAO.

Marvel_Mystic
No. I am saying that the collective MAOs were more powerful than the GE-- which they were. You're the only one who keeps bringing up a single MAO.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

the Darkone

MAOs>GE.

thumb up

the ninjak
MAO>GE.....deal with it!

Galactus Engine was nothing more than a sacrificial battering ram.
Heck even the Annihilation Wave captured Galactus and turned him into a crappy one.
So MAOs >>> Annihilation Wave.
MAOs>>>>>Galactus
Galactus Engine is nothing more than a zombified armored version of Galactus.

Marvel_Mystic
Galactus Engine > Galactus > MAOs.

Deal with it.

the Darkone
MAO>> GE=Normal Galactus

That's fact, based on panel statement

Marvel_Mystic
Originally posted by the Darkone
MAO>> GE=Normal Galactus

That's fact, based on panel statement

Statement =/= Feat

WhiteWitchKing
Galactus Engine > Galactus > MAOs.

Deal with it.

Who removed Death in the Cancerverse?
- MAOs

Who killed Galactus and turned him into the Galactus Engine?
- MAOs

Who crippled the MAOs and destroyed the Galactus Engine?
- Death

Death >= MAOs > Galactus Engine > Galactus + Celestials

What's this b.s. about the MAOs not having feats?
- Removed Death
- replaced the abstracts
- killed Galactus & remade him
- enslaved an entire universe successfully. Thanos needed the IG to do that. Who else accomplished that?

Shuma Gorath - one of the MAOs, enslaved Nightmare. Had a host of demons at his servitude, including Sligguth, an Elder Gods spawn, and a living planet. It's not like SG was directly responsible for killing the Ancient One...oh wait.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/91051/1761837-thanimp_3_006_super.jpg

Cogito
Heck even the Annihilation Wave captured Galactus and turned him into a crappy one.
So MAOs >>> Annihilation Wave.
MAOs>>>>>Galactus
Galactus Engine is nothing more than a zombified armored version of Galactus.

You're saying the Annihilation Wave was greater than Galactus? That's crap. As soon as he was free he shitstomped the wave. He was only captured because of T+A & Thanos

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
- MAOs

- MAOs

- Death

Was I the only one who had the Shaft theme song in my head?

Galan007
- MAOs

- MAOs

- Death

- Removed Death
- replaced the abstracts
- enslaved an entire universe successfully. Thanos needed the IG to do that. Who else accomplished that?

Shuma Gorath - one of the MAOs, enslaved Nightmare. Had a host of demons at his servitude, including Sligguth, an Elder Gods spawn, and a living planet. It's not like SG was directly responsible for killing the Ancient One...oh wait. thumb up

Originally posted by Cogito
He was only captured because of T+A & Thanos ...Who were part of the A-Wave. stick out tongue

Horrificus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Was I the only one who had the Shaft theme song in my head? Oh Man! THAT was nice.

A kindred spirit.

Cogito
thumb up

...Who were part of the A-Wave. stick out tongue

Eh, sort of...

Certainly none of the three gave a shit about Annihilus

Horrificus
- MAOsAll we have are statements and vague stories. We have no idea if this was done through all-out battle, battle between Death and one single, most powerful MAO, or some silly spell meant for Death alone, etc.

Again, we have no idea HOW this happened.

This was not done through battle, or by Death intentionally making it happen. The story seems to show that the mere presence of Death, brought about death. (notice the small "d"wink This be be explained in a way where Death is more like a contagion to the MAO and their work.

Again, we have no idea what happened, or how, or by whom?

The statements that were made are FAR from "usable feats".

This is the only MAO that is usable in any solid sense.

But, even by using Shuma, it does not allow for a blanket statement to be made on the effectiveness and powers of all the other MAO's.

They are simply a scary story.

They got their collective butts beat. They couldn't even successfully invade the 616.

If they were so powerful, why didn't they just barge on into the 616 and kick a$$.

If Death was so powerful in comparison to the MAO, she simply should have been able to obliterate the invasion where it originated from, enter the Cancerverse and do the same.

I can punch holes in this all day long. And, I think I have, in other threads. But, I'm tired.

MAO's Fail.

the Darkone
- MAOs

- MAOs

- Death

- Removed Death
- replaced the abstracts

Shuma Gorath - one of the MAOs, enslaved Nightmare. Had a host of demons at his servitude, including Sligguth, an Elder Gods spawn, and a living planet. It's not like SG was directly responsible for killing the Ancient One...oh wait.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/91051/1761837-thanimp_3_006_super.jpg

thumb up

Marvel_Mystic
All we have are statements and vague stories. We have no idea if this was done through all-out battle, battle between Death and one single, most powerful MAO, or some silly spell meant for Death alone, etc.

Again, we have no idea HOW this happened.

This was not done through battle, or by Death intentionally making it happen. The story seems to show that the mere presence of Death, brought about death. (notice the small "d"wink This be be explained in a way where Death is more like a contagion to the MAO and their work.

Again, we have no idea what happened, or how, or by whom?

The statements that were made are FAR from "usable feats".

This is the only MAO that is usable in any solid sense.

But, even by using Shuma, it does not allow for a blanket statement to be made on the effectiveness and powers of all the other MAO's.

They are simply a scary story.

They got their collective butts beat. They couldn't even successfully invade the 616.

If they were so powerful, why didn't they just barge on into the 616 and kick a$$.

If Death was so powerful in comparison to the MAO, she simply should have been able to obliterate the invasion where it originated from, enter the Cancerverse and do the same.

I can punch holes in this all day long. And, I think I have, in other threads. But, I'm tired.

MAO's Fail.

This guy knows what he's talking about. thumb up

the Darkone

MAOs>GE. Originally posted by Galan007
No. Proof that Death is vastly superior to Galactus can be found in the very same story you're discrediting: Thanos Imperative.

Galactus, and 4 other Celestials, were "BARELY" able to halt the forward progression of the Galactus Engine-- much less cause any damage to it:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826730_d0.jpg

Death, on the other hand, destroyed the Galactus Engine (and that entire universe) with a gesture:
http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826731_d1.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826732_d2.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826733_d3.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826734_d4.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12826735_d5.jpg

This man knows his comics, fair and unbiased which is rare especially on this site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.