Thor vs Humans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Iron Man
Nick Fury
Captain America
Deadshot
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Silver Sable
Elektra
Bullseye
Green Arrow
Batman
Night Wing
Robin
Amadeus Cho with Mace and Banner Tech
Red Arrow
Spymaster
Punisher
Cheshire
Dinah Drake Black Canary

vs

Thor

No BFR

Fight is in Gotham City at night. Thor has no idea who he's up against. They are hiding all around him at the start of the fight. He is standing there and they want to take him down. (once they attack, obviously he will fight back). Team is spread out. All heroes are in character and will not endanger civilians (Thor included).

Team gets a week to go over the terrain and plan strategy, but get no gear besides their standard gear.

Can the team of humans bring down Thor, the god of thunder?

ColossusGrundy
Team 1 is massive overkill.

Iron man alone is a good matchup. Black Canary gets in range of her scream and it begins to tip toward the humans.

Then firepower of GA, Hawkeye, Bullseye, and Nick Fury?

I haven't even listed half the humans and I'm already seeing a sure win.

Team 1 for massive majority.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Team 1 is massive overkill.

Iron man alone is a good matchup. Black Canary gets in range of her scream and it begins to tip toward the humans.

Then firepower of GA, Hawkeye, Bullseye, and Nick Fury?

I haven't even listed half the humans and I'm already seeing a sure win.

Team 1 for massive majority.

I don't think Dinah Drake can scream.

pym-ftw
Lol Thor he could sence there locations

its ironman and cho versus Thor

Thor STOMPS

zopzop
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lol Thor he could sence there locations

its ironman and cho versus Thor

Thor STOMPS
Didn't Cho already drop Thor by himself (happened during Chaos War)? Team definitely has a chance of winning a SLIGHT majority because of Cho (mainly) and Iron Man. Everyone else is pointless fodder.

ColossusGrundy
pointless fodder............

KO, let's write them outta comics.

Colossus-Big C
What happens when bullseye shoots an adamantium bullet at thors eyeball?

PillarofOsiris
I'm not sure if I can see Thor winning this. I think Iron Man could give Thor a good fight (remember the Thor that trashed Iron Man had the OF). As stated Cho already dropped Thor. And they get to sneak attack him! Also depends on what we're calling "standard gear" for all the archers. I also wouldn't call Captain America fodder. He can definitely keep Thor occupied for a few minutes, which might be all IM or Cho would need.

pym-ftw
Thor is well, well above bullet dodger, the cho battle is very pisy, and Thor-buster ironman ran off Uru and the OF

JakeTheBank
With PIS and jobbing, Thor can have his hands full with the team.

At anything close to maximum efficiency under his standard levels, most of these people are KOed nigh-instantly.

ColossusGrundy
Thor is well, well above bullet dodger, the cho battle is very pisy, and Thor-buster ironman ran off Uru and the OF

You've seen Thor dodge bullets? I don't mean flying by and they miss him, I mean DODGE them?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
With PIS and jobbing, Thor can have his hands full with the team.

At anything close to maximum efficiency under his standard levels, most of these people are KOed nigh-instantly.

Most yeah, but depending on how they go about it Stark and Cho together would pull of a few wins, prolly not a majority but would make a fight.

JakeTheBank
You've seen Thor dodge bullets? I don't mean flying by and they miss him, I mean DODGE them?

He's dodged a flying Mjolnir when it was cursed and didn't respond to his own commands, which shits on bullet speed.

Starscream M
He's dodged a flying Mjolnir when it was cursed and didn't respond to his own commands, which shits on bullet speed. mjolnir generally doesn't move faster than a bullet

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
mjolnir generally doesn't move faster than a bullet Based on what?

JakeTheBank
mjolnir generally doesn't move faster than a bullet

What Mindset said.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Based on what? on how its depicted in comics, movies, cartoons

when mjolnir is thrown, its trajectory is trackable by human eye...unlike a bullet

Starscream M
What Mindset said. think for yourself dood

JakeTheBank
think for yourself dood

I edited my post as I literally typed "Based on what?" right after he did.

