Your Hero vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Here's the deal, you get to make a hero with 10 superpowers of your choosing. These powers must be of this form:

(as an example)

The regeneration of the Pre Reboot Martian Manhunter

or

The strength of WWH

or

Transmutation power of Sersi

Can you make a hero who can beat Odin? The hero's powers must be from high herald or lower (i.e., no strength of Superboy Prime)

Also, if you don't pick, say durability of some superhero, he has the durability of a regular human.

PillarofOsiris
Durability of Classic Juggernaut
Strength of Pre Reboot Superman
Healing Factor of WWH
Energy Manipulation of Silver Surfer
Shields of Pre Reboot Hal Jordan

Telepathy of Martian Manhunter
Speed of Pre Reboot Wally West
Magic of Zatanna
Godblast of Thor (Does that count?)
Transmutaton of Sersi

I think that hero would have a DECENT chance at a win if they didn't hold back. He/she would definitely be a trans character minimum.

cdtm
Power of Black Alice.

The end.

pym-ftw
Scientific Prowess of Dr Nemesis
+
Mathematic ability of Artemis Cho
+
Speed of Northstar
+
Size changing of Dr. Hank Pym
+
Absorbing man's absorbing abilities
+
Sight of Heimdall
+
Tp of True Legion
+
Magic knowledge of Loki
+
The fashion sence of golden age sandman
+
Sex appeal of Hercules

Blair Wind
Originally posted by cdtm
Power of Black Alice.

The end.

thumb up

Galan007
i'll use the same power grid used in marvel handbooks...

intelligence: lord havok
strength: superboy prime
speed: zoom
durability: lobo
energy projection: monarch
fighting skills: karate kid

keiththegreat
Originally posted by keiththegreat

The hero's powers must be from high herald or lower (i.e., no strength of Superboy Prime)

Galan007
lol @ me.

okay, so change my strength to ultraman, and my energy projection to fate(jared stevens), then. smile

and if speed is an issue, change my pick to wally.

Black bolt z
I choose Doom.

cdtm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I choose Doom.

It's already been proven, that being as smart as Doom does not make one Doom. wink

JakeTheBank
I choose Doom.

You can be a Doombot.

Maybe.

Mindset
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You can be a Doombot.

Maybe. Don't give him false hope.

Tar-Antado
Reed's brains + a couple of hours prep.

Glorificus
How about:

Intellect of Reed Richards
Intellect and Magic of Dr. Doom
Speed of the Flash
And Lovability Aura of the Runner
Tactical strategy/persuasiveness of TAO
Omniscience/Precognition of Layla Miller

Move fast enough to give myself prep time/build an ultimate nullifier device, while my Love aura from the Runner and persuasiveness of TAO prevents Odin from going all bloodlusted and pulling a time-stop right at the bell. Layla's precognition lets me know what Odin is most likely going to do, and TAO's tactical advantage lets me adjust my strategy.

There. Didn't even need 10 powers. LOL.

DarkSaint85
I think Black Alice killed the thread lol.

Estacado
Loeb Red Hulk powaaa..

psycho gundam
I choose Doom.

Glorificus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I think Black Alice killed the thread lol.

Well it's not like Odin's ONLY ability is magic.

Black Alice has to first think to steal Odin's power -> Her power activates, and She gains Odin's magic -> She thinks to use Odin's power -> Odin's power activates

Where as Odin just needs to think "Mind rape" (or headbutt).

DarkSaint85
Lol. Then Black Alice coupled with Flash's reaction speed.

Newjak
Power of Black Alice.

The end. I figured this was gonna come up stick out tongue

Isn't a lot of Odin's powers considered divine and wouldn't be recreated by Black Alice

Or does it not matter with her?

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
I figured this was gonna come up stick out tongue

Isn't a lot of Odin's powers considered divine and wouldn't be recreated by Black Alice

Or does it not matter with her? i guess odin's powers might be considered a mixture of magical and divine energies, but yeah, it doesn't matter. alice took all of spectre's powers without even pausing-- and it doesn't get more magical/divine then that.

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
i guess odin's powers might be considered a mixture of magical and divine energies, but yeah, it doesn't matter. alice took all of spectre's powers without even pausing-- and it doesn't get more magical/divine then that. Didn't the Spectre win that fight though?

Also wasn't he basically not being backed by his divine powers at the time and was only using magic?

But yeah the Spectre is magical/divine.

JakeTheBank
At higher levels of power, the lines between magic/cosmic/divine energies get blurred. But yeah, Black Alice's gimmick would work on Odin.

Galan007
Didn't the Spectre win that fight though?

Also wasn't he basically not being backed by his divine powers at the time and was only using magic?

