Orion/Green Lantern(Hal) vs Firelord/Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
big grin

Harbinger
Team one. Firelord is the weak link (assuming we're talking Pre-reboot versions here).

ColossusGrundy
If we're talking DCnU, team 2... for the sake that Hal used to be on par with Supes and the like.

He's fallen off hard. (Dang you, DC)

Pre DCnU, team 1

Philosophía
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
If we're talking DCnU, team 2... for the sake that Hal used to be on par with Supes and the like.

He's fallen off hard. (Dang you, DC)

Pre DCnU, team 1 Hal wasn't on par with Superman in the old DCnU - at least not in the way that he'd be in any danger of winning the encounter without specific weakness exploitation. He was 'on par' in the same way Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman are - as in, if Superman gets serious, they're really not.

He's also the same guy that has appeared in the 'old' DC universe, since most of his history - including one shot killing Krona - has remained intact.

So no, his stock hasn't fallen at all.

guy222
t2

JakeTheBank
Team 2.

comicfan11
Team 1.

Orion has already proven he can KO Supes with a shot of Astroforce and Hal>FS (although FS has some extreme feats)

Harbinger
Firelord, not Firestorm.

abhilegend
Originally posted by comicfan11
Team 1.

Orion has already proven he can KO Supes with a shot of Astroforce and Hal>FS (although FS has some extreme feats)
Suckershot and a weaker superman. After that superman has tanked an all out orion's surprise astro force blast.

comicfan11
Originally posted by abhilegend
Suckershot and a weaker superman. After that superman has tanked an all out orion's surprise astro force blast.

Weaker how?

And Orion in DOTNG was stalemating Supes even without his Harness.

Orion is roughly equal to Supes (IMO Orion > Supes but to each his own)

And Hal>FS

So yeah team 1.

PillarofOsiris
Team 2 hard.

abhilegend
Weaker how?

And Orion in DOTNG was stalemating Supes even without his Harness.

Orion is roughly equal to Supes (IMO Orion > Supes but to each his own)

And Hal>FS

So yeah team 1.
It was a past version of superman who was getting hurt by parademons. Superman took an astro force blast to the face by a bloodlusted orion before that and was likely holding back while orion was going all out. In the same arc he took on an amped kalibak who oneshotted orion before and mantis. Superman going all out would beat orion. Hal would beat FS though.

comicfan11
I dont'd doubt that Orion vs Supes can go either way.

I just think that before Supes has any chance to put Orion down, Hal will already have KOed FS.

So Supes vs Orion and Hal loses.

abhilegend
I dont'd doubt that Orion vs Supes can go either way.

I just think that before Supes has any chance to put Orion down, Hal will already have KOed FS.

So Supes vs Orion and Hal loses.
You are underestimating Firelord. He has beaten guys like surfer before.

PillarofOsiris
FireLORD, not fireSTORM.

comicfan11
You are underestimating FS. He has oneshotted guys like black adam before.

No.
Actually I respect FS more than many other posters.
But non jobbing Hal has demolished the last version of Krona.

I can see FS pulling an upset here and there, but my point is Orion vs Supes would drag more than Hal vs FS.

And Hal + Orion >> Supes

comicfan11
LOL my bad...

In case of FL vs GL I'm not vet familiar with Kril.

I know he is a herald of Big G but not very familiar with his feats. I only remember him PIS losing to Black Suit Spidey.

abhilegend
No.
Actually I respect FS more than many other posters.
But non jobbing Hal has demolished the last version of Krona.

I can see FS pulling an upset here and there, but my point is Orion vs Supes would drag more than Hal vs FS.

And Hal + Orion >> Supes
Its firelord not firestorm. Going by high feats firelord has taken shots from Jean grey phoenix and she stated that he has the power to kill her.

comicfan11
I checked some of his feats in the respect thread.

Tough fight for GL. Could go either way.

Slight edge to team 2 due to speed.

guy222
its firelord and man of steel

they win

Batman-Prime

celeyhyga17
You are underestimating Firelord. He has beaten guys like surfer before.

Wow! From lowballin Firelord to this? What has the world come to? Oh wait, Supes is also in team 2... Nvm...

smokin'

carver9
Orion and GL high majority (mainly due to Orion).

carver9
It was a past version of superman who was getting hurt by parademons. Superman took an astro force blast to the face by a bloodlusted orion before that and was likely holding back while orion was going all out. In the same arc he took on an amped kalibak who oneshotted orion before and mantis. Superman going all out would beat orion. Hal would beat FS though.

Didn't Orion stalemate an amped Superman?

guy222
I don't follow DC big grin. T2 still for me

RangerDX
Originally posted by carver9
Orion and GL high majority (mainly due to Orion).
This. 8/10 IMO
Firelord is way out of his element here

guy222
I disagree

God Cloth Seiya
T1

guy222
T2

JBL
LOL. Funny how the thread starter ask people who would win between team 1 and team 2 and then claim team 2 wins 5 times when others pick team 1. Whats the point of this thread other than voting for team 2.

Anyway I vote for team 1 after a good fight.

God Cloth Seiya
I agree with JBL on everything he just said. I think he saids team 2 because they have a marvel character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.