Chris Redfield vs Frank West

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Two men with super human strength face off.

Arena is the middle of the Dead Rising shopping mall.

Who wins between the man that beat down a boulder, or a man that casually swings around benches like they're baseball bats?

Nemesis X
The benches I believe are a gameplay mechanic. Some cut scenes would show Frank having a little trouble moving around things that might weigh less than a bench but even if he could really lift benches like those that easily, he still has nothing on the guy who can uppercut a giant rock in a volcano with no break time.

In hand to hand, the fight goes to Chris hands down. Amazing as it is for a photo journalist to beat a leader of the united states special forces in a fist fight, Chris has adapted somewhat after being tossed around like a ragdoll by Albert Wesker.

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
or a man that casually swings around benches like they're baseball bats?

Frank's done more then that, took out that special forces guy while fighting atop a tank in a crowd of zombies.

the ninjak
Frank kills Chris with the MegaMan gun and armor!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by the ninjak
Frank kills Chris with the MegaMan gun and armor!

Even though the fight is a bit poorly detailed, I know the OP is saying it's a H2H match.

Tzeentch._
This isn't even a contest.

Chris caves Frank's skull in with a boulder-pushing uppercut to the jaw.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Ditto.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Tzeentch._

No it didn't.....It just stated their strength feats. No mention of H2H only.

Frank kills Chris with a MegaMan gun!big grin

Nemesis X

The fact he doesn't specify any kind of weapon for the characters to use and stating only the strength feats you'd use to set up a H2H match disproves your ignorant statement.

FinalAnswer

Chris disintegrates Frank with his Satellite Laser gun.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The fact he doesn't specify any kind of weapon for the characters to use and stating only the strength feats you'd use to set up a H2H match disproves your ignorant statement.

Wrong he just chats about both guys kickin and swinging stuff.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Nah. Frank shoots him with a few Megablasts, killing him before any crappy satellite bullshit......WIN!

Nemesis X

The time it takes between firing a Mega blaster and a satellite laser cannon would undoubtedly go into Frank's favor assuming there were weapons like that used in this fight. The blaster fires instantly but the cannon takes a few seconds to focus and fire on it's specific target. Unless Frank gets grappled by nearby undead, he'll win that.

Wrong he just chats about both guys kickin and swinging stuff.

Kicking and swinging but no shooting was mentioned smile

Oh dear god we actually agree on something (assuming they were allowed to have guns from the get go but aren't).

FinalAnswer
Chris goes into cover and uses it

/thread

the ninjak
The time it takes between firing a Mega blaster and a satellite laser cannon would undoubtedly go into Frank's favor assuming there were weapons like that used in this fight. The blaster fires instantly but the cannon takes a few seconds to focus and fire on it's specific target. Unless Frank gets grappled by nearby undead, he'll win that.

Kicking and swinging but no shooting was mentioned smile

Oh dear god we actually agree on something.

And Frank is king of his own domain. He's jumping on zombie's heads for Christ's sakes.

Chris would be screwed in the mall. And Frank would be wearing the Megaman Armor and using the freakin gun!

Bang Bang! Chris would be dead.

That gun took down bosses like it they were paper. Cars like they were cardboard.

Frank wins.

Nemesis X
And Frank is king of his own domain. He's jumping on zombie's heads for Christ's sakes.

And DR zombies would explode upon impact with Chris' fists. What of it?

If the OP had allowed it and it doesn't look like he did.

If they could use their laser weapons then yeah. Lead weapons on the other hand...

Well then I guess it's a good thing Frank doesn't have that in this match, huh?

Quite the opposite actually.

Nemesis X
Chris goes into cover and uses it

/thread

Wouldn't he still have to be out in the open to use it? He can't blind fire the thing for it would be impossible doing that with a weapon that requires you to use it's scope to focus on a specific target!

the ninjak
Nah homefield advantage.

No Satellite bombs in that environment.

Frank is primed in MegamanMode.

And Chris? Kicking his way through the Mall no doubt.
Wouldn't he still have to be out in the open to use it? He can't blind fire the thing for it would be impossible doing that with a weapon that requires you to use it's scope to focus on a specific target!

But once he makes his way into the Cinema Complex, Frank destroys him no doubt.

Sucks to be him.

Nemesis X
Nah homefield advantage.

It's a mall.

You're saying something isn't allowed? The irony.

Okay now I know you're just trying to troll.

Not before kicking Frank's head off Duke Nukem-style.

The H2H continues there? Will some popcorn be had while taking a break and seeing a Die Hard movie before Chris knocks him out?

I know. Why did cdtm make this so one-sided in Chris' favor?

FinalAnswer

Are you saying Chris is incapable of running around and hiding in cover until he can use the laser?

Nemesis X
Are you saying Chris is incapable of running around and hiding in cover until he can use the laser?

And you think he has the chance to fire that thing when there's a guy spamming the megablaster?

the ninjak
Hey if there is a laser satelite super nuke primed I'm all for it..............

.......I just wanna send that out there! big grin

Peace on Earth and all that jazz!

FinalAnswer
And you think he has the chance to fire that thing when there's a guy spamming the megablaster?

