John McClane vs Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Reverse scenario of the other thread. McClane is placed in Batman's shoes in TDKR, and must stop Bane from destroying Gotham. Can he do it?

Pwned
Well, McClane has no method of convincing the Police to co-operate with him, he won't be able to track the bomb, nor will he be able to get it out of Gotham.

Even if he takes Bane down, the bomb takes Gotham, and McClane, out.

Lestov16
So will McClane be able to escape the desert prison?

Sadako of Girth
"Holy Butthurt, Batman..!!!

Another grudge thread...!!!!!!"

Id say so.

A crippled old man with no bionics did it after all...

Psychotron
Well, he'll effortlessly take out Bane and Talia, but the bomb will be a problem.

Pwned
Maybe. That jump is impossible to make without 3 tries and a montage. McClane doesn't do montages. Rocky could make it, but he would have to get his ass kicked first.

Mindset
Of course he can't.

Unless Samuel L Jackson is involved.

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Reverse scenario of the other thread. McClane is placed in Batman's shoes in TDKR, and must stop Bane from destroying Gotham. Can he do it?

It's official, you're the new RJ. Congrats?

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
It's official, you're the new RJ. Congrats? You were incomplete without RJ, you needed someone to replace him.

the ninjak
How would you guys see McClane lasting if he went down that sewer drain that Gordan went down close to the beginning of the film?

When Gordan was taken prisoner?

Lestov16
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
"Holy Butthurt, Batman..!!!

Another grudge thread...!!!!!!"

Id say so.

A crippled old man with no bionics did it after all...

So it's okay to place Bane in McClane's scenario but I can't place McClane in Bane's scenario? Someone's feeling the McButthurt.......

And crippled Batman>>>>>>.....McClane. It's hilarious that you think otherwise.

Sadako of Girth
Nah he wouldnt. Batman would wind up with "The Bat" up his ass.

Lestov16
Batman would kick McClane's ass even if Bane turned Bats into a paraplegic. GTFO with your McBiased downplaying

the ninjak
Batman would kick McClane's ass even if Bane turned Bats into a paraplegic. GTFO with your McBiased downplaying

Cmon we both know that isn't true.

Lestov16
Fine, maybe not, but Crippled TDKR Bats would still wail on McChump's ass

the ninjak

maybe not?

Lestov16
But unlikely. I don't see McClane being able to leap out of the desert prison, especially with a crippled leg

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh but McClane wouldn't have the crippled leg due to his badass superhuman levels of durability any injuries are only extremely temporary at best...

Sadako of Girth

Nah he was lumbering and slow and worn out compared to his old self and maybe for the film to seem plausible, he had to be so slow ass Bane would last the movie..

McClane destroys his mask, his face and his colon.

Lestov16
laughing

McBiased People Say The Darnedest Things

the ninjak
McClane would've climbed the prison walls with a prison made hammer and pegs along with that rope.

And freed all the slaves!

Lestov16
McClane would've sat there and made "witty quips"=Annoying Complaints, until a gang of other prisoners decide his McBaldhead is the most romance they'll get out of a white person in their lifetime, and they descend on him

Robtard
But unlikely. I don't see McClane being able to leap out of the desert prison, especially with a crippled leg

Moot point, as that prison scene would never happen. McClane would get duped into going down the sewer as Batman did and he'd get trapped inside the room with Bane just as Batman did.

McClane would then pull out his gun and put a bullet into Bane's head. /thread.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by the ninjak
McClane would've climbed the prison walls with a prison made hammer and pegs along with that rope.

And freed all the slaves!

This. Anything else would be the bizarre ravings of a McHateredopathic loon fool.

Lestov16
The McBias is strong in this one.....

Sadako of Girth
Nope thats just common sense.

Lestov16
...... which is completely replaced with McBias

Sadako of Girth
McHatredopath.

Psychotron
Moot point, as that prison scene would never happen. McClane would get duped into going down the sewer as Batman did and he'd get trapped inside the room with Bane just as Batman did.

McClane would then pull out his gun and put a bullet into Bane's head. /thread.

Truth.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
This. Anything else would be the bizarre ravings of a McHateredopathic loon fool.

