Who is the most skilled combatant in comicdom?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
I want to know who you guys think is the most skilled fighting character in comics. By fighting character I mean the character using his skills strictly for combat, not building machines or coming up with prep.

Street Level

Hand to Hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Meta Level

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Herald level

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

All 3 tiers

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Hope its clear enough.

Mindset
Iron Fist.

Blair Wind
Karate Kid in everything.

Mindset
If Sir Daniel Rand didn't exist.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Blair Wind

I said it before and I'll say it again - Iron Fist is what Karate Kid wants to be when he grows up.

Cogito
No but really, it's

Mindset
I agree, except it's:

Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Fist.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I said it before and I'll say it again - Iron Fist is what Karate Kid wants to be when he grows up.

A second rate Shang-Chi?
cool

Scoobless
Samurai Jack

You know it's true.

tkitna

Nibedicus
KK is street level AND herald at the same time? :-p

byrdgang21
What do you mean by most skilled in "powers"?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by byrdgang21
What do you mean by most skilled in "powers"? Skilled in using their powerset. For example Superman using a combination of super speed, freeze breath and heat vision to create results you wouldn't normally get and/or doing the wacky shit like sealing rips in reality and creating anti-matter with his heat vision. Another example would be stuff like Spider-Man using his spider sense to locate bombs etc.

JakeTheBank
Doom via existing.

Golgo13
Animal Man?

Branlor Swift
I agree with everyone here.

The correct answer is Iron Fist

Glorificus
Mantis.

Bouboumaster
Gamora

Golgo13
Karate Kid owns both of them at the same time.

pym-ftw
Mk
IF
Thor

SamZED
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Mk
IF
Thor
Moon Knight? Thor?

pym-ftw
Val and Danny are metas and isn't moon knight depowered thus a street

Thor is very versatile, skilled in h2h and weapons training

janus77
lol @ Thor.

Skilled at using his powers? He's more a hazard to himself, getting KOed by feedback from his own lightning or getting KOed by his own hammer ...

Surfer, Doom with the Power Cosmic ... that's skill at the herald level.

pym-ftw
Surfers H2H and weapons training are laughable at best

Dooms H2H skills are impressive for a normal human but you can't be serious about being in thors league

abhilegend
laughing out loud @surfer.

janus77
I am serious, Surfer is far more creative with his powers - has a vast array of feats - than Thor. So there's no comparison there.

Also, same with Doom, he's more creative with his powers AND was better than Surfer with the Power Cosmic.

Thor doesn't do half the shit people pretend he does, he's just clobbering, lightning and whirling around speechifying... before getting knocked out.

CosmicComet
Thor's stock has never been lower.

I wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool could slice into him good with normal steel swords now or something.

And expect Punisher to whoop his ass in straight h2h in October.

pym-ftw
It's asking most skilled in all three, surfer is versatile and has fine control but so does every herald

What hand to hand and weapons training is he ever been shown to have?

Doom is hard to argue against in that he has shown to be a skilled combatant in all fields but really only herald level with his powers, not with weapon proficientcy, and most definitely not H2H.

PillarofOsiris
Wonder Woman, Captain America, Batman

lol @ Thor and SS being mentioned.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Gamora

thumb up

janus77
Originally posted by pym-ftw
It's asking most skilled in all three, surfer is versatile and has fine control but so does every herald

What hand to hand and weapons training is he ever been shown to have?

Doom is hard to argue against in that he has shown to be a skilled combatant in all fields but really only herald level with his powers, not with weapon proficientcy, and most definitely not H2H.
Surfer's used his versatility in combat, from fighting whole armadas of ships to encasing enemy weapons in PC bubbles.

He's chained Lunatik's life-essence to a planet, he's transmuted weapons to water pistols ... How has he not demonstrated phenomenal skill with his powers. He regularly defeats other Heralds, by demonstrating superior skill and finesse with the Power Cosmic.

The only times he fails to do any of that are when he fights Thanos or Thor... Then CIS retards him.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Zack Fair

Street Level

Hand to Hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Meta Level

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Herald level

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

All 3 tiers

Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers
Overall

Hope its clear enough.

Even if surfer scored a perfect ten and Thor only got a seven in a power scale it will still average out to a higher score

@Pillar

How about you tell me about how thors not a weapons and H2H based warriors and doesn't have some sort of plot based powerset....

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Iron Fist.

damn, i did NOT see that one coming.

Silent Master
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer's used his versatility in combat, from fighting whole armadas of ships to encasing enemy weapons in PC bubbles.

He's chained Lunatik's life-essence to a planet, he's transmuted weapons to water pistols ... How has he not demonstrated phenomenal skill with his powers. He regularly defeats other Heralds, by demonstrating superior skill and finesse with the Power Cosmic.

The only times he fails to do any of that are when he fights Thanos or Thor... Then CIS retards him.

There are 3 categories for each group
Hand to hand
Weapons
Powers

Where do you rank Surfer in the HTH and Weapons categories?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.