most powerful sorcerer/wizard/mage of all characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
Who are the most powerful (top 5) wizards/sorcerers/mages of all characters in all literature (comic books, anime, manga, tv shows etc etc)?

Galan007
Black Alice.

This thread can be closed now.

tests
why is this thread being closed?

Galan007
It's not.

Humor is your friend. smile

tests
Originally posted by Galan007
It's not.

Humor is your friend. smile

so i just read a little about black alice (never heard about her before). She seems to have the ability to mimick anyones abilities (Even extremely powerful beings).

Is that why she is the most powerful? Does she have other things (Artifacts, unique knowledge etc etc) that makes her powerful?

Golgo13
Black Alice
Mordru
Dr. Fate
Dr. Strange.

In that order.

Galan007
Originally posted by tests
so i just read a little about black alice (never heard about her before). She seems to have the ability to mimick anyones abilities (Even extremely powerful beings).

Is that why she is the most powerful? Does she have other things (Artifacts, unique knowledge etc etc) that makes her powerful? Alice can steal the powers of ANY magic user she chooses, no matter how powerful they are-- this includes characters like Phantom Stranger, Spectre, and Thunderbolt(a 5th dimensional being) to name a few. She literally becomes the character she steals power from, thus she gains all of their knowledge as well. If a particular magic user commonly employs artifacts, she also gains those artifacts when she dupes their abilities. Imho, she is the most haxxed/dues ex machina'd magical being in comics.

Here's a respect thread that has pretty much all of her feats:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t568647.html

Golgo13
^^ Actually, there is one more OBSCURE mage that could be even more haxxed than Alice. I forgot his name, but he was in a Shadowpact issue and he has the power to NEGATE any magical power.

I think it was Blue Devil joked and said, "where was this guy when Spectre was on a rampage". Or something to that. He was all white.

Galan007
Hm, doesn't sound familiar-- I'll have to look into him. Regardless, Spectre possessed the ability to turn off/negate magical powers as well(he did this to Cap. Marvel, for instance.) That didn't stop Alice from stealing his powers. /shrug

Remember, Alice doesn't copy magical power. She steals it from the host. ALL OF IT. ie. if she becomes Zatanna, Zatanna herself becomes powerless while Alice is in possession of her powers... Alice would render the mage you mentioned completely powerless with a thought.

Golgo13
Hm, doesn't sound familiar-- I'll have to look into him. Regardless, Spectre possessed the ability to turn off/negate magical powers as well(he did this to Cap. Marvel, for instance.) That didn't stop Alice from stealing his powers. /shrug

Remember, Alice doesn't copy magical power. She steals it from the host. ALL OF IT. ie. if she becomes Zatanna, Zatanna herself becomes powerless while Alice is in possession of her powers... Alice would render the mage you mentioned completely powerless with a thought.

It's in Shadowpact 3, 4, or 5. It's a magical prison the mage was in charge of, because he can negate all magic.

Lek Kuen
Do people like dormammu count as mages? Because that makes a pretty big difference in what all the list would count. Not naming him per say but wondering if demons, gods, genies etc count as mages if they accomplish things through magic.

tests
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Do people like dormammu count as mages? Because that makes a pretty big difference in what all the list would count. Not naming him per say but wondering if demons, gods, genies etc count as mages if they accomplish things through magic.
hmm, good question.

I guess we can organize the lists to deities/gods and then the rest in the same tier.

Endless Mike
Sise-Neg
Dr. Strangefate

tests
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Sise-Neg
Dr. Strangefate

dr.strangefate? Is that an amalgalm of fate and strange? Does he have his own comic series?

tests
BTW guys, this isn't only confined to comic books!

Galan007
Originally posted by Golgo13
It's in Shadowpact 3, 4, or 5. It's a magical prison the mage was in charge of, because he can negate all magic. Just checked those issues. Not there.

Galan007
Is that an amalgalm of fate and strange?

Does he have his own comic series? Yes.

He was in a few issues of Amalgam Comics-- DC's short-lived merger with Marvel.

Lek Kuen
BTW guys, this isn't only confined to comic books!

I'm pretty sure their just naming comics because it's what they're most familiar with plus easier. There are millions of mages in fiction around the world everyones just naming it to the few hundred or thousand in comics since it's a comic book and what most people know off hand.

Golgo13
Just checked those issues. Not there.

Found it! I think he was in issue 3. Anyway, his name is Lord Coldrake.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9241/486187-000_large.jpg

Galan007
Oh that guy? I must have skimmed through that issue so quickly that I overlooked the 2 pages he appeared in.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12845091_c1.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t/12845097_c2.jpg

Seriously, that right there is ALL of his comic book appearances. 2 pages in a single issue-- and his power was only commented on. He has absolutely no feats to his name. Regardless, he doesn't have the ability to negate magic, per se-- he has the ability to "dampen"(ie. weaken) magic to some degree. His powers are uber in theory, but we have no idea what he can actually do... And we never will.

Alice remains the most haxxed magic user in comics.

Astner
What about Merlin, the omniversal guardian?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.