If Frank is being an idiot and just shooting the Mega Buster in all directions and not paying any attention to anything, Chris probably doesn't even need the laser, and could just snipe his face in with any of the guns he has on him.

cdtm
Even though the fight is a bit poorly detailed, I know the OP is saying it's a H2H match.

Sorry, I meant for an anything goes match. big grin

Even if Frank is no slouch in straight h2h.

Nemesis X
Sorry, I meant for an anything goes match. big grin

Even if Frank is no slouch in straight h2h.

Not to be rude but you need to introduce these fights a little better in the future. A whole page was proof enough how misleading this was with just your post saying "boulder puncher versus a bench lifter." I doubt anyone would think that means weapons are allowed (ninjak doesn't count since he was possibly just trolling before things were cleared up).

With more in his arsenal than just the laser cannon, Chris can indeed defeat Frank even with that blaster. Redfield can just stun him with a flash bang and shoot him in the face with an M500.

the ninjak
(ninjak doesn't count since he was possibly just trolling before things were cleared up).

No I just read the OP and put 2 and 2 together.

Kazenji
Besides that Mega Blaster is a one or two hit kill.

Nemesis X
No I just read the OP and put 2 and 2 together.

Two men with super human strength face off.

Arena is the middle of the Dead Rising shopping mall.

Who wins between the man that beat down a boulder, or a man that casually swings around benches like they're baseball bats?

Uh huh...

Originally posted by Kazenji
Besides that Mega Blaster is a one or two hit kill.

So is the linear launcher from Code Veronica.

the ninjak
Uh huh...

Yeah that's right.

So is the linear launcher from Code Veronica.

So Chris Redfield is bringing every freakin weapon he ever used in RE??????

Bullcrap!

He goes in with a pistol and a knife...maybe a few nades. And whatever else he can find. Just like at the beginning of all the games.

Meanwhiles........Frank is MegaMan, knows all the routes including ventilation shafts. And would hear Chris from a mile away! Kicking and shooting zombies.
Homefield Advantage.

Frank knew how to dodge and run on zombies heads like a pro. Chris won't hear crap.
Frank shoots him in the ass with the MegaBlaster x2 ftw.

Frank wins.

Nemesis X
Yeah that's right.

37OWL7AzvHo

None of what you said made any friggin sense you ignoramous.

Why can't Chris have any when Frank gets that treatment? Did the OP not say anything goes?

Again with the Megaman nonsense? Why would anyone use ventilation shafts when the fight is placed in the middle of the mall?

Those Dead Rising zombies are a bunch of herpaderps. If Frank ever tried that move on a Resident Evil zombie, he would get mauled haermm

Not before Chris uses the linear launcher. Like the OP said, it's an anything goes match.

No. Chris wins.

the ninjak
Those Dead Rising zombies are a bunch of herpaderps. If Frank ever tried that move on a Resident Evil zombie, he would get mauled haermm

Don't ask me to explain Capcom physics. He jumps on zombies heads. Which happen to be the zombies in the fight. And the Mall is full of them.

Not before Chris uses the linear launcher. Like the OP said, it's an anything goes match.

No. Chris wins.

And Frank uses the Mega Cannon, a faster shooting weapon.

What's the middle of the Mall? Doesn't matter Frank will hear Chris killing zombies whereas Frank can simply avoid them.

If such tactics aren't allowed they blast each other. But if they aim at each other. Frank's Mega Cannon will blast through Chris' Launcher rounds due to faster shots.

Frank also has the Flying Dodge.

Nemesis X
Don't ask me to explain Capcom physics. He jumps on zombies heads. Which happen to be the zombies in the fight. And the Mall is full of them.

Which shouldn't be that hard for Chris to handle.

They fire just about equally actually. You saying Dead Rising's Megablaster fires faster in comparison to Chris' linear launcher must mean you only saw the weapon in action in Darkside Chronicles that made it slower when in the canon Code Veronica, fired a lot faster.

It really wouldn't matter since it wouldn't take that long for Redfield to mow them down. Portable gatling gun remember? 131

They're about equal speed so really, both rounds would possibly cancel eachother out if they fired at eachother at the same time.

So? Have you seen Chris' reaction time when Wesker fired his gun at him?

cdtm
Jesus, you guys are arguing like this is politics, instead of two video game characters squaring off. O_o

Ok, Nemesis, I'll grant I did a terrible job setting up this thread. It's only my third or fourth video game thread on this website, though, as I spend the majority of my time in comics related forums, so please be a little patient ^_^;

When I made this thread, I was assuming a sort of "standard gear" clause, like you get over in the comic book verses board.. Chris with the knife, Frank with his bare hands, and both can pick up anything they can find in the arena.

But looking at some of the arguments here, and how seriously this fights being taken, I'm going to re-spec this thread with very specific rules (Again, asking for a little noob indulgence)

Chris gets his knife and handgun.

Frank gets an iron bar, and a handgun.

There are weapons from both characters games scattered throughout the arena. But, we're keeping it to conventional weapons, like uzi's, shotguns, boulders, and anything not nailed down. (So no Hammer of Dawn super laser, no overpowered equivalent weapons from Frank..)

Nusa105
I believe Chris would kill frank in a few seconds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.