Superman vs Namor (Byrne)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Byrne Superman vs Byrne Namor.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Notable feats from Byrne Namor?

Pretty sure Superman takes it anyway, though.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Notable feats from Byrne Namor?
\

Off the top of my head , some feats include:

Struggling with Lei Kung the Thunderer and needing Colleen to take over, getting his butt kicked by those tree people, before Iron Fist tore them up. Being shown up by Wolverine, getting his mind erased by a wizard....

evil face

CosmicComet
Umm?

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Umm?

Yeah I know right. Lulz.

cdtm
If anyone knows some good feats, I'm all ears.

From the stories I've read, Byrne wrote a pretty low end Namor.

If it makes a difference, use year one Byrne. Back when Superman was hurt badly by an atom bomb.

-Pr-
confused

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
confused

...that's when it happened, right?

Been some years, but I remember Superman saying something like "It's going to be a long walk", because the nuke took so much out of him.

CosmicComet
Byrne Era Superman had some great feats, even for now.

Just seems bad when you compare that he was fresh off the COIE and prior days.

Still don't understand what this thread is about?

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Byrne Era Superman had some great feats, even for now.

Just seems bad when you compare that he was fresh off the COIE and prior days.

Still don't understand what this thread is about?

O_o It's Byrne's Namor fighting Byrne's Superman.

^_^ I was going to make it Namor vs Thing, but thought "Pair up the Byrne downgrades"....

cdtm
*Cough* So, no one's an authority on Byrne Namor.....?

I figured he must have "something" high end. All I followed was the Iron Fist stories, and like I said, all he did was get beaten down....

Perhaps not my best thought out post, but it's two low end Byrne's.. Couldn't resist matching them up.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
O_o It's Byrne's Namor fighting Byrne's Superman.

^_^ I was going to make it Namor vs Thing, but thought "Pair up the Byrne downgrades"....

Superman can do anything better than Namor, including moving underwater at greater speeds. This is not a contest, nor was Byrne Superman that weak. Superman could end this in one move if he so chose. I just got the feeling from looking at this thread that it was a let's shame Namor thread, and then you went and posted this...

Originally posted by cdtm
Off the top of my head , some feats include:

Struggling with Lei Kung the Thunderer and needing Colleen to take over, getting his butt kicked by those tree people, before Iron Fist tore them up. Being shown up by Wolverine, getting his mind erased by a wizard....

evil face

And I was sure that it was.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Superman can do anything better than Namor, including moving underwater at greater speeds. This is not a contest, nor was Byrne Superman that weak. Superman could end this in one move if he so chose. I just got the feeling from looking at this thread that it was a let's shame Namor thread, and then you went and posted this...

And I was sure that it was.

*Sigh*

In retrospect, I can see why you'd think that...

But it's just me jumping at a chance to compare two characters from a single writer that share a common theme (Being underwritten).. Not much more thought put into it than that. It was an impulse thread. ^_^;;;;

Was kind expecting one or two posters to say "Namor wasn't written that bad, he has such and such high end feats!" v_V;

KingD19
Apparently he was and he didn't.

lilshogun
Freeze breath FTW. Supes has too much abilities unless Namor has the Trident.

cdtm
Originally posted by lilshogun
Freeze breath FTW

Freezing came after Byrne. He wrote it more or less as a hurricane attack.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
Apparently he was and he didn't.

Looks that way.. sad

He wrote a good Darkseid, and a decent Gladiator... But no love for Namor, I guess...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.