Oni (AW version) X Pyron (human sized)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
Who wins this?

NemeBro
Still Pyron, if OVA feats are counted.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Who wins this?

Question, is there more to Akuma, in that game, than what was shown on youtube or is that all there was to his lil story arch?

I ask this, cuz from the vid, the mechanics of Akuma's higher-end attacks were changed; instead of spiritual assaults from SGSs and Meidos, it was exchanged for, over-the-top, physical destruction. In canon, his attacks don't work that way and the canon descriptions would be alot more useful. Altho, given Whackron's speed and tele, it may not even matter.

NemeBro
Mortal Pyron is, going by the OVA, still a planet buster, a fairly casual one at that (When he turned into a giant smilie face and crushed a world), and his speed is relativistic to low FTL.

IIRC Mantra Asura, whom Oni stalemated, isn't on that level (I could be wrong though).

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
Question, is there more to Akuma, in that game, than what was shown on youtube or is that all there was to his lil story arch?

I ask this, cuz from the vid, the mechanics of Akuma's higher-end attacks were changed; instead of spiritual assaults from SGSs and Meidos, it was exchanged for, over-the-top, physical destruction. In canon, his attacks don't work that way and the canon descriptions would be alot more useful. Altho, given Whackron's speed and tele, it may not even matter.

You're asking the wrong guy, I don't have the game either, but I'm pretty sure what you see is what you get. That said, I see what you mean, in canon, you can't physically resist an SGS or MGH like in AW. So you can remove the insane DBZ-esq qualities of Oni's supers in AW and replace them with the soul decimating effects we all know and love, if you think that helps.

And Whackron?

NemeBro
Yeah, the fight you've seen on youtube is all there was to the fight.

Tzeentch._
Oni stomps effortlessly.

No End N Site
So you can remove the insane DBZ-esq qualities of Oni's supers in AW and replace them with the soul decimating effects we all know and love, if you think that helps.

It wont, Whackron's still too hard to catch with GT and he can just shrink stars and galaxies and blow'em up in peoples faces.

And Whackron?

He sucks, why not call'im Whackron? He went from "Lord of the Living Flame: King of the Universe" to whack ass shit in one game. Folks got me to playin Hunter recently and needless to say, ya'boi was disappointed. He's ass, I see why Daigo dropped'im/subed'im.

Frisky Dingo
It wont, Whackron's still too hard to catch with GT and he can just shrink stars and galaxies and blow'em up in peoples faces.

He sucks, why not call'im Whackron? He went from "Lord of the Living Flame: King of the Universe" to whack ass shit in one game. Folks got me to playin Hunter recently and needless to say, ya'boi was disappointed. He's ass, I see why Daigo dropped'im/subed'im.

You complain about Pyron being sorry, yet you main Anakaris? Hypocritical much? Speaking of which, how about Oni (AW) vs Anakaris? Who'd win, there?

stargun
Even canon Akuma would stand a decent chance against Anak.

No End N Site
You complain about Pyron being sorry, yet you main Anakaris? Hypocritical much? Speaking of which, how about Oni (AW) vs Anakaris? Who'd win, there?

First off, Mummy was always okay-trash, but despite being that, he is easily the most interestin and strange fightin game characters in the history of the genre. Whackron can not boast such things, even in a game where all the characters are vastly superior and entertaining to most FG characters. He's just so....regular

As for Oni and Mummy. I'd have to say somethin like 6.7/10; Mummy. Oni is definitely faster and stronger, by miles, and has the soul killing attacks that would make short work of Mummy's Khabit. The problem is actually gettin to hit'im. Mummy's crazy-stupid-dope-powers make it very hard for terrestrial combatants to get'im.

Does AW Oni, still have TK? That could help, I know the SF version does.

Frisky Dingo
That has to be one of the most idiotic things I've read in a while. Pyron being "regular", I mean. Talbain's "regular"! Pyron can zone like Sagat and can mix up like Viper at the same damn time, blame the other half of the cast for being so damn broken to the point where Pyron's Incredible silliness isn't enough to get him to the tiers you think he deserves.

Don't call him "Whakron", call the likes of Morrigan and Sasquatch "Goddigan" and "godsquatch". And besides, pyron isn't that bad, or even bad at all. He's far more viable than Lilith is in savior.

NemeBro
Only pussies play characters because they are good.

/mained Hakumen when he was bottom tier.

No End N Site
That has to be one of the most idiotic things I've read in a while. Pyron being "regular", I mean. Talbain's "regular"! Pyron can zone like Sagat and can mix up like Viper at the same damn time, blame the other half of the cast for being so damn broken to the point where Pyron's Incredible silliness isn't enough to get him to the tiers you think he deserves.

Don't call him "Whakron", call the likes of Morrigan and Sasquatch "Goddigan" and "godsquatch". And besides, pyron isn't that bad, or even bad at all. He's far more viable than Lilith is in savior.

It sounds idiotic cuz yur an idiot or either very ignorant. I never complained about Whackron being bottom or mid tier, cuz he's not. Tier never came up, once in my posts. I complained about him suckin, as in, nerfin what made him seem fun to use when he was a boss.

He just doesn't have that "Uhmf"/craziness the rest of the gang has. laughing out loud And just so you know, Whackron's S tier. If I hated or liked characters based on tiers, I wouldn't hate Fish and Bitchsquatch (one of the worst fighting game characters, ever).

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Night_Warriors:_Darkstalkers%27_Revenge

Just do yur research next time, pal.

NemeBro
You're just mad that Sasquatch beat up Jedah.

Frisky Dingo
It sounds idiotic cuz yur an idiot or either very ignorant. I never complained about Whackron being bottom or mid tier, cuz he's not. Tier never came up, once in my posts. I complained about him suckin, as in, nerfin what made him seem fun to use when he was a boss.

He just doesn't have that "Uhmf"/craziness the rest of the gang has. laughing out loud And just so you know, Whackron's S tier. If I hated or liked characters based on tiers, I wouldn't hate Fish and Bitchsquatch (one of the worst fighting game characters, ever).

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Night_Warriors:_Darkstalkers%27_Revenge

Just do yur research next time, pal.

Geez, relax! I admit, I misread you, apologies.

Still, Pyron is FAAAAARRRRRRRR from boring and "non-crazy". Maybe you just weren't using him correctly. Like most of the other characters, Pyron does have signature nonsense that makes him really good. Dashing attacks, shrinking dashes, dive kicks galore, and quite literally, the greatest teleport ever. I don't think it's necessary to get into his amazing specials and EXs, which just add the icing on the cake. Just like the rest of the cast, Pyron has a few things that you know, he would be stripped of in other games.

No End N Site
Whatever, pal.

And fyi, I don't even main Mummy, any more. He's too ass. I've come to realize that the few people who do well with'im have somethin they're born with.

Meet the knew and improved me...http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/demitri-introbat.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.