But yeah the Spectre is magical/divine. due to extenuating circumstances, alice willingly gave spectre back his powers. the fact still remains that she had no problems taking them in the first place.

he was still divine/magical-- he just didn't have a host. that was the only difference.

Newjak
Fair enough,

I just wondered what her limits were since she is always brought up against magical characters.

Galan007
i can't think of an instance in which she tried, and failed, to usurp a being's magical energies-- so as far as we know, she doesn't have any limitations. the fact that she took spectre's power with ease is further proof that she doesn't have a cap on her abilities. he is, after all, pretty much as powerful as a 'magical' being can be in dc (sans higher dimensional beings, of course.)

JakeTheBank
If anything, prior to the reboot, she got more powerful.

Originally, she was limited to nabbing powers from people nearby, but eventually, she was able to just jack powers from magical beings regardless of range. There were plenty of comics where Alice is using the powers of the Marvel Family or Alan Scott, and neither of them are anywhere present at al.

Galan007
yeah, you could definitely see that her powers were improving exponentially.

abhilegend
Alice used alan's power when he was in another galaxy.

Digi
If Alice can solo this, doesn't that technically invalidate the high herald limits in the OP? I realize she's baseline human and whatnot, but if she can amp on command to Skyafther+ levels, we're really not staying in the spirit of the thread.

Flash's speed.
Wolverine's everything else.

/end

Newjak
Originally posted by Digi
If Alice can solo this, doesn't that technically invalidate the high herald limits in the OP? I realize she's baseline human and whatnot, but if she can amp on command to Skyafther+ levels, we're really not staying in the spirit of the thread.

Flash's speed.

/end Probably

keiththegreat

/end

I was gonna say the same thing.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, obviously she could win if she jacks Odin's power for her own or someone like Spectre's, but if she's limited to high herald magic powers, she's getting obliterated.

Newjak
Multiple Man's well multiplying Power

Flash Wally West's Speed and Reaction

Doom Intelligence and Mystic Knowledge

Sebastian Shaw's Absorbing Power

Classic Juggernaut Durability and Force Field

Sersi's Transmutation Power

Silver Surfer's Energy Manipulation Powers

Black Knight's Ebony Blade

I don't know if this person can win but at the very least I think they may have a fighting chance as long as Odin doesn't just think them out of existence stick out tongue

cdtm

Flash's speed.

/end

Dude, you took Flash's power set! Who's talking about "high herald"?. stick out tongue

The thing is, I never said Alice has to power jack Odin. wink

With her powers, she can basically jack anyone she wants. She's proven she can jack multiple mages at the same time.

Filling up the other 9 open slots just makes it unfair.

But, for the sake of argument, what if I fill the second slot with....

Duplicate Boy's power set.

Restricted to "high herald leveler" power sets, of course. Which are all capable of stacking.

Newjak
Dude, you took Flash's power set! Who's talking about "high herald"?. stick out tongue

The thing is, I never said Alice has to power jack Odin. wink

With her powers, she can basically jack anyone she wants. She's proven she can jack multiple mages at the same time.

Filling up the other 9 open slots just makes it unfair.

But, for the sake of argument, what if I fill the second slot with....

Duplicate Boy's power set.

Restricted to "high herald leveler" power sets, of course. Which are all capable of stacking. You are restricted to ten Herald level powers.

Also if you use Black Alice's power to jack multiple Herald level being's powers than that makes her greater than Herald Level by default because that her singular power is giving her greater than high herald ability.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find a group of ten herald level beings capable of taking down an Odin that isn't holding back.

cdtm
You are restricted to ten Herald level powers.

Also if you use Black Alice's power to jack multiple Herald level being's powers than that makes her greater than Herald Level by default because that her singular power is giving her greater than high herald ability.

Technically, a lot of high herald levelers can perform beyond high herald level, though.

Thor being a prominent example. His hammer can hurt characters above the high herald tier, yet he's considered a high herald level character.

Than, there's Hal "Krona Busting" Jordan.

Pointing that out, mainly because there's a character who's not Black Alice or Duplicate Boy who I think would be perfect in a ten man team, but he channels the power of The Presence.. He's resisted and returned divine energy in battle with Spectre. Yet, he also got taken down by common debris, when Spectre decides to use the battlefield against him...

So, would he be viable here?

Newjak
Technically, a lot of high herald levelers can perform beyond high herald level, though.

Thor being a prominent example. His hammer can hurt characters above the high herald tier, yet he's considered a high herald level character.

Than, there's Hal "Krona Busting" Jordan.

Pointing that out, mainly because there's a character who's not Black Alice or Duplicate Boy who I think would be perfect in a ten man team, but he channels the power of The Presence.. He's resisted and returned divine energy in battle with Spectre. Yet, he also got taken down by common debris, when Spectre decides to use the battlefield against him...