Why any of those idiots didn't spend their decades slowly climbing those walls chiseling pegs into the wall is beyond me!

They had metal!

Christ! Someone could've climbed that wall with that television with a sharp metal pick sticking out of it straped to their backs.
slowly climbed the wall them swung that baby into the jumpstone and used it to climb over to it.
Give me two days and I'd figure out a better idea!

All you need is someone light. And lots of thrown weights on that ledge. Have the kid climb it then let the rope down!

Sadako of Girth
Yup. It was some daft plotholeness indeed.

the ninjak
Indeed. And I defy anyone say otherwise.

Lestov16
You'll get my defiance...........IN HELL!!

the ninjak
You'll get my defiance...........IN HELL!!

Yeah McClane pulls the rope up just before you get to climb up. big grin

Sadako of Girth
The return of The Bishop of Bauerballbag bathing.

Pwned

McClane would then pull out his gun and put a bullet into Bane's head. And then proceed to be shot to hell by all the armed guards surrounding the narrow catwalk he is on. /thread

Oh, and McClane still can't deal with the bomb.

Robtard
Originally posted by Pwned
And then proceed to be shot to hell by all the armed guards surrounding the narrow catwalk he is on. /thread

Oh, and McClane still can't deal with the bomb.

That is definitely a possibility after he kills Bane. Movie henchmen are notorious for quitting once their immediate leader is dead.

McClane knows how to fly a helicopter(DH4.0), so he airlifts the bomb away and sacrifices himself.

Pwned
That is definitely a possibility after he kills Bane. Movie henchmen are notorious for quitting once their immediate leader is dead.

McClane knows how to fly a helicopter(DH4.0), so he airlifts the bomb away and sacrifices himself. How does he locate the bomb? I doubt he has radiation detecting devices, and a jet got it away in time; I doubt a helicopter would be fast enough.

Not to mention he doesn't have a vehicle as fast as the Batmobile, so it will be hard for him to get it in the first place.

Robtard
Originally posted by Pwned
How does he locate the bomb? I doubt he has radiation detecting devices, and a jet got it away in time; I doubt a helicopter would be fast enough.

Not to mention he doesn't have a vehicle as fast as the Batmobile, so it will be hard for him to get it in the first place.

With Fox's help. The Bat wasn't flying all that fast as it went into the horizon, police helicopter could do the same.

There's cars all about and that transport truck that had the bomb wasn't going that fast.

Sadako of Girth
And McClane as seen in DH3, drives like lunatic fast...especially even in built up city areas...... he aims for mimes.

Pwned
With Fox's help. The Bat wasn't flying all that fast as it went into the horizon, police helicopter could do the same.

There's cars all about and that transport truck that had the bomb wasn't going that fast. The point was that McClane doesn't have a freaking tank. Remember how Batman got the bomb to stop moving? He shot the truck. (Utterly genius move, that. Shoot the truck carrying a nuclear bomb)

Bats was pushing the Bat to as fast as it could go. That was kind of the point of the scene. And I am fairly certain its faster than a Police Chopper.

Zack Fair
LoL the McClane love is funny. He earned it too

BlackZero30x
laughing

McBiased People Say The Darnedest Things

so this is meant to be a bait tread? You think bane and batman were so great and you obviously hate John McClane. I have read the 3 pages of talk on this and it seems you think McClane stands no chance what so ever. If thats the case why make this at all?

Anyways McClane ends the plan before it starts. When Catwomen leads him to bane the first time he takes a gun off the guard instead of only knocking him out and shoots bane in the face.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
so this is meant to be a bait tread? You think bane and batman were so great and you obviously hate John McClane. I have read the 3 pages of talk on this and it seems you think McClane stands no chance what so ever. If thats the case why make this at all?

Anyways McClane ends the plan before it starts. When Catwomen leads him to bane the first time he takes a gun off the guard instead of only knocking him out and shoots bane in the face.

Sage-like wisdom. yes

Yes Lestov's butthurt attempts to wage grudge war are as transparent as the stitching on a birthday suit.
He plays to the crowd in his attempts, but they can obviously see through it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.