Captain America (movie) vs Bane (movie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathlife
Who wins and why?

tkitna
Captain America. Too strong for Bane. Hell Batman beat up Bane when it was all said and done.

BlackZero30x
Cap is faster, stronger, and more durable.

KingD19
Pretty sure this has already been made at least once, but yeah. Cap is clearly suprehuman in everything and has a shield. No way Bane wins.

the ninjak
Cap beats his mask into his head. And thats without the shield.

BlackZero30x
lol

remember the scene in which bane catches batmans punch? It would be like that except when cap catches banes punch he crushes his hand and probably breaks his arm.

Black bolt z
Cap, easily, especially if he has his shield.

JakeTheBank
Cap, as expected, beats the shit out of him.

Based
Originally posted by KingD19
Pretty sure this has already been made at least once, but yeah. Cap is clearly suprehuman in everything and has a shield. No way Bane wins.

Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super...

KingD19
In the movies, he's basically superhuman. No way a peak human throws a man out of the ocean and onto a dock while treading water.

No way a peak human holds up a 900+lb motorcyle with at least 300 more pounds added to it because of women sitting on top.

No way a peak human nearly punches through steel.

etc..

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Based
Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super... Did you even watch the movie?

Cap oneshots Bane.

celeyhyga17
Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super...

bahahaha...

StiltmanFTW
Yeah... that's precisely why it's called the Super Soldier Serum...

Nibedicus
Yeah, Cap would keel Bane.

BruceSkywalker
this should be in the MVF..

besides Cap wins here..

NemeBro
Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super... As in the comics, fact of the matter is that no human can achieve the feats that Captain America has physically.

And yeah, you could add every named combatant appearing in the movies to Bane's side, and Captain America would still dominate them in h2h.

Mindset
Being the pinnacle of human potential is superhuman.

Black bolt z
In the movies, he's basically superhuman. No way a peak human throws a man out of the ocean and onto a dock while treading water.

No way a peak human holds up a 900+lb motorcyle with at least 300 more pounds added to it because of women sitting on top.

etc.. erm

iceman24567
Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super... Lulz bite your tongue

Damborgson

laughing

Estacado
haermm

NemeBro
Three women.

Each weighing maybe a hundred pounds.

Therefore, they, collectively, weigh three hundred pounds.

Why did that need to be explained?

Lern2math.

JakeTheBank
lol @ BBZ

tkitna
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/179958_493875433971736_206762953_n.jpg

Yup, Caps a badazz.

SquallX
Movie Cap gets his shit caved in.

Bane was also able to break concrete. He even survived at least one kick from a Bruce that could also break a piece of concrete.

All Cap had going for him in that movie was enhance abilities, Bane would beat him through skills.

JakeTheBank
Cap was taking punches from a guy who could cave in steel. He had the strength necessary to overhead lift over 1000 pounds with ease. He was fast enough to out run cars, strong enough to freakin' leap over them in the middle of the street, and possessed the strength to easily punch through a submarine's window (which is designed to withstand insane pressures from the ocean depths) and throw a grown man up and out of the water to the pier above at least a half dozen feet. Durability speaking, his armor was enough to take a direct blast from a Chitauri weapon, which was able to make cars explode. That's without factoring in the shield in the second round.

The only argument for Bane is his inferred skill edge, but Cap's stats more than make up for that. Knowing martial arts is great, but if the guy is significantly faster, tougher, and stronger than you and is smart enough to hit you and avoid being hit, it doesn't matter.

Bane will have Captain Rogers' permission to die by the end of this fight.

ozz81
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cap was taking punches from a guy who could cave in steel. He had the strength overhead lifted over 1000 pounds with ease. He was fast enough to out run cars, strong enough to freakin' leap over them in the middle of the street, and possessed the strength to easily punch through a submarine's window (which is designed to withstand insane pressures from the ocean depths) and throw a grown man up and out of the water to the pier above at least a half dozen feet. Durability speaking, his armor was enough to take a direct blast from a Chitauri weapon, which was able to make cars explode. That's without factoring in the shield in the second round.