You're wrong, btw.

Mindset
on how its depicted in comics, movies, cartoons

when mjolnir is thrown, its trajectory is trackable by human eye...unlike a bullet Bruce, when you post is there sometimes a moment where you think, " You know what, I don't want to sound retarded today, I'll not type that." ?

Starscream M

You're wrong, btw. based on?

show me evidence that thor's average mjolnir toss is bullet speed please

DarkOdin
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I'm not sure if I can see Thor winning this. I think Iron Man could give Thor a good fight (remember the Thor that trashed Iron Man had the OF). As stated Cho already dropped Thor. And they get to sneak attack him! Also depends on what we're calling "standard gear" for all the archers. I also wouldn't call Captain America fodder. He can definitely keep Thor occupied for a few minutes, which might be all IM or Cho would need. CHo at the time had Hercules powers, and Iron man couldn't take out the worthy without an ungrade meanwhile w eaken Thor took out 2 for them

Mindset
based on?

show me evidence that thor's average mjolnir toss is bullet speed please I'll take that as a "no".

JakeTheBank
based on?

show me evidence that thor's average mjolnir toss is bullet speed please

Based on how much ground it covers, the illustration artists use, the people it's been able to tag, common sense, etc.

Thor being able to dodge a speeding Mjolnir who was flying right for the back of his head and not obeying his commands is easily a bullet timing feat. That's without factoring in feats independent of that, as well.

As usual, your ignorance concerning Thor is showing.

Starscream M
Based on how much ground it covers, the illustration artists use, the people it's been able to tag, common sense, etc.

Thor being able to dodge a speeding Mjolnir who was flying right for the back of his head and not obeying his commands is easily a bullet timing feat. That's without factoring in feats independent of that, as well.

As usual, your ignorance concerning Thor is showing. lol your logic is clownlike

so, because thor dodged a speeding mjolnir, that makes it a bullet time feat?!

wow jake wow...take a moment and think about what you wrote.

and I love how you have not a shred of evidence that mjolnir tosses are bullet speed

Mindset
lol your logic is clownlike

and I love how you have not a shred of evidence that mjolnir tosses are bullet speed Show evidence that it is slower than bullets.

I'll be waiting.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Show evidence that it is slower than bullets.

I'll be waiting. the fact that it isn't depicted as an unseeable blur...the fact that you can see it

JakeTheBank
lol your logic is clownlike

and I love how you have not a shred of evidence that mjolnir tosses are bullet speed

Irony.

Yes, considering how fast Mjolnir was going at the time, which was faster than he normally throws it, as evidenced by Thor barely being able to dodge the hammer and voicing astonishment over it.

I did. Did you?

Already made my case. Read Thor comics.

Tzeentch._
It's... it's a comic book. Of course you can see it.

JakeTheBank
the fact that it isn't depicted as an unseeable blur...the fact that you can see it

You can see bullets in comics. Hell, you can see the Flash running in comics. And fyi, it has been drawn before as a blur of motion, multiple times at that.

Horrendous logic per usual.

Common sense tells us that Thor typically throws Mjolnir at low level supersonic speeds and can throw it far faster than that if so inclined.

Mindset
the fact that it isn't depicted as an unseeable blur...the fact that you can see it I can see bullets in comics.

I'll be waiting for scans.

ColossusGrundy
I don't see Thor having bullet-dodging speed, nothing he's ever done makes me think it.

Mjolnir can fly as fast as the Flash for all I care, if he had superspeed he'd have been able to dodge it when it was used against him the many times.

Thor goes down first, and rather quickly.

Mindset

Common sense The one ability this peak human hero lacks.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by DarkOdin
CHo at the time had Hercules powers, and Iron man couldn't take out the worthy without an ungrade meanwhile w eaken Thor took out 2 for them
Actually he was normal cho with Hercs mace as he has in this thread he took Hercs position but not his super strength and durability which is why he needed banner tech. Still though it wasn't a high showing for Thor.

