who is the best superhero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8swords
1. by means of feats
2. by their character
3. costume

JakeTheBank
Captain America.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by 8swords
1. by means of feats
2. by their character
3. costume

1. From what little I know of her, Black Alice, who can apparently become anyone who uses, receives, or has the ability to manipulate, magical energy, however that is defined in DCU, up to and including the Spectre, who is more powerful than any of the heroes people traditionally name in this type of thread.

2. My reflexive answer at the moment is Spider-man. Very few heroes have been, historically, so comparatively vulnerable, so much yearning to live a better life, yet so willing to lay it all on the line to preserve the lives of others.

3. Spider-man. He became my favorite almost from the moment I saw his Secret Wars Action Figure on TV as a little kid.

pym-ftw
Adam Warlock

Spiderman or Ben Grimm

Pym's multiple personas

abhilegend
Superman

carver9
Captain America and Superman

Branlor Swift
Iron Fist

Stoic
1. by means of feats - Superman/Thor tie
2. by their character - Hulk/Lobo tie
3. costume - Nova Prime/Lobo tie

8swords
Originally posted by Stoic
1. by means of feats - Superman/Thor tie
2. by their character - Hulk/Lobo tie
3. costume - Nova Prime/Lobo tie

i did say superhero right? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Endless Mike
1. Solar
2. Guy Gardner
3. Spawn

pym-ftw
I already gave the correct answer to 1 and 2

3 is personal opinion so it can be argued

Lol

janus77
1. Hulk/Surfer
2. Surfer
3. Surfer/IronMan/Savage Hulk w/purple pants

The Sorrow
1. Squirrel Girl or Cap
2. Bruce Banner
3. Always thought Gladiator looked cool. Majestic too.

janus77
I thought #2 was an assessment of their character in regards to being a superhero, not just in general.

If that's the case, then I'd change my choice for #2 to Banner (during FOTH)... pawning Doom twice and outthinking Reed on multiple occasions is a character trait.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by janus77
I thought #2 was an assessment of their character in regards to being a superhero, not just in general.

If that's the case, then I'd change my choice for #2 to Banner (during FOTH)... pawning Doom twice and outthinking Reed on multiple occasions is a character trait.
Oh, maybe I interpreted it wrong. I didn't judge based on character in regards to being a superhero because you can't really top Supes or Spidey imo, so I assumed it was simply depth of character *shrug*

JakeTheBank
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/cap01.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/kazekage/junk/Thanos-4.jpg

bluewaterrider
Cap is pretty impressive, but, in the scene you're showing with Thanos, he doesn't really think he's going to die -- the heroes actually have a plan in mind, and that's just part of a ruse.

No doubt Cap would be willing to lay his life on the line just as he says, but, it nearly always strikes me that he, and most other superheroes, get to take a slightly easier route than Spidey, who actually IS in danger of being beaten to death in many cases, and nearly always facing the odds alone. Cap has the Avengers, Superman has the Justice League.
Spider-man, for the most part, does not HAVE the reassurance of allies when he risks his life, it is him alone, only his own skill and resourcefulness and determination, and more than a little bit of luck promising to see him through to another day...

Estacado
Spawn.

bluewaterrider
Spider-man has motivations that people can understand and relate to.
Truth, justice, and the American Way? How many people TRULY understand what those concepts mean nowadays?

Yet nearly everyone can understand a feeling of responsibility to do what you can,
nearly everyone can understand concern for friends and family,
nearly everyone can understand an innate desire to preserve life and help those in need, regardless of circumstances ...

Image 1 of 8.

bluewaterrider
Image 2 of 8.

bluewaterrider
Image 3 of 8.

bluewaterrider
Briefest of notes, though it should be apparent, Spider-man, left in a terribly stressed physical state, pounded so hard he suffers from loss of memory and dizziness, nevertheless goes on patrol seeking to aid a college friend. This being a comic, of course this coincides with a team being sent after Spider-man, who did not enjoy full support for his vigilante-ism with the Law in contrast to, say, the Justice League, said team being semi-disguised members of the X-men. Spidey being weakened and disoriented and confused, and the group wrongly sent after him and this again being a comic and all, the predictable happens, though setting up for a resolution I still find fairly remarkable for its execution ...

bluewaterrider
Image 5 of 8.

bluewaterrider
Image 6 of 8.

bluewaterrider
Image 7 of 8.

One of my favorite scenes in comicdom, perfectly capturing the innate respect Peter has for preserving life, even if it is an opponent's, and that even though his own safety and well-being may be forfeit by that decision.

(webcatching Jean Grey)

bluewaterrider
Image 8 of 8.

Still love this showing.
Even UNCONSCIOUS he still somehow maintains a grip that would have saved Jean's life had she truly had no other options.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Amazing Spider-man #282, Volume 1
Writer: Tom DeFalco
Penciller: Rick Leonardi
Date: November 1986
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_282

keiththegreat
Superman is the penultimate superhero. Did anyone else read the new 52 when Lois was eulogizing Clark and was talking about how he not only gives money to homeless people but also knows all their names?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by 8swords
1. by means of feats
2. by their character
3. costume

My Dad.

PillarofOsiris
That was a great eulogy:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U_TKPyCSKac/T9DJao7NvhI/AAAAAAAAP9U/TMIBaSaau2I/s1600/action+com+10+bu-02.jpg

Cogito
1) Superman (I assume this is not literally the highest feat achieved by a superhero, but rather who saves the day the most/when it matters most)
2) Superman (DC) / Captain America (Marvel), and it isn't even close.
3) Batman

Sin I AM
Anybody here have scans of earth x

Juntai
Originally posted by Cogito
1) Superman
2) Superman
3) Batman

BlackZero30x
The Flash.

red sabre
1.Captain america / GA SBP
2.Captain america / GA SBP
3. Captain america / GA SBP

CosmicComet
1. Superman
2. Steve Rogers/Superman
3. Steve Rogers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.