The only argument for Bane is his skill edge, but Cap's stats more than make up for that.

Bane will have Captain Rogers' permission to die by the end of this fight.
thumb up

pym-ftw
Originally posted by SquallX

Bane was also able to break concrete. He even survived at least one kick from a Bruce that could also break a piece of concrete.

All Cap had going for him in that movie was enhance abilities, Bane would beat him through skills.
The wrong in this post is astounding

Cap with ease lifted around 1200 pounds over his head, Bane grunted while picking up Batman

Cap was fast enough to Chase down a car, jump over a fence and out swim a submarine.

Cap also shattered the canopy of the submarine, with a single punch

I understand bias but Damn

CosmicComet
Not only was Cap on par strength wise with Red Skull who could dent his steel kite shield, but even that first kite shield was bullet proof.

NemeBro
Cap's fist > bullets.

On-screen proofs.

abhilegend
Cap beat the shit out of him.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
Three women.

Lern2math.

Thanks, I don't get how that slipped past people.

KingD19
And anybody who thinks Bane even stands a chance is dumb or deluded. His one strength feat Cap could have easily replicated, and he probably would have punched the pillar so hard it collapsed instead of knocking a chunk off.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by SquallX

Lol, wtf?

Captain America would punch Bane's head off, what's wrong with you?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, wtf?

Captain America would punch Bane's head off, what's wrong with you?

He's obviously a fan of the h1a8 school of debating, where you tak one feat and act like it proves A list skill and multi-ton strength and then claim that the person owns characters that actually have multiple high level feats.

Inhuman
Bane's leg would explode when he would try to break caps back.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by NemeBro
Three women.

Lern2math. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol @ BBZ Oh...was there 3? I was thinking 1 lady...

carver9
Originally posted by Inhuman
Bane's leg would explode when he would try to break caps back.

laughing

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Oh...was there 3? I was thinking 1 lady...

"Women" is the plural form.

Uriel005
Cap is not superhuman. He is the pinnacle of human potential but in no way Super... he was casually lifting 200+ lb bags and tearing them up... for a man of his physique thats superhuman.

ctsketch

etc..

the bench press world record is 1075 LBs and Cap is supposed to be better than the top athlete...so...yeah....

ctsketch
Originally posted by Mindset
Being the pinnacle of human potential is superhuman.

No, its peak human, super human implies being BEYOND human

Newjak
Originally posted by ctsketch
the bench press world record is 1075 LBs and Cap is supposed to be better than the top athlete...so...yeah.... Are you saying you agree with him or are trying to prove him wrong?

pym-ftw
No peak is the best shape a human can achieve, Cap is enhanced peak thus super human or the "pinnacle" of human development.

ctsketch
Originally posted by Newjak
Are you saying you agree with him or are trying to prove him wrong?

I'm saying it's within the realm of human possibility it's just that no one on earth is peak human right now, but with the formula Cap is peak human. Records are always being broken, I bet in a decade that 1075 lb record will be shattered and we WILL have a person who can achieve the motorcycle feat

Newjak
I'm saying it's within the realm of human possibility it's just that no one on earth is peak human right now, but with the formula Cap is peak human. Records are always being broken, I bet in a decade that 1075 lb record will be shattered and we WILL have a person who can achieve the motorcycle feat Peak human is identified by what the human best is by today's standards.

Also Cap's Motorcycle feats is insanely impressive.

I looked online and the best records for an overhead press lift was like 500 something.

That is them exerting their max force trying to get it above their heads for one second.

Cap did likely twice that weight with ease.

That is clearly Superhuman compared to today's standards.

ctsketch
Originally posted by Newjak
Peak human is identified by what the human best is by today's standards.

Also Cap's Motorcycle feats is insanely impressive.

I looked online and the best records for an overhead press lift was like 500 something.