That said Iron Man and Cho can definitely put up a fight against Thor and take some wins on average but won't win majority.

Starscream M
You can see bullets in comics. Hell, you can see the Flash running in comics. And fyi, it has been drawn before as a blur of motion, multiple times at that.

Horrendous logic per usual.

Common sense tells us that Thor typically throws Mjolnir at low level supersonic speeds and can throw it far faster than that if so inclined. in the thor video game, or cartoon or movies...is mjolnir toss as fast as a bullet?

Mindset
in the thor video game, or cartoon or movies...is mjolnir toss as fast as a bullet? Originally posted by Mindset
Bruce, when you post is there sometimes a moment where you think, " You know what, I don't want to sound retarded today, I'll not type that." ?

JakeTheBank
I don't see Thor having bullet-dodging speed, nothing he's ever done makes me think it.

Mjolnir can fly as fast as the Flash for all I care, if he had superspeed he'd have been able to dodge it when it was used against him the many times.

Thor goes down first, and rather quickly.

Well, you'd have to read the comics in which he does show that level of speed, I suppose.

He has dodged Mjolnir before when it was used against him. Writers nowadays either forget that or don't care. The recent times Mjolnir has been used against him (ie. Hulk), his fist was grasped around the handle of the hammer, so dodging becomes somewhat impractical.

Not based on overall feats and portrayal.

Lek Kuen
in the thor video game, or cartoon or movies...is mjolnir toss as fast as a bullet?
You really should just unplug your computer

JakeTheBank
in the thor video game, or cartoon or movies...is mjolnir toss as fast as a bullet?

Somebody has been eating their paint chips.

ColossusGrundy
Well, you'd have to read the comics in which he does show that level of speed, I suppose.

He has dodged Mjolnir before when it was used against him. Writers nowadays either forget that or don't care. The recent times Mjolnir has been used against him (ie. Hulk), his fist was grasped around the handle of the hammer, so dodging becomes somewhat impractical.

Not based on overall feats and portrayal.

"Not based on overall feats and portrayal." = PIS

Thor dies.

JakeTheBank
"Not based on overall feats and portrayal." = PIS

Thor dies.

That doesn't make sense.

Unless you don't think Thor can one shot KO/incap the vast majority?

Starscream M
Somebody has been eating their paint chips. no need for attacks jake...but thanks for dodging

JakeTheBank
no need for attacks jake...but thanks for dodging

Ah, who are we kidding, buddy? This is just another one of our tangoes in KMC.

You make a wild and inaccurate claim about something, I correct you, you spout more nonsense, I correct you again, you embarrass yourself, I laugh and make a joke or two at your expense.

Come to think of it, I think we're destined to do this.

Forever.

Stoic
Not sure if anyone has stated this, but recently the Surfer had to pour it on in order to catch up to Mjolnir. The hammer is thousands of times faster than a bullet.

janus77
Cho & BannerTech tips this fight on the side of Humans.

Would be cool if Cho and IM did some prep to create a new suit using Cap's shield as part of the armour and Cho's BannerTech to nullify Thor's lightning and redirect it outwards as a weapon.

Definitely a good fight, but Humans have the advantage.

Damborgson
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Iron Man
Nick Fury
Captain America
Deadshot
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Silver Sable
Elektra
Bullseye
Green Arrow
Batman
Night Wing
Robin
Amadeus Cho with Mace and Banner Tech
Red Arrow
Spymaster
Punisher
Cheshire
Dinah Drake Black Canary

vs

Thor

No BFR

Fight is in Gotham City at night. Thor has no idea who he's up against. They are hiding all around him at the start of the fight. He is standing there and they want to take him down. (once they attack, obviously he will fight back). Team is spread out. All heroes are in character and will not endanger civilians (Thor included).

Team gets a week to go over the terrain and plan strategy, but get no gear besides their standard gear.

Can the team of humans bring down Thor, the god of thunder?

