Death vs Team Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Death

vs

Tiamut (Before he was buried on Earth)
Exitar (same version that fought the watchers)
The Entire Celestial 4th Host
the 4 Alternate Universe "Mad Celestials"
The One Above All (Celestial)
The Red Celestial
The Blue Celestial

Harbinger
Mistress Death or Death of the Endless?

Endless Mike
Marvel Death?

keiththegreat
Originally posted by Harbinger

Whichever one showed up at the end of Thanos Imperative.

But how do you think each one does against this team?

Harbinger
Both win.

Branlor Swift
Most likely Death, but I could see Exitar, and the Super Celestial beating up the Galactus Engine.

keiththegreat
So Death is more powerful than 18 Celestials? Several of which are more powerful than multiple "regular Celestials"? I've heard each Celestial could create and destroy universes, I'm surprised everyone is giving Death the win.

Endless Mike
Death is abstract, and Celestials are living creatures, so they can die...

keiththegreat
What about if we add Scathan to team Celestial?

zopzop
Originally posted by keiththegreat
What about if we add Scathan to team Celestial?
Without Scathan, Death stomps. With Scathan, the Celestials stomp. It's a stomp either way.

Cogito
Originally posted by Harbinger

Irrelevant

keiththegreat
OK...everyone was saying Death destroyed the cancerverse in another thread. Well I just re-read it and Thanos destroyed it by destroying the avatar of life (a plot based win to be sure). He even says "I destroyed a universe for you" to death. So I don't think death is as powerful as people were claiming.

zopzop
OK...everyone was saying Death destroyed the cancerverse in another thread. Well I just re-read it and Thanos destroyed it by destroying the avatar of life (a plot based win to be sure). He even says "I destroyed a universe for you" to death. So I don't think death is as powerful as people were claiming.
Even if you attempt to take that feat away from Her (which makes no sense since she ANNIHILATED even the Cancerverse forces that were in 616 reality AND she sealed the Fault), she still has that Avengers Annual issue where Grandmaster (using her power), created 5 Null Life bombs, each capable of destroying 1/5 of the universe. One of the bombs went off and 1/5 of the universe was destroyed instantly.

Death slaughters them unless Scathan is involved, then she's getting stomped.

keiththegreat
Originally posted by zopzop
Even if you attempt to take that feat away from Her (which makes no sense since she ANNIHILATED even the Cancerverse forces that were in 616 reality AND she sealed the Fault), she still has that Avengers Annual issue where Grandmaster (using her power), created 5 Null Life bombs, each capable of destroying 1/5 of the universe. One of the bombs went off and 1/5 of the universe was destroyed instantly.

Death slaughters them unless Scathan is involved, then she's getting stomped.

But it says those forces were killed by killing the avatar of death. If I'm misunderstanding it I'm willing to admit it. Can anyone clarify?

zopzop
But it says those forces were killed by killing the avatar of death. If I'm misunderstanding it I'm willing to admit it. Can anyone clarify?
That entire storyline was a hot mess. I also recall on Comicvine, a user pointed out that the only reason they were capable of doing that "Necropsy" ritual in the Cancerverse, was because that Universe had some odd properties about it that allowed the Old Ones to pull that ritual off.

Glorificus
Death takes them all into her sweet embrace...

PillarofOsiris
I thought Death killed the Avatar of Life, not Thanos. I could be wrong, I'll have to go find the issue. But like I said, it's more like Death destroyed the Cancerverse based on plot than outright power.

janus77
Originally posted by Glorificus
Death takes them all into her sweet embrace...
Death has been killed on several occasions, I doubt she's powerful enough to take out several Celestials.

Her role in the TI is what's built up the current hype, I think.

And that was merely a technicality, since the Cancerverse was full of undying creatures - life having poisoned everything after killing off Death. Death sent Thanos in, to open up some channel to her, then she emerged and rebooted the death process...

If that universe's Death wasn't killed, they wouldn't have been vulnerable to her.

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77
Death has been killed on several occasions, I doubt she's powerful enough to take out several Celestials.

Her role in the TI is what's built up the current hype, I think.

And that was merely a technicality, since the Cancerverse was full of undying creatures - life having poisoned everything after killing off Death. Death sent Thanos in, to open up some channel to her, then she emerged and rebooted the death process...