That is them exerting their max force trying to get it above their heads for one second.

Cap did likely twice that weight with ease.

That is clearly Superhuman compared to today's standards.

Peak Human State

To be at the peak of human condition.
The ability to have your bodily functions at the maximum limit of human potential; meaning that your natural capabilities are near-superhuman

ctsketch
if it's within human potential it is not SUPER human. the strongest athlete around today is not peak human...he is just the strongest, peak human applies there is nowhere left to go

KingD19
Are you saying you believe that roughly 1200lbs held over ones head for not only an extended amount of time, but with both arms fully extended and locked is within the realm of human possibility? Legit question.

ctsketch
Are you saying you believe that roughly 1200lbs held over ones head for not only an extended amount of time, but with both arms fully extended and locked is within the realm of human possibility? Legit question.

first of all full locked out is the most efficient way to hold a weight firmly overhead as you are using skeletal as well as muscle, holding something in a partial press and is purely muscle. which is why snatches and jerks are done in the locked out position (same with something like rock climbing, you want your arms straight supporting your weight instead of bent to conserve energy

The current overhead press record is 500 lbs currently yes, but records are broken every year. I'm saying an absolutely perfect human being may be able to lift 1200 lbs we just haven't figured out how to achieve perfection right now. Cap achieved that perfection through a chemical.

BlackZero30x
Peak Human State

To be at the peak of human condition.
The ability to have your bodily functions at the maximum limit of human potential; meaning that your natural capabilities are near-superhuman

your definition speaks of the impossible. Therefore it is superhuman. If a single human ever reached your definition then they would be creating crazy insane feats that are far far out of human reach...

ctsketch
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
your definition speaks of the impossible. Therefore it is superhuman. If a single human ever reached your definition then they would be creating crazy insane feats that are far far out of human reach...

So you're saying being the best possible human being makes you....not human?

Silent Master
Bottom line, Cap >>> Bane.

BlackZero30x
kind of....

If someone were at peak then they would have access to every muscle fiber in their body. This would cause extreme tension on the rest of your body so your bodys durability would have to increase to the same level of insanity. That way when I picked a car up over my head I wouldn't be torn apart from the inside. You would also have to be the biggest possible muscle build while retaining the worlds greatest agility, balance, and speed....

People with big muscles could retain some athleticism but there is always a trade off.

EDITED: To fix some misspelled words

KingD19
It's simply not possible for someone to be the best at everything physically. Like there's no way a guy who benches presses 1200 lbs can run faster than Usain Bolt and swim faster than Michael Phelps and etc...

It's not humanly possible without further evolution or genetic modification to reach the pinnacle of everything like Cap. He's superhuman based on feats and definition.

deathlife
I think Joe Johnston described Captain America in the movie as the "fastest and strongest athlete in the world+25%".

I think that basically qualifies him as superhuman.

ctsketch
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
kind of....

If someone were at peak then they would have access to every muscle fiber in their body. This would cause extreme tension on the rest of your body so your bodys durability would have to increase to the same level of insanity. That way when I picked a car up over my head I wouldn't be torn apart from the inside. You would also have to be the biggest possible muscle build while retaining the worlds greatest agility, balance, and speed....

People with big muscles could retain some athleticism but there is always a trade off.

EDITED: To fix some misspelled words

Very true, being an all around athlete is hard.... I run, lift and do martial art...I don't bulk up too much because it messes with my martial arts and my running, and I am not the fastest runner because I am heavy from weight lifting :/

Mindset
No, its peak human, super human implies being BEYOND human First, you need to actually know the definition of super human.

Second, well, once you know that the rest should fall in line.

Mindset
It's simply not possible for someone to be the best at everything physically. Like there's no way a guy who benches presses 1200 lbs can run faster than Usain Bolt and swim faster than Michael Phelps and etc...

It's not humanly possible without further evolution or genetic modification to reach the pinnacle of everything like Cap. He's superhuman based on feats and definition. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.