After the first lightning bolt

Iron Man-takes it fairly easily
Nick Fury-incapacitated
Captain America-incapacitated
Deadshot- incapacitated
Black Widow-incapacitated
Hawkeye- incapacitated
Silver Sable-incapacitated
Elektra-incapacitated
Bullseye-incapacitated
Green Arrow-incapacitated
Batman-incapacitated
Night Wing-incapacitated
Robin-incapacitated
Amadeus Cho with Mace and Banner Tech-isn't written by Pak therefore doesn't get the benefit of being his pet so very likely incapacitated.
Red Arrow-incapacitated
Spymaster-incapacitated
Punisher-incapacitated
Cheshire-incapacitated
Dinah Drake Black Canary-incapacitated

Ironman then gets the crap beaten out of him for raising his hand against Thor. If Cho is still kicking Thor restrains him in a whirlwind to avoid getting his own lighting used against him again.

And all is right in the world big grin

pym-ftw
Minus ironman which is a big if, I can't see anyone else on the team even hurting Thor with standard gear

Nibedicus
Comics = team wins 8/10 after a many of them go down

Forum rules = Thor stomps

pym-ftw
^Who drops him

Nibedicus
^Who drops him

Batman and Cap being in the same team would no doubt pull some wierd combo move that involves Batman, Cho and Iron Man's tech that somehow pulls out the win. My argument isn't based on who should logically win but is based on who is most likely the writer would choose to win on a fight

That and Cap + Batman "jobber aura" would no doubt cause Thor to accidentally zap himself with his lightning...

zopzop
Minus ironman which is a big if, I can't see anyone else on the team even hurting Thor with standard gear Originally posted by Nibedicus
Comics = team wins 8/10 after a many of them go down

Forum rules = Thor stomps Originally posted by pym-ftw
^Who drops him
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir221-LightningPrinceofPower4.jpg

Lek Kuen
Minus ironman which is a big if, I can't see anyone else on the team even hurting Thor with standard gear
Cho can hurt him, he has the skill to do so using Hercs Mace. Plus he can re purpose Thor's own lightning against him while amplifying it;s affects. Thor knows that so he'll just Mjolnir slap him but I'm saying that he can hurt Thor just not beat him.

Nibedicus
A smart forum Thor would just use a mega tornado from flight to scatter the group as soon as the bell sounds.

Sadly, with all the "joba powa" going around, he's much more likely to monologue and get pwnd by his own power via tech.

A comic win for team at 8/10 is actually pretty generous for Thor.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by zopzop
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir221-LightningPrinceofPower4.jpg
You realize that there's no reason Thor can't reabsorb that lightning

zopzop
You realize that there's no reason Thor can't reabsorb that lightning
Someone tell Thor that. Because that wasn't the only time Cho made a fool of him like that.

keiththegreat
Thor's hammer CAN fly fast, but who says when he dodged it it was going even close to it's maximum speed?

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Damborgson
After the first lightning bolt

Iron Man-takes it fairly easily
Nick Fury-incapacitated
Captain America-incapacitated
Deadshot- incapacitated
Black Widow-incapacitated
Hawkeye- incapacitated
Silver Sable-incapacitated
Elektra-incapacitated
Bullseye-incapacitated
Green Arrow-incapacitated
Batman-incapacitated
Night Wing-incapacitated
Robin-incapacitated
Amadeus Cho with Mace and Banner Tech-isn't written by Pak therefore doesn't get the benefit of being his pet so very likely incapacitated.
Red Arrow-incapacitated
Spymaster-incapacitated
Punisher-incapacitated
Cheshire-incapacitated
Dinah Drake Black Canary-incapacitated

Ironman then gets the crap beaten out of him for raising his hand against Thor. If Cho is still kicking Thor restrains him in a whirlwind to avoid getting his own lighting used against him again.

And all is right in the world big grin

The team is spread all around him in the dark, and they get the benefit of a sneak attack.

janus77
How many characters have grabbed Thor's hammer, on its return flight?
How many characters have stopped it mid-flight?

I think it's a huge reach to argue that the hammer travels very fast at all, when Thor throws it.