So, would he be viable here? Yeah but there is a difference in that Black Alice can Jack Magical powers of beings above High Herald which makes her above High Herald imo.

Even if all you did was restrict her to only taking powers from High Herald level characters the accumulation of that still pushes her past High herald cause she is still only using her power to get that strong.

As for the one guy you were thinking of.

Imo if you can destroy a universe but can be knocked out by a rock then you are still way above High Herald in terms of power.

I'm just using an extreme case to demonstrate that point. Ultimately it's up to the OP.

Who were you thinking of using by the way?

Digi
Since when is Flash > HH?

confused

Madrox is a good one. He pairs well with almost anything.

cdtm

Imo if you can destroy a universe but can be knocked out by a rock then you are still way above High Herald in terms of power.

Dr. Strange? He's considered high herald, isn't he? Yet taps into far higher powers.

The character I'm thinking of is in the same vein: Ramban. Created by John Ostrander, in his Spectre series. Think of him as an Israeli version of Dr. Strange, who instead of tapping into multiple higher powers, taps into THE higher power.

It lets him resist Spectres power, and perform feats of his own, but he hasn't shown the ability to destroy universes or anything like that.. I figure his power would at least let him resist Odins magic, and distract him long enough for his team to work on taking him down..

Newjak
Dr. Strange? He's considered high herald, isn't he? Yet taps into far higher powers.

The character I'm thinking of is in the same vein: Ramban. Created by John Ostrander, in his Spectre series. Think of him as an Israeli version of Dr. Strange, who instead of tapping into multiple higher powers, taps into THE higher power.

It lets him resist Spectres power, and perform feats of his own, but he hasn't shown the ability to destroy universes or anything like that.. I figure his power would at least let him resist Odins magic, and distract him long enough for his team to work on taking him down.. Actually Classic Strange which seems to be what you are describing is often described as trans level and above High Heralds.

Branlor Swift
Iron Fist

KIIIYAH!

PillarofOsiris
Since when is Flash > HH?

Since never.

byrdgang21
Iron Fist
Doom
Blaze

/thread

byrdgang21
Classic Juggernaut - durability
Flash - speed
WWH - strength
Multiple man - duplication
Classic Rulk - energy absorption
Vulcan - energy manipulation
Sentry/Void - molecular manipulation/regeneration
Hank Pym - intellect/size changing
Martian Manhunter - shape shifting/TP
Silver Surfer - power cosmic

I think this hero would have a real shot at beating Odin

Uriel005
1(2)Speed and speedforce control of Barry (not sure if this counts as two) edit: pre-reboot/flashpoint
2.The durability of Butterball
3. The strength of earth-1 silver age superman
4. The magical knowledge/capabilities of Steven Strange
5.(6-7) The will of Doom, Captain America and Batman if I can get stacking powers
6. A green lantern ring
7. The fighting skills of Karate Kid (Val)
8. Energy projection and manipulation of the silver surfer
9. Psionics of Nathan Gray (If you consider him trans then Professor Xavier/Maxima telepathy)
10. Squirrel Girls I win You Lose Power

Black Alice's power would be instawin though so I didn't include it.

abhilegend
Nemesis kid.

SamZED
Speed Spider-man
Sptreng Thing
Durability ironman
Flight Ms marvel
Energy manip Storm
Telepathy Prof X
Phasing Pryde
Optic blast Cyclops
Healing factor Wolverine

What? You dont think my character can beat Odin? Fine. Power number 10 - squirrel agility. There. Now its a stomp.

Newjak
Cap's Speeches

That's all you need, he's already verbally beaten Odin with it before that is enough for a victory in my book stick out tongue

Uriel005
Cap's Speeches

That's all you need, he's already verbally beaten Odin with it before that is enough for a victory in my book stick out tongue Steve is the son Odin dreams of having. Every time he looks down at Thor with disapoint he looks at Steve and wonders how in a better world that he could have been his son.

carver9
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Classic Juggernaut - durability
Flash - speed
WWH - strength
Multiple man - duplication
Classic Rulk - energy absorption
Vulcan - energy manipulation
Sentry/Void - molecular manipulation/regeneration
Hank Pym - intellect/size changing
Martian Manhunter - shape shifting/TP
Silver Surfer - power cosmic

I think this hero would have a real shot at beating Odin

This.

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nemesis kid.

Good one, but the argument against Black Alice probably applies here as well.

He has potential way beyond high herald.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by carver9
This.

Thanks Carver

Uriel005
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Thanks Carver personally I swap juggs for butterball durability.. the kid is literally immutable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.