If that universe's Death wasn't killed, they wouldn't have been vulnerable to her.
TI had nothing to do with it, she was a confirmed universe buster back when Grandmaster was playing games with her power.

Regarding the TI nonsense, there was something up with that universe even before the MAOs did their Necropsy Ritual that exiled Death :
http://i38.tinypic.com/ff1yk8.jpg
If that universes Death wasn't "killed" they couldn't even ENTER the damn universe. Once she re-entered it, she absolutely WRECKED them, even the ones in 616 reality couldn't escape her power, then she sealed the Fault. There's no way in hell to lowball this feat/fight.

There were more scans on Comicvine but I can't find them now.

guy222
celestials

janus77
TI had nothing to do with it, she was a confirmed universe buster back when Grandmaster was playing games with her power.

Regarding the TI nonsense, there was something up with that universe even before the MAOs did their Necropsy Ritual that exiled Death :
http://i38.tinypic.com/ff1yk8.jpg
If that universes Death wasn't "killed" they couldn't even ENTER the damn universe. Once she re-entered it, she absolutely WRECKED them, even the ones in 616 reality couldn't escape her power, then she sealed the Fault. There's no way in hell to lowball this feat/fight.

There were more scans on Comicvine but I can't find them now.
Being a universe buster is not enough to say she takes out multiple Celestials, they're universe busters too.

And I'm not downplaying her feat in TI, just trying to point out that the Cancerverse and all it's "life" was especially susceptible to her because Death had been killed in that universe.

Once she re-established connection with it, the process would naturally effect all the creatures from the Cancerverse.

Although I don't recall anything confirming the MAO to be dead, I understood it as them being bfred from 616 AND the Cancerverse (since Death had regained her connection with it).

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77
Being a universe buster is not enough to say she takes out multiple Celestials, they're universe busters too.

And I'm not downplaying her feat in TI, just trying to point out that the Cancerverse and all it's "life" was especially susceptible to her because Death had been killed in that universe.

Once she re-established connection with it, the process would naturally effect all the creatures from the Cancerverse.

Although I don't recall anything confirming the MAO to be dead, I understood it as them being bfred from 616 AND the Cancerverse (since Death had regained her connection with it).
When have the Celestials busted an universe? Their highest on panel feat (not fight) was hurling a few worlds at Thanos during the IG Saga.

The MAOs weren't BFRed they were lying all around Death and crew, crippled and broken. Thanos said it would take them EONS to reform.

Death took out the MAOs using raw power. The blast was so powerful it even registered in 616 reality, the Inhumans ship said the power reading was off the scale for an "incoming catastrophic event".

leonidas
wasn't it said/implied that the mad celestials destroyed a universe at some point or am i not recalling that correctly....?

PillarofOsiris
It's been stated on panel that 616 Celestials can "create and destroy universes", although I'm not sure it's ever been displayed, so you can put as much stock into that as you want.

They did say the Mad Celestials were GOING TO destroy the 616 universe, although obviously they never got the chance to.

keiththegreat
Can Galactus bust a universe? If so, then clearly a Celestial can.

zopzop
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It's been stated on panel that 616 Celestials can "create and destroy universes", although I'm not sure it's ever been displayed, so you can put as much stock into that as you want.

They did say the Mad Celestials were GOING TO destroy the 616 universe, although obviously they never got the chance to.
Statements, not backed up by on panel evidence, are meaningless.
Can Galactus bust a universe? If so, then clearly a Celestial can.
Galactus cannot bust a universe. The best he has under his belt was the "Herald my Rage Blast" and that was only galaxy-wide.

PillarofOsiris
Statements, not backed up by on panel evidence, are meaningless.

Like I said, put as much stock into as you want. I would tend to think that 1,000 of beings that could destroy the universe would be a little crazy, but some people don't.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by leonidas
wasn't it said/implied that the mad celestials destroyed a universe at some point or am i not recalling that correctly....?
According to Galactus , they had come to destroy the universe completely , but apart from this allusion , I don's recall them ever being mentioned as having destroyed an entire reality .

Also , during their very first confrontation with the Council of Reeds , a statement by Mad-Arishem and the large-headed telepath Reed's probing of the Celestials' minds , alluded to an intent to use the Bridge as an access point to conquer the entire multiverse .

quanchi112
Death wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.