It's probably travelling faster than Cap's shield, but not faster than light or anything silly like that. It can be dodged (as it frequently is) and it can be sabotaged (again, as it frequently is).

Newjak
Originally posted by janus77
How many characters have grabbed Thor's hammer, on its return flight?
How many characters have stopped it mid-flight?

I think it's a huge reach to argue that the hammer travels very fast at all, when Thor throws it.

It's probably travelling faster than Cap's shield, but not faster than light or anything silly like that. It can be dodged (as it frequently is) and it can be sabotaged (again, as it frequently is). It varies.

Thor has been documented as being able to throw the hammer faster than the speed of light.

Obviously that would kill most people outright so he doesn't do it all or probably most of the time.

If Thor fought to the best of abilities this is a stomp in his favor.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Newjak

Thor has been documented as being able to throw the hammer faster than the speed of light.
when has he ever thrown it at speed of light at someone? show me proof

Endless Mike
when has he ever thrown it at speed of light at someone? show me proof

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dns4h.jpg

5th panel, bottom - right dialogue balloon.

Kind of hard to read, I know.

Silent Master
One large lightning/EMP attack and the fight is over.

keiththegreat
When has Thor done that against a team in a packed city with civilians?

janus77
EMP shouldn't affect Cho, IM, Cap, Batman ....

Silent Master
Thor has already effected Iron-man with a lightning/EMP attack and if he can effect Iron-man, I see no reason for Batman or Cho to be immune.

JakeTheBank
When has Thor done that against a team in a packed city with civilians?

You do realize that Thor has very fine levels of control over his power output, right?

It's why he can habitually summon storms of absurd degree and not wipe out his fellow Avengers while doing it.

Anyway, barring plot device and PIS, most of this team is dispatched handily by a holding back Thor, let alone a Thor who wants to win and is willing to do so short of killing people (though Fraction's Thor might not be so hesitant on doing so).

It would help that people who're actively debating in this thread either read Thor comics or aren't purposefully being thick headed about Thor's capabilities, though.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Endless Mike
http://i47.tinypic.com/2dns4h.jpg

5th panel, bottom - right dialogue balloon.

Kind of hard to read, I know.

This one is better : http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Loki%20Stats/LokiSpeed07274.jpg

keiththegreat
You do realize that Thor has very fine levels of control over his power output, right?

It's why he can habitually summon storms of absurd degree and not wipe out his fellow Avengers while doing it.

Anyway, barring plot device and PIS, most of this team is dispatched handily by a holding back Thor, let alone a Thor who wants to win and is willing to do so short of killing people (though Fraction's Thor might not be so hesitant on doing so).

It would help that people who're actively debating in this thread either read Thor comics or aren't purposefully being thick headed about Thor's capabilities, though.

Do you think if this scenario played out in a comic, that Thor would be conscious after the fight?

pym-ftw
If Thor goes slugfest no one can hurt him, much less knock him out

I think everyone is under estimating thors combat speed

JakeTheBank
Do you think if this scenario played out in a comic, that Thor would be conscious after the fight?

In a comic, bound by plot and usually sprinkled with PIS to favor street levelers not being utterly decimated by someone like Thor, the team would probably beat the crap out of him.

In a forum where such things are removed by default, the few people who last long enough to do anything of worth are Iron Man and Cho.

Silent Master
Most of the people on the team would need massive PIS/jobbing just to make Thor notice their attacks.

keiththegreat
I think Captain America could definitely last a few minutes against Thor. And what about the arrows that the archers have at their disposal?

pym-ftw
Light>arrows
geek

JakeTheBank
I think Captain America could definitely last a few minutes against Thor. And what about the arrows that the archers have at their disposal?

If Thor wasn't actively trying to fight him and being hampered with PIS, sure.

The arrows would be nuisances at best unless they all brought Phantom Zone arrows or slapped the Midgard Serpent's fang on the tips or something out of the norm.

Silent Master

So, you have Thor in full jobbing mode?

Damborgson
The team is spread all around him in the dark, and they get the benefit of a sneak attack.

Cool dude. He can no sell 90% pf what they dp then proceed to work them like I said.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Not sure if anyone has stated this, but recently the Surfer had to pour it on in order to catch up to Mjolnir. The hammer is thousands of times faster than a bullet. they are talking about the average portrayal of the hammer. Yes the hammer can exceed the speed of light but not instantly. remember it takes time to accelerate to a certain speed. When Thor throws the hammer at ftl speeds he must first whirl it a great deal first (to build up the initial speed). Without doing that the hammer can never leave his hands at ftl speed and must accelerate to those speeds. At best Thor was seen traveling at ftl speeds using a minimum distance of some miles to accelerate.

IMO, Mjolnir on average doesn't reach bullet speeds when moving on it's own or when thrown. But it does move very fast though. But make no mistake, Thor can throw Mjlonir at ftl speeds, provided he whirls it enough first.

Branlor Swift
lol

I gotta stop clicking and reading your posts

h1a8
The key here for the team is sharp piercing objects. Any other attacks would be useless, other than to distract Thor in order to land a sharp piercing attack.

IMO, an average Thor would win a slight majority and a high end Thor would stomp.
But please don't allow Bullseye with adamantium bullets and gun. I would have to give the team the majority then.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
lol

Everything I said there is backed by comics. I said nothing false.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by h1a8
Everything I said there is backed by comics. I said nothing false. You don't even know if it's backed by comics though, that's the problem

Everything you say just comes from your pocket with little to no knowledge at all.

Damborgson
lol

HueyFreeman
Curious about thors teleportation reach. Weve seen him teleport through space (and he used to be able to teleport through time). Its been a while since hes teleported anwhere hasnt it?

JakeTheBank
He attempted to offensively teleport in AvX.

In the Avengers Annual, he BFRed a giant group of badguys from the city in the middle of an empty stadium in the blink of an eye.

So, yes, Thor can still teleport himself and others.

HueyFreeman
He attempted to offensively teleport in AvX.

In the Avengers Annual, he BFRed a giant group of badguys from the city in the middle of an empty stadium in the blink of an eye.

So, yes, Thor can still teleport himself and others. Is it regulated to just space or dimension as well?

DarkSaint85
What do you mean by dimensions? As in, can he port from Asgard to Hel to Earth?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What do you mean by dimensions? As in, can he port from Asgard to Hel to Earth? Even Mexico if need be. But I haven't the foggiest of why he... or anyone for that matter would want to go there. It's just possible I guess

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What do you mean by dimensions? As in, can he port from Asgard to Hel to Earth? I know those are a given but I mean something like the negative zone.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Is it regulated to just space or dimension as well?

He can teleport from one point on Earth to another, another planet, or access various dimensions such as Asgard or Olympus.

ODG
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I know those are a given but I mean something like the negative zone. Originally posted by ODG
Here, Mjolnir opens up a portal to the Negative Zone in Avengers #309:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir151-TeleportationAvenger.jpg

Harbinger
I feel dumber having read this thread.

In what world is f*cking Iron Man by himself a good matchup for Thor?

Damborgson
He's put up decent fights before. He lasts only as long as Thor lets him though of course.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man had his best showing ever against Thor in the Iron Man/Thor mini-series.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Harbinger
I feel dumber having read this thread.

In what world is f*cking Iron Man by himself a good matchup for Thor?
Movieverse?

Damborgson
And he was still on the losing end

JakeTheBank
That was more of a crazy feat for Thor than Iron Man. He took on a 400% amped Tony, tanked a repulsor to the face, and was still ready to go. Honestly thought they'd have Tony draw Thor straight up under his own power.

h1a8
You don't even know if it's backed by comics though, that's the problem

Everything you say just comes from your pocket with little to no knowledge at all.

irrelevant!
All that matters is if I spoke the truth.
If I didn't then prove me wrong.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by ODG
That is both awesome and sad that they currently make him so stupid given his power.

Zack Fair
Meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.